Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? (2030 Views)

Bride Asked God To Walk Her Down The Aisle On Her Wedding Day & God Did / Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" / Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 05, 2020
Happy Sunday everyone!

So my question is for the atheists, have you asked God to prove He exists and you didn't get a reply? Because I once did and got the images below. I won't say I was involved in an accident. Those pictures below, you see the pressed side where the arrow points, that's where I was sitting.

I remember that day I was going back home after going to check a house outside the state where I lived.

I was looking outside, enjoying the natural breeze, the trees, vegetation, and all. I asked myself, what if this is just nature, and there's truly no God as these atheists say.

Then I prayed a small prayer, "God, show me you truly exist." And in less than two minutes, the accident occurred.

God was telling me "If I wish, I could take your life, but I can use the smallest of things to preserve it." And truly, God has preserved my life in ways you can never imagine.

In that "accident" I was the only one with shattered glass all over my body. The funny thing was a man sitting close to me and his baby didn't even get a single glass on them. I was the only one screaming at the driver to open the door so we can get down.

Everyone was telling me to calm down and thank God for saving our lives, but that was because they were not sitting on glasses or had their body covered with them.

My opened bag was filled with glass. I struggled to get it out because it was where the bus compressed. While I was struggling with it, other passengers had come down and were looking for another bus or car they could continue their journey with.

When I finally pulled out the bag, immediately I came down from the bus, I saw a truck. I flagged it down, and it stopped. One of the persons inside actually came down to help me with my bags. They didn't pick anyone else.

Some passengers were asking if I knew them because of the manner they stopped and refused to pick anyone but me was strange.

But you see, God was telling me, "I will make a way for you where there seems no way."

I stand in awe of my God. You don't know what you're missing out not being under His grace.

I will continue the story of what happened in the truck below.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 05, 2020
I got into the truck. There were two guys, the driver and probably his co. Then that earthly nature came to me. You know, when something seems too good to be true, you start doubting. I was like, what if these guys (who were looking rough) just picked me so they can drive to one corner and rape or kidnap me.

When they brought out weed to smoke, in my mind I said, it is finished.

But I didn't let fear take over me. I decided to strike a conversation with them.

"Why are you guys smoking, " I asked smiling. Then I quickly added, "I asked because I've smoked this thing before, and I didn't find it enjoyable.

That was when they laughed. They agreed with me it wasn't but according to them it helps them with their job, keeps them alert, and makes them not feel bored.

I tried suggesting other ways they could do that without using weed because driving under influence is not a good thing.

In the end, it was a pleasurable journey where we discussed lots of things and they dropped me at the closest bus stop to my home.

God has not given you the spirit of fear. God dislikes the fearful people. In the Bible, He even includes the fearful as one of those He will cast into outer darkness.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 05, 2020
Now, I'm not saying you should draw close to God because you want Him to prove He exists. No, that's wrong.

I for one won't appreciate a human being coming close to me because he or she wants to know the secret things about me.

You have to be sincere about your relationship with God. Keep His word in your heart and do your best to keep His commandments. Those you can't do with your human strength, ask for grace.

Love God wholeheartedly, and He won't hesitate to reveal the secret things about Him He wants you to know.
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by kingxsamz(m): 5:09pm On Jul 05, 2020
This small accident.

Please, I've gone through the images, where is the god?
Is he the one raising hand in the photo?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by LordReed(m): 5:15pm On Jul 05, 2020
kingxsamz:
This small accident.

Please, I've gone through the images, where is the god?
Is he the one raising hand in the photo?

LoLz!

9 Likes

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by LordReed(m): 5:16pm On Jul 05, 2020
Yes, there is even a video of it. Nothing happened.

6 Likes

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 05, 2020
Y

E

S......... ..

���

Asking him, doesn't prove his existence.......

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by BackllGodNaija: 7:12pm On Jul 05, 2020
Nooil:
Now, I'm not saying you should draw close to God because you want Him to prove He exists. No, that's wrong.

I for one won't appreciate a human being coming close to me because he or she wants to know the secret things about me.

You have to be sincere about your relationship with God. Keep His word in your heart and do your best to keep His commandments. Those you can't do with your human strength, ask for grace.

Love God wholeheartedly, and He won't hesitate to reveal the secret things about Him He wants you to know.
Thanks for sharing. Really Inspiring. God bless you richly.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 05, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
Thanks for sharing. Really Inspiring. God bless you richly.

