Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,666 members, 7,801,921 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child (173 Views)

Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child Is An Outdated Law / Spare The Rod, Spoil The Child / The Rod Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child by 300whitewolves(m): 7:35am On Jul 05, 2020
*Spare the rod and spoil the child.*

Beating a child doesn't sometimes solve an issue or deter a child from doing the wrong things or repenting from wrongdoings, sometimes sitting a child down and telling him or her advantages and disadvantages of a particular issue , behavior or manner can help that child. Parents have great roles in shaping the life of their children, in doing this, what steps do you think you can take ?, how will you like your children to view you?, Do you want to become an Undertaker or John Cena to your children ? or do wish your children wouldn't eat until they see their mum and dad ?. These are the things we need to think about in adopting measures in teaching our children. The Bible says *"spare the rod and spoil the child"*, but this does not give us an excuse to go extreme with our kids, some parents go as far as starving them because of something wrong they did. When I was growing up, there was a neighbor next to where we lived, she was temperamental, anything her child does will give her an excuse to beat or rain curses on this child, because of this temper, she fights with everyone and pour the blame on her daughter, saying it's because her daughter goes to the other person's house that's why that was happening.
As a child grows, sometimes parents say they start to grow wings because they have reached their adolescent stage, children might become uncooperative sometimes due to pressure from peers, children don't see their parents fit enough to correct them again , problems might arise from this if proper education and handling is not employed , it might lead to the destruction of the child's life and also the parents. The Bible says we should teach our children the word of God so that they would not depart from it even in their old age. As parents we must ensure we teach our children the way of the lord, an example is Samuel, he lived most of his life in the temple where he was constantly thought the word of God. Joseph in the Bible was sold by his brothers at a small age but he did not depart from the teachings of the lord, bible recorded he was closest to his father, he went on to become a great leader in a foreign land. Joseph and Mary constantly took Jesus to the synagogue to learn the word of God. These people at their young age had been taught the word of God and this helped them throughout their lives.
Questions we need to start asking ourselves is , Are we teaching our children the word of God?, or we just go with the current of life. Love should be the basis of our relationship with our children, the Bible even tells us not to provoke our children to wrath , but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

#northreturnee
Re: Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child by 300whitewolves(m): 7:36am On Jul 05, 2020
Op please move to front page ooo���
Re: Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child by Joshmodest(m): 7:39am On Jul 05, 2020
Sometimes I look back at my life and ask myself what the rod the bible speaks highly of did to me , and I realise it really did nothing ...
Some folks would come here and say , that cane helped to shape them into what they have become today , which in its entirety is false .
Let's compare with our European counterparts who don't indulge in the act , see how bold they are ..see how their students relate with their teachers , very bold ....see how the citizens react to the government , cos they've experienced freedom , most of their life ..
Many Nigerians today are too scared to fight for freedom , to scared to speak out when they are being mistreated ...
Attribute it to what you like its a ripple effect of the rod , that was used on the child , who has now grown to become a scared adult ....
Re: Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child by Harllaby: 7:43am On Jul 05, 2020
grin grin How do you expect a child to be trained in God's way when the family and society is broken to start with.
Re: Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child by Professorcplus(m): 7:45am On Jul 05, 2020
Beetunez44:

Why does rich men trains their child with wealth? why do they acquire property for them even while they are young? (peoples darkened mind will see this to be right and religion to be wrong)

my children will watch me tongue for hours, watch me in fellowship, watch me heal the sick and raise the dead, get baptised in the holy ghost and in love early...

Let's see why they will not love God.

300whitewolves:
Questions we need to start asking ourselves is , Are we teaching our children the word of God?, or we just go with the current of life. Love should be the basis of our relationship with our children, the Bible even tells us not to provoke our children to wrath , but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
#northreturnee

I watched my grand-dad speak to Oracle in incantations for hours, watched him socialized during ifa festival, watch him heal the sick and raise the spirit, get baptized in the osun spirit and love early...

Let's see why I will not love Ifa the most high God.

Your child only love your God because you have a loving relationship towards the child with respect to how you portrail God. Which means, the child haven't have some awful/bad experience which affect his/her life generally. The child just haven't found enough flaws about the belief or just stick to continue "loving" because of fear of rejection among you and your associates.

Re: Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child by aminusodiq(m): 7:54am On Jul 05, 2020
Ff

(1) (Reply)

Getting An International Passports Of 5 Countries With Visas. / Before You Sleep, Meditate And Pray With This / Online Church Service Unbiblical, Says Okotie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.