Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,547 members, 7,809,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

Make Heaven Or Die Trying - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Make Heaven Or Die Trying (9528 Views)

If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? / What Goes To Heaven Or Hell, Is It Body,soul Or Spirit. / Where Will Mad People Go To When They Die: Heaven Or Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Make Heaven Or Die Trying by Toks2008(m): 6:39am On Jul 09, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I read through your post and not even once did I find any mention of Jesus Christ's words indicating how you arrived at your born again status(only those who have the Spirit of God living inside of them are truly able to live without sin).

I remember that while I was an atheist still, I was able to achieve sinlessness through self-control and the lot. Yes, I used to be hypercritical of myself... I still am. But one thing remained, even with all that sinlessness I was able to achieve, I was not God's. And when I did eventually think about searching for God, I found that the only way to Him is to pay the cost of entry that Jesus Christ has stipulated, and that's what I posted above there for those interesting in FInding God for themselves to see that it is not an easy trip to make, and you forfeit yourself in the process. undecided

Guy as hard as this may sound, you can never ever live without sins. It is just impossible, but the good part is that we are no longer under the bondage of sin because we are liberated through faith in christ as i quoted in Romans in the write-up.

This does not mean we should continue to sin so that grace may abound but the good news is that the spirit of GOD helps us to perfect our journey of salvation as we strive day by day to be better and better.

There are many people in hell as i write who had your mindset and because they still found themselves falling into sins even after they accepted Christ, they gave up their salvation(Even when Jesus never gave up on them).

So i get your point bro,i can say that I don't sin too cos I try to keep the doctrines but hell no, we all sin in very funny ways and if GOD will judge everybody by our sinfulness, nobody except Jesus and the angels will be in heaven today.

Romans 8 vs 2
1Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2For in Christ Jesus, the law of the Spirit of life has set you free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful man, as an offering for sin. He thus condemned sin in the flesh,…

Trust me, salvation is easier than many think. Thanks to Jesus who is now our advocate.
Re: Make Heaven Or Die Trying by Kobojunkie: 6:53am On Jul 09, 2020
Toks2008:
Guy as hard as this may sound, you can never ever live without sins. It is just impossible, but the good part is that we are no longer under the bondage of sin because we are liberated through faith in christ as i quoted in Romans in the write-up.
Yes you can and it is not by your power but the Spirit of God living inside of you that you can achieve it.

Do you not trust the word of your own God that He will do it through His own Spirit who lives inside of you?
Toks2008:
This does not mean we should continue to sin so that grace may abound but the good news is that the spirit of GOD helps us to perfect our journey of salvation as we strive day by day to be better and better.
Grace means nothing as far as Sin is concerned. If you understood exactly what Grace means, you would know that it cannot help anyone who is not born again quit sinning.
Grace was not designed to prevent or help our sins-it was not designed for that purpose. It does not help make sin a thing of the past in the life of a born again either; the Spirit of God is the one who does that. That is what Jesus Christ Himself said. God stated this in the Old Testament, several times too.
Toks2008:
There are many people in hell as i write who had your mindset and because they still found themselves falling into sins even after they accepted Christ, they gave up their salvation(Even when Jesus never gave up on them).
Those who believe in the power of the Spirit of God are not in hell but the ones who are living in the Kingdom of God. For the Spirit of God is God Himself, the very seal of the new Covenant that is Jesus Christ Himself. undecided
Toks2008:
So i get your point bro,i can say that i dont sin too cos i try to keep the doctrines but hell no, we all sin in very funny ways and if GOD will judge everybody by our sinfullness, nobody except Jeesus and the angels will be in heaven today.
It is a sin to adopt the doctrines and traditions of men over the word of God Himself. It is a sin and nullifies the very power of God in the lives of those who do this. Jesus Christ said this very thing... warned against it but because so many who claim to love Him and belong to Him have turned their very hearts away from His truth, they live in ignorance of what He said and commanded.

Those who are born again submit their lives to the lead of the Spirit of God Himself. No longer are they at the wheel of their own lives and as a result, the Spirit of God, the Spirit of Truth Himself directs, teaches, helps, comforts, and counsels them in all things. By this God's word is made true in their lives... They live above the law of sin and death but are submitted to the Law of the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ. Read John 14-16 to learn more. undecided

Toks2008:
Romans 8 vs 2
1Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2For in Christ Jesus, the law of the Spirit of life has set you free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful man, as an offering for sin. He thus condemned sin in the flesh,…

Trust me, salvation is easier than many think. Thanks to Jesus who is now our advocate.
I am afraid you are wrong there. You forget that every letter Paul wrote was written to those who were already born again, and none to those who were still sinners. Salvation is a process and not an easy process.

