Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:48 PM

Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) (96837 Views)

21-Year-Old Woman Falls Into Domestic Well In Kwara And Dies (Graphic) / Nigerian Lady Who Was Injured In Gas Explosion Dies (Graphic Photos) / Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Podakejol: 4:23pm On Jul 05, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
angry angry, No hoo... U once asked me now, I told u Ib
Thought you’re just a resident there and not from there. That’s what i thought
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Annie001: 4:29pm On Jul 05, 2020
ajl:

It's the same reason you are not to use your phone at a gas station (petrol station). There will be gas vapor in the air around the kitchen area. Especially the moment one turn on the gas knob before lightening the cooker. Having a phone in hand in the kitchen area during that moment could be dangerous. That moment takes some seconds and a lot could happen depending on how much gas is in the air or if you left the gas on for too long. Your cell phones can release static electricity and this could light up gas saturated air. It get more dangerous if you forget to turn off the gas.
Are you saying petrol attendant don't receive calls when they are at work
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 05, 2020
Yea, am a resident here, but HV never been to all those place u dey mention self sad sad kiss
Podakejol:

Thought you’re just a resident there and not from there. That’s what i thought
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by bobntu: 4:36pm On Jul 05, 2020
Sad!
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by NaMe4: 4:37pm On Jul 05, 2020
geez18:

let me try and elucidate the science behind the explosion.

hopefully you have heard of Boyle's law, Charle's law and the Brownian law of motion. well, without wanting to confuse you, let me explain the behaviour of gases in layman's term. Gas or gases are matter which, under standard temperature and pressure(s.t.p), are loosely bonded together, taking the shape of whatever container they are filled in, thereby exerting constant pressure on the walls of the container(cylinder in this case) therein. surely you know that cooking gas is combustible and therefore highly volatile.

now let's talk about the G.S.M. technology. I'm sure you must have heard that cellular phones emit radiations, especially when they're being used for calls. well, those radioactive particules carry charges; electrical charges that can ignite the volatile and combustible gas. the radioactive emissions from the phone penetrates the cylinder, charges the gas particles which leads to a higher erratic movements of the gas particles in the cylinder and much more pressure on the walls of the cylinder(sometimes more than was intended for the cylinder to withstand).

now, if that cylinder is old and rusty or expired, it may explode under the extreme pressure exerted in it. if it explodes what happens then? a highly combustible gas ignited by radio particles in the presence of oxygen, that's a recipe for disaster.

I hope you get the drift now.

I will have to disagree with this theory.

If the radiation from the phone is capable of penetrating the (metal) cylinder, it must have already penetrated all the body tissues of the person handling the phone, including the heart where electrical activities take place (consider those with pacemakers also) and would definitely interfere with brain electrical activity.

Also, people would not be able to make calls around vehicles, cos radiation would penetrate the gas tanks.

The most probable cause would have been a leaking cylinder or erroneously opened cylinder with high concentration of gas within the room/kitchen.
Ignition could be from a naked flame or yet-to-be-proven phone radiation.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by justli: 4:38pm On Jul 05, 2020
NewBea:
Connection between phone call and gas explosion is what i still don't understand!

I think when trying to answer a call, your phone pulls in a concentration of electromagnetic waves...

Maybe a spike in these wave can set off explosion when close to an open gas cylinder. Just like how suicide bombers use mobile phones to set off explosion.
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Zinny25(f): 4:39pm On Jul 05, 2020
Elder0001:
Śtove is safer than gas.
pray you don't get adulterated kerosine.... I experienced that stove explosion sometime ago, thank God I wasn't hurt... na charcoal be the best

1 Like

Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Chicastle: 4:45pm On Jul 05, 2020
NewBea:
Connection between phone call and gas explosion is what i still don't understand!

A Mobile phone network has a very high radioactivity for it to transmit networking and this radioactivity can ony be transmitted with a high force of wave and a wave has been defined as a disturbance which travels through a medium and transfers energy from one place to the other, without causing any displacement of itself.

So the gravity of this wave is almost similar to that of third law of motion which states put on your seat belt while driving.

