Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

I Was Scam Online - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Was Scam Online (8651 Views)

How I Was Scam By My Facebook Lover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Scam Online by imdavid704(f): 11:55am On Jul 07, 2020
Op post her facebook username lets destroy her timeline, at least that's the little way we can help
Re: I Was Scam Online by QuinieR(f): 4:19pm On Jul 07, 2020
imdavid704:
Op post her facebook username lets destroy her timeline, at least that's the little way we can help

Attached is her Fb name
Thanks dear

Re: I Was Scam Online by Iceberg9496(m): 10:29pm On Jul 10, 2020
lefulefu:
as in ehn cheesy..some mumu some months ago was just sending messages to my facebook account trying to convince me to send money to him for some investments of sorts.said if i sent him 2k i will get 250k in less than 2 weeks time cheesy cheesy cheesy.wen i called him a scammer he was defending himself by saying he is married and a mother of four plus a pastor cheesy.u can imagine a guy pretending to be female and claiming to be mother of four cheesy.The desire for money can make some ppl do stupid things cheesy

Thats the extent pple can go to make money online, right nw boys aint smiling, almost all the boys in my street are into scamming, they tink its just to brainwash pple and loads of cash wil materialize 4rm thin air.. Shaa dat 1 dey, stil on stil na hustle bt make we no kuku fall 4 any yahoo yahoo..
Re: I Was Scam Online by Prof0fficial: 12:08am On Jul 11, 2020
buying online in Nigeria is not the same as abroad.

in Nigeria here after seeing what you like online....
Check for the location (consider a nearby location)
you- go for inspection
meet one on one at a public safe location
verify your goods
don't carry bulk cash (go cashless)

OR check for Pay on Delivery services
Re: I Was Scam Online by joey150(m): 12:15am On Jul 11, 2020
QuinieR:

I paid 12k for this particular wig,making it 13k plus delivery...she has a lot of wig starting frm 5k to 20k on her page..
Thanks for ur advice kiss

Go and call her out on her page so nobody else falls victim to the same scam.
Re: I Was Scam Online by ayinde2020: 8:02am On Jul 11, 2020
I was also scammed yesterday by a lady that said she sells female slippers, 30 pieces for #15000. plus delivery #1500 making #16500 but I told her I will pay half and balance up when I got my good which I paid to Eco bank account. Abisola Olanrewaju
Bank Name: Ecobank Nigeria
Account Number: 8107021808 after which she blocked me
Re: I Was Scam Online by Blakpot: 12:37pm On Jul 11, 2020
VicM6:
If you were scam online then what d fu*k did u want us to do now.... you did a transaction online with an individual you haven't met nd tinz went messy....Sis, we aren't detective here nd we aren't a fucki*g police officer.... so carry ur case alone and let we NL ride in peace

Pls speak for yourself stop saying "we", "us", "nairalanders". There are other ppl here willing to help, sympathize and offer helpful advice. Its an online community afterall and there's nothing wrong sharing ur experience n seeking support. Just like u reached out for help about ur hair becoming brown .

1 Like

Re: I Was Scam Online by juicethekiddd: 1:23pm On Jul 11, 2020
sexylassie2:
Elizabeth Ehimen banks with ECO Bank Acc: 8018975263

A well know scammer

Why are you guys not doing background check before sending strangers your money

Contact the bank you sent the money to

she has scam others of 17000 and 27000 for hair

what the person does, is to use other people account for fraud
what if she is not actually a she
Re: I Was Scam Online by Amaao: 3:32pm On Jul 11, 2020
Pls just go to EFFC Benin zonal office and lodge your complain with evidence of payment to said account.
Re: I Was Scam Online by VicM6: 3:35pm On Jul 11, 2020
Blakpot:

Pls speak for yourself stop saying "we", "us", "nairalanders". There are other ppl here willing to help, sympathize and offer helpful advice. Its an online community afterall and there's nothing wrong sharing ur experience n seeking support. Just like u reached out for help about ur hair becoming brown .
you 4 don tell me say ur work na to go up and down dey look people profile na..... Am seek nd tire of ppl complaining abt being scam here on NL.... after all Ole ni everybody
Re: I Was Scam Online by QuinieR(f): 3:48pm On Jul 28, 2020
badmus306
hi,cant access my mail
Re: I Was Scam Online by abidex0z(m): 1:18am On Aug 03, 2020
QuinieR:
Hello Nairalanders
I chat a Hair vendor on WhatsApp on Friday,got her number on her Fb page.she uploaded a lot of beautiful and cheap wig which varies from 5k and above(I like one of the frontal bob wig which was 12k).
We talk,she act so genuine becos she sent me voice note,she even do video call with me holding one wig,she gave me assurance of which I fell for it(mayb becos of the video call)..paid to her acct and she promise to deliver it to me on Saturday which was yesterday..
Unfortunately I have not receive any package,she refuse reading my chat talk more of replying and she is always online..she stop picking my calls too..

