Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,313 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) (96950 Views)

21-Year-Old Woman Falls Into Domestic Well In Kwara And Dies (Graphic) / Nigerian Lady Who Was Injured In Gas Explosion Dies (Graphic Photos) / Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 05, 2020
PraiseHim4ever:
Ok inbox me ur digit plz
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Sebbs(m): 9:12pm On Jul 05, 2020
Damn!!
Only God can save us
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by morris477(m): 9:24pm On Jul 05, 2020
Somebody's girlfriend just die like that. RIP
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Segekesy(m): 9:28pm On Jul 05, 2020
Eya RIP TO THE DEAD

But Good News, there's alternative
Save money from buying gas all the time. Get a charcoal stove now!!!
See reasons you need to get yourself a charcoal stove
�Faster and very affordable.
�Cooking with ease and low cost...
�50% reduced cooking time.
�60% improvement in cooking efficiency.
�Keeps your pot sparkling clean
�no more fear of gas explosions.
�Roast, Bake, fry your foods and
cook your delicious beans
�Cook with ease with Multi-function Charcoal cook stove.
�Suitable for indoor use with built in compartments, ventilated openings under to allow in air.
�No Smoking
Price
Small size- 6500
Small size- 5pcs 6000
Big size one piece =19,000
Big size 5pieces above 18, 500
Call our distributor number 08106869740, 08152223050, whatsapp 08029784279

Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by comrChris(m): 9:43pm On Jul 05, 2020
She is a unizik student
Saw it in one of unizik groups
May her soul rest in peace
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Craig24: 9:44pm On Jul 05, 2020
Annie001:

I use to wonder how most of you think
Are you saying she bleached and that's is the reason why she died from the explosion
You really are not okay

Toothpick dey ur brain.
Was I referring to u?
You must be troublesome in nature.

Stay your lane, no carry your busybody come my side. If u can't read n move on then you need mental evaluation.

Mind your business!
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Mrlouis: 9:57pm On Jul 05, 2020
No correlation between gas explosion caused by gas in use and it's user coming in close proximity with it whilst taking calls.
Scenerio 1. I think what played out here was that the lady was distracted by the call. She most certainly turned on the valve letting the gas out (without igniting it with a match) while she was on call. After some time, she forgot the room was saturated with gas (still on the phone) and attempted lighting the gas cylinder. By then the room was charged with gas and an explosion took place. Remember this is the rainy seasons so the possibility of static charges causing it is ruled out!

Scenerio 2. The gas cylinder was leaking and gas saturated the room even before she came into the room to cook and whilst receiving call, she tried igniting the cylinder but it ended in an explosion

Scenerio 3. Her village people remotely opened the gas valve 5 hours before she entered to cook and they prompted her to go and cook at the appointed time. Kaboom was the sound!
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 05, 2020
Copper wires are used in some phones and they have high conductivity which makes them spark when hot and we all know that if you're on a long call your phone can get hot gradually. Beside the burning gas has already created a vapor in the air that smells the gas and when little spark occurs in the phone couple with the waves of telecommunications, that's BOOM!
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Mrlouis: 10:11pm On Jul 05, 2020
Drwinz:
Copper wires are used in some phones and they have high conductivity which makes them spark when hot and we all know that if you're on a long call your phone can get hot gradually. Beside the burning gas has already created a vapor in the air that smells the gas and when little spark occurs in the phone couple with the waves of telecommunications, that's BOOM!
Read what you wrote slowly. After that, Write it out, then read it much slower this time again word by word.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Annie001: 10:13pm On Jul 05, 2020
Craig24:

Toothpick dey ur brain.
Was I referring to u?
You must be troublesome in nature.

Stay your lane, no carry your busybody come my side. If u can't read n move on then you need mental evaluation.

Mind your business!
You don't have to talk to me before I replied
The moment you decide to spew balderdash on a public forum becomes everyone's business
Take several seats at the back and give yourself sense, you are so insensitive and uncouth
Goat!!!!
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Craig24: 10:50pm On Jul 05, 2020
Annie001:

You don't have to talk to me before I replied
The moment you decide to spew balderdash on a public forum becomes everyone's business
Take several seats at the back and give yourself sense, you are so insensitive and uncouth
Goat!!!!

Okay. Leave the GOAT alone n mind your business, huh? Thank you!
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by phantom24: 11:17pm On Jul 05, 2020
Samirana360:
May ur own soul rest in peace
who is this slowpoke?
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by LikeCool(m): 1:24am On Jul 06, 2020
fr3do:
No explosion will be caused by a phone when there is a open flame nearby.
Let's be guided.

RIP to the victim.

What kind of English is that person speaking, via the pix? undecided

1 Like

Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by mandate12: 1:56am On Jul 06, 2020
geez18:

let me try and elucidate the science behind the explosion.

hopefully you have heard of Boyle's law, Charle's law and the Brownian law of motion. well, without wanting to confuse you, let me explain the behaviour of gases in layman's term. Gas or gases are matter which, under standard temperature and pressure(s.t.p), are loosely bonded together, taking the shape of whatever container they are filled in, thereby exerting constant pressure on the walls of the container(cylinder in this case) therein. surely you know that cooking gas is combustible and therefore highly volatile.

now let's talk about the G.S.M. technology. I'm sure you must have heard that cellular phones emit radiations, especially when they're being used for calls. well, those radioactive particules carry charges; electrical charges that can ignite the volatile and combustible gas. the radioactive emissions from the phone penetrates the cylinder, charges the gas particles which leads to a higher erratic movements of the gas particles in the cylinder and much more pressure on the walls of the cylinder(sometimes more than was intended for the cylinder to withstand).

now, if that cylinder is old and rusty or expired, it may explode under the extreme pressure exerted in it. if it explodes what happens then? a highly combustible gas ignited by radio particles in the presence of oxygen, that's a recipe for disaster.

