Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,243 members, 7,807,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

Madagascar Reimposes Lockdown As COVID-19 Cases Rise - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Madagascar Reimposes Lockdown As COVID-19 Cases Rise (440 Views)

As COVID-19 Cases Rise, Patients Face Difficulties Accessing Healthcare In Kano / COVID-19: Despite Lockdown, Lagos, Ogun Cases Rise By 100% In 11 Days; Abuja 150 / Coronavirus: Death Toll In Africa Hits 700 As Cases Rise To 13,145 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Madagascar Reimposes Lockdown As COVID-19 Cases Rise by NadiaR(m): 11:49pm On Jul 05, 2020

Madagascar has placed its capital Antananarivo under a fresh lockdown following a new surge in coronavirus infections, two months after the restrictions were eased, the presidency announced Sunday.

“The Analamanga region (under which the capital is situated) is returning to full lockdown,” the presidency said in a statement.

No traffic will be allowed in or out of the region starting Monday until July 20.

A strict curfew will be imposed on street movement by people.

“Only one person per household is allowed to go out into the street between 6:00 am (0400 GMT) and 12:00 pm (1000 GMT),” said the statement.

The measures have been taken “because of the spread of the epidemic and the increase of COVID-19 cases,” it added.

Used to registering dozens of coronavirus cases a day, Madagascar has in recent days seen an exponential rise in daily numbers, jumping to a record 216 cases on Saturday.

The latest tally came after 675 people were tested.

Nearly 24,000 tests have so far been conducted on the impoverished island.

By Sunday the country had a cumulative 2,728 cases, including 29 deaths since the virus was first detected on the Indian ocean island on March 20.

All government meetings will now be held via video conferencing, while court hearings have been suspended.

In April, President Andry Rajoelina launched a local herbal concoction he claimed prevents and cures the novel coronavirus.

Rajoelina has been promoting the brew for export, saying it is the country’s “green gold” which will “change history”.

The potential benefits of Covid-Organics, a tonic derived from artemisia — a plant with proven efficacy in malaria treatment — and other indigenous herbs, have not been validated by any scientific study.

Source: Punch Nigeria

Cc: Dominique
Re: Madagascar Reimposes Lockdown As COVID-19 Cases Rise by HomerTimpson: 12:03am On Jul 06, 2020
Thought they found the cure and stuff shocked

1 Like

Re: Madagascar Reimposes Lockdown As COVID-19 Cases Rise by KingSatan: 12:06am On Jul 06, 2020
sad
Re: Madagascar Reimposes Lockdown As COVID-19 Cases Rise by Lorazepam(f): 12:08am On Jul 06, 2020
What of Covid Organics shocked

1 Like

Re: Madagascar Reimposes Lockdown As COVID-19 Cases Rise by saheedbadmus(m): 12:24am On Jul 06, 2020
Madagascar Madagascar hmm I thought u guyz found cure , why is it not working for you Guyz.. oni jibiti niyin

1 Like

Re: Madagascar Reimposes Lockdown As COVID-19 Cases Rise by Patosky4U: 12:31am On Jul 06, 2020
Where is our covid organic?

1 Like

Re: Madagascar Reimposes Lockdown As COVID-19 Cases Rise by Vision4God: 2:14am On Jul 06, 2020
Alll izz wellllllllllll
Re: Madagascar Reimposes Lockdown As COVID-19 Cases Rise by joyandfaith: 2:26am On Jul 06, 2020
if you believe Madagascar has a cure for covid, you are an idiot. covid organics is just an immune booster.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Madagascar Reimposes Lockdown As COVID-19 Cases Rise by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 06, 2020
NadiaR:

Source: Punch Nigeria

Cc: Dominique

Don't worry... they have the cure.

I am talking about that fruit juice. smiley

To think that many here on Nairaland were ready to believe that that s#it is the "cure". Like what sort of people do we have on Nairaland? sad

I told y'all, Rajoelina is a businessman. He's cashed out big time with this. My apologies, to all the African countries that fell for Rajoelina's little trick.

Look at it this way, since the colonial era[or even before then], Madagascar has been battling a particular rat-borne disease[a Bubonic plague to be precise].

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/21st_century_Madagascar_plague_outbreaks&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwja8K2MjbjqAhUI2aQKHQpoDYEQFjACegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw1naSPvDtJiP6zTJkwP_2LM

And up till this day they are yet to come up with a solution or cure for this rat-borne plague. It is the same WHO that they are quarrelling with today that has been helping them out with it.
And this is a disease that has pretty much plagued their country year in year out.

Now Covid 19 flies in from wherever and voila, they found a cure for it in record time and were even willing to go to war with WHO over a hoax cure! Come on, what sort of a joke is that? And some people were all too ready to believe them.

Including my people and the government of my country.

I give up. My rant.

2 Likes

Re: Madagascar Reimposes Lockdown As COVID-19 Cases Rise by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 06, 2020
joyandfaith:
if you believe Madagascar has a cure for covid, you are an idiot. covid organics is just an immune booster.

Well said.

1 Like

Re: Madagascar Reimposes Lockdown As COVID-19 Cases Rise by EatforHealth: 9:53am On Jul 06, 2020
I thought they had found the cure and sold the cure to countries

Oh sorry!! They “hushpuppied” other countriestongue

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Can A Low Sperm Count Cause Miscarriage? / The Potential Power Of Organic Maca Root Powder / How To Manage Diabetes And Cholesterol Alkaline Sugar Free Drink

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.