Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,028 members, 7,807,043 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Road Rage: Share Your Experience - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Road Rage: Share Your Experience (17706 Views)

Buying My First Car, Please Share Your Experience / Who Has Used An Oil Catch Can Before And What Is Your Experience ? (Pics) / Which Car Is Better For That Price Rage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by Johnrayban: 2:59am On Jul 08, 2020
Samsung004:
Well I have my speed limit to be 60km/hr, because am sane. But you see sometimes / most times people tend to forget that Toyota Camry is a beast.
While this Honda EoD was driving recklessly in my front busy forming levels which i can't comprehend, I was driving a Toyota Camry 1999 edition sport 3.0L I had just 5-7secs to do the damage which i maximize because I'm too calculative while driving. As he was driving and braking with ease all the way from tipper garage till around san rab side.. I saw the little gap I needed just i front of me I was moving at around 40-50km/hr.. the moment i saw the space .. I moved D2 with my over drive activated EOD was shocked. I maintained and controlled his braking till he cuff off the road.

wink tanke oke odo
Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by iomoge2(f): 3:33am On Jul 08, 2020
banky3w:

Can the 2001 Camry do 180km/hr sir? If yes, what if the Prado driver don’t want to do more than 160km/hr? Will I be a match in my 2001 Camry if this is the case? Besides, the Camry was in a good condition as it was just brought in Toks
exactly.
Smaller cars to me are better with speed.
When I was using a coupe, I just needed to think it and I will be there. Very fast.
Now with an SUV, i feel restrained. Just 100 and it feels like i am flying, where as with a coupe, 120 to 140 and it feels normal.

2 Likes

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 4:11am On Jul 08, 2020
I was engaged in one earlier today, I was in a race with this dude and I found myself doing 100mph (160.9kmh). I dusted him though but after a couple of minutes, I had to advise myself that it didn't worth it. I slowed down and allowed him to pass me! Say No to road rage guys, it doesn't always end well.

5 Likes

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by swagguElite(m): 5:55am On Jul 08, 2020
banky3w:
I shared this on nairaland sometimes ago.
Mine was around Oct 2015 along Lokoja-Abuja expressway. Was going to Kaduna with a tokunbo 2001 camry from Lagos. I drive very fast and safely.

I saw this lone flashy Prado with Niger state government house number plate and tried dusting the car as the driver seems not official..... Casually dressed....... The guy saw me from his high place in the Jeep and started matching my speed we were side-by-side when we got to a town along the road with rampant motorcyclists.

I was on the speed lane and he was on the other side when I saw that a motorcyclist was on his lane ahead and thought I will lose him when he brakes but to my horror, the guy started navigating into my lane while pushing me into the little side space before the road separator with my horn blazing and my brakes crunching on the road. I was so close to having an accident that day, my mirror even scratched the separator. I was scared shitless but this fear transformed into raw fury immediately and after escaping this ordeal, I gunned the engine and overtook the Jeep to get in front and sped forward with him in hot pursuit to meet another car on his lane(all this while I was watching my rear view mirror) and he switched to my lane. Not minding what will happen to my rear, I took this moment to have my sweet revenge by slamming real hard on my brakes with both legs(something I never did before).

I watched him swerve madly behind both cars and almost running off the road with his brakes screeching and navigating to the sidewalk. I really thought the Jeep would roll over and thankfully, we were clear of where the motorcyclists were plenty or else he would have killed people that day.

I resumed my drive while the guy fell behind and I never saw him again till I got home in kaduna. In all my years of driving, I've never been more scared of my any incident both the one done to me or the one I did. I satisfied my rage notwithstanding.

"I gunned the engine" - Damnnn Dude. Respect.
Pinpoint description and Action packed words scribbled to peel the exact scenes n feel the fury. Very Fascinating. You gunned my engine too as I was blazing thru your post with no brakes, screeching n navigating furiously as I swerve madly to the sidewalk avoiding the motorcyclists - just to tell you grin that yuar too gud.

