Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You (1804 Views)

Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. / Most Of The Global Layoffs Have Been In Tech / Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by Tim1212(m): 1:27pm On Jul 05, 2020
Technology companies are always looking for experts or professionals to create softwares/programs that will be of benefit to the company.

Softwares that are capable of solving critical problems, to promote its services and to meet customers needs.

To get a job interview, you need to meet the following requirements.

1) Social media handle:
As a Junior developer or an expert in software industry, having a social media handle helps to build up profiles. Build a strong profile gives you more advantage in job interview.

You can setup LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook page where you will build followers, upload your skills and engage your audience with high quality content.

2) Portfolios:

Strong portfolios is an inevitable tools to secure a high paid job. Always upload your works for others to view.

Larry Tesla created a strong portfolios that gained him advantage in most giant tech companies in US. He created "copy and paste" program.

3) Freelancer duty:
I have always involve in freelance at a very low cost or no cost, just to show my skills or create Portfolio.

Create programs for clients for free will attract more clients in the future. But don't over do it.
Involve in contributing your skills to other developers in creating softwares or projects.

4) Teach or Develop others:

I train Junior developers, newbies and novices in programming. I sometimes train them for no cost or very low cost. Just to assist them become their best.

By so doing, you are building community and followers. Strong followers are your greatest asset in securing high quality job.

5) Create Free Softwares:

Most developers creates software and make it free for others to use or reuse.
Some could be Javascript libraries, CSS libraries etc..

This is the most valuable asset you can think of. You can create extensions, plugins or add-on. Make it free for download, you could increase in popularity.

6) Donate your skills for Free:

I donate my skills as a community service to assist business owners, startups and SMEs to grow.

I go as far to create softwares, do SEO and help them with professional advice for free.

Most clients don't have money to pay you for your services.
By so doing, some companies may decide to donate funds to you for a job well done.

7) Aquire Github, Codepen skills:

Having github and codepen account will help, when you intend to show your source code to clients.

Source code will give you more advantage in job interview.

cool Don't be after Money:

Most popular developers are not after money, but after popularity and influence.

Consider your value more than the money. Create frameworks, libraries, web technology and make it free.
Just to gain popularity and command influence in your industry.

9) Seek for Donation.

Most developers creates free softwares, host training for developers, create libraries for Free and seek for Donations.

Your skills cannot be quantified by monetary value. So seek for donations for some of your services.
You never can tell someone can pay you more than how much you charge for a job.

10) Operate from low cost.
Most developers in diaspora operate from their village/home. Living in a high cost environment may affect you getting paid clients. Internet have made business could run anywhere.

I will recommend you work from home. So you can handle clients with low pay.

Please let me know if this helps. Share to reach more

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by Tim1212(m): 1:44pm On Jul 05, 2020
I will donate funds to assist small businesses in Nigeria to invest the funds in SEO and ICT.

I will sponsor 5 Newbies in programming to learn UI/UX, software design, mobile application design and OS design.

As my community service to my country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by utepu: 1:46pm On Jul 05, 2020
Wonderful tips here. Many thanks for this.
vote author=Tim1212 post=91402406]Technology companies are always looking for experts or professionals to create softwares/programs that will be of benefit to the company.

Softwares that are capable of solving critical problems, to promote its services and to meet customers needs.

To get a job interview, you need to meet the following requirements.

1) Social media handle:
As a Junior developer or an expert in software industry, having a social media handle helps to build up profiles. Build a strong profile gives you more advantage in job interview.

You can setup LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook page where you will build followers, upload your skills and engage your audience with high quality content.

2) Portfolios:

Strong portfolios is an inevitable tools to secure a high paid job. Always upload your works for others to view.

Larry Tesla created a strong portfolios that gained him advantage in most giant tech companies in US. He created "copy and paste" program.

3) Freelancer duty:
I have always involve in freelance at a very low cost or no cost, just to show my skills or create Portfolio.

Create programs for clients for free will attract more clients in the future. But don't over do it.
Involve in contributing your skills to other developers in creating softwares or projects.

4) Teach or Develop others:

I train Junior developers, newbies and novices in programming. I sometimes train them for no cost or very low cost. Just to assist them become their best.

By so doing, you are building community and followers. Strong followers are your greatest asset in securing high quality job.

5) Create Free Softwares:

Most developers creates software and make it free for others to use or reuse.
Some could be Javascript libraries, CSS libraries etc..

This is the most valuable asset you can think of. You can create extensions, plugins or add-on. Make it free for download, you could increase in popularity.

6) Donate your skills for Free:

I donate my skills as a community service to assist business owners, startups and SMEs to grow.

I go as far to create softwares, do SEO and help them with professional advice for free.

Most clients don't have money to pay you for your services.
By so doing, some companies may decide to donate funds to you for a job well done.

7) Aquire Github, Codepen skills:

Having github and codepen account will help, when you intend to show your source code to clients.

