Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,844 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer - Programming (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer (35248 Views)

What's With The 3-5years Job Experience In Tech These Days, It's Annoying / My Journey To Getting A Remote Job / For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer by Runningwater(m): 4:16pm On Jul 19, 2020
myles16:

Can I see the source code please??
That's where I posted the code. I had to do some editing, the site might mess with the indentation. Copy the code and paste it on a text file in your PC.
https://rextester.com/edit/AFSNKC60285

1 Like

Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer by myles16(m): 4:34pm On Jul 19, 2020
Runningwater:

That's where I posted the code. I had to do some editing, the site might mess with the indentation. Copy the code and paste it on a text file in your PC.
https://rextester.com/edit/AFSNKC60285

Thanks, indentation isn't a problem. If I can't identate properly it means I've been playing since all these while

Thanks
Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer by arena07: 8:48pm On Jul 19, 2020
Someone should put me thorough the programming languages I can start with for front end and back end developer... I need step by step to be a full stack.with where I can download good video as a beginner...
Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer by thenaijacoder(m): 3:33am On Jul 20, 2020
MrJavaS:

Please can you indicate the link to your github profile
Sure.

https://github.com/geekyahmed

1 Like

Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer by arena07: 5:59am On Jul 20, 2020
thenaijacoder:

Sure.

please put me thorough the programming languages I can start with for
front end and back end developer... I need step by step to be a full stack.with
where I can download good video as a beginner...

1 Like

Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer by Abcruz(m): 6:20pm On Jul 20, 2020
thenaijacoder:

Sure.

Wow it's an incredible portfolio keep the flag flying young star.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer by frankfab(m): 11:52pm On Jul 20, 2020
Please I'm a Designer and upcoming frontend Developer. I would like to have a mentor, someone who can give me feedback and critique my projects. I'm willing and ready to learn
Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer by Miraj22(f): 7:35am On Aug 20, 2020
Bootstrap or W3.CSS which one is better?? I need answers
Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer by DC49: 8:15pm On Aug 21, 2020
Miraj22:
Bootstrap or W3.CSS which one is better?? I need answers
I would recommend you go with bootstrap. The framework has been around for a while, and with with enough online tutorials and answers on stackoverflow, you will have where to turn to if you ever get stuck.
Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer by iyasegun: 8:48am On Aug 22, 2020
Honestly guys work from home is real just that most of us don't know.

I work for the biggest ecommerce company in Nigeria(you already know it) and I've been working from home since March. I am not a programmer or one bad ass tech guy. I do customer service. Yes you will have challenges with data at first but you will find ur way around it

I have a friend who just got a job via upwork. He is paid 100k or more per week depending on currency conversion rate. He is not a programmer. He work as a technicial support agent. Yeah there are lots of lies out there but don't let them deter you guys.

8 Likes

Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer by xxxXXXxxx: 1:05pm On Aug 28, 2020
This thread is great!
it's an inspiring one
Op you're doing well
kudos to all the reasonable contributors here too
Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer by sonofthunder: 1:27pm On Sep 15, 2020
Esbeejayou:

Hello, I'm an aspiring developer and I've been doing some self-learning. I discovered so many remote opportunities but I don't have enough skills.
Do you mind being my coach?

Thanks, in anticipation

Hello, how's the learning process going?
Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer by sonofthunder: 1:33pm On Sep 15, 2020
Assetosky:
How do you people learn all these things! I want to learn.

Join me let's learn together.
Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer by sonofthunder: 1:45pm On Sep 15, 2020
thenaijacoder:

I hope so.

I have been looking at a particular job opening at Canada though , but i need to gain more experience especially in Cloud computing with Azure, AWS or Cloudinary..

Hello, would like to ask few questions and discuss a few things. Can I pm/WhatsApp you.
I'll be grateful.
Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer by sonofthunder: 2:10pm On Sep 15, 2020
Miraj22:
I recently started training on html it will be followed by css, javascript, jquery, bootstrap and wordpress. Am I on the right track??

