Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,769 members, 7,798,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

What I Found In My Daughter's Room When I Visited Her At School. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What I Found In My Daughter's Room When I Visited Her At School. (10828 Views)

My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened / Lady Shares Shocking Story Of A Man Who Visited Her Mum A Month After His Death / Mom's Racy Outfit To Host Son's 5th Birthday Party At School Sparks Criticism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Found In My Daughter's Room When I Visited Her At School. by kingeze88(m): 12:39pm On Jul 05, 2020
I Paid a Surprise Visit to My Daughter in School, But What I saw In Her Room Broke Me

We just moved down from River State to Lagos because my husband was transferred over to Lagos by his Boss to handle the branch in Lagos State. My husband said he would love to go with us because we were living in a rented apartment in River state, and he also wanted us to have a taste of the life in Lagos. However, I also wanted to protect my children from other children that could corrupt them in Lagos.

We sent them to a private school in Lagos and also ensured that we kept watch of the type of friends they kept. I had two children, a boy and a girl. The girl was the oldest, and she was just 14 when we moved to Lagos. She was one of the most intelligent students in her class, and she always won a lot of prices in school, I was so proud of her. My son on the other hand was struggling to have good grades, but I believed he was going to get better with his books because he was still very young.

3 years later my family had already acclimatized to the life in Lagos, and my daughter just gained admission to one of the most prestigious institutions in Lagos. I trusted her so much and was so sure that she was going to come out with distinctions from the University. Coupled with the fact that she was cool headed and religious, I believed I had nothing to fear.

She left for school and we kept in touch through calls and messages. We also chatted online from time to time, and I was aware about everything that was happening there in her school because I was her mother. Then she stopped replying my messages early, and always said she would call me back anytime I called. The only time she calls is when she needed money to buy some things in school. I talked to her about it and she said it was because she was so occupied with school activities.

This went on for some months and I knew she was stressing herself out. So, I and my husband bought a lot of food stuffs and beverages for her. I wanted to inform her about our impending visit, but my husband told me to make our visit a surprise, so I agreed. We left on Sunday after church by 3pm because the journey to her school wasn’t up to 2 hours and that is if there would be hold up. We got there late because of the hold up. We moved straight to the hostel where she stayed and walked down to her room.

When we got to the front of her door, we saw lots of girls’ slippers at the front of the room, but we didn’t think much of it because she had roommates. We pushed the door and what we saw shocked us. Our 17-year-old daughter was in bed with another girl both unclad, I was dumbfounded, I couldn’t believe my eyes.

I fell down and started crying uncontrollably and my husband just stood there in shock, I thought to myself “How did this happen, what got into our daughter, she was very calm and religious, why then did she do this”.

My daughter just looked at me and said she loved her girlfriend so much and didn’t care about what anyone thinks. My husband asked about the other girls in the room and she said they left so that she could have an alone time with her girlfriend, I was broken.

How did something like this happen in a school’s hostel with the knowledge of the other girls in the room, I was so confused.

Re: What I Found In My Daughter's Room When I Visited Her At School. by agbolahan1991(m): 12:44pm On Jul 05, 2020
U allowed that to happen..
When u noticed a change in her behavior like when n how she calls
How she request for money n so on...
A slight change in a person character means a lot....

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Found In My Daughter's Room When I Visited Her At School. by Legendforte: 12:49pm On Jul 05, 2020
Hmm very heartbreaking. Madam/sir she is still your daughter. Bring her back to modesty. Its a task but never relent.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Found In My Daughter's Room When I Visited Her At School. by longetivity(m): 12:49pm On Jul 05, 2020
foolish girl
Re: What I Found In My Daughter's Room When I Visited Her At School. by mymadam(m): 12:50pm On Jul 05, 2020
cry So, so sorry ma'am.
Re: What I Found In My Daughter's Room When I Visited Her At School. by MrLankeeee(m): 12:58pm On Jul 05, 2020
longetivity:
foolish girl

Yes, she’s very foolish wey boys full everywhere she Dey do girl... arrest her....

16 Likes

Re: What I Found In My Daughter's Room When I Visited Her At School. by Mace0lane: 1:01pm On Jul 05, 2020
Tales by moonlight.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Found In My Daughter's Room When I Visited Her At School. by donbachi(m): 1:03pm On Jul 05, 2020
What if she learnt it in rivers state,before coming to lagos..i dont know wat to say..e don be,be sey e don be...na heavenly intervention una need a dis moment.