Source code will give you more advantage in job interview.

cool Don't be after Money:

Most popular developers are not after money, but after popularity and influence.

Consider your value more than the money. Create frameworks, libraries, web technology and make it free.
Just to gain popularity and command influence in your industry.

9) Seek for Donation.

Most developers creates free softwares, host training for developers, create libraries for Free and seek for Donations.

Your skills cannot be quantified by monetary value. So seek for donations for some of your services.
You never can tell someone can pay you more than how much you charge for a job.

10) Operate from low cost.
Most developers in diaspora operate from their village/home. Living in a high cost environment may affect you getting paid clients. Internet have made business could run anywhere.

I will recommend you work from home. So you can handle clients with low pay.

Please let me know if this helps. Share to reach more
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by soleexx(m): 3:20pm On Jul 05, 2020
Tim1212:
I will donate funds to assist small businesses in Nigeria to invest the funds in SEO and ICT.

I will sponsor 5 Newbies in programming to learn UI/UX, software design, mobile application design and OS design.

Tim, if you in lagos, I will like to work with you.. I'm a frontEnd Web Developer

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:52pm On Jul 05, 2020
This is rubbish. No mention of data structures and algorithms. How do you scale the interview tests. Big companies in Europe, America and the USA have a code test. Your portfolio gets you to that code tests but scaling the interviews requires knowledge in data structures and algorithms.

You will never get a job in a big tech company without knowing data structures and algorithms very well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by Tim1212(m): 6:39pm On Jul 05, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
This is rubbish. No mention of data structures and algorithms. How do you scale the interview tests. Big companies in Europe, America and the USA have a code test. Your portfolio gets you to that code tests but scaling the interviews requires knowledge in data structures and algorithms.

You will never get a job in a big tech company without knowing data structures and algorithms very well.

Every developers should know data structure and algorithm.
You can't create quality softwares without it.. your portfolio will prove that.

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:41pm On Jul 05, 2020
Tim1212:

Every developers should know data structure and algorithm.
You can't create quality softwares with it.. your portfolio will prove that.
It's difficult to create efficient software without knowledge of data structures and algorithms especially if you are building something for millions of users. Its extremely impossible to scale badly written code. That's why big companies test for them.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by Tim1212(m): 6:46pm On Jul 05, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

It's difficult to create efficient software without knowledge of data structures and algorithms especially if you are building something for millions of users. Its extremely impossible to scale badly written code. That's why big companies test for them.

I totally agree with you.. for someone writing C++ programs must have knowledge of data structure and algorithm.

I have never written code without it
Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by Tim1212(m): 6:58pm On Jul 05, 2020
soleexx:

Tim, if you in lagos, I will like to work with you.. I'm a frontEnd Web Developer

Sure am in Lagos. Send me an email tim@diib.com
Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by Tim1212(m): 8:23pm On Jul 05, 2020
You are free to share some resources that would help land developers to get high paid job in Tech companies.
Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by ThaRealist: 11:23pm On Jul 05, 2020
Tim1212:

very thoughtful of you sir and it's much appreciated ..

how can I be a recipient of this goodwill offer ?

I look forward to your feedback �

Kind regards,
ThaRealist
Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by Tim1212(m): 6:10am On Jul 06, 2020
I will personally donate NGN240, 000 a scholarship fund to 5 individual for 12 months, to learn software design, mobile application design, software architecture, UI/UX, OS design and web design @ diib Academy.

Also will pledge NGN 100 000 investment fund to 5 Startup, SMEs, for 6 months. To support small businesses to invest the funds in SEO and ICT through diib Nigeria.

The white people do this to support Startup, SMEs and small businesses to grow faster. Many Tech company's CEO in US donate funds to assist business owners. Some companies make their quality services free because of the pandemic, to protect their small businesses.

I will do the same in my country in my own capacity. I encourage others to do the same.
Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by Emmyloyalty: 6:45am On Jul 06, 2020
Tim1212:
I will personally donate NGN240, 000 a scholarship fund to 5 individual for 12 months, to learn software design, mobile application design, software architecture, UI/UX, OS design and web design @ diib Academy.

Also will pledge NGN 100 000 investment fund to 5 Startup, SMEs, for 6 months. To support small businesses to invest the funds in SEO and ICT through diib Nigeria.

The white people do this to support Startup, SMEs and small businesses to grow faster. Many Tech company's CEO in US donate funds to assist business owners. Some companies make their quality services free because of the pandemic, to protect their small businesses.

I will do the same in my country in my own capacity. I encourage others to do the same.

You never spoke about my call-up letter again.

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by gbolly1151(m): 9:09am On Jul 06, 2020
Tim1212:

I interested in software development (Blockchain Field) and currently building a Blockchain software using python just to learn.... Help a desperate and passionate python programmer

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by Tim1212(m): 3:04pm On Jul 06, 2020
Emmyloyalty:

You never spoke about my call-up letter again.

