Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,954 members, 7,799,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? (2028 Views)

Bride Asked God To Walk Her Down The Aisle On Her Wedding Day & God Did / Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" / Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by 1Sharon(f): 11:42am On Jul 06, 2020
Humanoid01:

Why the generalization? Christianity is in the heart, and only God bears witness with those who truly worship him. Do you think all Christians would respond that way in the second scenario?

YES!

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Humanoid01(m): 11:55am On Jul 06, 2020
1Sharon:

YES!
Why do you think so?
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by kingxsamz(m): 12:14pm On Jul 06, 2020
Nooil:
This is another declaration of faith with the mouth. Just had a chat one of my writing student because I put up that accident pics on my Whatsapp.

Learn to use your mouth. A closed mouth is a closed destiny.

See images below

And if I ask you, " what about those Christians who died from car accident ", you'd say your god chooses to show mercy to who he wants.
Smh.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by frank317: 12:46pm On Jul 06, 2020
Humanoid01:

Why the generalization? Christianity is in the heart, and only God bears witness with those who truly worship him. Do you think all Christians would respond that way in the second scenario?
How would u respond?

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by 1Sharon(f): 12:51pm On Jul 06, 2020
Humanoid01:

Why do you think so?

Cos that's what christians always say. Pls!
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Humanoid01(m): 1:11pm On Jul 06, 2020
frank317:
How would u respond?
Matthew 5:10.
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Humanoid01(m): 1:12pm On Jul 06, 2020
1Sharon:

Cos that's what christians always say. Pls!
What does the Bible say?
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by 1Sharon(f): 1:17pm On Jul 06, 2020
Humanoid01:

What does the Bible say?

I don't give a damn. Ask that question to ur fellow Christians that rationalise the irrational.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Humanoid01(m): 1:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
1Sharon:

I don't give a damn. Ask that question to ur fellow Christians that rationalise the irrational.
You're actually being irrational. You generalize and judge Christianity because of the few Christians you've encountered, yet you haven't looked into the book which is the basis of their belief. It's not that you don't give a damn, you're just bitter.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by 1Sharon(f): 1:34pm On Jul 06, 2020
Humanoid01:

You're actually being irrational. You generalize and judge Christianity because of the few Christians you've encountered, yet you haven't looked into the book which is the basis of their belief.

A few Christians? Stop lying bro.

You are all fond of making excuses for God.

Ask ur fellow Christians to look into the book, sicne they do a poor job of obeying it.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Humanoid01(m): 1:41pm On Jul 06, 2020
1Sharon:

A few Christians? Stop lying bro.

You are all fond of making excuses for God.

Ask ur fellow Christians to into the book, sicne they do a poor job of obeying it.
You call it excuses, the Bible calls it trust.

Have you ever heard about the word "martyrs" and what the Bible says about them?
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by frank317: 3:26pm On Jul 06, 2020
Humanoid01:

Matthew 5:10.

In order words u will just quote anything u like that does not even have to do with the issue at hand just to avoid answering.

Or

What u are saying is:

If she goes to preach in the north and does not get killed... All glory to God.

If she Gets killed she is blessed cause she died for the kingdom sake.

Will u advise u daughter to go to preach to boko haram members in their camp in this period? At it will be good if she dies for the sake of the kingdom, don't u think?
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by frank317: 3:40pm On Jul 06, 2020
Nooil:
Happy Sunday everyone!

So my question is for the atheists, have you asked God to prove He exists and you didn't get a reply? Because I once did and got the images below. I won't say I was involved in an accident. Those pictures below, you see the pressed side where the arrow points, that's where I was sitting.

I remember that day I was going back home after going to check a house outside the state where I lived.

I was looking outside, enjoying the natural breeze, the trees, vegetation, and all. I asked myself, what if this is just nature, and there's truly no God as these atheists say.

Then I prayed a small prayer, "God, show me you truly exist." And in less than two minutes, the accident occurred.

God was telling me "If I wish, I could take your life, but I can use the smallest of things to preserve it." And truly, God has preserved my life in ways you can never imagine.