5 Likes

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by thonyokun(m): 6:23am On Jul 08, 2020
uncountable....

1 Like

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by dazzlingd(m): 6:39am On Jul 08, 2020
grin some people really get pissed off when u try to overtake them on the road like u smashed their ego
Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by Oyejunior: 6:41am On Jul 08, 2020
banky3w:
As I do remember too ( don’t know if this counts as road rage sha). In a hold up in town, one guy was trying to prove being a smart driver by pulling his very neat Honda civic hatchback (Hausa boys likes keeping their small cars extremely neat in and out, like it was a cult or something back then) into the little space by my side trying to force me to give way for him. [Unknowing to him, it was that same day I had paid for panelbeating and painting of my car as my guys do borrow my car a lot those days and the car is becoming too rough for my liking due to the scratches on the car and I had was driving the car home because I hate the level of discomfort in public transport so the panelbeater can come pick up the car the following day]. I knew I was supposed to stop for the guy but he just threw his face the other way feigning ignorance as if he didn’t do anything, I refused to give up my space and I felt it immediately our cars touched and he looked at me, I just threw my face the other side too and scratched the whole length of his car for the few meters I had space in front of me while grinning ear to ear grin grin. The guy jumped out of his car very surprised to survey the damage while saying ’Guy nawa oh, you for give me chance naa’. I just throwey face. I hate people who claim like say na them smart pass.
Lmao... Wicked somebody��
Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 08, 2020
uboma:

With your Toyota Camry 2001 model, you were no match with the Toyota Prado Jeep.

While on the road, it is safety first for me.

Funny he was more than his match until the Prado tried to run him off the road, they were just drag racing & it wasn't a death match.

The prado truck can't do the same stunts as a camry because of its much higher centre of gravity it would simply roll over. The only thing the prado had on him was weight/size

2 Likes

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by soleexx(m): 8:51am On Jul 08, 2020
Road rage, car racing is not worth it
Damage mummcy 09 corolla for that reason....
Thank God for life
Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by 9icetoo(m): 9:07am On Jul 08, 2020
Quite a few people here have been describing their road racing antics.
That's totally different from road rage.

Road rage is simply anger at what another road user has done and an action you took.

Racing is different.

Both are dangerous.

2 Likes

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:28am On Jul 08, 2020
Mine was around Benin - Ore road.
The road is great, my car is fast so whenever I'm on that road, I'm always blazing... This particular day a Peugeot was matching my speed, I decided to play his little game by slowing down for him to catch up with me then I'll increase my speed again.
Sometimes I'll slow down for him to overtake me then once he is ahead, I go back to 140km/hr and I'm ahead again.
The road is very wide so I don't have to cross infont of him every time I overtake him, I just maintained my lane while he was on the other lane which will probably still contain two more cars.

Maybe he got tired, maybe he got angry, I don't know but all I know is at a point when I wanted to overtake him, he suddenly crossed to my lane and tried to block me. I almost hit him from behind and I had to march my brake so sharply that my head almost slammed against my steering. It would have if I wasn't using my seatbelt.
Then I got angry, I was tired of the game anyway so I sped up and was far ahead. Just as we were approaching the soldier checkpoint before Benin, I was about a few sec to the checkpoint so I reduced my speed, before I know what was happening, he ran into me from behind.
I was so livid! I got down and wanted to slap him a few times then I stopped! She's a woman!

The soldiers at the checkpoint came over, asked us to park well then called the FRSC just ahead of us.
She started shouting that I started it by making fun of her car speed. The frsc official said 'madam you hit him from behind!, the moment you hit someone from behind, you're at fault! As long as his brake lights are working.
They asked me to get in my car and march my brake which I did and luckily my brake lights are all intact.

Long story short, we argued back and forth and the FRSC concluded that she was at fault, they asked if I want to be compensated but I rejected it. Her car was badly damaged anyway, Her bumper actually fell off while mine miraculously only had a few scratches here and there with a side of my bumper bent inward.