I hope you get the drift now.

I can't believe u quoted Boyle's law et al to put up this crap. U just scored 0. How can radio waves penetrate a gas cylinder and caus pressure leading to explosion? U may need to go back to SS1.

1 Like

Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by greall12(m): 2:30am On Jul 06, 2020
Poor thing. Poor medical treatment. There’s something behind this shit. I don’t believe on the write up.

RIP.

So painful.
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by sleekier(m): 6:19am On Jul 06, 2020
Onlyonebuhari:
Even with the exposed area alone 72% surface area calculated.
Percentage of survival= 100-(Age+%TBSA)
100-(30+72)= -2%
May God have mercy

And she was not being properly managed.
Her wounds are supposed to be covered to reduce dehydration. Dehydration is one of the major cause of hypovolemic shock in major burns injury that subsequently leads to death.

Poor management.
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by NaijTecho: 7:00am On Jul 06, 2020
NewBea:
Connection between phone call and gas explosion is what i still don't understand!
The connection from village; if you know, then you know. Radio waves i think...
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Emmani360(m): 7:46am On Jul 06, 2020
I don't know for others but i know that this girl's story has be spiced up. First they said that the mum cooked and forgot to switch off the gas cooker properly and when the girl went to boil hot water for bathing she got burnt. The girl actually died in hospital beside my house and a mutual nurse friend that works in the same hospital said that from what the girl told her it seemed she lit the gas burner, left and came after a while and saw that the fire has gone out, forgetting that the gas would have beem leaking out since then and coupled with not paying attention cos she was pressing her phone and didn't perceive the gas, she tried to light the burner again and that was when she got burnt.
Which one do we now believe.
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by donaldking10: 7:52am On Jul 06, 2020
geez18:

let me try and elucidate the science behind the explosion.

hopefully you have heard of Boyle's law, Charle's law and the Brownian law of motion. well, without wanting to confuse you, let me explain the behaviour of gases in layman's term. Gas or gases are matter which, under standard temperature and pressure(s.t.p), are loosely bonded together, taking the shape of whatever container they are filled in, thereby exerting constant pressure on the walls of the container(cylinder in this case) therein. surely you know that cooking gas is combustible and therefore highly volatile.

now let's talk about the G.S.M. technology. I'm sure you must have heard that cellular phones emit radiations, especially when they're being used for calls. well, those radioactive particules carry charges; electrical charges that can ignite the volatile and combustible gas. the radioactive emissions from the phone penetrates the cylinder, charges the gas particles which leads to a higher erratic movements of the gas particles in the cylinder and much more pressure on the walls of the cylinder(sometimes more than was intended for the cylinder to withstand).

now, if that cylinder is old and rusty or expired, it may explode under the extreme pressure exerted in it. if it explodes what happens then? a highly combustible gas ignited by radio particles in the presence of oxygen, that's a recipe for disaster.

I hope you get the drift now.

SHATAP.
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Alaga2222(m): 8:41am On Jul 06, 2020
Chai... and nah man wey she wants chop him money go call her before this kind thing happen oo
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by Samirana360(m): 10:26am On Jul 06, 2020
phantom24:
who is this slowpoke?
Then what do u call someone who doesn’t read before commenting?
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by showafrica(m): 11:37am On Jul 06, 2020
NewBea:
Connection between phone call and gas explosion is what i still don't understand!

And no one cares to experiment it. I don't know what our explosive department or fire department are doing. They should do this on live show with explosive protective wears. There is no link between phone and gas explosion. We need to find out more if na Nigerian thing
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by showafrica(m): 11:42am On Jul 06, 2020
wittyt98:
RADIATION

Radio frequency is not enough to ignite a shiit...
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by klmn01: 1:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
May the soul of the departed rest in peace, but there is no scientific proof against using the phone in the kitchen, it's just more preventive measures. Help yourself, Google this yourself, it's more of a myth than truth. People will just put writeup to misinform the large populace. I hope we can read and know these are cheap lies. Fire accident could have resulted from other actions but 99% sure it's not from using the phone. Switching on or off a switch when the room is saturated with gas is far more dangerous but never discussed. Opening of the window causing sparks are another one.
Try and get fire prevention and fire fighting training and all these myths would be clearer.
Thanks
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by uvie66: 2:01pm On Jul 06, 2020
sonnie10:

If you live in a not too secured compound, they will likely steal you gas cylinder if left outside.
If you like, lock it with chain, it won’t stop them
So you rather risk your life over a worthless gas cylinder.
Re: Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) by sonnie10: 4:38pm On Jul 06, 2020
uvie66:
So you rather risk your life over a worthless gas cylinder.
30 years and still counting

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus / My Man Is A 2 Min Man. Help / 10 Foods That Increase Sperm Count

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.