In that "accident" I was the only one with shattered glass all over my body. The funny thing was a man sitting close to me and his baby didn't even get a single glass on them. I was the only one screaming at the driver to open the door so we can get down.

Everyone was telling me to calm down and thank God for saving our lives, but that was because they were not sitting on glasses or had their body covered with them.

My opened bag was filled with glass. I struggled to get it out because it was where the bus compressed. While I was struggling with it, other passengers had come down and were looking for another bus or car they could continue their journey with.

When I finally pulled out the bag, immediately I came down from the bus, I saw a truck. I flagged it down, and it stopped. One of the persons inside actually came down to help me with my bags. They didn't pick anyone else.

Some passengers were asking if I knew them because of the manner they stopped and refused to pick anyone but me was strange.

But you see, God was telling me, "I will make a way for you where there seems no way."

I stand in awe of my God. You don't know what you're missing out not being under His grace.

I will continue the story of what happened in the truck below.

I am sorry the story above does not in anyway proved that God proved himself to u.
It's natural to feel lucky after surviving a tragic event. Christians or religionists take it further by saying they were saved by God.

It's just a prove of how adventurous the human mind can be and make events in your life seem to be the narration u want it to be and not what it actually is.
I tell u that even u as a Christian has an equal chance of surviving and accident like any other person. U could have actually died in that accident and Christians will still say glory to God.

You guys present God as both the judge, the prosecutor and the accuser. He is both a married man and a bachelor. As such u can wriggle ur way out of any sound argument with any excuse because God acn easily fit into any nonsense u want.

U have seen good Christians die in accident but ur mind still feels good to come give this story because u didnt get injured in an accident.

What then was he trying to prove to Christians who actually die in accidents since it is now what he uses to prove himself to u?

I think u have a lovely personality and this personality works for u (perhaps that's why the two weed smokers were nice to u. It's sad that u are blaming an external being for what u have acheived on ur own... How then can we learn from u when u have already misplaced the object to learn from.

Do u know how many times I have escaped accidents since I became an atheist? Do u also know how many times I have met misfortun?

There is a bottom line here... Both good things and bad things happens to me and u, the only difference is that u think God is involved and I don't think so. My point is to establish that God is useless if u worship him and I don't, yet we all face the same survival or death chance.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Humanoid01(m): 3:56pm On Jul 06, 2020
frank317:

In order words u will just quote anything u like that does not even have to do with the issue at hand just to avoid answering.

Or

What u are saying is:

If she goes to preach in the north and does not get killed... All glory to God.

If she Gets killed she is blessed cause she died for the kingdom sake.

Will u advise u daughter to go to preach to boko haram members in their camp in this period? At it will be good if she dies for the sake of the kingdom, don't u think?
Before Jesus was captured in the build up to his death, he knew the weight of what was to come. He knew it wouldn't be easy, so he told God "If you are willing, take this cup from me. Yet not my will, but yours... " . That was his human nature taking effect. However, He knew the glory ahead, that helped Him subdue His human nature at that point.

To be honest, the question you asked is tough to answer, 'cause things are easier said than done. I just hope the instance I gave above will give you a hint.
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by frank317: 7:15pm On Jul 06, 2020
Humanoid01:

Before Jesus was captured in the build up to his death, he knew the weight of what was to come. He knew it wouldn't be easy, so he told God "If you are willing, take this cup from me. Yet not my will, but yours... " . That was his human nature taking effect. However, He knew the glory ahead, that helped Him subdue His human nature at that point.

To be honest, the question you asked is tough to answer, 'cause things are easier said than done. I just hope the instance I gave above will give you a hint.

Jesus (if the story is true) did not live his actions by faith. He knew exactly what he was going into.. Having lived in heaven, seen God and knew the mission he came for. Do not compare him with u who is just believing and acting by the stories u are told to believe by faith. Jesus didn't need faith.

The question is straight foward and makes nonsense the whole God theory. It is difficult for u because u have made urself adamant to believe in something that really does not make sense when it's dug into and questions are asked.

