Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,031 members, 7,807,055 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? (97128 Views)

I Impregnated A Girl I Don't Love. Anyone In My Shoes? / What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by gracevile: 1:28pm On Jul 07, 2020
grin this ur story get as e be, first and foremost i know u want people to advice u to get a divorce so u could marry that girl whose education is top notch and one u will feel good carrying up and down without any form of embarrassment . My brother if u want that your marriage to be beautiful it will be forget that girl outside and what people are saying block them off completely wen u do that successfully i will give you the rest of the steps to follow.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by umarshehu58(m): 1:39pm On Jul 07, 2020
That is very good. So you be wan chop run ba? God don catch U

I am happy for you sha! I am very sure when your friend want to do what you did, you will be the one to advice him and even give him example of how you ruined your own marriage life. Goodluck
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by meobizy(f): 1:40pm On Jul 07, 2020
There is no way this guy can claim he never loved the female unless she raped him. I know very well I always had an infatuation stage with a female before bedding her. If I didn’t, I built it eventually. Okay, there was this one time my guys arranged me a sex partner, but I wasn’t stupid enough to impregnate her. Try and find that infatuation stage again. You’re an adult and should take responsibility for your actions.

If it was a woman you loved originally, you’ll still reach this stage where both of you become cellmates under one roof. Nothing lasts forever especially physical attraction.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by dalass(f): 1:41pm On Jul 07, 2020
sylve11:
You're in for a long thing.
In the hay days when you're telling her you loved her just to spread her like bedsheet on top a sheet, so you're telling lies, isn't it? sad

I will not say much because If you nor know how song take start make you no go hurry dance put, before you go dance GARALA inside ASONTO.... cool

Funny die
. but true talk grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by romeorailss: 1:47pm On Jul 07, 2020
bukatyne:

Brother Ollins,

If this lady is as terrible as this, how were you able to get an erection to stick it into her?

How did you start the toasting to get her into your bed and arms?

The same magic you worked to get her pregnant, use it again.

It is in you like peak!

Why do people always equate sex to love and acceptance, little wonder so many baby mamas are in town .

That a guy sleeps with you does not mean he wants to marry you or loves you .

The earlier most women underatnd this, the better it would be for all .

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by UjuJoan2: 1:49pm On Jul 07, 2020
Ybaby:

Ssssshhhh grin grin grin grin

I didn't want to say so too..... but I believe he was part of the buffet .... fear woman grin grin grin but when he said Yoruba girl....sigh! She may have been waiting true true...
Yoruba girls can wait. (I am Yoruba but mo to ja)

Really? Wow!

I never knew Yoruba girls were that way oh . . . . no wonder they see Igbo girls as wild! grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by steveekeoma(m): 1:50pm On Jul 07, 2020
ollins:
Let me cut the story short. Had a fling with this girl, along the line she got pregnant. You know all that talk of "if you could sleep with her, then you must marry her" "if you got her pregnant then you must marry her", Iooking back now, I wished I hadn't listened to all those voices.

I knew in my heart that I didn't love her, even she knew but the pressure from the family was too much, I had to marry her. On my marriage day I was practically crying within me. Divorce

Her character is just opposite of all I wanted in a woman, she's barely educated, loud and loquacious.

That's my cross I am carrying today, stuck in a loveless marriage.

The warmth and Romance is absent from our home, we have not had intimacy since beginning of the year till now, we just have no interest anymore in each other. We are just living together for the sake of our child.

My question now is how does one cope�? Is this how I am going to live the rest of my life?
Divorce if your not happy in the marriage
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by dalass(f): 1:52pm On Jul 07, 2020
J111333:
Thing is you ain't making no effort to love your wife because if you would, you could.

Love doesn't fall from heaven, it is grown. She is your wife man, make some efforts to love her and if you truly can't then go for divorce now that you still have one kid.

The OP is already sticking it into another feline as we speak. The same konji that didn't see class in the wife before being intimate with her all of a sudden can't near her anymore.