So sorry, I receive bunch of mail per day... I will do that next week ..
Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by Tim1212(m): 3:05pm On Jul 06, 2020
gbolly1151:

I interested in software development (Blockchain Field) and currently building a Blockchain software using python just to learn.... Help a desperate and passionate python programmer

Noted
Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by Tim1212(m): 3:20pm On Jul 06, 2020
ThaRealist:

very thoughtful of you sir and it's much appreciated ..

how can I be a recipient of this goodwill offer ?

I look forward to your feedback �

Kind regards,
ThaRealist

Please kindly indicate your interest.. Do you want to learn or do you have a business?
Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by ThaRealist: 4:26pm On Jul 06, 2020
Tim1212:

Please kindly indicate your interest.. Do you want to learn or do you have a business?

I want to learn sir ... Ui/Ux..

thank you �
Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by Topzeeonly(m): 6:40pm On Jul 06, 2020
I'm actually a newbie and I want to learn JavaScript.

I'll badly benefit from this. Help build a dream.

I hope I'm not too late �

cc: Tim1212

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by Tim1212(m): 7:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
Topzeeonly:
I'm actually a newbie and I want to learn JavaScript.

I'll badly benefit from this. Help build a dream.

I hope I'm not too late �

cc: Tim1212

Sure just send a mail tim@diib.com
Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by Tim1212(m): 7:35pm On Jul 06, 2020
ThaRealist:

I want to learn sir ... Ui/Ux..

thank you �

That's good.. send me a mail tim@diib.com
Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by Tim1212(m): 8:02am On Jul 08, 2020
I would love to see Nigerians develop software that will serve the world..
Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by ThaRealist: 3:20pm On Jul 08, 2020
Tim1212:

That's good.. send me a mail tim@diib.com

Good day , I have sent a mail , kindly check ... thank you

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by TechCapon(m): 5:22pm On Jul 08, 2020
Tim1212:

I want to learn. In fact I've started learning and would like to learn more

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by Tim1212(m): 9:27pm On Jul 08, 2020
TechCapon:
I want to learn. In fact I've started learning and would like to learn more

Alright, join diib Academy group www./976777986112181/
Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 09, 2020
Tim1212:

Noted
all I need is just a laptop,thats all sir. please help me
Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 5:29pm On Jul 09, 2020
I have knowledge of Java and PHP, and can create Android Apps...

But the problem I am facing as regards programming is laptop.

Ever since I have been using my phone for programming, even though programming on phone comes with its limitations.

On a positive note I am utilizing this lockdown period to do menial jobs in order save up money and get a laptop of at least 4gb RAM inorder to freelance as an android developer.
Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by Tim1212(m): 8:20pm On Jul 09, 2020
ANTONINEUTRON:
I have knowledge of Java and PHP, and can create Android Apps...

But the problem I am facing as regards programming is laptop.

Ever since I have been using my phone for programming, even though programming on phone comes with its limitations.

On a positive note I am utilizing this lockdown period to do menial jobs in order save up money and get a laptop of at least 4gb RAM inorder to freelance as an android developer.

Noted
Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by Tim1212(m): 8:22pm On Jul 09, 2020
Heartlessbanker:
all I need is just a laptop,thats all sir. please help me

Alright, that's noted.
Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by Tim1212(m): 6:04am On Jul 10, 2020
Virtual design is the most important aspect of a website, softwares and mobile application, which makes HTML5/CSS3 a highly demanded skills in tech companies today.

HTML5/CSS3 alone can land you a high paid job in tech companies.

Focus more on UI/UX with HTML5/CSS3, you will always have clients to work for.

HTML5/CSS3 is the most important programming language in tech industry. So learn the basics, advance and become an expert in it.
Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by Tim1212(m): 9:24am On Jul 11, 2020
Learning programming is not all about writing programs. It's more of research and development with creativity and innovation.

Learn the purpose behind concept. I would love to see Nigeria developers contributes to
Javascript foundation, HTML foundation and CSS foundation. Developing and designing HTML codes, CSS codes and Javascript codes.

That is when you will realise that HTML codes are programming language. When you come to the point of creating your own HTML tags.

You would be giving instructions to web browser rendering engine, it could be webkit, -ms- or -moz- rendering engine.

World Wide Web Consortium is waiting for our contribution, let's make Africa proud by contributing to the world with our creativity.

How many developers in Africa creates HTML tags, CSS properties and values, none. Why, because we don't make research and development. We depends on existing research, believing one concept and making unnecessary arguments.

I will guide you in this journey of research and development in Nigeria.
Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 12, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

The probability of getting a job in a big tech company with an employee base of 10,000 is very very low...

Most company that employs remote worker are under 100 employees... So they just need someone good with logic, contribution skills and good unit testing kill set...

Just my lil contribution tho.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apply For IT Jobs In The USA (remote Only) / I Am An Application Penetration Tester/ethical Hacker / C# Web Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.