The fact still remains, if God saved the Op from the accident he should be consistent with his saving Christians in all accidents. That way, we will not be asking questions as we are asking because Christians are actually dying in accidents leaving u guys to explain it away like desperate people who need to make sense of an unreasonable belief.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Image123(m): 11:34pm On Jul 07, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

CHRISTIANS ARE JUST FUNNY.
LOOK AT THE TWO SCENARIOS.

1. 2SHARON GOES TO KANO TO CONVERT MUSLIMS. SHE SUCCESSFULLY CLAIMS A HUNDRED SOULS FOR CHRIST.
CHRISTIANS — WOW MIRACULOUS WORKING GOD.
MJBOLT — SHE'S LUCKY TO NOT HAVE FACED HARM CONSIDERING HOW TROUBLESOME MUSLIMS IN KANO CAN BE.
CHRISTIANS — IT CAN ONLY BE GOD. GOD PROTECTED HIS ANNOITED. THIS IS PROVE THAT OUR GOD IS ALIVE. [BIBLE VERSES].

2. 2SHARON GOES TO KANO TO CONVERT MUSLIMS. GETS MOBBED AND KILLED BY EXTREMISTS.
CHRISTIANS — SHE DID HERSELF. WHY GO THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.
MJBOLT — WHY DIDN'T GOD PROTECT HER?
CHRISTIANS — YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR MOUTH AND DON'T QUESTION GOD. SHE KNEW THE DANGER BUT WENT AHEAD. OUR GOD CANNOT BE TESTED. HEAVEN HELPS THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES. [BIBLE VERSES]

EXCUSES ARE ALWAYS LINED UP TO PRAISE THEIR GOD, AND PROTECT AND ABSOLVE HIM FROM ANY BLAMES OR RESPONSIBILITIES.
VERY WISE SYSTEM IF YOU ASK ME.

You always showcase your ignorance of the bible and of God. Like some Christians, you are ignorant only that they are better than you in being smart enough to believe in Jesus name and secure their future.

God in His wisdom created man in diversity and wrote His Word like a buffet satisfying all. He knows not all men are the same or equal or think and react the same way. He who said go and preach in all the world also said to flee if persecuted or in danger. He who knows not everyone will flee still told us Christians will be killed for His name sake. So in every case and circumstances, we are winners and have our full reward. The word of God is not bound. We have people everywhere doing the mission of God. Not everyone is called into such life but God always has someone.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Image123(m): 11:44pm On Jul 07, 2020
frank317:

It's not by advice, people do these things by personal conviction. Jesus was not advices to die but adviced against it rather. We have people living in terrorist infested regions, many are not even Christian in the real sense. They are all there and refused to leave or be internally displaced for differing reasons.
i know a Yoruba lecturer, professor with his whole family there. He's not an evangelist. But that's home for him and for his family. There are business men and women there. There are many who have lost loved ones, family and friends there yet refused to leave. There are also some Christians there. Anybody can die and anybody dies. i don't see why you want us to feel bad if a Christian dies. All Jesus disciples died, we are happy. But you are crying more than the bereaved.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by frank317: 7:02pm On Jul 08, 2020
Image123:

It's not by advice, people do these things by personal conviction. Jesus was not advices to die but adviced against it rather. We have people living in terrorist infested regions, many are not even Christian in the real sense. They are all there and refused to leave or be internally displaced for differing reasons.
i know a Yoruba lecturer, professor with his whole family there. He's not an evangelist. But that's home for him and for his family. There are business men and women there. There are many who have lost loved ones, family and friends there yet refused to leave. There are also some Christians there. Anybody can die and anybody dies. i don't see why you want us to feel bad if a Christian dies. All Jesus disciples died, we are happy. But you are crying more than the bereaved.

The problem with u guys is that u are fond of talking without hitting the nail on the head.

If ur 20 years old daughter who lives with u in Lagos tells u she has a personal conviction to go to boko haram camp and preach to them will u willingly allow her to go.?

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by NairalandSARS: 7:30pm On Jul 08, 2020
Nooil:
Happy Sunday everyone!

So my question is for the atheists, have you asked God to prove He exists and you didn't get a reply? Because I once did and got the images below. I won't say I was involved in an accident. Those pictures below, you see the pressed side where the arrow points, that's where I was sitting.