He's already deceiving another lady. If not for the family and the girl that got pregnant, he will just be using and dumping em all.... Sharp family members, they know him.. They only wanted him to settle down and stop chasing Toto upandan. Now he wants to be free to continue his sexual recklessness
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by veave(f): 1:58pm On Jul 07, 2020
Chigold101:
I actually had to quote you because I am replying to your advice to the guy.

Talking of murder, who told you that the lady won't murder the guy if he leaves her now after making her a mother, she probably didn't plan for?

What mess is more than a guy getting a woman involuntary pregnant?

As much as I understood in this post, the woman is not the problem, the guy is. He should stop looking at other side thinking it's greener and build his home.

That's the simplest thing for him to do.

I really do not understand you. Wait, Pregnancy is a mess? Wow!!! Guess I don't need to have any sort of conversation with you. Our thinking caps are not facing the same directions. Bye.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 1:59pm On Jul 07, 2020
Chigold101:
if he is sincere he will tell you he still wants to fuc.k around.
He doesn't want to settle down yet.
Or he is looking at other grasses he considers Greener, which in actuality is not.

The problem is from the guy... Simple
nawa oo
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by dalass(f): 1:59pm On Jul 07, 2020
Brightgem:
I stopped reading. Na God catch you. It's just sad you'll bring in a child to your mess.

Sleeping with who you don't want to live your real life with and now forming stuck in a loveless marriage.

He's a foolish somebody
No precaution against her getting pregnant by not using any contraceptives. He wanted to turn her to "after one' while he continues his mission of testing all female species in town.... God catch am grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Ybaby: 2:03pm On Jul 07, 2020
UjuJoan2:

Really? Wow!

I never knew Yoruba girls were that way oh . . . . no wonder they see Igbo girls as wild! grin

Unfortunately they are - they love pass disney movie
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Stubborn82: 2:26pm On Jul 07, 2020
Just train her how you want her to be, women are flexible they can easily bend to how we make them, though it might not be easy in the beginning especially when she got many friends.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by elyonchee(f): 2:57pm On Jul 07, 2020
ollins:
Let me cut the story short. Had a fling with this girl, along the line she got pregnant. You know all that talk of "if you could sleep with her, then you must marry her" "if you got her pregnant then you must marry her", Iooking back now, I wished I hadn't listened to all those voices.

I knew in my heart that I didn't love her, even she knew but the pressure from the family was too much, I had to marry her. On my marriage day I was practically crying within me.

Her character is just opposite of all I wanted in a woman, she's barely educated, loud and loquacious.

The warmth and Romance is absent from our home, we have not had intimacy since beginning of the year till now, we just have no interest anymore in each other. We are just living together for the sake of our child.

My question now is how does one cope�? Is this how I am going to live the rest of my life?
then file for a divorce and co-parent instead.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by mrchineke: 3:08pm On Jul 07, 2020
Brightgem:
Who is this one? Do you realize you just made a threat of killing someone? Just because you are on the internet you can talk as you like.

Anyways my life is not bound to be lost in the hands of another human being, because I'm also careful not take stupid decisions and I watch my company, so the day I will meet a demon like you who has the intention of killing, God will take you first to that 6ft under you so desire such that I never even get to know you existed. angry

Let everyone be responsible for their actions. You don't like a woman but can sleep with her recklessly to get pregnant and I should be sorry for the person? I don't waste my sympathies on nonsense.

Stories! Come and force marriage na!
I will look after my child but marriage because of pregnancy? Nbah nbah!
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by vickydevoka(m): 3:08pm On Jul 07, 2020
wacoj:
People need to understand something here. Sleeping with a girl doesn't necessarily mean you love her. The truth is that erection can direct attention wrongly. Why do you think that people regret after sleeping with a girl a times.
Mr. Poster, I understand how you feel. Some women are just not it especially after coming into your house as your wife. This is when you begin to see the real them in them.
I will advice you to work things out with her but if it isn't working, get a divorce. NEVER YOU HIT A WOMAN.
Wat if she hits u first
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by DexterousOne(m): 3:19pm On Jul 07, 2020
GIdiata:

don't mind their(WOMEN) HYPOCRISY. they(WOMEN) know. she's just trying to form SAVAGE and the "YOU GOT WHAT U DESERVED CREW"

99.99% of Women are wicked and MEAN only after REVENGE AND PAYBACK.

they don't know,
how come they have 2-3 boyfriends ( LOVE, SEX AND ATM)?
How come they date SUGAR DADDIES when they have a real boyfriend?

