Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,861 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) (96930 Views)

21-Year-Old Woman Falls Into Domestic Well In Kwara And Dies (Graphic) / Nigerian Lady Who Was Injured In Gas Explosion Dies (Graphic Photos) / Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Reference(m): 2:47pm On Jul 05, 2020
NewBea:
Connection between phone call and gas explosion is what i still don't understand!

I cannot see any connection except the phone being an ignition source. But cooking gas is stored in a containment vessel which should be leak proof. So it is either she was distracted by the ringing phone, opened the valve or turned on the regulator and left a gas leak or the gas equipment was faulty. Anyway, lpg is scented during production and should be perceived if there is a major leak. Multi tasking safely is not her strong point. Whenever you get emotional on the phone danger always lurks.

1 Like

Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by sidieladaniel: 2:48pm On Jul 05, 2020
RIP my former neighbor swanky
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by omenka(m): 2:49pm On Jul 05, 2020
wittyt98:
RADIATION
How does a radiowave cause ignition of an inflammable liquid?

Just how?

2 Likes

Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Coldie(m): 2:49pm On Jul 05, 2020
N
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by selfmadeboss: 2:49pm On Jul 05, 2020
BtcAirdrop:
you're evil ooo.. How can you wish that on someone!! Chai.. So we have demons registered here in nairaland.
yes i am. toke and like 3 or 4 more, i don forget theor names ok i remember one noe kora abidi. i wish it was one of them. too many innocent people are dying and leaving these useless oloshos alive
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by selfmadeboss: 2:50pm On Jul 05, 2020
Dunuac:
embarassed okay I’ve been using phone near cooking has since and I will stop today
omo u really need to stop o. that is the most dangerous thing to do
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by sonnie10: 2:51pm On Jul 05, 2020
uvie66:
Nigerians and recklessness.. firstly why Nigerians put gas cylinder indoors is beyond me to comprehend then start making a call.
If you live in a not too secured compound, they will likely steal you gas cylinder if left outside.
If you like, lock it with chain, it won’t stop them
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by omenka(m): 2:51pm On Jul 05, 2020
It is not true that radiation from phones (radiowaves) can ignite fuel. People should dump this foolish belief already.

5 Likes

Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by GeneralPula: 2:54pm On Jul 05, 2020
NewBea:
Connection between phone call and gas explosion is what i still don't understand!
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by blockgeek69(m): 2:54pm On Jul 05, 2020
As a good practice, always place cylinder away from the kitchen and use a table cooker.
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Wang1tang: 2:54pm On Jul 05, 2020
Rip dear
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 05, 2020
Geez Medusa just got uglier.
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Kwili: 2:55pm On Jul 05, 2020
Dreamliner787:

I swear, me either, this is completely two different physics and chemistry that does not relate
ogbeni shut up Jooor, if u don't know something kindly humble urself and ask not bringing ur ignorance to the public.
if u think it's false news or it didn't relate, I will advice you try it at home.
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by EricSmallz(m): 2:56pm On Jul 05, 2020
Rest In Peace to the pretty Girl.
But, can I just pick a call close to my gas burner if I don't have gas lighter or match sticks? Especially at midnight when I am hungry and I don't have a lighter to put on the gas? grin
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by stanliwise(m): 2:56pm On Jul 05, 2020
NewBea:
prolly it wasn’t the cell phone. Maybe the gas is faulty.
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by nwele2017: 2:57pm On Jul 05, 2020
ghettokid1:
May Her soul RIPP.....ignorance is a very big disease
Oga, she is not died yet, try to read before spewing thrash with your mouth.
We pray for her quick recover
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by stanliwise(m): 2:57pm On Jul 05, 2020
Kwili:

ogbeni shut up Jooor, if u don't know something kindly humble urself and ask not bringing ur ignorance to the public.
if u think it's false news or it didn't relate, I will advice you try it at home.
There is no evidence that a cell phone can ignite a gas. It doesn’t have enough voltage to do so. I think the gas tank is faulty

3 Likes

Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by dejavuh0007(m): 2:58pm On Jul 05, 2020
I still don't understand why Nigerians place or use gas cylinders indoors.
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by stanliwise(m): 2:58pm On Jul 05, 2020
sonnie10:

If you live in a not too secured compound, they will likely steal you gas cylinder if left outside.
If you like, lock it with chain, it won’t stop them
It is better to put it outside. Same reason people gave for putting gen inside. They all died

