Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,429 members, 7,808,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? (97144 Views)

I Impregnated A Girl I Don't Love. Anyone In My Shoes? / What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Unnerve: 8:23pm On Jul 06, 2020
bukatyne:

I very well understand that men have an opportunist mentalist towards sex and will sleep with any girl willing to.

It takes a man who is assertive and visionary by training, self-awareness/discovery or religion to overcome that impulse.

Cc: Geng

True, & takes us back to that thread about men learning to say NO to sex even if offered on a platter.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Unnerve: 8:27pm On Jul 06, 2020
bukatyne:

A contrary opinion does not necessarily mean judging neither is pointing out cause and Effect. I also think you should take your own advise.

You did not extend this sympathy to the OP you quoted because he is male.

Just how the lady could make a mistake because she did not 'know better', it did not occur to you that the guy narrating the story could also have made mistakes because he did not 'know any better'?
Lol

Corgito ergo sum VERSUS Sentio ergo sum

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by bukatyne(f): 8:29pm On Jul 06, 2020
Unnerve:

True, & takes us back to that thread about men learning to say NO to sex even if offered on a platter.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

100%

Is this when I upload an applauding meme.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by kkins25(m): 8:31pm On Jul 06, 2020
Ishilove:
I
^^
This here is someone who did not allow his preek think for him.

Brother Ollins, be like CsRockefeller
but his tribalism is a greater evil than his Brain

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Mariangeles(f): 8:35pm On Jul 06, 2020
bukatyne:

A contrary opinion does not necessarily mean judging neither is pointing out cause and Effect. I also think you should take your own advise.

You did not extend this sympathy to the OP you quoted because he is male.

Just how the lady could make a mistake because she did not 'know better', it did not occur to you that the guy narrating the story could also have made mistakes because he did not 'know any better'?

How so please?
That I put it to him straightforward based on his initial narrative? I am not the type to beat around the bush you know that.
It was good of him to clarify too.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by cococandy(f): 8:36pm On Jul 06, 2020
Unnerve:

I don't know if many women will agree with you here, lol.

It’s the internet. Anyone can say what they like but in real life we know many women have sex just for the sake of it. No love involved. No money involved.

but yes, it just is and I never did imply it was something to be proud of as a man as I'm sure you did not either despite your caveat.

Maybe you didn’t mean to imply it but it’s all too common for men to use their “biology“ as excuse to be layabouts. And smugly tell you as a woman that you don’t understand. But when you do understand as a woman and can accurately express the same tendencies as they do, then it’s not your biology that to blame. You’re just a slut grin

Like how all Nigerian girls are sluts but the boys they are having sex with aren’t. For the boys it’s their biology at fault. grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Unnerve: 8:43pm On Jul 06, 2020
cococandy:

It’s the internet. Anyone can say what they like but in real life we know many women have sex just for the sake of it. No love involved. No money involved.
Do you, or rather, did you?

Maybe you didn’t mean to imply it but it’s all too common for men to use their “biology“ as excuse to be layabouts. And smugly tell you as a woman that you don’t understand. But when you do understand as a woman and can accurately express the same tendencies as they do, then it’s not your biology that to blame. You’re just a slut grin

Like how all Nigerian girls are sluts but the boys they are having sex with aren’t. For the boys it’s their biology at fault. grin
Oh well
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by bukatyne(f): 8:43pm On Jul 06, 2020
Mariangeles:

How so please?
That I put it to him straightforward based on his initial narrative? I am not the type to beat around the bush you know that.
It was good of him to clarify too.

Put what straightforward to him?

Was he dealing with a baby who had no control over her emotions or time?

So what if they slept together out of 'not knowing better?'

Just how you were able to make allowances for the babe, make allowances for him too.

If you can't make same allowance for the dude because he 'naturally' has to know better, then you are 'infantalizing' the lady.

7 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Mariangeles(f): 8:53pm On Jul 06, 2020
bukatyne:

Put what straightforward to him?

Was he dealing with a baby who had no control over her emotions or time?

So what if they slept together out of 'not knowing better?'

Just how you were able to make allowances for the babe, make allowances for him too.