In conclusion, answering calls while close to a cooking gas is not advisable cause of the network radioactivity which are also found in 2G, 3G, or 4G networks
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by iammolise(m): 4:46pm On Jul 05, 2020
Lord have mercy!!! shocked
This is the second time I've come in awareness of this... It's real guys... A girl did same thing and burnt their house. But what's it with girls and taking their phones everywhere they go
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by eddyline(m): 4:48pm On Jul 05, 2020
NewBea:
especially when you have already lit up the gas! there's fire already
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Amhappy(f): 4:48pm On Jul 05, 2020
NewBea:

A spark from Cellphone can ignite and cause an explosion or fire if there is gas leak.
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by SOJOSEPH(m): 4:49pm On Jul 05, 2020
MUST U SHOW ALL THE PICTURES?

ONE OR TWO OK
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Barryson: 4:51pm On Jul 05, 2020
So pathetic!
RIP
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by sheyitokz(m): 4:51pm On Jul 05, 2020
this is what most of us dnt knw abt nd we take lesser attractions to d gas while cooking
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by drezzyx(m): 4:53pm On Jul 05, 2020
You can imaging d pain she was passing through, before her death
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by shaw2(m): 4:53pm On Jul 05, 2020
Oboi
Know this girl
RIP
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by LEOSZ(m): 4:58pm On Jul 05, 2020
So sad rest in peace

Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by martineverest(m): 5:00pm On Jul 05, 2020
eni4real:
They are very very stupid undecided
absolutely
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by PotatoSalad(m): 5:07pm On Jul 05, 2020
wittyt98:
RADIATION
Olodo
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by PraiseHim4ever: 5:09pm On Jul 05, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
God of Israel!!! cry cry..what is this sad. May the good lord console the soul of the concerned families, amen sad
Anu u are beautiful
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by ceejay80s(m): 5:11pm On Jul 05, 2020
Dreamliner787:

I swear, me either, this is completely two different physics and chemistry that does not relate
I would have "liked" ur comment but the new update of opera loads just for like on Nairaland and its no good for my data management
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Hahahahahahahah: 5:13pm On Jul 05, 2020
[s]
omenka:
How does a radiowave cause ignition of an inflammable liquid?

Just how?
[/s]
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Hahahahahahahah: 5:13pm On Jul 05, 2020
[s]
omenka:
It is not true that radiation from phones (radiowaves) can ignite fuel. People should dump this foolish belief already.
[/s]
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by ACE1010: 5:14pm On Jul 05, 2020
Blood of Jesus lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
The gory sight is too painful to behold . RIP sister, may the good lord console your family embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Antichristus: 5:15pm On Jul 05, 2020
uvie66:
Nigerians and recklessness.. firstly why Nigerians put gas cylinder indoors is beyond me to comprehend then start making a call.

Not defending the practice. The only reason is, it would be stolen. You’ll wake up or return home and it’s disappeared. Period. Nigeria is a banana republic.

1 Like

Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by rummmy: 5:18pm On Jul 05, 2020
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Tapout(m): 5:19pm On Jul 05, 2020
2cribz:
Very true. Take a phone to a gas station n make a call. Gbam. Boom. Sametin near a stove esp camping gas on expired cylinder

How pls?? Cooking gas?? I understand that of petrol but not gas. So pls explain what causes the ignition ??
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by 2cribz: 5:22pm On Jul 05, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXwQ5uLCk-8

Tapout:

How pls?? Cooking gas?? I understand that of petrol but not gas. So pls explain what causes the ignition ??
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by gbagyiza: 5:23pm On Jul 05, 2020
Dreamliner787:

I swear, me either, this is completely two different physics and chemistry that does not relate

It's simple, gas is a combination of highly flammable chemical contents and that's chemistry, while the phone is an electronic device that radiant heat while operating n transfer it through radiation that's physics. Therefore, the reaction between the two effects will definitely cause fire accompanied with explosion because the content is enclosed in a cylinder, so pressure is build within the cylinder.
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Podakejol: 5:27pm On Jul 05, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
Yea, am a resident here, but HV never been to all those place u dey mention self sad sad kiss
Ok dear
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 05, 2020
Thanks for the compliment kiss kiss
PraiseHim4ever:
Anu u are beautiful
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Aduraworks: 5:42pm On Jul 05, 2020
Either cooking or not...I DONT BRING MY PHONE TO THE KITCHEN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Man Is A 2 Min Man. Help / Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus / 10 Foods That Increase Sperm Count

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.