Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,607 members, 7,801,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Governor Wike's Letter To Mr President ; A Class Act - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Wike's Letter To Mr President ; A Class Act (331 Views)

How Abuja Was Before Tinubu Became President, A Documentary By A Tiktoker! / HE PETER OBI IS A CLASS ACT: LOVE HIS EPIC RESPONSES TO TINUBU AND EL-RUFAI / Breaking News!! Atiku's Hope Of Becoming President a Reality...Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Governor Wike's Letter To Mr President ; A Class Act by Joyfullyme: 9:54pm On Jul 04, 2020
Principles and consistency are values not commonly associated with Nigerian politics. Also uncommon is the willingness to go through inconveniences to hold on to ideals that are not tied to any benefit.

It is against the flow of our common approach Governor Wike has been consistent in courageously speaking up when he sees things going wrong even when there is no visible gain in standing on his principles.

Governor Wike's recent appreciation letter to President Buhari over the Federal Executive Council's approval for the refund of Rivers state's funds spent on Federal roads came as a surprise to most because we are used to viewing disagreements in Government as personal feuds where parties take issues to the extreme.

Although Governor Wike has on several occasions said he would appreciate the Federal Government when things are done right and speak up when they are not right, most didn't believe he would actually practice what he preached.

The long absence of good news from the center concerning Rivers State made most of us believe the Governor was stuck in an antagonistic mindset so even with examples we have had in the past this one still came as a surprise.

In August 2017 when Mr President survived a health scare and returned from his treatment in London, Governor Wike surprised the Country by going to Abuja to welcome him back.

When the Federal Government completed the Port Harcourt International Airport Governor Wike was at the commissioning on the 25th of Oct 2018. He welcomed and very warmly commended President Buhari not only on behalf of the state but he went on to express the gratitude of the people of the South South who would benefit from the Airport.

His position is simply about the right thing being done and proper consideration being given to Rivers State. To this end he has been consistent and true.
He is an example of an outspoken and courageous leader who shows that opposition is not hatred or madness.

In his Wednesday 1st July interview on National Television, when asked the motive behind his appreciation letter to President Buhari he said "If you do good for us we would appreciate you, if you don't we would say so." He explained that even as a politician he has chosen to be a man of his words and his stand has always been clear as he responds to issues based on principles.

"I am one man who would tell you where I am what I would do and what I would not do."
"People take politics too personal and thats the problem we have in this country.

"There are people who are extreme in what they do, i am not an extremist, i believe in principles." He said.

His expression of gratitude has once again taken his action beyond having the courage to take hard decisions to having the class, boldness and humility to put Rivers State first and take soft decision that uphold our values of respect and appreciation.

The appreciation letter would go down in history as a class act and a lesson in opposition and governance as few could have thought of it or had the courage to publicise it as he did.

Re: Governor Wike's Letter To Mr President ; A Class Act by Temitopemo6e6(m): 9:54pm On Jul 04, 2020
T
Re: Governor Wike's Letter To Mr President ; A Class Act by Hezzyluv: 9:55pm On Jul 04, 2020
Politics without bitterness, is part of what will take us to promised land

opposition is not madness.

(1) (Reply)

Detailed Confession: How We Used Federal Might To Rig. / Breaking: Buhari Suspends Magu / Magu Sent Back To Police Custody, Moves Belongings Out Of Official Residence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.