If you can't make same allowance for the dude because he 'naturally' has to know better, then you are 'infantalizing' the lady.

First of all, who approached who?
Secondly, immediately he found out she was Yoruba and could not date her, why did he not move on instead of leading her on and letting her grow feelings for him? She wasn't good enough to date but good enough to be friend zoned?

Hanty Bukky e wo, emi o l'agbara lati lo siwaju ati eyin bayi o e joo cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by cococandy(f): 8:53pm On Jul 06, 2020
Unnerve:

Do you, or rather, did you?

Oh well

Doesn’t matter what I say on here. It won’t change what’s true for all the world’s female population.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by kkins25(m): 8:57pm On Jul 06, 2020
ollins:
Let me cut the story short. Had a fling with this girl, along the line she got pregnant. You know all that talk of "if you could sleep with her, then you must marry her" "if you got her pregnant then you must marry her", Iooking back now, I wished I hadn't listened to all those voices.
I knew in my heart that I didn't love her, even she knew but the pressure from the family was too much, I had to marry her. On my marriage day I was practically crying within me.
Her character is just opposite of all I wanted in a woman, she's barely educated, loud and loquacious.
That's my cross I am carrying today, stuck in a loveless marriage.
The warmth and Romance is absent from our home, we have not had intimacy since beginning of the year till now, we just have no interest anymore in each other. We are just living together for the sake of our child.
My question now is how does one cope�? Is this how I am going to live the rest of my life?
very ridiculous amd i have no smpathy for you. Uou deserve it.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by armyofone(m): 8:58pm On Jul 06, 2020
How did you have a fling with someone you don't love ? How do you have sex with someone you don't love ? You managed to do both with your eyes wide opened, I'm sure. After you done chop finish, you come see clearly?
Forget "loquaciousness" and focus on building your family.

ollins:
Let me cut the story short. Had a fling with this girl, along the line she got pregnant. You know all that talk of "if you could sleep with her, then you must marry her" "if you got her pregnant then you must marry her", Iooking back now, I wished I hadn't listened to all those voices.
I knew in my heart that I didn't love her, even she knew but the pressure from the family was too much, I had to marry her. On my marriage day I was practically crying within me.
Her character is just opposite of all I wanted in a woman, she's barely educated, loud and loquacious.
The warmth and Romance is absent from our home, we have not had intimacy since beginning of the year till now, we just have no interest anymore in each other. We are just living together for the sake of our child.
My question now is how does one cope�? Is this how I am going to live the rest of my life?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by bukatyne(f): 8:59pm On Jul 06, 2020
Mariangeles:

First of all, who approached who?
Secondly, immediately he found out she was Yoruba and could not date her, why did he not move on instead of leading her on and letting her grow feelings for him? She wasn't good enough to date but good enough to be friend zoned?

Hanty Bukky e wo, emi o l'agbara lati lo siwaju ati eyin bayi o e joo cheesy

The guy controls her feelings too? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked He must be a 'strong' man. grin

You know how many guys are been friend-zoned and we blame them for making themselves easily accessible to a woman not emotionally available to him.

Keep 'infantalizing her' biko: she has no control of her choices, feelings, reactions, relationships etc.

7 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Unnerve: 9:27pm On Jul 06, 2020
cococandy:

Doesn’t matter what I say on here. It won’t change what’s true for all the world’s female population.
But it does matter, no?
I mean considering that I'm simply trying to understand if you formed that opinion because it's something you did personally.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by cococandy(f): 9:37pm On Jul 06, 2020
Unnerve:

But it does matter, no?
I mean considering that I'm trying to understand if you have that opinion because it's something you did personally, or because you know some chics who did it and told you about it.

What matters is whether it’s true or not. Not whether I did it too or not. Maybe I’m not interested in sharing that much information. Who knows?

Me and a few chics I know are not enough of a population sample to determine if the truth for all women depends on our personal experiences.
You’re just curious for your own self .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by ImaIma1(f): 9:37pm On Jul 06, 2020
bukatyne:

Awon Linda Ikeji geng!

cheesy You don't know "sex happened" too, from drolufunmilayo on Twitter
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Unnerve: 9:45pm On Jul 06, 2020
cococandy:

What matters is whether it’s true or not. Not whether I did it too or not. Maybe I’m not interested in sharing that much information. Who know?