PS-That’s are phone no and acct no,is dere anything I can do with it...
Chai scamming pple in this pandemic 12k hair+1k delivery. 13k in total chai cry
Oh so sorry for your ordeal..... subsequently you can easily go to Ojuwoye market(Aganran) at Mushin in order to get any wigs that you want......tis quite a big popular market that deals with all kinds of wigs n co, where you can talk to any seller......if I have to order anything online tis mostly on jumia....pay on delivery....as for the scammer you have to go get a police report and go to your bank to make a complaint....
Re: I Was Scam Online by freeborn02: 1:23am On Aug 03, 2020
VicM6:
If you were scam online then what d fu*k did u want us to do now.... you did a transaction online with an individual you haven't met nd tinz went messy....Sis, we aren't detective here nd we aren't a fucki*g police officer.... so carry ur case alone and let we NL ride in peace

Her reason for posting it here is to find out if someone can advice her on what to do.

Because you are bereft of idea on what to do doesn't mean others are bereft of ideas like you.
Re: I Was Scam Online by Originalsly: 3:28am On Aug 03, 2020
Verrry informative.

QuinieR:

How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed...

I am sharing a knowledge today on "Tips on how to retrieve your money after you have been scammed".

Please read careful and learn.

20% of social media users and shoppers have been scammed at one point or the other, either large bucks or small money and It's quite painful.

Many people don't always know what to do, so today am sharing with you things you do, when you realize a page you paid for a service or goods is ghosting you:

1. Screenshot all previous chats across all messaging app (IG and WhatsApp or FB).

2. Write out the Full name and account number of the page or person.

3. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

4. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank the scammer uses), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

5. If you can, print out all those chats with the scammer, and submit it.

While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK and copy CBN FRAUD DESK *(anticorruptionunit@cenbank.org).* this will ginger the bank to take it up fast.

What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD. His BVN will be blocked permanently. No account will ever be opened neither will he be able to transact banking business in that name until he clears himself with the bank

Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.

Never forget this.

Feel free to save and share.
Cpd

Re: I Was Scam Online by QuinieR(f): 9:24am On Aug 03, 2020
abidex0z:

Oh so sorry for your ordeal..... subsequently you can easily go to Ojuwoye market(Aganran) at Mushin in order to get any wigs that you want......tis quite a big popular market that deals with all kinds of wigs n co, where you can talk to any seller......if I have to order anything online tis mostly on jumia....pay on delivery....as for the scammer you have to go get a police report and go to your bank to make a complaint....
I went to my bank and the wahala no be here o�,they even look uninterested so I had to back out..
Thanks for your advice
Re: I Was Scam Online by abidex0z(m): 4:20pm On Aug 03, 2020
QuinieR:

I went to my bank and the wahala no be here o�,they even look uninterested so I had to back out..
Thanks for your advice
That's crazy.....you can go to another branch......God knows I'm going to create a scene at the bank until they do the needful cos it can happen to anyone, and in some cases if it involves alot of money,, I know you won't let it go........ I guessed you are a cool headed person, who doesn't like to cause a melodrama....they can easily place a restriction on that person's account at the bank.....they will have to send a mail to the bank of the lady or you can try to go to the bank that she was using inorder to place a restriction on her account inorder for the bank officials to summon her for questioning cos I know that she might still have some money left in her account, you have to show the bank all the evidence to prove......if I may ask, what's the name of your bank and hers....
Re: I Was Scam Online by abidex0z(m): 4:21pm On Aug 03, 2020
QuinieR:

Thanks for your advice
Thanks for your advice[/quote]
That's crazy.....you can go to another branch......God knows I'm going to create a scene at the bank until they do the needful cos it can happen to anyone, and in some cases if it involves alot of money,, I know you won't let it go........ I guessed you are a cool headed person, who doesn't like to cause melodrama....they can easily place a restriction on that person's account at the bank.....they will have to send a mail to the bank of the lady or you can try to go to the bank that she was using inorder to place a restriction on her account inorder for the bank official s to summon her for questioning cos I know that she might still have some money left in her account, you have to show the bank all the evidence to prove......if I may ask, what's the name of your bank and hers....
Re: I Was Scam Online by QuinieR(f): 12:07am On Aug 05, 2020
abidex0z:

That's crazy.....you can go to another branch......God knows I'm going to create a scene at the bank until they do the needful cos it can happen to anyone, and in some cases if it involves alot of money,, I know you won't let it go........ I guessed you are a cool headed person, who doesn't like to cause a melodrama....they can easily place a restriction on that person's account at the bank.....they will have to send a mail to the bank of the lady or you can try to go to the bank that she was using inorder to place a restriction on her account inorder for the bank officials to summon her for questioning cos I know that she might still have some money left in her account, you have to show the bank all the evidence to prove......if I may ask, what's the name of your bank and hers....

i use firstbank,she use Eco bank
Re: I Was Scam Online by abidex0z(m): 2:20pm On Aug 05, 2020
QuinieR:

i use firstbank,she use Eco bank
okay....you can try to go to any closest eco bank branch, tell the customer service rep what happened with an evidence......if they are lenient enough,he/she can easily put a restriction on the account and the bank will invite her for questioning.....if you have anyone that uses Eco bank, that will be feasible enough cos you and the person will have to go together to boost the chance of getting a positive response.....if you can't find anyone, you can still give it a try.......
Re: I Was Scam Online by Ffolksy: 5:46pm On Aug 05, 2020
[quote author=lefulefu post=91424959] cheesy i just dey laugh..so wat guranntee did she give.

1 Like

Re: I Was Scam Online by Ffolksy: 5:50pm On Aug 05, 2020
Good luck to the op. sadly, however, i fell victim to a 50k scam about 2 months ago. in an attempt to recover my money, I first went to the scammer's bank to complain, but was directed to my bank as the right channel. Proceeded to speak with a branch manager of my bank who hinted that the best he could do was to send message to the fraud unit at the headquarters and then follow up for update.
After calling him for two days without positive feedback, I called the headquarters to report, and also sent them mail. Response I got from them after three days was that I should report to law enforcement agents, as the case was beyond them.

I then went to the police area command close to me. There, ehn, I received the insult of my life after narrating my story. It was such a bad experience. After the insults, their conclusion was that I needed to process a police report which would be done in ogun state, as judges in Lagos had stopped honouring such report. They said the report would cost me 30k, then I would pay 30k for transportation of the officer that would do the processing for me (including followup he would make with bank and court).

At that point, I had to give up and became more devastated for falling victim.

Goodluck op, I hope you return with success story of your money recovery.
Re: I Was Scam Online by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 05, 2020
Ffolksy:
Good luck to the op. sadly, however, i fell victim to a 50k scam about 2 months ago. in an attempt to recover my money, I first went to the scammer's bank to complain, but was directed to my bank as the right channel. Proceeded to speak with a branch manager of my bank who hinted that the best he could do was to send message to the fraud unit at the headquarters and then follow up for update.
After calling him for two days without positive feedback, I called the headquarters to report, and also sent them mail. Response I got from them after three days was that I should report to law enforcement agents, as the case was beyond them.

I then went to the police area command close to me. There, ehn, I received the insult of my life after narrating my story. It was such a bad experience. After the insults, their conclusion was that I needed to process a police report which would be done in ogun state, as judges in Lagos had stopped honouring such report. They said the report would cost me 30k, then I would pay 30k for transportation of the officer that would do the processing for me (including followup he would make with bank and court).

At that point, I had to give up and became more devastated for falling victim.

Goodluck op, I hope you return with success story of your money recovery.
Thats nigeria for you grin grin grin grin grin grin.Only if you have link and connection or know the right ppl then u can recover your money from a scammer without spending a kobo but bros if u no get connection.u no know anybody better u just forget about it cos if u u want to pursue the case naija police will just exhort money from u and insult u join without doing anything.best thing as long as its nigeria dont do any online business with anyone.99 percent of them forming online business are just scammers looking for who to rip off.if u want to buy anything just go to a boutique or anywhere they sell it and get your stuff.If u insist on buying online then try buying from the recorgnised online selling sites like amazon,aleiexpress,jumia etc.Nigeria hasnt reached that level ppl will be selling their stuffs online cos we are too corrupt.Someone will claim to be selling some nike trainers and wen u send him or her money the person will quickly block u.Sometimes i get messages from stranger ppl on facebook trying to lure me to buy dis stuff or that or those ones also trying to lure me to send money for ponzi schemes.when i challenge them that why will i send money to someone i dont know under the guise of business some will be claiming that they are born again christians or that they are pastors or that they are a mother of 5 or 6 cheesy.so tell me is it impossible for a christian to steal? or a mother of 15 or 10 to steal? Safer doing ur business one on one that going on the internet to do one cheesy.with the number of ppl who have cried on getting scammed by fellow nairalanders here i am still surprised more and more ppl here are still falling into the trap.How can u send money to someone u havent met cheesy.