I remember that day I was going back home after going to check a house outside the state where I lived.

I was looking outside, enjoying the natural breeze, the trees, vegetation, and all. I asked myself, what if this is just nature, and there's truly no God as these atheists say.

Then I prayed a small prayer, "God, show me you truly exist." And in less than two minutes, the accident occurred.

God was telling me "If I wish, I could take your life, but I can use the smallest of things to preserve it." And truly, God has preserved my life in ways you can never imagine.

In that "accident" I was the only one with shattered glass all over my body. The funny thing was a man sitting close to me and his baby didn't even get a single glass on them. I was the only one screaming at the driver to open the door so we can get down.

Everyone was telling me to calm down and thank God for saving our lives, but that was because they were not sitting on glasses or had their body covered with them.

My opened bag was filled with glass. I struggled to get it out because it was where the bus compressed. While I was struggling with it, other passengers had come down and were looking for another bus or car they could continue their journey with.

When I finally pulled out the bag, immediately I came down from the bus, I saw a truck. I flagged it down, and it stopped. One of the persons inside actually came down to help me with my bags. They didn't pick anyone else.

Some passengers were asking if I knew them because of the manner they stopped and refused to pick anyone but me was strange.

But you see, God was telling me, "I will make a way for you where there seems no way."

I stand in awe of my God. You don't know what you're missing out not being under His grace.

I will continue the story of what happened in the truck below.

I prayed for him to clear my pimples and blackspots.
No show.

3 Likes

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 08, 2020
NairalandSARS:

I prayed for him to clear my pimples and blackspots.
No show.

Please go and eat well cheesy
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Image123(m): 9:55pm On Jul 08, 2020
frank317:

The problem with u guys is that u are fond of talking without hitting the nail on the head.

If ur 20 years old daughter who lives with u in Lagos tells u she has a personal conviction to go to boko haram camp and preach to them will u willingly allow her to go.?

Your theory question is just an assumption, it has no nail on any head. Rather you expect a specific no for an answer so that you can miss the point yet again.

Somebody mentioned so called Christian reaction to different scenarios. Where was the nail or the head there, the mockery?

God will not normally tell a 20year old girl in Lagos to go to boko haram camp. It is inconsistent with His nature and word. God will rather use a 20year old girl or any age, kidnapped by them to witness to them. He takes advantage of the situation. The person may die or live, it depends on His game plan in the situation.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Nobody: 4:46am On Jul 09, 2020
frank317:

I am sorry the story above does not in anyway proved that God proved himself to u.
It's natural to feel lucky after surviving a tragic event. Christians or religionists take it further by saying they were saved by God.

It's just a prove of how adventurous the human mind can be and make events in your life seem to be the narration u want it to be and not what it actually is.
I tell u that even u as a Christian has an equal chance of surviving and accident like any other person. U could have actually died in that accident and Christians will still say glory to God.

You guys present God as both the judge, the prosecutor and the accuser. He is both a married man and a bachelor. As such u can wriggle ur way out of any sound argument with any excuse because God acn easily fit into any nonsense u want.

U have seen good Christians die in accident but ur mind still feels good to come to give this story because u didn't get injured in an accident.

What then was he trying to prove to Christians who actually die in accidents since it is now what he uses to prove himself to u?

I think u have a lovely personality and this personality works for u (perhaps that's why the two weed smokers were nice to u. It's sad that u are blaming an external being for what u have achieved on our own... How then can we learn from u when u have already misplaced the object to learn from.

Do u know how many times I have escaped accidents since I became an atheist? Do u also know how many times I have met misfortune?

There is a bottom line here... Both good things and bad things happen to me and u, the only difference is that u think God is involved and I don't think so. My point is to establish that God is useless if u worship him and I don't, yet we all face the same survival or death chance.

If you had gone through my writeup well, I'm not sure you'll be asking these questions. Did I in my write up insinuate God saved me from a misfortune? Nope.

He chose that way to show Himself to me. I was sitting close to the window where the arrow points. And if you look at the truck, you'll see it focused exactly where I was sat.