Hello, what's the progress like? Your progression is similar to mine.
Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer by Miraj22(f): 7:07am On Oct 04, 2020
sonofthunder:

Hello, what's the progress like? Your progression is similar to mine.
I've touched all not that I've delved deeply into it still learning bootstrap I don't really like it that much. How about you
Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer by Miraj22(f): 7:08am On Oct 04, 2020
DC49:

I would recommend you go with bootstrap. The framework has been around for a while, and with with enough online tutorials and answers on stackoverflow, you will have where to turn to if you ever get stuck.
Okay thanks
Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer by Pearlk: 9:23am On Oct 04, 2020
Wao!!!
Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer by sonofthunder: 3:44pm On Oct 05, 2020
Miraj22:

I've touched all not that I've delved deeply into it still learning bootstrap I don't really like it that much. How about you

That's great. You sure I wouldn't become your student?

I was able to learn a little bit of python before understanding what web development really entails and the right pathway. Covered HTML, CSS and currently battling with JavaScript. Will return back to bootstrap when I get to a satisfactory stage with JavaScript or hit a blockade.

Been a little distracted but will continue learning this week.
Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer by JokeAdeleke: 4:49am On Oct 15, 2020
Runningwater:

I once wrote a web scraper in python that scraps phone number and email address.
What programming skills you use in earning in upwork apart from Python....

Hi Coder,

I'm In need of Nigerian emails

How can you be of assistance. I'm willing to buy
Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer by Billzy: 7:06am On Oct 15, 2020
Great content!!

Kudos to the contributors,you guys have impacted lives by sharing your experience and suggestions.
I salute.
Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer by olamidedivotee(f): 12:36pm On Oct 15, 2020
Assetosky:
How do you people learn all these things! I want to learn.
where do u live?
Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer by hellomosquito(f): 6:27am On Dec 06, 2020
JokeAdeleke:

Hi Coder,

I'm In need of Nigerian emails

How can you be of assistance. I'm willing to buy

Thank me later

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6WdRgB5XL8
Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer by orgasticdance: 3:21am On Mar 22, 2021
Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer by Sheffdon: 1:57pm On Apr 25, 2021
Stewart883:

What!!! Are u serious That's too poor. I presently work remotely with a company in based in Romania as a Market research analyst (here in Nigeria) and the pay is over $2200 and also attached to it is transportation allowance of $300 monthly... Hmm I still find it hard to believe u earn just $500 damn!!
afternoon sir

I'm not asking you to teach me anything. I'm only asking for your wise opinion sir.

Pls how do i become market research analyst?

From where should I start?

Thanks
Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer by Sheffdon: 2:07pm On Apr 25, 2021
Guest911:

I work for a Californian company too, my work starts at 3:00pm and end at 10:00pm, I have never missed a standup meetings, and I always give an hour heads up if I was ever going to be late for meetings.

One thing my remote team and I agreed on was the time overlap.
So I just go on slack report that I have started working on xyzzy features and by 10:00pm, I go again and tell them what I was able to accomplish and that I'm going to bed. I work as backend using Nodejs and ExpressJs.

EDIT: I saw where you mentioned you earn $500, dude I won't advise you to quit immediately, I would advise you to sharpen your skills and apply to jobs in Australian, Berlin etc. You now have remote work experience.

I've been working remotely for 4 years, my least pay is still $5000. my goal is to hit $10,000 ~ $15,000 per month by 2021 that's why I'm taking algorithm classes.
pls ooo advise me as a newbie abeg boss

Pls where can I start as a frontend or backend developer?

Thanks
Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer by Sheffdon: 2:15pm On Apr 25, 2021
Bigfish121:
No skill actually.when you get the job you will be taught how to go about it ND you will also been given a tutorial video

pls how can I get the job pls to sustain myself for the meantime?
Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer by kayodez: 2:16pm On Apr 25, 2021
I was working remotely on a probation in past 7 days, and I would say it's been a good experience but the drawback is that I have to be on my pc all days.

