Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

"Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? (35027 Views)

JAPA: Marry Your Man Before Coming To The UK - Nigerian Lady Advises / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? / Lady Mocks Her Friend Who Is Childless After 2 Years Of Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by bukatyne(f): 7:08pm On Jul 06, 2020
Ketone01:
your friend is the enemy of your enemy

100% o jare!
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by chigoizie7(m): 7:09pm On Jul 06, 2020
HembaqMbk:
Marriage counsellors keep advising singles to always marry their friends. My question is - who really is your "Friend" ?. I believe answer to this question will help us understand all these "Marry your friend" preaching.

See thread where such advice was give - https://www.nairaland.com/5971268/marry-best-friend-bishop-chris

Please I implore married men and women on this forum to tell us what it means to marry your friend and who your friend is in the context of marriage.

Thanks.

They are correct, but the question is, are they really your friends? Or are they pretending to your friends?
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 06, 2020
Truth be told, there is no marriage that is trouble or separation proof. What keeps marriages is application of principles.
Marrying your friend is not a guarantee because I have seen best friends that turned out be worst enemies.
Principles that keep a happy home is love from the man and submission from the woman.
PST: when you want to marry look out for someone that will help you reach your dream. In other word a help-meet.

1 Like

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Komu1048(m): 7:28pm On Jul 06, 2020
Righteousness89:

Brother the condition of your heart is important..
See Jere 29:13
Is God Almighty Your Choice or just a Choice..

Discuss with BABA just as you talk to your father.
Let HIM know that you Depend Absolutely on HIM. it is HIS Choice or nothing..

Live Right!
Pray the right prayers! And Believe what you pray!
John 14:13-14, Mark 9:23, Mark 11:24

Be sensitive to his leading..

He could talk to you audibly
He could reveal to you by dreams / Visions
He could give u signal through the Holy Spirit in you.

Keep your mind fertile for God.. in Righteousness and holy living..

Read your Bible daily: this is one of the seasons of revelation

Pray always and be sensitive, his voice can come anytime..

I have been privileged to Hear the Audible 3 times in my entire life.

Other times it comes through dreams/revelations

Other times through his spirit in me..

Being sensitive is key! The Holy Spirit is as his name is. He is Holy! He does Stand sin!

Wow! Thanks for the insight. I’m very grateful. I believe I’m in right stand with him. The lady I’m with, we’ve been together since school time but I’m ready to take the real step but just want to be sure she’s the one. Trust I will revert once I see or hear from him while engaging ur quotation

1 Like

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by joseph1832(m): 7:37pm On Jul 06, 2020
Ishilove:

No need to have money like Dangote. Just pay my bride price and we will drink gari' together. Money is not everything cheesy
hian! This one na helele oh. grin
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Komu1048(m): 7:43pm On Jul 06, 2020
R u for real?

seanwilliam:
if you can handsomely pay me, I will help you to find God.. he go follow you talk
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 06, 2020
kever:

Much respect for your comment. The key word "found" is just wonderful.

We always want to throw everything to God, without doing anything else.

I also believe that, look for someone who will compliment and complete you, then put it to God and let Him make a way.

Thanks for your wisdom.

uwc
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
ndcide:

Does your definition mean "pursuing"?
yes u pursue too
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by ndcide(m): 8:36pm On Jul 06, 2020
alramon:

yes u pursue too

That's a narrow minded definition of "to Find"

It's a popular assumption but narrow minded.
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by bizzibodi(m): 8:36pm On Jul 06, 2020
If U tell a lady nowadays u just want to be her frd she will not like it she want bf who will spend on her & if u no pfuck her she go say u b impotent.
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 06, 2020
ndcide:

That's a narrow minded definition of "to Find"
It's a popular assumption but narrow minded.

ehn ehn elucidate please
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by HembaqMbk: 8:40pm On Jul 06, 2020
bizzibodi:
If U tell a lady nowadays u just want to be her frd she will not like it she want bf who will spend on her & if u no pfuck her she go say u b impotent.