Thank you so much. God bless you too.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 05, 2020
Xavfra:
Y

E

S......... ..

���

Asking him, doesn't prove his existence......

I don't understand the bolded
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 05, 2020
Nooil:

Sorry......

When we ask, people say it's because he exists that's why we ask....... that's what I mean......

Years ago I used to say to him that he knows why I'm not an atheist, I as well asked him lots of times and as a Catholic, I asked him to show me his face during consecration when the host is raised up.....I searched but I didn't see him......I even sometimes had to sit in front......

But all of these didn't really make me the PERSON I am today
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 05, 2020
Nooil:

Sorry......

When we ask, people say it's because he exists that's why we ask....... that's what I mean......

Years ago I used to say to him that he knows why I'm not an atheist, I as well asked him lots of times and as a Catholic, I asked him to show me his face during consecration when the host is raised up.....I searched but I didn't see him......I even sometimes had to sit in front......

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 05, 2020
Xavfra:

Sorry......

Why will you ask to see God's face?
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 05, 2020
Nooil:

Why will you ask to see God's face?

Not necessarily to see his face.......as a son, i should see his face......

As a father and son, we should have a cordial relationship

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 05, 2020
Xavfra:

Not necessarily to see his face.......as a son, I should see his face......

As a father and son, we should have a cordial relationship

God is a spirit, you're still in flesh. You can only get visions of Him if you get to that level.

I know you're an intelligent and wonderful person. But I need you to be open-minded too. Get a Bible, and study it. Start from the new testament.

Look for a good church. It will help build your faith. Please avoid churches that their everyday sermon is on tithe and how people die from not paying tithes. Go to a church where you will feel the love of God. A church when the choir ministers, you'll feel every burden being lifted from your heart.

There is a kind of peace you'll experience, and you'll know God exists. Get to know who God is. Pray to Him, talk to Him, trust in His process.

Make the effort, then you can make your decision.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 05, 2020
Nooil:

God is a spirit, you're still in flesh. You can only get visions of Him if you get to that level.

I know you're an intelligent and wonderful person. But I need you to be open-minded too. Get a Bible, and study it. Start from the new testament.

Look for a good church. It will help build your faith. Please avoid churches that their everyday sermon is on tithe and how people die from not paying tithes. Go to a church where you will feel the love of God. A church when the choir ministers, you'll feel every burden being lifted from your heart.

There is a kind of peace you'll experience, and you'll know God exists. Get to know who God is. Pray to Him, talk to Him, trust in His process.

Make the effort, then you can make your decision.

I wished they worked......

Thanks for the compliments......

Because I know what I know, I can't return......

No slave returns back to his master.......

At least if the things I knew where skillfully removed, I won't have known the truth.......
And I could have considered going back......

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 05, 2020
Xavfra:

I wished they worked......

Thanks for the compliments......

Because I know what I know, I can't return......

No slave returns back to his master.......

At least if the things I knew where skillfully removed, I won't have known the truth.......
And I could have considered going back......

So, what did you come to know? What was the truth?

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 05, 2020
Nooil:

So, what did you come to know? What was the truth?

PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY..... THANKS

Very good question.........

My ancestors, worshipped their gods, the white men came with their own gods, and told my ancestors that it was bad to worship the gods we were worshipping and that it was right for us to worship the God of the white man....

I ask, why must we accept their God when we have ours...... nobody goes after what he or she doesnt have......it's mostly when we feel inferior that we dump our own way of life for other people's own......

As well, I keep wondering where he was when his people were enslaving blacks......... after all, he permitted slavery.......

Why should the Bible say God is all loving, but be as well created evil....

As well, his hypocrisy........he asks that we forgive others of their trespasses, but he cannot forgive the devil......

Also, he claims to love us all, but some people are suffering beyond imaginable.....

He claims to love us, but he cannot put a roof our heads and feed and clothe the people, but he can create hell to accommodate all who refuse to worship him....

You won't watch nor spare me if I should walk right into your house and kill your mother.......no you won't ....

But the almighty and ever living God watched for 30 months as innocent children were murdered and starved to death for crimes they know nothing of...... probably you should check out the devastating nature of the civil war on those Biafran children.....

The day before yesterday, I was skimming through YouTube and I found a video of the civil war.... cry cry

For the first time in my life, I cried while watching a video......I used to see pictures of the the war, but that day I saw the videos......gosh......why then should he be worshipped and worst still by Africans.......