The funny part about this is, we met at Benin again and even though I was kind enough to refuse any form of compensation, she was still raining insults on me. She said I marched brake cuz I knew she was coming.
Come on, we were at the checkpoint! Will I run soldiers over?

8 Likes

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by AmuDimpka: 11:13am On Jul 08, 2020
I read here and I laugh... The problem is that many don't know the capacity of their cars and they just race to their deaths

How can you be racing with a Prado? That is stupidity! The car isn't designed for it! The grip and handling isn't there ! For heaven sake it's an SUV ! Many SUV aren't meant for speed ... Prado, Xterra and lancruiser with GL 450 Benz are high SUV... It's risky

How can you use your corrola a 4 cylinders car to race a BMW 3 series with refined suspension or C Class AMG ? It's wrong.

Road rage is wrong. I don't do more than 120k/h on a high way especially Benin Asaba way ! Why race!

Also we must know our engine capacities and brake types !

Please stop road rage... I can't try that either

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by Starboytwo(m): 11:14am On Jul 08, 2020
Kelvin30286063:
Mine was around Benin - Ore road.
The road is great, my car is fast so whenever I'm on that road, I'm always blazing... This particular day a Peugeot was matching my speed, I decided to play his little game by slowing down for him to catch up with me then I'll increase my speed again.
Sometimes I'll slow down for him to overtake me then once he is ahead, I go back to 140km/hr and I'm ahead again.
The road was very wide so I don't have to cross infont of him every time I overtake him, I just maintained my lane while he was on the other lane which will probably still contain two more cars.

Maybe he got tired, maybe he got angry, I don't know but all I know is at a point when I wanted to overtake him, he suddenly crossed to my lane and tried to block me. I almost hit him from behind and I had to march my brake so sharply that my head almost slammed against my steering. It would have if I wasn't using my seatbelt.
Then I got angry, I was tired of the game anyway so I sped up and was far ahead. Just as we were approaching the soldier checkpoint before Benin, I was about a few sec to the checkpoint so I reduced my speed, before I know what was happening, he ran into me from behind.
I was so livid! I got down and wanted to slap him a few times then I stopped! She's a woman!

The soldiers at the checkpoint came over, asked us to park well then called the FRSC just ahead of us.
She started shouting that I started it by making fun of her car speed. The frsc official said 'madam you hit him from behind!, the moment you hit someone from behind, you're at fault! As long as his brake lights are working.
They asked me to get in my car and march my brake which I did and luckily my brake lights are all intact.

Long story short, we argued back and forth and the FRSC concluded that she was at fault, they asked if I want to be compensated but I rejected it. Her car was badly damaged anyway, Her bumper actually fell off while mine miraculously only had a few scratches here and there with a side of my bumper bent inward.

The funny part about this is, we met at Benin again and even though I was kind enough to refuse any form of compensation, she was still raining insults on me. She said I marched brake cuz I knew she was coming.
Come on, we were at the checkpoint! Will I run soldiers over?
this is sounding like a love story already, baba just collect her number

1 Like

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by Haywhymido(m): 11:53am On Jul 08, 2020
Starboytwo:
love story na through that the girl go take bill him indirectly for the damages on her car.

2 Likes

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by banky3w(m): 11:58am On Jul 08, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

That's what happens to any Cartalk thread moved to the front page. Ruined.
I tell you bro! I never knew it was moved to FP, I was seeing some traffic in the thread last night and unfamiliar monikers........ It should have been a dead giveaway but I wasn’t even paying attention.

1 Like

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:00pm On Jul 08, 2020
banky3w:

I tell you bro! I never knew it was moved to FP, I was seeing some traffic in the thread last night and unfamiliar monikers........ It should have been a dead giveaway but I wasn’t even paying attention.

No idea why mods keep doing it.
Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:42pm On Jul 08, 2020
Starboytwo:
No love lost, no love found. She's way older than me. She should be in her 50s while I was only 30

1 Like

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by ableguy(m): 12:55pm On Jul 08, 2020
uboma:

With your Toyota Camry 2001 model, you were no match with the Toyota Prado Jeep.