There are costs involved and those who do not understand find it hard to make the necessary leaps. It is impossible to do it without doing exactly what Jesus Christ has stipulated, after all, He is the way, the Truth, and the Life that those who wish to be saved, seek to find!
Re: Make Heaven Or Die Trying by Toks2008(m): 7:29am On Jul 09, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Yes you can and it is not by your power but the Spirit of God living inside of you that you can achieve it.

Do you not trust the word of your own God that He will do it through His own Spirit who lives inside of you?
Grace means nothing as far as Sin is concerned. If you understood exactly what Grace means, you would know that it cannot help anyone who is not born again quit sinning.
Grace was not designed to prevent or help our sins-it was not designed for that purpose. It does not help make sin a thing of the past in the life of a born again either; the Spirit of God is the one who does that. That is what Jesus Christ Himself said. God stated this in the Old Testament, several times too.
Those who believe in the power of the Spirit of God are not in hell but the ones who are living in the Kingdom of God. For the Spirit of God is God Himself, the very seal of the new Covenant that is Jesus Christ Himself. undecided
It is a sin to adopt the doctrines and traditions of men over the word of God Himself. It is a sin and nullifies the very power of God in the lives of those who do this. Jesus Christ said this very thing... warned against it but because so many who claim to love Him and belong to Him have turned their very hearts away from His truth, they live in ignorance of what He said and commanded.

Those who are born again submit their lives to the lead of the Spirit of God Himself. No longer are they at the wheel of their own lives and as a result, the Spirit of God, the Spirit of Truth Himself directs, teaches, helps, comforts, and counsels them in all things. By this God's word is made true in their lives... They live above the law of sin and death but are submitted to the Law of the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ. Read John 14-16 to learn more. undecided

I am afraid you are wrong there. You forget that every letter Paul wrote was written to those who were already born again, and none to those who were still sinners. Salvation is a process and not an easy process.

There are costs involved and those who do not understand find it hard to make the necessary leaps. It is impossible to do it without doing exactly what Jesus Christ has stipulated, after all, He is the way, the Truth, and the Life that those who wish to be saved, seek to find!

Why are you going on and on justifying even what the Apostles faulted.

Galatians chapter 3.

13Did that which is good, then, become death to me? Certainly not! But in order that sin might be exposed as sin, it produced death in me through what was good, so that through the commandment sin might become utterly sinful.

14We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do. But what I hate, I do. 16And if I do what I do not want to do, I admit that the law is good. 17In that case, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

18I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my flesh; for I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19For I do not do the good I want to do. Instead, I keep on doing the evil I do not want to do. 20And if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21So this is the principle I have discovered: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22For in my inner being I delight in God’s law. 23But I see another law at work in my body, warring against the law of my mind and holding me captive to the law of sin that dwells within me.b

24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25Thanks be to God, through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, with my mind, I serve the law of God, but with my flesh, I serve the law of sin.

Now to cap it all and i will let you be...As believers, we are automatically above sins because the spirit of God dwells in us(Not because we can't fall into sins) But the laws of sin no longer apply to us.

Stop being hard on yourself. If a believer truly has the holy spirit, it will be extremely difficult to sin but not that the believer can not commit a sin.

Nowhere does the Bible say that a Christian in this life will ever be completely perfect—that is, free from all sin (1 John 1: 8 ).

As long as we are on this earth, we will always struggle against temptation and sin. That is one reason Jesus taught His disciples to pray (in The Lord’s Prayer), “Forgive us our sins … And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one” (Luke 11:4, Matthew 6:13).

Sometimes we sin by our actions; sometimes by our motives. Often we sin not because of what we do, but because of what we fail to do. For example, we fail to love or forgive others, or in other ways fail to do things we ought to do—and that is sin.

However, there are three important truths we need to repeat over and over to ourselves. First, just because we sin does not mean we are no longer God’s children. Our fellowship with God may be broken, but our relationship is not. Second, when we sin God stands ready to forgive us, and we need to turn to Him immediately.

“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9). Third, God wants to help us (through His Holy Spirit, who lives within every believer) to avoid sin in the future. “Live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature” (Galatians 5:16).

Thank God that you belong to Christ, and thank Him for His grace and forgiveness when you do sin—and for strength to overcome future temptation. “My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One” (1 John 2:1).

On this note, i will stop this pendulous discussion. Have a great day.
Re: Make Heaven Or Die Trying by pattern100(m): 8:11am On Jul 09, 2020
Lexusgs430:

I don't prepare for a place that does not exist...... I take each day, as it comes....... I am not a follower........