Despite every prayer, he still sat down and enjoyed the events of the war......

Crazily enough, some people spread lies that it's because of sinners that's why he sent this covid-19.......but why can't he use that power to remove sin from the world instead of having to send a virus......

The maker of the AK-47, cannot and should be surprised that his invention kills people like wise God.....why will he create evil and later be surprised that evil exists in our world......

I believe none of us loves the Holocaust, but we are cool with God killing EVERY FIRST MALE CHILD OF BOTH HUMANS AND ANIMALS......
Isn't it hypocrisy......

There's alot to write, but nevertheless I'll leave you with this.....

And then when you're done with it, tell me I he's the kind of God that you want to worship.....tell me if he's the kind of God that is perfect and all loving and all powerful.....

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 05, 2020
Xavfra:

PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY..... THANKS

Very good question.........

My ancestors, worshipped their gods, the white men came with their own gods, and told my ancestors that it was bad to worship the gods we were worshipping and that it was right for us to worship the God of the white man....

I ask, why must we accept their God when we have ours...... nobody goes after what he or she doesnt have......it's mostly when we feel inferior that we dump our own way of life for other people's own......

As well, I keep wondering where he was when his people were enslaving blacks......... after all, he permitted slavery.......

Why should the Bible say God is all loving, but be as well created evil....

As well, his hypocrisy........he asks that we forgive others of their trespasses, but he cannot forgive the devil......

Also, he claims to love us all, but some people are suffering beyond imaginable.....

He claims to love us, but he cannot put a roof our heads and feed and clothe the people, but he can create hell to accommodate all who refuse to worship him....

You won't watch nor spare me if I should walk right into your house and kill your mother.......no you won't ....

But the almighty and ever living God watched for 30 months as innocent children were murdered and starved to death for crimes they know nothing of...... probably you should check out the devastating nature of the civil war on those Biafran children.....

The day before yesterday, I was skimming through YouTube and I found a video of the civil war.... cry cry

For the first time in my life, I cried while watching a video......I used to see pictures of the the war, but that day I saw the videos......gosh......why then should he be worshipped and worst still by Africans.......

Despite every prayer, he still sat down and enjoyed the events of the war......

Crazily enough, some people spread lies that it's because of sinners that's why he sent this covid-19.......but why can't he use that power to remove sin from the world instead of having to send a virus......

The maker of the AK-47, cannot and should be surprised that his invention kills people like wise God.....why will he create evil and later be surprised that evil exists in our world......

I believe none of us loves the Holocaust, but we are cool with God killing EVERY FIRST MALE CHILD OF BOTH HUMANS AND ANIMALS......
Isn't it hypocrisy......

There's alot to write, but nevertheless I'll leave you with this.....

And then when you're done with it, tell me I he's the kind of God that you want to worship.....tell me if he's the kind of God that is perfect and all loving and all powerful.....

Did you ask why God sent his son to die for us rather than just taking away the sins of the world? God loves process. He is organized. He doesn't jump hurdles.

I'll answer your questions tomorrow, its late already.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 05, 2020
Nooil:

Did you ask why God sent his son to die for us rather than just taking away the sins of the world? God loves process. He is organized. He doesn't jump hurdles.

Probably he's enjoying the show....... that's why he created the evils and put them in the world and then sent his son to die for the evil he put in people...... isn't that confusion

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:28pm On Jul 05, 2020
HE WON'T ANSWER BECAUSE HE CANNOT BE PUT TO TEST. HE DOES AS HE PLEASES. HIS OWN TERMS HIS OWN WAYS.
AIN'T THAT RIGHT, CHRISTIANS?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 05, 2020
Nooil:

It's cool....you can take as much time as you need...... I'm still here....

Probably he's enjoying the show....... that's why he created the evils and put them in the world and then sent his son to die for the evil he put in people...... isn't that confusion

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 05, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
HE WON'T ANSWER BECAUSE HE CANNOT BE PUT TO TEST. HE DOES AS HE PLEASES. HIS OWN TERMS HIS OWN WAYS.

