Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 (60149 Views)

Fire Outbreak At Imo Airport: DJ Barbie, Others Survive ( Video) / China Completes It's £9 Billion Mega Airport In Beijing After 4 Years (Photos) / How People Traveled To Onitsha Before The Construction Of The Niger Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Kenn55: 7:42pm On Jul 05, 2020
If as Nigerians, we exhibit this alarming hate among each other, why then should we expect a white man to love a black man. There seems to be no post on this forum that does not display chronic hatred among Nigerians. I won't be surprised if these people will be the first to judge a white man for racism. Too bad

3 Likes

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Kollysman1: 7:43pm On Jul 05, 2020
throwback when elites are politicians and politicians are elites

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by gwafaeziokwu: 7:44pm On Jul 05, 2020
I can see Joe Nwankwu, Ilodibe (ekenedilichukwu motors), peoples'club and many others.

Interestingly, this was not the only project carried out by community donation in Igboland. Enugu football Stadium still has the names of donors immortalised. And many of these men has their names on the honour roll.

Igbo Amaka. We love progress.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Chirowman(m): 7:45pm On Jul 05, 2020
Arysexy:
I can see Arthur Eze name there, 100k. This was more of Eastern project.

God bless Ndigbo. Igwebuike!

I guess those with + to their names are late now. God rest their souls
this one is Arthur Nzeribe of Awo-omamma former senator

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by chigoizie7(m): 7:47pm On Jul 05, 2020
GboyegaD:
Community project. If a few people perhaps with some support of the government could build airports back then, why do modern day government borrow outrageous amounts to renovate existing airports?

Nigerian billionaires can do morethan that. But the unaccounted ways our greedy politicians loot us will not make them do it.

I am from Anambra, but a young man wanted to construct a road leading to his home, he sought for government approval through one of the representatives, this very rep denied the guy from doing that road, instead he started bidding to allow the state government give him that as a constituency project, so that he will embezzle the funds. You see that sabotage by our greedy politicians?

For example if a good government that can account for every penny spent requested for helps by the general public, people will surely co tribute knowing that their funds are put into good use.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Arysexy(m): 7:47pm On Jul 05, 2020
GavelSlam:

You are quite observant.

No way in this world that document was made in that font in 1983.

Who said it was typed in 1983? Is that the purpose of this thread?

The list could have been typed at anytime, but does not make the names of the donors false

5 Likes

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Advocate500: 7:47pm On Jul 05, 2020
GboyegaD:
Community project. If a few people perhaps with some support of the government could build airports back then, why do modern day government borrow outrageous amounts to renovate existing airports?
word in a marble.
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Arysexy(m): 7:48pm On Jul 05, 2020
Chirowman:

Check again there is Arthur Eze on the list. No 49
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Chirowman(m): 7:49pm On Jul 05, 2020
when men has the spirit of giving.they will forever be remembered that's leaving a legacy may the soul of the departed rest in peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by grandstar(m): 7:49pm On Jul 05, 2020
ugo4u

Sound economic policies is what will unlock the potential of the country and not Igbos
The Chinese are also very entrepreneurial but under communist China, they became desperately poor. It was economic reforms that started in 1978 that made China what it is today.

Without Igbos, Nigeria can become an economic powerhouse. Botswana has no Igbos yet it is developed.

This does not devalue or take anything from the Igbos. They are very entrepreneurial and industrious

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Maobichek: 7:49pm On Jul 05, 2020
ugo4u:
To think that these people rose from the very ashes especially the demonic policy of £20, to embark on such gargantuan project only concretise the myth behind the Igbo man.
. God bless you for your ingenuity dear, it has not been easy but Igbos have survive and taking over, if you go to Fastac, VI, Chevron Estate, Lekki, etc you will be surprise. Also in Abj, Igbos we are doing very well, God bless Igbo Amen.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by GavelSlam: 7:50pm On Jul 05, 2020
Arysexy:

Who said it was typed in 1983? Is that the purpose of this thread?

The list could have been typed at anytime, but does not make the names of the donors false

Hmmm.

If it wasnt typed in 1983, why the figures in ink?

I also doubt such figures were being donated in 1983.

No vex.
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Phenom10101: 7:50pm On Jul 05, 2020
Please we should correct this nonsense. It was never a civil war, it was a genocide committed against the blessed people of Biafra by the Nigerian Cannibals called soldiers.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by ArticleBeast: 7:51pm On Jul 05, 2020
Simplyleo:

Which future generation?

Btw, where is lamidi cownu, the god of ipob miscreants?