Well.....

Like I used to say

No matter how

A woman cam NEVER understand the psychology of men.

They will always see it from the lens of a woman
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by rofemiguwa(f): 3:21pm On Jul 07, 2020
Sit down n talk about it n let go. She must be so sad n so are you. Just end d suffering already

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by mrkings84(m): 3:40pm On Jul 07, 2020
ollins:

I knew in my heart that I didn't love her, even she knew but the pressure from the family was too much, I had to marry her. On my marriage day I was practically crying within me.

There's no guarantee that if u leave her for someone else that there's assurance of love and compatibility. Just develop love for each other, now that u guys know urself very well, u can help each other build a lovable spouse.

The saying goes, for better for worse....
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Casemiro(m): 4:15pm On Jul 07, 2020
ollins:

Op, are you legally married, like did you do wedding?

I can give you advice though on how to make things work out if you still want to stay.

Please which month and day where you born, and what about her.

NOTE: I am not asking about the year, just the month and day. For example, 12 March, June 19, etc.

Hope you get the drift?
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Raylight2(m): 4:16pm On Jul 07, 2020
donbachi:
I rather marry 10 times,than die in one..their is no coping in hell,no amendments,no repentance...u just stay there and burn.
nice quote
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by GIdiata(m): 4:36pm On Jul 07, 2020
DexterousOne:

Well.....

Like I used to say

No matter how

[s]A woman cam NEVER understand the psychology of men.
[/s]
They will always see it from the lens of a woman

They have to start understanding ooo. BECAUSE SOME US(MEN) HAVE MOVED PASS THAT MENTAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL ENSLAVEMENT. WE DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE POPULAR SLANG

"LEAVE AM NA WOMAN"

NOTHING LIKE THAT IN OUR DICTIONARY.

when men Bleep up, they call for our HEAD and when they do the WORLD expect CONSIDERATION shocked (na woman na so Dem be) Bleep DAT SHIT cool
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:46pm On Jul 07, 2020
kalufelix:
cheesy.. Op thunder fire you there.. So you haven't heard about condom before.. Which village are you from.. When you dey do am e dey sweet you.. You dey go raw dey cum inside her. God don catch you.. Better love your wife teach her and groom her.. You might be surprised what she will develop into tomorrow. As for you brownjay i never get word for you now...

NL donkeys never fail... oya OP, go and suffer for the rest of your miserable life, like the kalufelix of this world.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by franchasng: 4:47pm On Jul 07, 2020
Preciouschinwe:
you go fear advice now, na wa oo
cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by kalufelix(m): 5:28pm On Jul 07, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

NL donkeys never fail... oya OP, go and suffer for the rest of your miserable life, like the kalufelix of this world.
In the thread about a guy that slapped and flogged his girlfriend with belt...i got a witness about your well written jargons of a comment littered all over the place.. So i'm relaxed now... When you keep saying 'walk away' in situations of an abuse disaffection or dissatisfaction...it shows how immature and naive you still are. I know everyone is entitled to their stup!d opinion...but don't be too quick to bare yours always... Learn boy! Learn!! You have alot of it to do.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:31pm On Jul 07, 2020
kalufelix:
In the thread about a guy that slapped and flogged his girlfriend with belt...i got a witness about your well written jargons of a comment littered all over the place.. So i'm relaxed now... When you keep saying 'walk away' in situations of an abuse disaffection or dissatisfaction...it shows how immature and naive you still are. I know everyone is entitled to their stup!d opinion...but don't be too quick to bare yours always... Learn boy! Learn!! You have alot of it to do.

any man should walk away from a nagging/insulting/disrespectful wife and live a happier life, rather than trying to beat her into changing.... only a clueless donkey would think you can change a nagging/insulting/disrespectful wife by beating her!

i guess we all know what type of abusive animal you are...
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Mariangeles(f): 5:48pm On Jul 07, 2020
Anyiamaka:

Be kind to retrain your wife. How has the marriage improved her personality? Is she really a better person before you married her or after your married her?
If she is uneducated, send her back to school and make her educated.
There is nothing wrong in being loud and loquacious so long as she is communicating intelligently.