He acts in mysterious ways

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by BackllGodNaija: 9:50pm On Jul 05, 2020
Nooil:

Thank you so much. God bless you too.
Thank God for keeping you safe and also revealing Himself to you in the process. Do not be surprised that it was that easy for you to get a response from God, because it's easy for Him to do so when someone was sincerely willing to know Him. But the unwilling, just as the Pharisees, could ask for signs but He would deliberately keep it from them because they are not sincere. So until they repent and become truly willing, they may perish in their sins because God doesn't cater to those who do not sincerely seek to know Him.

Thanks for sharing once more, I could really relate with that.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by 1Sharon(f): 9:51pm On Jul 05, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

LOL talking of 'testing God'...OP took a ride with strange men then had the nerve to worry about her safety later.

Christians will say she 'tested god'

5 Likes

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by CAPSLOCKED: 10:07pm On Jul 05, 2020
1Sharon:

LOL talking of 'testing God'...OP took a ride with strange men then had the nerve to worry about her safety later.

Christians will say she 'tested god'

CHRISTIANS ARE JUST FUNNY.
LOOK AT THE TWO SCENARIOS.

1. 2SHARON GOES TO KANO TO CONVERT MUSLIMS. SHE SUCCESSFULLY CLAIMS A HUNDRED SOULS FOR CHRIST.
CHRISTIANS — WOW MIRACULOUS WORKING GOD.
MJBOLT — SHE'S LUCKY TO NOT HAVE FACED HARM CONSIDERING HOW TROUBLESOME MUSLIMS IN KANO CAN BE.
CHRISTIANS — IT CAN ONLY BE GOD. GOD PROTECTED HIS ANNOITED. THIS IS PROVE THAT OUR GOD IS ALIVE. [BIBLE VERSES].

2. 2SHARON GOES TO KANO TO CONVERT MUSLIMS. GETS MOBBED AND KILLED BY EXTREMISTS.
CHRISTIANS — SHE DID HERSELF. WHY GO THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.
MJBOLT — WHY DIDN'T GOD PROTECT HER?
CHRISTIANS — YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR MOUTH AND DON'T QUESTION GOD. SHE KNEW THE DANGER BUT WENT AHEAD. OUR GOD CANNOT BE TESTED. HEAVEN HELPS THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES. [BIBLE VERSES]

EXCUSES ARE ALWAYS LINED UP TO PRAISE THEIR GOD, AND PROTECT AND ABSOLVE HIM FROM ANY BLAMES OR RESPONSIBILITIES.
VERY WISE SYSTEM IF YOU ASK ME.

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 05, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

1. 2SHARON GOES TO KANO TO CONVERT MUSLIMS. SHE SUCCESSFULLY CLAIMS A HUNDRED SOULS FOR CHRIST.
MJBOLT — SHE'S LUCKY TO NOT HAVE FACED HARM CONSIDERING HOW TROUBLESOME MUSLIMS IN KANO CAN BE.
CHRISTIANS — IT CAN ONLY BE GOD. GOD PROTECTED HIS ANNOITED. THIS IS PROVE THAT OUR GOD IS ALIVE. [BIBLE VERSES].

2. 2SHARON GOES TO KANO TO CONVERT MUSLIMS. GETS MOBBED AND KILLED BY EXTREMISTS.
CHRISTIANS — YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR MOUTH AND DON'T QUESTION GOD. SHE KNEW THE DANGER BUT WENT AHEAD. OUR GOD CANNOT BE TESTED. HEAVEN HELPS THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES. [BIBLE VERSES]

EXCUSES ARE ALWAYS LINED UP TO PRAISE THEIR GOD, AND PROTECT AND ABSOLVE HIM FROM ANY BLAMES OR RESPONSIBILITIES.
Blameless god,lmao.
A very useless god that can’t protect his followers.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by kingxsamz(m): 2:54am On Jul 06, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Humanoid01(m): 3:38am On Jul 06, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

Why the generalization? Christianity is in the heart, and only God bears witness with those who truly worship him. Do you think all Christians would respond that way in the second scenario?
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by sotall(m): 3:45am On Jul 06, 2020
undecided
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 06, 2020
This is another declaration of faith with the mouth. Just had a chat one of my writing student because I put up that accident pics on my Whatsapp.

Learn to use your mouth. A closed mouth is a closed destiny.

See images below

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

No One Is Missing – Pastor Kayode Adeyemo / Apostle Chinyere Gifts Pastor Bullet Proof Jeep (photos) / Virgin Birth: It’s Pagan. Get Over It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.