I am still negotiating a pay of $150-160 range as a front-end junior developer.

The company uses Skype as the major means of communication.
Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer by Sheffdon: 3:18pm On Apr 25, 2021
thenaijacoder:
There is more to remote jobs than you think. Here is my personal experience.

Recently, i received a mail from a remote american tech company that i applied for. I was informed, that an interview will take placed few days, i prepared for the interview and the day came , lot of questions were asked that questioned my experience in web development. Finally the interview was over, but still i felt that i really embarrassed myself and messed up but i kept my fate.

Two days later, i received a mail from the same company where all the company guidelines, workflows and other necessary information i needed to get started were contained.

I resumed work a week after, soon i decided to set up my work environment just for me to realize i will be working actively at midnight from 11:30 - 6:30 due to time zones difference.

So basically, my life was staying on the PC every night and i adapted to it to the extent that i might not use my PC yet i can't sleep at night.

Soon after, i felt ill for 3 days after 4 weeks of sleepless nights and i was advised to reduce my working time and sleep often.

Knowing it was dangerous for my health, i cut my working time to 4AM and i will be off to bed. This step almost cost me my job because i published a new feature to the company product but i didn't include proper documentation of what the feature does and the developers and the members were annoyed with me to that.

Since it was a remote company though they have an office at California, most of their members work remotely, the company meetings are always held on Thursday via Google Meet and i have been marked absent for 3 times in a row which is really bad for my report. I was warned if i miss the next meeting, there is a possibility that i might be on probation or worst relieved of my role.

NB: I work as a frontend developer using Vuejs as my core language.

Share yours
hi.

I tried to message you through your number but you aren't on whatsapp.

Ive sent you a message pls reply.

Or you can send me your email or whatsapp contact

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 26, 2021
kayodez:
I was working remotely on a probation in past 7 days, and I would say it's been a good experience but the drawback is that I have to be on my pc all days.

I am still negotiating[b] a pay of $150-160[/b] range as a front-end junior developer.

Per week?
Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer by akus6060(m): 6:56pm On May 03, 2021
Is the $160 range per month or week? Because if it's per month, I will say is too small.
kayodez:

I am still negotiating a pay of $150-160 range as a front-end junior developer.

Re: Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer by FanOfMyself: 5:17am On May 07, 2021
thenaijacoder:
There is more to remote jobs than you think. Here is my personal experience.

Recently, i received a mail from a remote american tech company that i applied for. I was informed, that an interview will take placed few days, i prepared for the interview and the day came , lot of questions were asked that questioned my experience in web development. Finally the interview was over, but still i felt that i really embarrassed myself and messed up but i kept my fate.

Two days later, i received a mail from the same company where all the company guidelines, workflows and other necessary information i needed to get started were contained.

I resumed work a week after, soon i decided to set up my work environment just for me to realize i will be working actively at midnight from 11:30 - 6:30 due to time zones difference.

So basically, my life was staying on the PC every night and i adapted to it to the extent that i might not use my PC yet i can't sleep at night.

Soon after, i felt ill for 3 days after 4 weeks of sleepless nights and i was advised to reduce my working time and sleep often.

Knowing it was dangerous for my health, i cut my working time to 4AM and i will be off to bed. This step almost cost me my job because i published a new feature to the company product but i didn't include proper documentation of what the feature does and the developers and the members were annoyed with me to that.

Since it was a remote company though they have an office at California, most of their members work remotely, the company meetings are always held on Thursday via Google Meet and i have been marked absent for 3 times in a row which is really bad for my report. I was warned if i miss the next meeting, there is a possibility that i might be on probation or worst relieved of my role.

NB: I work as a frontend developer using Vuejs as my core language.

Share yours
I'm a VueJs Developer too bro. VueJs rocks!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Ethical Hackers / Driveinhud App Gains Over 1000 Registered User Within One Month Of Launch / Astro Programming Language 0.2 (indefinite release)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.