1 Like

Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by daveP(m): 2:59pm On Jul 05, 2020
NewBea:
The waves from a phone during call is adverse to gas. Like putting an ignition to a car... Thats what the waves do.... Then boom!!
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Openbusiness3: 2:59pm On Jul 05, 2020
Phone and petrol gas, yes very possible. But phone and cylinder gas na film trick abeg. May we dey talk true and not sensational exaggeration. The cylinder get problem that's most likely the cause of explosion, probably leaking in another point. May God have mercy on me

1 Like

Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by pacificom: 2:59pm On Jul 05, 2020
If your gas cooker is already burning using your cell phone is no danger. the reason that you do not use your cell phone when you're close to flammable gas that's in the open like gasoline while you're filling up at the gas station or when you have propane that has not been ignited yet and nobody stands there with the gas running and doesn't light the burner immediately. A cell phone has got tiny electronic contact inside of it they make sparks Sparks make gasoline go boom! it's just not a good idea to come close to gasoline vapors with your cell phone.

1 Like

Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Omoluabi16(m): 3:00pm On Jul 05, 2020
Rather than arguing I think people should stop using their phones nears this thing. No one can fully validate or invalidate these theories, just like philosophers continue to counter themselves. It won't kill to avoid using your phones in these situations. I don't use my phones close to fuel, gas or when its raining because of lightening.
Always be safe than sorry.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by stanliwise(m): 3:01pm On Jul 05, 2020
Galactico4ever:
So many ignorant people on this forum claiming I-Too-Know.Abegi undecided ...
who are the ignorant people. I assumed you are referring to the people who didn’t support the mobile phone theory. But let me tell you. They might not be far from the truth
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Avast(m): 3:02pm On Jul 05, 2020
NewBea:

That is the kind of news we see on Facebook.

Have you ever saw something like this on BBC?

1 Like

Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by SweetCunt97(f): 3:02pm On Jul 05, 2020
Personally I don't get it. Leaking cylinder?
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 05, 2020
Zinny25:
whenever I'm in a vehicle traveling and we stop by to refill the tank, I don't allow passengers take phone calls, sometimes they ignore me or even insult me which usually generate into exchange of words, I'm usually scared of this stuff. If I have my way sef I'll rather use firewood and charcoal instead of gas and stove.

RIP dear
Śtove is safer than gas.

1 Like

Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by stanliwise(m): 3:03pm On Jul 05, 2020
Dunuac:
embarassed okay I’ve been using phone near cooking has since and I will stop today
You didn’t die because cell phones don’t cause explosion. You are better of having a gas leakage detector and alarm. Most people die because of faulty cylinder but people document something else as the cause

1 Like

Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by tutudesz: 3:04pm On Jul 05, 2020
Reference:

I cannot see any connection except the phone being an ignition source. But cooking gas is stored in a containment vessel which should be leak proof. So it is either she was distracted by the ringing phone, opened the valve or turned on the regulator and left a gas leak or the gas equipment was faulty. Anyway, lpg is scented during production and should be perceived if there is a major leak. Multi tasking safely is not her strong point. Whenever you get emotional on the phone danger always lurks.
This is the smartest post here smiley Simple

1 Like

Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by classicfrank4u(m): 3:04pm On Jul 05, 2020
MEGA4BILLION:

GSM signal is a radiation that ignite anything highly inflammable. Don't say nobody warn you

Mind u The gas is already on, so what is the cell phone igniting?

1 Like

Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by stanliwise(m): 3:05pm On Jul 05, 2020
Oharina:
Damn... It's unfortunate.
With deep regreat in her family's heart and gratitude to the Almighty, they annouce the sudden death of their promising young daughter, who died as a result of an ignition between her cooking gas and the network of her phone by answering a call while the gas was on without puting fire to it first. Because of lack of patience and ignorance, it exploded and she died. Chai, it a pity, what a promising young sweet girl that died just like that?
R I P to her...
There is no evidence that a phone could cause an ignition. If she was cooking, it could be the fire. Prolly a faulty cylinder
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by ghettokid1(m): 3:05pm On Jul 05, 2020
nwele2017:

Oga, she is not died yet, try to read before spewing thrash with your mouth.
We pray for her quick recover
grin grin grin grin grin
pls go back and read very well sir!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Man Is A 2 Min Man. Help / Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus / 10 Foods That Increase Sperm Count

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.