Me and a few chics I know are not enough of a population sample to determine if the truth for all women depends on our personal experiences.
You’re just curious for your own self.
Obviously.

Well whatever you say.

I just wish I had met more women like those whom you say can have sex without developing love and forming attachments to me. My single days would have been so much less complicated, lol.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by millionboi(m): 10:05pm On Jul 06, 2020
ollins:

u are sufferin from inferiority

Just send her to school

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 06, 2020
That is your cross to carry, my dear friend.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Lexusgs430: 10:05pm On Jul 06, 2020
ollins:

Ever heard this word 'Divorce'?.....
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by sharon37o8(f): 10:07pm On Jul 06, 2020
ollins:

Since no one wants to say it I'd say it

Quit...... You are hurting her by sticking around loveless
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by vasco01(m): 10:07pm On Jul 06, 2020
Mumu
Wetin you see for her body before we you go enter her London?

You don already buy market

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by oyewale0001(m): 10:07pm On Jul 06, 2020
It is well.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Seniorwriter(m): 10:07pm On Jul 06, 2020
bukatyne:

Brother Ollins,

If this lady is as terrible as this, how were you able to get an erection to stick it into her?

How did you start the toasting to get her into your bed and arms?

The same magic you worked to get her pregnant, use it again.

[b][/b]It is in you like peak!

MAD O
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by dvkot(m): 10:07pm On Jul 06, 2020
ImaIma1:
I guess sex happened or she just fell pregnant.

If not, why get intimate with someone you can't seem to stand.
i wonder too.. Y'all can just stick your cane into any hole but you can't spend your life with her. Im probably sure you told her you love her before getting her pregnant

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by UjuJoan2: 10:07pm On Jul 06, 2020
Ybaby:

I beg to differ.

After reading that story, the only other thing he could have done is to beat her with a stick like fulani guide their cows.
She acted very malu-like with little dignity.

The hand writing was on th wall. I applaud him for not sleeping with her because then I will say he took advantage.

He enjoyed being the center of her world and only God should be the center of our world.

She is probably very young and na so young dey do- she has not learnt to value herself above all others ... but he did nothing wrong in my opinion. @csrockefellar

That's if she was truly even waiting for him. He has probably been her plan B, C or even D all these while.

So a woman will just stay and be waiting patiently for a man she has never met for four good years. Odiegwu.

cheesy cheesy

Let him be there deceiving himself.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Brightgem(f): 10:08pm On Jul 06, 2020
I stopped reading. Na God catch you. It's just sad you'll bring in a child to your mess.

Sleeping with who you don't want to live your real life with and now forming stuck in a loveless marriage.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 06, 2020
Divorce her.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by ayenale1(m): 10:09pm On Jul 06, 2020
That your cross bro, carry am heavy or not carry am.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by lisa286: 10:09pm On Jul 06, 2020
The caption of this topic on the front page sha...
So "gossipy" that I couldn't help but click...

Morale of the story: Try as much as possible to only have sex with those who fit your ideal mate in terms of character, looks and personality... It might make the pill easier to swallow if garri decide to pass water...

Cos do will everly be done. Some people can't abstain
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Kobicove(m): 10:09pm On Jul 06, 2020
ollins:
Let me cut the story short. Had a fling with this girl, along the..

We are just living together for the sake of our child.

Just damn the consequences and get a divorce

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by frozen70(f): 10:11pm On Jul 06, 2020
ollins:

Love builds over time in a relationship, but it seems there is no hope for love to build in this case

It's time you let your family know that it's not working and it never worked but because of the pregnancy, you thought it will work due to pressure

Your family will arrange and meet her family and settle how she and the baby will be cared of by you

If you think you can't go for the above for reasons best known to you
Rearrange your mind to accept her the way she is

It's all about the mind set

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Woman Dumps Her Husband Over Short Manhood / Why Did Slain Usifo Ataga Cheat On Pretty Wife Brenda Ataga? / What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.