Now, if you think we are Christians so that God will save us from misfortunes, then you don't know what Christianity is all about. God caters for everyone, both believers and unbelievers. He sends rain to everyone. So you being saved from misfortune isn't a big deal.

We are Christians because of salvation. That way we know when our flesh dies, we are not gone. We are going to be transformed and live again. That is what Jesus Christ came to ensure.

If you don't believe that you will live again after physical death, that's your problem. But I do, that is why I'm a Christian.

Money, wealth, riches, peace are just additions. But let's not be distracted by the main message, which is eternal life.
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Nobody: 5:03am On Jul 09, 2020
kingxsamz:

And if I ask you, " what about those Christians who died from car accident ", you'd say your god chooses to show mercy to who he wants.
Smh.

I'm sorry, but the kind of research I conduct while writing does not include finding out about "Christians who died from car accidents". If you have such information in your possession, I'll appreciate if you share. undecided
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by frank317: 7:29am On Jul 09, 2020
Image123:

Your theory question is just an assumption, it has no nail on any head. Rather you expect a specific no for an answer so that you can miss the point yet again.

Somebody mentioned so called Christian reaction to different scenarios. Where was the nail or the head there, the mockery?

God will not normally tell a 20year old girl in Lagos to go to boko haram camp. It is inconsistent with His nature and word. God will rather use a 20year old girl or any age, kidnapped by them to witness to them. He takes advantage of the situation. The person may die or live, it depends on His game plan in the situation.

So if u know instead of answering my question directly, u will only dance around to only lead us to know where, then u rather not respond.

The assumptions are based on real life scenarios.

We all know of a christian lady who was killed in Abuja during her morning cry in a Muslim community. There was a case of a lady in UI who was almost lynched because she chose Friday to preach in front of a mosque. Now the different reactions CAPSLOCK painted were exactly the way so called Christians reacted to these cases.

The question why did God who u claim will not normally tell a 20 years old to go to boko haram camp, send these victims in my examples above to go preach in such a dangerous situations.

U are already reacting in one of the ways CAPSLOCK painted by trying to say it was not God that sent them. But if they had succeeded will still say all glory to God. Where exactly do u stand?

3 Likes

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by frank317: 7:49am On Jul 09, 2020
Nooil:

If you had gone through my writeup well, I'm not sure you'll be asking these questions. Did I in my write up insinuate God saved me from a misfortune? Nope.

He chose that way to show Himself to me. I was sitting close to the window where the arrow points. And if you look at the truck, you'll see it focused exactly where I was sat.

Ur write up shows exactly how God saved u from an accident (misfortune) thereby proving himself to u. Except u didn't understand what u wrote.

Now, if you think we are Christians so that God will save us from misfortunes, then you don't know what Christianity is all about. God caters for everyone, both believers and unbelievers. He sends rain to everyone. So you being saved from misfortune isn't a big deal.

OH please, u guys should stand for one thing for once... U can't keep on jumping out of what u believe whenever u are caught.
Christians actually believe in God so that he will save u from misfortune. Saying this is not true is a big lie from the pit of hell.
If not why do Christians pray for health? I travel at least 50 times every year both by air and road, u see Christians pray for safe journey. Sometime last year there was a turbulence in the air on my way to Abuja because of bad weather, come see Christians asking Jesus to come calm the weather. Go to church we have u lot giving testimony on how the lord has been good to them, all retreats are basically for the sick or for financial break through. A few days ago Oyedepo openly said he had not been to hospital for 51years. So who are u kidding? If u know God caters for everyone and not really Christians why waste ur time to ask him for safety, good health and financial break through when u know these things are already there for everyone to gain even me will get them without prayers? Oh pls.

We are Christians because of salvation. That way we know when our flesh dies, we are not gone. We are going to be transformed and live again. That is what Jesus Christ came to ensure.

Well, the way u guys actually behave, I doubt if u guys are certain that this Salvation or life after death is real. If not why the fear of death when u know its a sure way to a far far far better life than these. Why didn't u get a little angry that God didn't allow that truck to hit u to death (as it has hit some other Christians to death ) so that u can zoom urself into this so call Salvation where u will live in everlasting joy.
Leave that thing... If it was only about salvation, I bet there will be no Christian found in this world.

