Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? (97149 Views)

I Impregnated A Girl I Don't Love. Anyone In My Shoes? / What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Kennyolawumi(m): 10:11pm On Jul 06, 2020
Let her go.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by SexytorresE(f): 10:11pm On Jul 06, 2020
Go play away match na grin
ollins:
Let me cut the story short. Had a fling with this girl, along the line she got pregnant. You know all that talk of "if you could sleep with her, then you must marry her" "if you got her pregnant then you must marry her", Iooking back now, I wished I hadn't listened to all those voices.

I knew in my heart that I didn't love her, even she knew but the pressure from the family was too much, I had to marry her. On my marriage day I was practically crying within me.

Her character is just opposite of all I wanted in a woman, she's barely educated, loud and loquacious.

That's my cross I am carrying today, stuck in a loveless marriage.

The warmth and Romance is absent from our home, we have not had intimacy since beginning of the year till now, we just have no interest anymore in each other. We are just living together for the sake of our child.

My question now is how does one cope�? Is this how I am going to live the rest of my life?
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Hndrrxxx(m): 10:12pm On Jul 06, 2020
cut the mohfuxkin bi$ch off undecided undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 06, 2020
Divorce her
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by rigarmortis: 10:13pm On Jul 06, 2020
bukatyne:

Brother Ollins,

If this lady is as terrible as this, how were you able to get an erection to stick it into her?

How did you start the toasting to get her into your bed and arms?

The same magic you worked to get her pregnant, use it again.

It is in you like peak!

an erect dikc has no conscience.

secondly, do you know what the head of the dikc is very soft?,,,,,simple. its because inside the head of the dikc, there is no brain, not a single brain cell.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Elgaxton(m): 10:14pm On Jul 06, 2020
ollins:
Let me cut the story short. Had a fling with this girl, along the line she got pregnant. You know all that talk of "if you could sleep with her, then you must marry her" "if you got her pregnant then you must marry her", Iooking back now, I wished I hadn't listened to all those voices.

I knew in my heart that I didn't love her, even she knew but the pressure from the family was too much, I had to marry her. On my marriage day I was practically crying within me.

Her character is just opposite of all I wanted in a woman, she's barely educated, loud and loquacious.

The warmth and Romance is absent from our home, we have not had intimacy since beginning of the year till now, we just have no interest anymore in each other. We are just living together for the sake of our child.

My question now is how does one cope�? Is this how I am going to live the rest of my life?

Ephesians 5: 25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

...not marry the woman you love.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by loadedvibes: 10:14pm On Jul 06, 2020
When them go say shealth una rod una go say no. Ogbeni yes this is how you would live your life for ever
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by lisa286: 10:14pm On Jul 06, 2020
Kobicove:

Just damn the consequences and get a divorce

Cos till death do us part is still far o.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by vinixxx(m): 10:14pm On Jul 06, 2020
U never hear of "baby mama".
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by golddare: 10:14pm On Jul 06, 2020
ollins:

Does she loves you? If yes, dont disturb yourself, grow your love, talk to her, develop her, groom her. My brother love is not as you think o, even those that married the one they loved now are telling stories o. Just pray about it and pray for her as well.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Asadujames202(m): 10:15pm On Jul 06, 2020
Bit(ches) ain't worth the stress of marriage

Blee(p) em ho((e)
Dump em
Jump onto the next one
Repeat the above

Bit(ches) should be lined up as baby mamas

99% of Nigerian girls are Asha((wo)

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by stanliwise(m): 10:15pm On Jul 06, 2020
ollins:

You both can learn to love each other, but this decision must be from both of you. Against all odds, open the old drawer and pick up the divorce papers. If you don’t do this now, someday your frustration may take you to jail or her frustration may take you six feet below. A word is enough for the wise
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by NekkyCee(f): 10:16pm On Jul 06, 2020
I understand how you feel, but the marriage has come to be already. Try to focus on her good attributes, try spending time with her, gist about your likes and dislikes, interests and hobbies, buy her gifts and flowers if you can, maintain eye and physical contact when talking to her. In all these, try to give her space too. In little or no time, you just might fall in love. Above all , pray to God for your marriage. Pray together, Eat together, Bathe together etc.God can put scattered pieces together in no time. Just have faith and believe. All the best. smiley
ollins:

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 06, 2020
ollins:

chai! one chance stuff. I no dey like am
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Rossonero: 10:17pm On Jul 06, 2020
bukatyne:

Brother Ollins,

If this lady is as terrible as this, how were you able to get an erection to stick it into her?

It is in you like peak!
This one weak me oo. Funny but true..oya op start from where u started from.. grin
bukatyne:

Brother Ollins,

It is in you like peak!
This one weak me oo. Funny but true..oya op start from where u started from..

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by stanliwise(m): 10:17pm On Jul 06, 2020
Asadujames202:
Bit(ches) ain't worth the stress of marriage

Blee(p) em ho((e)
Dump em
Jump onto the next one
Repeat the above

Bit(ches) should be lined up as baby mamas

99% of Nigerian girls are Asha((wo)
And at the end of the day you end up with children all over the places. Children that can’t have your full attention. Children different baby mama will make a plot with to secure your possessions even before you die or they may even quicken the death. Marriage isn’t the solution I agree but there is no gain in reckless life. Live responsibly.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by jaggabban: 10:18pm On Jul 06, 2020
bukatyne:

Brother Ollins,

It is in you like peak!
You are a hypocrite. U know we guys sleep with girls we can never dream of loving.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by baby124: 10:18pm On Jul 06, 2020
She’s all these things but good enough to Bleep abi? Whatever made you enter that hole without protection despite all these can make you learn to love her. Love is a decision. You can make the effort to talk to her and brush her up since there is room for improvement
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Asadujames202(m): 10:18pm On Jul 06, 2020
cococandy:

It’s the internet. Anyone can say what they like but in real life we know many women have sex just for the sake of it. No love involved. No money involved.

Maybe you didn’t mean to imply it but it’s all too common for men to use their “biology“ as excuse to be layabouts. And smugly tell you as a woman that you don’t understand. But when you do understand as a woman and can accurately express the same tendencies as they do, then it’s not your biology that to blame. You’re just a slut grin

Like how all Nigerian girls are sluts but the boys they are having sex with aren’t. For the boys it’s their biology at fault. grin

Ho(e) talk

99% of Nigerian girls are Asha(w)o

Including ya

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Deoboss(m): 10:19pm On Jul 06, 2020
Love grows if you let it grow. Start picking interest in her after all if she was that bad you won’t near her or sleep with her in the first place.

Learn to tolerate & care for her as it starts from the mind. Within time you will see that you will get to like her but you need to start being friendly & intimate with her. Who told you all married couples love themselves?

You can be good friends & still make things work.

N.B
Next time don’t put what you can’t swallow in your mouth grin
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by ndcide(m): 10:20pm On Jul 06, 2020
ollins:

That's a lesson for those who put sex as a bases for marital / relationship decision.

How come the sex don't matter much again.

Fact: if you overcame the premarital sex trap, you would have scaled this situation.

That's if the story is true.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by flokii: 10:20pm On Jul 06, 2020
@Op how sure are you that the pregnancy is even yours in the first place. Any DNA proof?

Most of these young girls you see sleep with several men but look for the most comfortable with bright looking future to pin pregnancy on. You fvcked up

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by stanliwise(m): 10:21pm On Jul 06, 2020
baby124:
She’s all these things but good enough to Bleep abi? Whatever made you enter that hole without protection despite all these can make you learn to love her. Love is a decision. You can make the effort to talk to her and brush her up since there is room for improvement
I understand most men want to be reckless especially at youth age but I don’t think someone been advise to magically love someone is ok. If something like this is forced, it may lead to frustration and anything can happen. He said they haven’t had sex since this year began. Isn’t it a clear sign that things are really serious?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Ezennwa(m): 10:21pm On Jul 06, 2020
hmm!