Then leave her and find the one that will accept no sex. There are good girls with heart of gold out there....
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by seanwilliam(m): 9:42pm On Jul 06, 2020
Komu1048:

R u for real?

belike say u no one see God.. if you ready send the money I will help you
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by ndcide(m): 10:11pm On Jul 06, 2020
alramon:

ehn ehn
elucidate please

I see you are thirsty for water and point you to a dispenser and you got water to drink. Have you found water?

You are thirsty, and you move from house to house, shop to shop, chase hawkers and later you got water to buy. Have you found water?

Someone came visiting you and brought a pack of bottled water to your house. One day, you came home and there was no water to drink and you saw the pack of water someone brought before that day when you were not pressed for it. You took a bottle, drank and was full. Have you found water?

Elijah was at the brook and ravens brought food for him to eat. Didn't he find food to eat?

These analogy is deliberate because I want you to think it through. particularly giving your first quote to Righteousness89.

A lot of people have a wrong understanding of the definition of "Find a Wife" as recorded in that scripture. It's so because that's what some preachers teach. But then, take a second and look at it differently.

Righteousness89, made a valid point that you can build on.

I believe I've given you a foundation work on it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by kvngmaxy(m): 10:15pm On Jul 06, 2020
best friend
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 06, 2020
ndcide:

I see you are thirsty for water and point you to a dispenser and you got water to drink. Have you found water?

You are thirsty, and you move from house to house, shop to shop, chase hawkers and later you got water to buy. Have you found water?

Someone came visiting you and brought a pack of bottled water to your house. One day, you came home and there was no water to drink and you saw the pack of water someone brought before that day when you were not pressed for it. You took a bottle, drank and was full. Have you found water?

Elijah was at the brook and ravens brought food for him to eat. Didn't he find food to eat?

These analogy is deliberate because I want you to think it through. particularly giving your first quote to Righteousness89.

A lot of people have a wrong understanding of the definition of "Find a Wife" as recorded in that scripture. It's so because that's what some preachers teach. But then, take a second and look at it differently.

Righteousness89, made a valid point that you can build on.

I believe I've given you a foundation work on it.

alright sir
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by CosmicJames(m): 10:27pm On Jul 06, 2020
Righteousness89:

Keep Decieving yourself! You are the one who will feel it!
I think you are not getting it, or you are getting it wrong.

God doesn't give us a will so that he can choose for us. But the other way round.

God did not also ask us to ask Him to choose for us.

There is a principle or rule that govern Christian marriage.
This principle state that a Christian should a believer. He or she must not marry an unbeliever.
This rule is very clear.

I do not understand where you get your knowledge that God must or has to choose for us from?

Do you remember where God said and I quote: "I have set before you this day Life and Death?"

See, the duty to choose is ours and not God's.
And that's why God will judge humanity.

So when you are talking about God choosing for us, think again.

However, there seems to be a possibility of God choosing for us. But before that can happen, we must first deactivate or surrender our own will.

This statement doesn't suggest or mean that using our will to choose is a mistake or will be a mistake. Because God created us in full capacity to function and be successful.

All we need to do is to observe and follow lay down rules and principles by God.
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by bilulu(m): 10:58pm On Jul 06, 2020
ImaIma1:
Falling in love with your friend is awesome and makes life and marriage easier.

I am a beneficiary of this cheesy
After una don friendzone the guy, you will start telling him "you are like a brother to me", we can't start doing this na, I appreciate our friendship, you ladies rather give stranger than that friend because you don friendzone am
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by ImaIma1(f): 11:16pm On Jul 06, 2020
bilulu:

After una don friendzone the guy, you will start telling him "you are like a brother to me", we can't start doing this na, I appreciate our friendship, you ladies rather give stranger than that friend because you don friendzone am

The "una" you are referring to is not me. Because I did marry my long time friend.
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 06, 2020
undecided
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by DkJay: 1:06am On Jul 07, 2020
joseph1832:
One would think they're promoting homosexuality. Lol. Then again, hardly have I seen a man having a woman as his best friend and hardly have I seen a woman having a man as her best friend.

