Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Meet 3 Nigerian Billionaires That Went Bankrupt - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet 3 Nigerian Billionaires That Went Bankrupt (949 Views)

Meet 3 Women Who Left FFK Barely 3 Years After Marriage, Before Precious, Mother / See Young And Handsome Nigerian Billionaires That Can Make Women Cheat (photos / 10 Extremely Rich Nigerian Billionaires Who Lives In Banana Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet 3 Nigerian Billionaires That Went Bankrupt by 12Ebiscoo: 11:00pm On Jul 05, 2020
Nigeria has had its trend of successful individuals who even made it to the billionaire table, but later got broke... What a misfortune! It's difficult to say that these set of billionaire individuals have gone completely broke since most of them have some hidden savings that no one can find out except themselves. The list below is about 3 Nigerian billionaires that have lost their billions and are back to ground zero in the public eye.
1. Goddy Anabor

Lagos socialite and Billionaire publisher of the defunct Hearts Magazine, Chief Goddy Anabor is now a cab driver. The erstwhile billionaire whose name and titles the likes of Sir Shina Peter, Oliver de Coque and so many other musicians documented lavishly in some of their albums now engages in the business to keep body and soul together, and after falling on bad times. Goddy Anabor was the publisher of the famous defunct Hearts Magazine, but no one is really sure if that was where he made his billions.

But Anabor during his time was the envy of all Lagosians who were part of the socialite groove. He's now completely broke and has become a cab driver in Lagos. Chief Anabor has this to say about his past life, "In Lagos Sheraton Hotel, I spent 86Million Naira in hosting people from London for one year and three months. I have the receipts, and you can go and ask them there’'. ‘There was a time I had ₦3BN in Equity Bank at Allen Avenue, Ikeja, which I spent on people. I had more than 50 cars like Bentley, Rolls Royce and others. I usually bought cars that were newly manufactured".
2. Kola Aluko

Kola Aluko was one of the most popular Nigerians in Diaspora before he went broke, he was famous for dating the American model, Naomi Campbell and also renting out his $80million yacht to the most popular American music couples, Jay Z and Beyonce. Aluko was into energy business and later went into oil business where he made billions. He was also linked with the former Nigerian Minister for Petroleum, Diezani Allison-Madueke. And he was charged for having a hand in the fraud that Madueke was probed for. Aluko was later charged to court by the EFCC and all his accounts were frozen.
3. Celestine Babayaro

Celestine Babayaro's story is quite sad, as he wasn't involved in fraud. Babayaro was a successful Nigerian footballer who made his billions from playing international football. He was part of the Nigerian team that won the Olympic gold medal in 1996. Babayaro played in several European clubs, including the Chelsea Football Club, and had a successful career all through. It was surprising when he went broke, and later declared Bankruptcy in 2011.

https://www.mcebiscoo.com/meet-3-nigerian-billionaires-that-went-bankrupt/

Re: Meet 3 Nigerian Billionaires That Went Bankrupt by FreshBoss007: 11:30pm On Jul 05, 2020
You mean babayaro was a billionaire?

(1) (Reply)

Meek Mill Reacts To Nicki Minaj Pregnancy News / Moment Explosion Rocks Big Brother Cameroon Kitchen, All Housemates Run Off / Don Jazzy Shares A Video Of The Interior Of His New House In Lekki.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.