Ndi Love.

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 06, 2020
bukatyne:

Put what straightforward to him?

Was he dealing with a baby who had no control over her emotions or time?

So what if they slept together out of 'not knowing better?'

Just how you were able to make allowances for the babe, make allowances for him too.

If you can't make same allowance for the dude because he 'naturally' has to know better, then you are 'infantalizing' the lady.

I almost almoooost agreed
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Saintly01(m): 10:22pm On Jul 06, 2020
You are really standing on a long thing.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:22pm On Jul 06, 2020
ollins:

abstinence, you no wan do!
use condom, you no wan do!
pull out technique, you no wan do!
tell the babe to go on the pill, you no wan do!
morning after pill, you no wan do!
abortion, you no wan do!
give the baby up for adoption, you no wan do!

now you come to NL with sob stories?!??! why dont you go tell that story to the family who forced you to marry that stranger?!

any smart man will just divorce that woman and face the consequences, rather than being miserable for the rest of his natural life, but helas, a "man" you are not.

just wait, some clueless donkeys like Kalufelix will come and advise you to "hang in there"... lol!

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by konkonbilo(m): 10:23pm On Jul 06, 2020
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by marttol: 10:23pm On Jul 06, 2020
judedwriter:

Naturally, we fall in love with people we spend quality time with. It's natural, that's why friends are for life, we want to spend eternity together. It's the same with your wife, spend more time with her and love will grow.

But God is love. His love is far superior and He fills our hearts with His love when we fellowship with Him in Bible study, prayers and praises. When we are filled with God's love, it is easy to love unlovable people.
oh my, you are right... when the love of God overshadows you... people will say trash and it wouldn't move you... oh I miss this love which passes all understanding... carnal men wouldn't understand what you write though... they are finding God with logic.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Ezennwa(m): 10:23pm On Jul 06, 2020
hmm!

Love is blind.

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by stanliwise(m): 10:25pm On Jul 06, 2020
ndcide:

That's a lesson for those who put sex as a bases for marital / relationship decision.

How come the sex don't matter much again.

Fact: if you overcame the premarital sex trap, you would have scaled this situation.

That's if the story is true.
It isn’t easy to do o. In my place it must be a war of tooth and nails for one to impregnate a girl and not marry her. I know of someone who did so but he had such a thick skin that even bullets couldn’t penetrate. Although they free am sha because I think he isn’t so rich after all and he is not really too responsible. So different cultures has different mode of operation o. Although I advise any man to take responsibility for his action and not let people force him to become overly responsible.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by baby124: 10:27pm On Jul 06, 2020
stanliwise:
I understand most men want to be reckless especially at youth age but I don’t think someone been advise to magically love someone is ok. If something like this is forced, it may lead to frustration and anything can happen. He said they haven’t had sex since this year began. Isn’t it a clear sign that things are really serious?
He is like that because he thinks he was forced against his will. If this girl had aborted he will go back and be bleeping her. He just does not want to be responsible or did not see himself getting married so soon. He can make the decision to make it work. He’s just resentful that all. The crying inside on his wedding days speaks clearly of that grin.

Sex comes with a lot of responsibilities and our young men need to know that. If you don’t want a lifetime of sorrow from STD or a lifetime of expense of a child, use a CONDOM! Will you be happy if someone did this to your daughter and comes up with these useless excuses? He could has escaped his self created problem with a 100 naira condom pere! Do you realize how cheap that is?

Sex is for adults willing to take responsibility of whatever comes out of their sexual encounters. He has shown us he’s a big boy and a man that can even impregnate. He should make the effort to make his marriage work. I have not seen anything bad about the woman that they cannot work together to have a good marriage.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Woman Dumps Her Husband Over Short Manhood / Why Did Slain Usifo Ataga Cheat On Pretty Wife Brenda Ataga? / What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.