If you don't believe that you will live again after physical death, that's your problem. But I do, that is why I'm a Christian.

Of course I don't.. I dont know if it's a problem to me though. If that's why u are a Christian, good for u, I still see the holes and fakeness in ur believe.

Money, wealth, riches, peace are just additions. But let's not be distracted by the main message, which is eternal life.
Additions to who? How can they be additions when everybody has it. It shouldnt even be anything to u, since there is nothing special about them... After all even a murderer has access to them as much as u even as a Good Christian... It shows they not really important and are not an addition to anything.

3 Likes

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 09, 2020
frank317:

Ur write up shows exactly how God saved u from an accident (misfortune) thereby proving himself to u. Except u didn't understand what u wrote.

Uncle, if you lack understanding, ask God to give it to you, because right now, you're irritating me with your level of understanding. And for the rest gibberish you spilled, don't expect me to address them. I have stated my belief, you can go ahead with yours. Good day.
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by frank317: 10:51am On Jul 09, 2020
Nooil:

Uncle, if you lack understanding, ask God to give it to you, because right now, you're irritating me with your level of understanding. And for the rest of the gibberish you spilled, don't expect me to address them. I have stated my belief, you can go ahead with yours. Good day.

did God save u from the mini accident or not?

How exactly did God prove himself to u? is it by allowing the truck to hit u and damage ur legs for life or by ensuring nothing happens to u despite being place where the truck hit your car? Did God allow the two thugs to help u or not?

no vex, pls tell me what ur whole story was all about? how did God prove himself to u again?

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Image123(m): 9:08pm On Jul 10, 2020
frank317:

So if u know instead of answering my question directly, u will only dance around to only lead us to know where, then u rather not respond.

Typical, just as predicted "you expect a specific no for an answer so that you can miss the point yet again." Fortunately for us all, NO is not the answer. The answer as been given but you are angry since you cannot mock it as you wished.

The assumptions are based on real life scenarios.

We all know of a christian lady who was killed in Abuja during her morning cry in a Muslim community. There was a case of a lady in UI who was almost lynched because she chose Friday to preach in front of a mosque. Now the different reactions CAPSLOCK painted were exactly the way so called Christians reacted to these cases.

You specifically mentioned "a personal conviction to go to boko haram camp ". Abuja and Ibadan are not boko haram camps, are they?

Jesus Christ clearly stated to be careful and wise in going out to evangelise as He sends His followers.
Mat 10:16  Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. 
Mat 10:17  But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; 

It is unusual of and inconsistent with God to send a 20 year old girl to boko haram camps. i guess we know God more than you, or do you know Him more than us? You keep claiming that He does not exist, remember?

The question why did God who u claim will not normally tell a 20 years old to go to boko haram camp, send these victims in my examples above to go preach in such a dangerous situations.

U are already reacting in one of the ways CAPSLOCK painted by trying to say it was not God that sent them. But if they had succeeded will still say all glory to God. Where exactly do u stand?

Like i said, these are not boko haram camps that you initially suggested that my daughter was supposed to go on the instructions of God. In preaching the gospel, tact and wisdom is always required. Evangelism is not about being offensive. A lady going to a mosque to preach or in a muslim dominated environment is not employing wisdom. Such a lady was not instructed by God to go there, that's a suicide mission. If such a lady came out unhurt. She would be adviced never to be so wreckless again. It is similar to escaping an accident after careless action, such a person should not be careless again. In everything, christians give thanks, whether in life or in death, because we know that death is not the end. But that is different from stating that God sent some 20year old girl on a suicde mission. She can reach more muslims in better and safer ways since muslim soul is what is hungrying her.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by frank317: 11:20pm On Jul 10, 2020
Image123:

Typical, just as predicted "you expect a specific no for an answer so that you can miss the point yet again." Fortunately for us all, NO is not the answer. The answer as been given but you are angry since you cannot mock it as you wished.