1 Like

Re: I Was Scam Online by QuinieR(f): 11:18pm On Aug 05, 2020
abidex0z:

okay....you can try to go to any closest eco bank branch, tell the customer service rep what happened with an evidence......if they are lenient enough,he/she can easily put a restriction on the account and the bank will invite her for questioning.....if you have anyone that uses Eco bank, that will be feasible enough cos you and the person will have to go together to boost the chance of getting a positive response.....if you can't find anyone, you can still give it a try.......

Thank you smiley
Re: I Was Scam Online by abidex0z(m): 12:26am On Aug 07, 2020
QuinieR:

Thank you smiley
You are welcome...
Re: I Was Scam Online by frozen70(f): 10:06am On Aug 07, 2020
No matter how attractive and interesting your offer is online

I will discuss with you and agree on the price then see you one on one to get paid for it

Anything shot of that you are taking risk
Re: I Was Scam Online by Bright4luv3000: 10:56am On Aug 07, 2020
Drop ur number I will help u and find her
Re: I Was Scam Online by GEEBITE: 1:11pm On Aug 09, 2020
Sorry about this for some people it is small change but it hurts when you get scammed out of hard earned money. Next time be cautious when dealing with online sellers or go through reputable channels. Are you keen on recovery or you want to move on? Best wishes.
QuinieR:

Chai
Hush puppy family, no matter how long, nemesis will always caught up with scammers..I leave her to God for scamming my hard earn..
Once bitten twice shy.i don wise now sad
Re: I Was Scam Online by GEEBITE: 1:15pm On Aug 09, 2020
Business between third parties is out of the loop of the
bank so far the account was not compromised due to negligence of the bank or its agents.I am sorry to say this,the bank is not liable for any business gone bad.
abidex0z:

Thanks for your advice
That's crazy.....you can go to another branch......God knows I'm going to create a scene at the bank until they do the needful cos it can happen to anyone, and in some cases if it involves alot of money,, I know you won't let it go........ I guessed you are a cool headed person, who doesn't like to cause melodrama....they can easily place a restriction on that person's account at the bank.....they will have to send a mail to the bank of the lady or you can try to go to the bank that she was using inorder to place a restriction on her account inorder for the bank official s to summon her for questioning cos I know that she might still have some money left in her account, you have to show the bank all the evidence to prove......if I may ask, what's the name of your bank and hers....
Re: I Was Scam Online by Ishilove: 1:18pm On Aug 09, 2020
GEEBITE:
Business between third parties is out of the loop of the
bank so far the account was not compromised due to negligence of the bank or its agents.I am sorry to say this,the bank is not liable for any business gone bad.
So what's the solution?
Re: I Was Scam Online by GEEBITE: 1:21pm On Aug 09, 2020
Dont say it is greed,you were just trying to be shrewd.
QuinieR:

Let me say I was convinced through the video call,she ans all my question through voicenote which I was satisfy with..I saw that same wig at my bus stop some days ago for 22k..greediness makes me patronize her becos it’s cheaper 12k compare to 22k
Re: I Was Scam Online by GEEBITE: 1:27pm On Aug 09, 2020
The solution is only via court order/judgement. The process can be very exhausting even for big amounts. The peculiar nature of our laws and its upholders makes it frustrating as they are more interested in what they can gain out of somebody's loss or frustrations. For the amount involved here,we can only console the victim. Also if by providence the scammer is caught and this transaction proof is provided,she can be refunded from the proceeds of what can be recovered from the criminal.
Ishilove:

So what's the solution?
Re: I Was Scam Online by Ishilove: 1:30pm On Aug 09, 2020
GEEBITE:
The solution is only via court order/judgement. The process can be very exhausting even for big amounts. The peculiar nature of our laws and its upholders makes it frustrating as they are more interested in what they can gain out of somebody's loss or frustrations. For the amount involved here,we can only console the victim. Also if by providence the scammer is caught and this transaction proof is provided,she can be refunded from the proceeds of what can be recovered from the criminal.
I guess she will have move on and wait for karma to catch up with the thief.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Does Anyone Else Thinks That Relationships Are Overrated. / Ladies Avoid Men That Wear This Type Of Shoes(photo) / Which Tribe Would You Want You Hubby/Wifey To Be From And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.