Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,009 members, 7,806,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

$120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? (55342 Views)

Nigerians In Ghana Decry Exploitation As Govt Imposes $120 For SIM Card Registra / Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 / Lady About To Leave Nigeria Becomes Insane At Lagos Airport (Pix, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by slyfran6(m): 8:52pm On Aug 17, 2020
Genea:
Its not.... Nigeria ain't getting better, in 2015 a dollar was 150naira but now its worse and it's going to get worse with our increasing debt profile, unemployment and nonchalant attitude of our govt creating policies that are chasing multinationals away e.g Opay.
Trust me, I'd leave even with 1M salary.
Definitely
Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 3:36am On Sep 04, 2020
Nosainwe:
can I pm you sir ? Or should I drop my contact if you don't mind, I am an undergrad and would like to take the route you have , thanks
Hi please can I use my WAEC printout for Jim ovia scholarship application, I don't have the original?
Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by Busba1122: 5:18am On Sep 04, 2020
I have found a page that I like. I have read and gained a lot of knowledge. joker One thing that I want you to keep in mind is the complete article. For continuous monitoring If you are lonely, you can visit our page as well.
Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by Nosainwe(m): 5:40am On Sep 04, 2020
pstmikol1:

Hi please can I use my WAEC printout for Jim ovia scholarship application, I don't have the original?
yes you can , I read somewhere on this platform of someone who did , he was awarded the scholarship.
Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 04, 2020
Nosainwe:

yes you can , I read somewhere on this platform of someone who did , he was awarded the scholarship.
Ok thanks
Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by Timiofak(m): 11:07am On Sep 04, 2020
jbloggs:

So, can his friend boast of saving $2k or more every month?

Una goes just dey talk nonsense, why does anyone need to save 2k out of about 10k? Why??

Saving 500 is still very much okay, where you dey carry the savings go? If you die today who go spend the savings? try dey invest, no dey save unnecessarily. This is where I have issues with Nigerians, most of us are misers, small thing I want to save this money yen yen yen. Try dey flex, oyinbo people no dey do all this mumu saving.
Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by Timiofak(m): 11:12am On Sep 04, 2020
soleexx:

I don't know where you getting your fact from... But I know couple of Nigerian trained developer working in the states without any form of racism.... Lots of white developers works under them...

Note: Not all blacks face racial abuse...
Some are just very important figure for the community, state, and the whole country
exactly, if you go school, look educated and avoid crime, no racial abuse or prejudice at all, all the times you have been hearing police killed one black person, have you ever heard eze or yomi or ayo or chisom or tunde. And Nigerians full there jaburata, its always one jerome or Kingston them go shoot, black Americans are prone to be violent, I’m not trying to downplay the black lives matter movement, but it is what it is. Most times if cops hear the accent in your voice they are prone to ease a little bit.
Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by Timiofak(m): 11:26am On Sep 04, 2020
authority2006:

And what I said he should have done didn't appear as a "better plan"? You said he could have planned better. But when you don't plan better, what will people call it? MISTAKE! I will say it again, he should have stayed on that job a little longer.
BTW: I will be happy if you can give me tip about "better plan".
he could have planned better by knowing the value of 900k, any one earning 700k per month, is in top 2% in Nigeria he shouldn’t have opted to immigrate, he should have gone for an mba or msc in canada first, get one of your degrees if not all from a top tier country and when you migrate, it would be easier to get jobs, but if every thing na unilag or oau, my guy you dey on a long thing, you have to still get education first. So he bleeped up when he didn’t do research.
Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by Timiofak(m): 11:37am On Sep 04, 2020
LogTM:

What I said is simple. I'm just being honest. I don't know any company that would be willing to pay a guy $120k for a gig.

This amount is equal to one year salary for a top American software engineer living in an expensive city like San Francisco. I'm not going to talk about the hard work and competition it takes to get there. Many other professionals in the US like mechanic engineers in some companies don't earn up to that per year as an entry-level staff.

You now claim he has a registered business and he isn't working alone. Fine. It now makes sense. The Bank contracted the gig to his company. Cool. It's still very high amount anyway but that's fare.

You should have mentioned this earlier. Your post was just too loud.
stop all this useless talks, entry level jobs in i.t in Chicago (where ive actually stayed for like 3 months) is around 70k before tax so in just few years and certifications you can make cap that 120k. With the right planning an mindset you fit move things.
Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by Timiofak(m): 11:39am On Sep 04, 2020
STENON:
You have time sef undecided. I already told him his pal didn't tell him the truth. He is thinking just like it is very easy for an employer to pay #120k in Nigeria is same with other developed countries. You go work and your eyes go turn red even before getting $1k consecutively for 12 months as salary in developed countries.
una go just dey yarn nonsense, and you have not left your backyard before, if i drive lyft without any other work during weekends alone in newyork or california, ill make that $1k, no dey overhype wetin you no sabii abeg.
Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by Timiofak(m): 11:41am On Sep 04, 2020
olioxx:

LogTM nor mind that nigga wey dey write $120000, as if the money comes easy. Even Google or Apple nor dey pay that kain money as base salary for full stack engineer without the long years of experience and dexterity.
My self shock when I hear that amount, the baba suppose tell us say na Im company them carry gig give.
#las_las_we_go_dey_alright
lack of comprehension, did he say “a job” he said various gigs, which can be known as contracts, very plausible to make such, you can never know ma.
Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by Jiugo(f): 1:52pm On Feb 03, 2022
Please i will love to connect with you. I am a Developer as well. You can reach me via mail chichinomso@gmail.com.
I need to know how to get started with this Technation.

He should sare kabakaba because no company in Nigeria can actually pay his true wage value.

Senior Devops Engineers are earning up to $100000 per year.

He should try Technation, they are endorsing exceptional talents like him for the UK tier 1 visa category.[/quote]
Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by Ucee1999: 4:14pm On Feb 05, 2022
And what the fvck is he still doing in this shithole? shocked
grin
Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by IbeOkehie: 12:31pm On Nov 03, 2023
seankafor:
Lol, does Nigeria spend dollar?
If he makes let's say 5k$ over there, he won't be any different from someone making 500k here because over there he I'll still spend in $ not naira.. unless he is talking about serene environment which also comes with its own downside like racism and stuffs.

For me 500k# here over 5k$ there anyday anytime

Another thread, this one from 2020. Only 3 years, look at the bolded part at the end. N500K is still equal to $5K anyway anytime.

I wonder if this brilliant reasoning still holds up now in 2023?

👏 👏 👏

Here's more Nigerian sense from 2020

Goodvibes007:
A friend left a 900k per month job in Nigeria for Canada, he is regretting it a bit though.

Different strokes for different people. One man's meat is another's poison.

🤔 is he still in regrets over his imaginary N900K

Nigerians!!!! You're a VERY special people ❤️

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Lagos The Beautiful (Pics) / Aerial Footage Showing The Crash Site Of Ethiopian Airlines (Photos) / Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.