I thought he has established biafuro embassies in 500 countries. undecided

Please keep quiet. You are sounding foolish. One could but imagine you being a father. What a pity

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by 2sexycom(m): 7:52pm On Jul 05, 2020
horsepower102:
I have been saying that if we igbos can come together and contribute money, we can build all the major infrastructures that Nigerian Government is denying us.

Op thanks for this thread.
There are plans underway bro...
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Advocate500: 7:52pm On Jul 05, 2020
That spirit of brotherliness is fast evaporating in today igboman,what we have now is group of selfish individuals whose personal interests superceded the interest of all.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by grandstar(m): 7:53pm On Jul 05, 2020
yanabasee1:

Because, as at 1983, Buhari was warming up to destroy the country's economy and pre-1983 the people had a better economy and a better welfare and less taxation...

Pre-1983, Nigeria was competing with US economy and had better currency exchange rate favourable to the black marketers across the country....

People could easily make donations without having to pay tax in the process...Unlike today's stamp duty charges and other transaction charges.......

The Nigerian economy then was already in crisis, very serious crisis
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Kingnelson9: 7:54pm On Jul 05, 2020
I love igbos so much !
their success are unimageable. If they could do this then imagine how biafraland could have been if they had succeded by nw.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by grandstar(m): 7:54pm On Jul 05, 2020
ChiefS:
I was a kid then. The fundraising was held at the Aba sports stadium. The patrotic efforts of the donors are quite commendable. I hawked pancake outside the stadium on that fateful Saturday with little hope of boarding an airplane. The rest is history. To God be the glory.

I like this. Kudos
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Advocate500: 7:55pm On Jul 05, 2020
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
Shut up
u will soon cry to the mod , I thank God non of the mod listen to u and ur like anymore.

5 Likes

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by bluefilm: 7:56pm On Jul 05, 2020
ugo4u:
To think that these people rose from the very ashes especially the demonic policy of £20, to embark on such gargantuan project only concretise the myth behind the Igbo man.

Before nko?

Igbo amaka.

2 Likes

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 05, 2020
ugo4u:

"myth" means something that isnt true. the word you are looking for is "legend"
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by ArcFresky(m): 7:56pm On Jul 05, 2020
ugo4u:

Ethiopia is building a $4.2 billion dollar dam using government money and donations from civil servants....

Although laudible, nothing mystifying about the igbo mam here

3 Likes

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by fjjc(m): 7:57pm On Jul 05, 2020
ugo4u:
A document that contains a comprehensive list of major donors for the construction of Sam Mbakwe airport in present day Imo state, as posted by Sam Hart, this is the only airport in Nigeria and the west African region to be built by the people. It is worthy of note that this was done barely 13years after the fraticidal Civil war that almost wiped out the economic power of the then eastern region. Honestly, the resilience, never die spirit and industry of the Igbo man ought to be studied and replicated across Nigeria. I buy into the school of thought that the Igbos have the key to unlock the economic potential of Nigeria.

This is a great piece of history. May our names be in the good books just like Mordecai when history is revisited.

https://mobile.twitter.com/hartng/status/1279719874282037251
Then let all bury our differences and come together as one people. If Igbo is seeking for presidency, they must assure everybody of good governance that devoid of nepotism.

2 Likes

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by bigpicture001: 7:57pm On Jul 05, 2020
Simplyleo:
But in 2020, na Buhari all of them dey shout upandan. undecided

Do u know you don't have sense..?

Go to skl u will not go.. What do u think is the message in the OP's narrative....

Plz stop disgracing your family
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by grandstar(m): 7:57pm On Jul 05, 2020
vanunu:

There was electric type writer back then, so stop saying what you don't know.

Are you sure?
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by majamajic(m): 7:57pm On Jul 05, 2020
Chirowman:

No 49 is arthur eze of ukpo , he owns trayax airline then , Arthur nzeribe never collect Fan ice cream money then I think

1 Like

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by MetaPhysical: 7:58pm On Jul 05, 2020
kolaaderin:
All fake documents, windows Microsoft word type setting in 1983. You can do us a favour and retype this in its accessible format as at 1983.

grin grin
Ibos invented text editor and used it ahead of the world. This 1983 document was typed in the legacy editor first used on a computer invented during biafran war.

Abeg, give my in-laws some slack. grin

3 Likes

Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Eaglesence: 7:59pm On Jul 05, 2020
The widows might of then made it to the historic list.

Oh God make be a contributor to life changing event. May I make a remarkable mark in history. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.
Re: Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 05, 2020
GboyegaD:
you are intelligent...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Our Govt Banned Dependents Visa For Nigerian Students – British High Comm. / 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? / Okada Man Overtaking A Tanker Involved In Accident In Lagos,1 Killed (Graphic Pi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.