2 Likes

Re: What I Found In My Daughter's Room When I Visited Her At School. by JOACHINpedro: 1:05pm On Jul 05, 2020
Lack of sex education cry

3 Likes

Re: What I Found In My Daughter's Room When I Visited Her At School. by dongalaxy(m): 1:06pm On Jul 05, 2020
Sorry for the experience ma, the society is becoming too corrupt to the extent that our efforts seems to be futile but with prayers, all our wishes and demands will be met. engage her in talks and pray fervently for her to be rescued. God will hear your cries.

2 Likes

Re: What I Found In My Daughter's Room When I Visited Her At School. by Drsnives(m): 1:13pm On Jul 05, 2020
if I tell you say I know watin to write now na lie I lie

3 Likes

Re: What I Found In My Daughter's Room When I Visited Her At School. by Makavelli25: 1:27pm On Jul 05, 2020
If it was a guy you met on the bed with her. Would there be any difference in how you feel now?

I need an honest answer please

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Found In My Daughter's Room When I Visited Her At School. by blazingblender(m): 1:47pm On Jul 05, 2020
17 yr old? hmmmmmmm dats all i cn say... wait i tink u made her hate boys

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Found In My Daughter's Room When I Visited Her At School. by Iamsane: 2:05pm On Jul 05, 2020
Makavelli25:
If it was a guy you met on the bed with her. Would there be any difference in how you feel now?

You don't need an answer. What you need is a thunderous slap.

10 Likes

Re: What I Found In My Daughter's Room When I Visited Her At School. by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 05, 2020
In other words, your daughter is a lesbian? Going by this thread's topic, I was honestly expecting a groundbreaking situation .

Have in mind that she didn't become a lesbian because of influence. She probably has been battling with this attraction the moment she hit puberty or earlier but had no one to confide in.

I understand that the rate of homophobia in Nigeria is high, but you can be her supporter and help her scale through life successfully.

We keep denying this, but the fact is that gays, bisexuals, and lesbians are more rampant than you know.

They are humans like us and there is nothing wrong with them.

Your brother could be one, your sister or friend. But due to discrimination, they live in hiding.

This is a challenge, for you to know more about her. Start researching about the LGBTQ+ community, and educate her about safe sex.

Prayers will not stop her from being a lesbian, neither will fasting nor any form of therapy. Doing these will depress her, even make her suicidal.

You know why?

It's like forcing a fish to walk.

No one will consciously choose a lifestyle that compels them to hide, to be disowned by family, or to be subjected to homophobia. No one will choose such a lifestyle.

But because it is beyond their control, they just can't help it.

She didn't become a lesbian, it has always been who she is. The question is, how could you miss the signs?

I am an ally of the LGBTQ+ community, and I've met numerous of them break down in tears in my presence.

If there is a button they could push to be straight, they would.

Don't hate, discriminate, or be disappointed. Love her, for that, is who she is.

In fact, apologize for not being very observant.

She lost her confidence in you, if not she would have come out to you years ago. She was afraid of your reaction!

I hope you and your husband acquires the wisdom needed to tackle this situation.

Happy Sunday kingeze88

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Found In My Daughter's Room When I Visited Her At School. by DreamyEyes: 2:21pm On Jul 05, 2020
HenryDion:
In other words, your daughter is a lesbian? Going by this thread's topic, I was honestly expecting a groundbreaking situation .

Have in mind that she didn't become a lesbian because of influence. She probably has been battling with this attraction the moment she hit puberty or earlier but had no one to confide in.

I understand that the rate of homophobia in Nigeria is high, but you can be her supporter and help her scale through life successfully.

We keep denying this, but the fact is that gays, bisexuals, and lesbians are more rampant than you know.

Your brother could be one, your sister or friend. But due to discrimination, they live in hiding.

This is a challenge, for you to know more about her. Start researching about the LGBTQ+ community, and educate her about safe sex.

Prayers will not stop her from being a lesbian, neither will fasting nor any form of therapy. Doing these will depress her, even make her suicidal.

You know why?

No one will consciously choose a lifestyle that compels them to hide, to be disowned by family, or to be subjected to homophobia. No one will choose such a lifestyle.

She didn't become a lesbian, it has always been who she is. The question is, how could you miss the signs?

I am an ally of the LGBTQ+ community, and I've met numerous of them break down in tears in my presence.

Don't hate, discriminate, or be disappointed. Love her, for that, is who she is.

She lost her confidence in you, if not she would have come out to you years ago. She was afraid of your reaction!

I hope you and your husband acquires the wisdom needed to tackle this situation.