While on the road, it is safety first for me.
Why?
Is Prado SUV an airplane?
Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by ableguy(m): 1:03pm On Jul 08, 2020
banky3w:

Can the 2001 Camry do 180km/hr sir? If yes, what if the Prado driver don’t want to do more than 160km/hr? Will I be a match in my 2001 Camry if this is the case? Besides, the Camry was in a good condition as it was just brought in Toks
What he don't even know is if all things being equal cars have edge when it comes to racing, SUVs have higher chances of rolling over.
I am sure that prado speed won't exceed 180/200.
But Camry is 220

1 Like

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by ableguy(m): 1:28pm On Jul 08, 2020
foolbuster:

Unless you know what trims both vehicles are. You are very wrong.

If his camry was the v6 trim and the prado was the 2.7Litre 4 cylinder(which is what most nigerians own). The pencil light will dust that prado oga.
Lol, to most Nigerians the bigger the car the bigger the speed

2 Likes

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by ableguy(m): 1:41pm On Jul 08, 2020
AmuDimpka:
I read here and I laugh... The problem is that many don't know the capacity of their cars and they just race to their deaths

How can you be racing with a Prado? That is stupidity! The car isn't designed for it! The grip and handling isn't there ! For heaven sake it's an SUV ! Many SUV aren't meant for speed ... Prado, Xterra and lancruiser with GL 450 Benz are high SUV... It's risky

How can you use your corrola a 4 cylinders car to race a BMW 3 series with refined suspension or C Class AMG ? It's wrong.

Road rage is wrong. I don't do more than 120k/h on a high way especially Benin Asaba way ! Why race!

Also we must know our engine capacities and brake types !

Please stop road rage... I can't try that either
True
Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by shogsman(m): 2:46pm On Jul 08, 2020
Would have said something if it wasn't going to implicate me,road rage is even worse in places like UK and US with good roads,there are a lot of lunatics on the wheel.a guy once brushed my back mirror and had the guts to show me his middle finger before hightailing it across the freeway,it took me a couple seconds to realize it was a race thing cos the guy was obviously white,I was alone in the car and also a very experienced driver too having lived in lagos and Ibadan for years so I had nothing to lose,I sped and caught up with him waited till our path was cleared and did a pit stop maneuver on the fool.

1 Like

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by omosefeeguaibor(f): 3:52pm On Jul 08, 2020
My experience will be the one i witnessed, Dad was the
one behind the wheel and I sat beside him (passenger's side) dude was driving me to school that morning when of a sudden another car tried to enter his lane, and in the process almost bashed his car.

lol dad would have none of it, and decided to track the car when he succeeded, he was on the other lane he lowered the side of my window and spat at the driver ewwwwww better spit ooo, and when the driver wanted to retaliate, I sharply lifted my side mirror and the spit was sliding down my side like okro, dad and I was laughing at the guy, this all happened when we stopped at a traffic light spot. It's an experience I can never forget.

2 Likes

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by Emmzy201(m): 7:26pm On Jul 08, 2020
uboma:

My cars are very dear to me.....

Bless me with a baby car sir embarassed cry
Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by AmuDimpka: 8:08am On Jul 09, 2020
ableguy:

True

It's really crazy! There was a day i was driving to East... There was this Mazda tribute that want to race... I laughed I mean the Mazda is 4 cylinders and you want to race with a 6 cylinders car with 12 plugs that's madness.. I looked at him and laughed.

Just like trying to use Corolla to race an eClass or Lexus ES 350... These are v6 eengine

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by foolbuster: 5:07pm On Jul 09, 2020
ableguy:

Lol, to most Nigerians the bigger the car the bigger the speed

You are very right grin

1 Like

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by onuku: 10:17pm On Jul 10, 2020
Kai, 120 / 140? Na die ooo

nkemdi89:
I do that anytime time I am at airport road or kubwa expressway, I am trying to maintain my 120 , 140 speed someone is driving at 80 , the moment you overtake them , that is when they will remember to speed , I will surely overtake you.
Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by larrypourl(m): 3:50pm On Jul 18, 2020
pocohantas:
I once chased a man for endangering my life while answering calls and driving. He was just looking at me, startled. I guess he was lost in thoughts. Problem wey dey this Nigeria plenty abeg. Some people dey drive reach house and they don’t even know how they got home safely.