You specifically mentioned "a personal conviction to go to boko haram camp ". Abuja and Ibadan are not boko haram camps, are they?

Jesus Christ clearly stated to be careful and wise in going out to evangelise as He sends His followers.
Mat 10:16  Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. 
Mat 10:17  But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; 

It is unusual of and inconsistent with God to send a 20 year old girl to boko haram camps. i guess we know God more than you, or do you know Him more than us? You keep claiming that He does not exist, remember?

Like i said, these are not boko haram camps that you initially suggested that my daughter was supposed to go on the instructions of God. In preaching the gospel, tact and wisdom is always required. Evangelism is not about being offensive. A lady going to a mosque to preach or in a muslim dominated environment is not employing wisdom. Such a lady was not instructed by God to go there, that's a suicide mission. If such a lady came out unhurt. She would be adviced never to be so wreckless again. It is similar to escaping an accident after careless action, such a person should not be careless again. In everything, christians give thanks, whether in life or in death, because we know that death is not the end. But that is different from stating that God sent some 20year old girl on a suicde mission. She can reach more muslims in better and safer ways since muslim soul is what is hungrying her.

Ur response is exactly what we have been saying.. If the lady in the mosque had succeeded in prea ching there and coming out unharmed, no issues, same Christians would have sill say glosy to God.

I mean imagine Adeboye takes the bull by the horn and holds a crusade in madugiri and some boko haram members repent... I can see the headline on nairaland page
Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Image123(m): 9:39am On Jul 11, 2020
frank317:

Ur response is exactly what we have been saying.. If the lady in the mosque had succeeded in prea ching there and coming out unharmed, no issues, same Christians would have sill say glosy to God.

I mean imagine Adeboye takes the bull by the horn and holds a crusade in madugiri and some boko haram members repent... I can see the headline on nairaland page

Christians give glory to God in every situation, don't you get that? It is another thing to claim that it is the will of God or the command of God. If such person comes out unscathed, he should be sternly warned, taught and corrected. God did not send anybody to go and be a deliberate offense. None of the apostles or even the Lord Jesus went into shrines and other religions meeting places to constitute nuisance. If you are invited, it is a different matter. You have a 1001 places to meet sinners like you. Even Paul fled in a basket for his life.

Such people have no biblical example or scriptural justifications for careless behaviour. If you drive at 240km/hr and get home, we will thank God for your safe journey but caution your recklessness.

Being reckless or careless is not taking the bull by the horn in the sense that you mean it. If God tells Adeboye to do it(which is most unlikely), he would do it with utmost care. He would have all the security apparatus in the country involved. He would likely do it in a stadium or closed place where entry and exit is observable. They would search every participant and every car etc. They would not be careless about it.. He would have a thousand military men between the podium and the people.

Just like you, your father the devil told Jesus to be reckless so as to take the headline. He was more sensible than the devil, and all christians should be. Your continued clamor for stupidity will not work. The Bible does not enjoin us to be stupid but circumspect. There is no hero in stupidity. When they came to arrest Jesus, ALL the disciples fled. The one that tried to be stupid was rebuked by Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 17, 2020
Nooil:

Uncle, if you lack understanding, ask God to give it to you, because right now, you're irritating me with your level of understanding. And for the rest gibberish you spilled, don't expect me to address them. I have stated my belief, you can go ahead with yours. Good day.

Re: Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 17, 2020
KevUnique:
Hello there. I saw your question to me about my age but I was unable to quote and reply you. Guess what, It seems I have been banned by the admin. Now, that to me is also how Satan operates. It was not like I even made any bad comments to earn a ban, or am I missing something here? This is my first ban experience.
Away from that, you have something inside you that my spirit detected. I want you to try get accross to me this evening. I am going to drop my phone number here for you to reach me through. Pls ma'am kindly oblige. I want to ask you something. Here- 0 seven 0 4 5 3 4 7 5 0 5 I had to decode it before the mods will block me even here too. Try to give me a call. Won't take much of your time.

Ok, I will

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Trinity / Procrastination: The Thief of Time - (A Personal Tribute to Bimbo Odukoya) / Thou Shall Not Question Thy God. But Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.