You don't really have a burden, you just need to be more responsible. If your wife gets educated and starts working with good pay, respect go dey for each other.

Kind comments like yours sweeten my eyes cool

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by mozele(m): 5:55pm On Jul 07, 2020
ImaIma1:

I understand this perfectly. Men are visual. But whether or not they are in their right senses, they thought it over and decided to go ahead with it, damning the consequences. So whatever eventualities come, they have to take it well. Because the men that decide to resist and use their head instead of their genitals don't have 4 heads.

Lol. I totally agree with you on that one Ma'm!

Self-discipline they say, is also a virtue.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Mariangeles(f): 5:57pm On Jul 07, 2020
franchasng:
Forget love, there is nothing like romantic love, the truth is, she is not your spec when it comes to physical beauty.

But I want to advice you as a guy that married one of the most beautiful career lady with amazing character who happened to be my friend before we married.

Brother, after few years of marriage or even few months, your wife's body will not be tempting and inviting to you like before when you first met her.

So its not about love or anything, it is how most if not all men are wired, but men love to tell lies to women and to themselves to make them feel good, they will pretend like their wife is still appealing to them like when they first met, na lie!!

Marriage is not about sex or romance, don't let people deceive you with their lies of how they still have sex or romance with their partners na lie!!

After few years of marriage, most marriages no longer rely on sex, couple might go months without sex no matter how sexy the wife maybe, its normal for most exposed and balling men not to feel the urge again because if your game is tight as a man, you easily get bored of things - be it food, woman, etc....u get tired of one thing too easily, unless your game is not tight then u stick to one thing out of no choice.

Haven't you wondered why almost all rich men have mistresses and concubines Haven't you ever wondered why Bible said it will be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter heaven Women matter is one of the reasons.

What am I saying

Even if u married your dream woman like me, believe me, u wouldn't have been fvcking her every now and then like u feel right now, u will be bored of her, she would be naked and u won't feel anything.

What will keep u guys going are your lovely kids, your life goals; financial goals being chased together and met, projects, career and business growth targets and discussions.

Only poor people sustain their marriage with sex! Reason they make too many babies!!

Only poor men fvck their wife everyday or every week because they have no other job or option....that their ekuke mgbeke wife they see everyday is their only diamond, they don't travel much to see sexy supermodels, so their wife remains their supermodel that once they see her they spread her legs like Aboki mat angry

Focus on your life goals, help your wife develop a career path or a business or sellable handwork and start planning and executing together action plans to help her grow in her career or business or handwork and you will begin to cherish her.

Remove your mind from sex. Even if u married Kim Kardashian, u will still get tired of fvcking her and will most likely cheat on her with one village chick or lower class girl, that's how men are.

If you feel the urge to fvck, u are free to get a mistress that meets your sexual and physical spec but make sure u are buoyant financially.
Nwunye gi ahushiele anya biko!

Your wife don suffer abeg! Wetin? Ahn ahn!
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by gwama2: 6:15pm On Jul 07, 2020
Among the Indian Indians where 95% of marriages are arranged, they say that their marriages are like water that is put on fire to boil, at the beginning, the water is cold, it is necessary to fan the flame so that water can heat up and finally boil. Take inspiration from this kind of marriage and you will succeed. cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Unnerve: 6:28pm On Jul 07, 2020
Babaken:
let me ask this question can you marry someone that's not attracted to you sexually.
No
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by MrLankeeee(m): 6:28pm On Jul 07, 2020
It’s not too late to call it quit bro cos u fit go use anger kill another person PIKIN ooo.

Leave the marriage and be free

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Woman Dumps Her Husband Over Short Manhood / Why Did Slain Usifo Ataga Cheat On Pretty Wife Brenda Ataga? / What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.