I noticed guys are fond of unsolicited racing. Once I notice anyone trying to do that nonsense with me- I apply my brake and tell you to go.

Exactly what I do. I'll slow down and let you go. My aim is to arrive at my destination in peace.

3 Likes

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by Ogeneigbo1: 6:57pm On Jul 18, 2020
Yeah!
This one happened this morning by Aso Savings Junction Kubwa Abuja.

I was heading towards Zenith Bank , Suddenly, I looked by my right side mirror ,a corolla trying to over take me from the right.
A very narrow escape,almost brushed my car.

I was wondering what could be happening,all the Keke Napep were struggling to give the corolla chance,the road was too narrow for the corolla.

I said NO , there's going to be a disaster,I applied brake ,the Keke Napep gave her way, she zoomed off.i looked, it was a woman.

She gave me the middle finger..I was amazed, what!

I saw a little space between her and another car in front,one spirit said to me that is it..your time .

Another spirit said, Nooo it's not worth it.
I was very angry and same time confused..

Never met this woman before the incident,didn't even notice her corolla on my way until the incident.
All the Keke Napep drivers went after her and she was like laughing..

I shoke my head and drove away.

1 Like

Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by blank(f): 1:10am On Jul 23, 2020
Ogeneigbo1:
Yeah!
This one happened this morning by Aso Savings Junction Kubwa Abuja.

I was heading towards Zenith Bank , Suddenly, I looked by my right side mirror ,a corolla trying to over take me from the right.
A very narrow escape,almost brushed my car.

I was wondering what could be happening,all the Keke Napep were struggling to give the corolla chance,the road was too narrow for the corolla.

I said NO , there's going to be a disaster,I applied brake ,the Keke Napep gave her way, she zoomed off.i looked, it was a woman.

She gave me the middle finger..I was amazed, what!

I saw a little space between her and another car in front,one spirit said to me that is it..your time .

Another spirit said, Nooo it's not worth it.
I was very angry and same time confused..

Never met this woman before the incident,didn't even notice her corolla on my way until the incident.
All the Keke Napep drivers went after her and she was like laughing..

I shoke my head and drove away.

If not that I have never driven in Kubwa, I would have said that young lady could have been me over 10 years ago. Road rage is a bad thing.
Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by Ogeneigbo1: 5:48am On Jul 23, 2020
blank:

If not that I have never driven in Kubwa, I would have said that young lady could have been me over 10 years ago. Road rage is a bad thing.

grin...Road rage is not worth it.Any body that has been involved in a Man made accident will surely know it's not worth it.
Re: Road Rage: Share Your Experience by alphaNomega: 6:18am On Jul 23, 2020
Samsung004:
Well I have my speed limit to be 60km/hr, because am sane. But you see sometimes / most times people tend to forget that Toyota Camry is a beast.
While this Honda EoD was driving recklessly in my front busy forming levels which i can't comprehend, I was driving a Toyota Camry 1999 edition sport 3.0L I had just 5-7secs to do the damage which i maximize because I'm too calculative while driving. As he was driving and braking with ease all the way from tipper garage till around san rab side.. I saw the little gap I needed just i front of me I was moving at around 40-50km/hr.. the moment i saw the space .. I moved D2 with my over drive activated EOD was shocked. I maintained and controlled his braking till he cuff off the road.

'99 Camry a beast? Lol. Seun come and see o grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Would You Advise Me To Get A Nissan And Which One Please? / Tax Removal: Agents Project 15% Rise In Car Import / Dangote Sinotruk Rolls Out Trucks, Targets Local, Ecowas Markets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.