You are so intelligent. How I wish you know who Christ really is, you will be *super intelligent*. A divine touch is the best ever.
Re: Make Heaven Or Die Trying by Lexusgs430: 8:39am On Jul 09, 2020
pattern100:

You are so intelligent. How I wish you know who Christ really is, you will be *super intelligent*. A divine touch is the best ever.

I prefer physical manifestations, to abstract/spiritual unseen and unfelt situations......
Re: Make Heaven Or Die Trying by pattern100(m): 12:44pm On Jul 09, 2020
Lexusgs430:

I prefer physical manifestations, to abstract/spiritual unseen and unfelt situations......

Your views are great.... but do you Know that physical manifestation got its chance or approval from abstract/spritual unseen?
For instance, do you know that everything you have achieved are prior to your ABILITY that is in you. Those 'abilities' are carried by some unseen forces that you yourself cannot explain.
Some people want to be like you, but they can't because you are UNIQUE. There is something that makes you unique, it is divine not by physical strength.
Re: Make Heaven Or Die Trying by Lexusgs430: 12:49pm On Jul 09, 2020
pattern100:

Your views are great.... but do you Know that physical manifestation got its chance or approval from abstract/spritual unseen?
For instance, do you know that everything you have achieved are prior to your ABILITY that is in you. Those 'abilities' are carried by some unseen forces that you yourself cannot explain.
Some people want to be like you, but they can't because you are UNIQUE. There is something that makes you unique, it is divine not by physical strength.

My energy is physical...... My achievements are physical.........

I never pray, and all that I seek I get....... Physical energy...........
Re: Make Heaven Or Die Trying by pattern100(m): 3:06pm On Jul 09, 2020
Lexusgs430:

My energy is physical...... My achievements are physical.........

I never pray, and all that I seek I get....... Physical energy...........

Yes, you are right. You might not pray and yet you are still getting a good life with many achievements.
The question is, do you know WHO is praying for you?
Re: Make Heaven Or Die Trying by Kobojunkie: 1:08am On Jul 11, 2020
Toks2008:

Why are you going on and on justifying even what the Apostles faulted.

Galatians chapter 3.

13Did that which is good, then, become death to me? Certainly not! But in order that sin might be exposed as sin, it produced death in me through what was good, so that through the commandment sin might become utterly sinful.

14We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do. But what I hate, I do. 16And if I do what I do not want to do, I admit that the law is good. 17In that case, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

18I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my flesh; for I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19For I do not do the good I want to do. Instead, I keep on doing the evil I do not want to do. 20And if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21So this is the principle I have discovered: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22For in my inner being I delight in God’s law. 23But I see another law at work in my body, warring against the law of my mind and holding me captive to the law of sin that dwells within me.b

24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25Thanks be to God, through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, with my mind, I serve the law of God, but with my flesh, I serve the law of sin.

Now to cap it all and i will let you be...As believers, we are automatically above sins because the spirit of God dwells in us(Not because we can't fall into sins) But the laws of sin no longer apply to us.

Stop being hard on yourself. If a believer truly has the holy spirit, it will be extremely difficult to sin but not that the believer can not commit a sin.

Nowhere does the Bible say that a Christian in this life will ever be completely perfect—that is, free from all sin (1 John 1: 8 ).

As long as we are on this earth, we will always struggle against temptation and sin. That is one reason Jesus taught His disciples to pray (in The Lord’s Prayer), “Forgive us our sins … And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one” (Luke 11:4, Matthew 6:13).

Sometimes we sin by our actions; sometimes by our motives. Often we sin not because of what we do, but because of what we fail to do. For example, we fail to love or forgive others, or in other ways fail to do things we ought to do—and that is sin.

However, there are three important truths we need to repeat over and over to ourselves. First, just because we sin does not mean we are no longer God’s children. Our fellowship with God may be broken, but our relationship is not. Second, when we sin God stands ready to forgive us, and we need to turn to Him immediately.

“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9). Third, God wants to help us (through His Holy Spirit, who lives within every believer) to avoid sin in the future. “Live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature” (Galatians 5:16).

Thank God that you belong to Christ, and thank Him for His grace and forgiveness when you do sin—and for strength to overcome future temptation. “My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One” (1 John 2:1).

On this note, i will stop this pendulous discussion. Have a great day.
This is what the doctrines and teachings of men have done to so many .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do You Really Believe In Destiny? / The Fifth Kingdom(of God) In The Bible Prophecy Of The Book "DANIEL 2" Is Islam! / Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.