That's because all the ladies who and men who had each other as best friends are already happily married
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by bilulu(m): 3:33am On Jul 07, 2020
ImaIma1:

The "una" you are referring to is not me. Because I did marry my long time friend.
Lolz.... but i guess you do understand my point. They friendzone the one dey re supposed to date/marry and go for the one that will destroy their heart
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by SolarKing1: 6:04am On Jul 07, 2020
VirginFinder:
Enemy of progress, enemy of work of God and enemy God.
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by SweetCunt97(f): 6:41am On Jul 07, 2020
Righteousness89:
Before Marriage, seek God's Face for Direction. Very Important

As Humans, we are Extremely Limited..

God Speaks! God Directs! God Reveals! All you need is to seek Him with a Honest Heart!

Don't seek God Almighty with a Choice in mind! If not devil may also give u a dream...

I remember telling God years ago, that if I don't hear him, I won't Marry! I had so many people around me who were willing to marry me but my mind was made up.

Glory to God, He Gave me His Choice for me..

Hearing God eliminates Struggles! When things are looking funny, HE Shows up and fixes it because HE is only Committed to where He sends you!

It's what God Gives that He is committed to!
So you are married? The way you show up from thread to thread one would think otherwise
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by SweetCunt97(f): 6:42am On Jul 07, 2020
bilulu:

Lolz.... but i guess you do understand my point. They friendzone the one dey re supposed to date/marry and go for the one that will destroy their heart
Not all. You guys use this friendzone talk to guilt ladies into settling with u. Doesn't work that way bro

1 Like

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Ewaogo: 7:22am On Jul 07, 2020
Righteousness89:

If you claim God gave her to you, Go back to the God and tell him.

God I know Cannot direct you to her and you put you in a mess! It is impossible!!

Like Righteousness89 said, if God really directed you to her and you are sure, why don't you seek God's face, ask Him what the problem is. Where did you both get it wrong? God i know too will not say yes and say no after. Seek His face, remind Him that He was the one that led you in the first place and I am certain He is able to finish what He has started. Pray about the situation and I am sure you will get solution to the problem unless He did not lead you. Peace.

1 Like

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Ewaogo: 7:33am On Jul 07, 2020
delkuf:
See I don't want other to make this mistake. I prayed and I can say God directed me to her. but presently am regretting

Pray again. Seek God's face. Remind him that he directed you to her. He will reveal all you need to know and there will be solution. Unless he wasn't the one that led you. God is not a man that will lie nor a son of man that he will repent. Has he said it, will He not do it? Peace.
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by VirginFinder: 8:53am On Jul 07, 2020
SolarKing1:
Enemy of progress, enemy of work of God and enemy God.

How

1 Like

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by akaahs(m): 8:56am On Jul 07, 2020
tpraiz:

What about sex
Classify it under play grin >: grin

1 Like

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by ImaIma1(f): 8:58am On Jul 07, 2020
bilulu:

Not every friend can be converted to lover or husband status though. Feelings have to develop and the feelings have to be mutual. So if a friend remains a friend, it is not bad also.
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by VirginFinder: 9:13am On Jul 07, 2020
Righteousness89:

Hearing from GOD is not a feeling !

There is what u feel!

There is what u Hhear
There is what u know!
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by bukatyne(f): 9:14am On Jul 07, 2020
ImaIma1:

Ubiak? Unieghe ufan? Kuyadesit, Ka ke yem ake mfo.

Leave him.

When some people don't have something or can't relate with an experience, they start to project same on everyone else.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Extortion In The Name Of Aso Ebi / "Paralysed Stay-At-Home Husband Impregnates A Disabled Girl On His Street" / Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.