Happy Sunday kingeze88
wanted to write something until I saw this write-up.. you've said all that needs to be said

The homophobic lot wouldn't still agree but this is the undiluted truth

5 Likes

Re: What I Found In My Daughter's Room When I Visited Her At School. by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 05, 2020
DreamyEyes:
wanted to write something until I saw this write-up.. you've said all that needs to be said

The homophobic lot wouldn't still agree but this is the undiluted truth

The best gift any queer person can get is support from family. This alone is enough to help them face the battle, even in the midst of homophobes.

Unfortunately, parents today are ready to disown their sons and daughters when they come out colored.

Where is the love? They are more concerned about what the society thinks.

It's sad, but it's well!

2 Likes

Re: What I Found In My Daughter's Room When I Visited Her At School. by merieam16(f): 2:35pm On Jul 05, 2020
superstory

4 Likes

Re: What I Found In My Daughter's Room When I Visited Her At School. by richesbhc(m): 2:50pm On Jul 05, 2020
Your daughter is a proud lesbian, you need to sit her down and talk to her mother to daughter

1 Like

Re: What I Found In My Daughter's Room When I Visited Her At School. by vanida6: 3:00pm On Jul 05, 2020
Unah daughter just dey enjoy her lesbian tinx angry if nah me enter dat room nd see den like dat nah hot slap i go give both of den wat nonsenses angry

4 Likes

Re: What I Found In My Daughter's Room When I Visited Her At School. by EricSmallz(m): 3:04pm On Jul 05, 2020
Would you had felt better if you met her with a boy unclad? If she is still doing excellently in her academic, then nothing has gone wrong.
She prefers to be with a girl, let her enjoy her life, that's her choice.
Just pray for her, if you try forcing things, I swear that young girl might commit suicide because her girlfriend caught her very young

2 Likes

Re: What I Found In My Daughter's Room When I Visited Her At School. by SmellingAnus(m): 3:08pm On Jul 05, 2020
Makavelli25:

it will be disappointing but if the average Nigerian parents were to make a choice, they will prefer their daughter was actually a Straight than a lesbian...

4 Likes

Re: What I Found In My Daughter's Room When I Visited Her At School. by definateli: 3:16pm On Jul 05, 2020
Being religious is irrelevant and most often pretence. Your daughter was already doing the lesbianism in secondary school. Just tell her to study hard and not derail from studies so she can become an independent adult soon

1 Like

Re: What I Found In My Daughter's Room When I Visited Her At School. by mu2sa2: 3:23pm On Jul 05, 2020
Boarding school in today's naija - forget it!

1 Like

Re: What I Found In My Daughter's Room When I Visited Her At School. by TheSourcerer: 3:23pm On Jul 05, 2020
HenryDion:

You know why?

Happy Sunday kingeze88
pretty much like serial killers , they have no choice than to comform to their biological make -- up

1 Like

Re: What I Found In My Daughter's Room When I Visited Her At School. by chii8(f): 3:35pm On Jul 05, 2020
Chaiii... inside life!!!!may our children not be a disgrace to our labour.
Re: What I Found In My Daughter's Room When I Visited Her At School. by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 05, 2020
merieam16:
superstory

Exactly. Tales by moonlight everywhere!

4 Likes

Re: What I Found In My Daughter's Room When I Visited Her At School. by DaInferno(m): 4:00pm On Jul 05, 2020
call b4 u visit grin
Re: What I Found In My Daughter's Room When I Visited Her At School. by Vengazi: 4:00pm On Jul 05, 2020
Sounds like the op is trying his hand at script writing

11 Likes

Re: What I Found In My Daughter's Room When I Visited Her At School. by ruggedtimi(m): 4:07pm On Jul 05, 2020
My daughter just looked at me and said she loved her girlfriend so much and didn’t care about what anyone thinks
this one shock me

So sad..

1 Like

Re: What I Found In My Daughter's Room When I Visited Her At School. by Ajibade123(m): 4:08pm On Jul 05, 2020
chii8:
Chaiii... inside life!!!!may our children not be a disgrace to our labour.
how is this particular child a disgrace to labour??
Re: What I Found In My Daughter's Room When I Visited Her At School. by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 05, 2020
TheSourcerer:
pretty much like serial killers , they have no choice than to comform to their biological make -- up

Serial killers HARM people. They inflict pain and sadness. How can a supposedly smart individual make this lame comparison? angry

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Brother And Sister Caught Pants Down On Tape / Health Benefit Of Quail Egg And Quail Meat. Gracious Seed Farm . / Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Having A Will?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.