Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,695 members, 7,802,044 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

$120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? (55282 Views)

Nigerians In Ghana Decry Exploitation As Govt Imposes $120 For SIM Card Registra / Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 / Lady About To Leave Nigeria Becomes Insane At Lagos Airport (Pix, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by menacity(m): 5:45pm On Jul 10, 2020
Please how can I become a full stack developer what are the requirements

gimakon:
A quick question I want to ask and know hearts of peeps.

I have a badass programmer pal. Full stack engineer. Recently did a job for someone, and made some real good cash. Like up to $120,000. The money came from building software for 3 microfinance banks in the country.
He earns over 450,000 Naira as salary here in Nigeria as well. We got talking yesterday and he's telling me he cannot stay in Nigeria, that he's resigning immediately after lock down for airports are over.

His argument is 450,000 Nigerian Naira equals
1,162.97 United States Dollar, wheras in the US / Canada for instance, the salary is way higher.

Question is what do you think ?
Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by AsawanaDgreat: 5:49pm On Jul 10, 2020
Let me discuss with Godwin Emefiele first, am coming
Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by kolade560: 5:49pm On Jul 10, 2020
i t depends on the country am going na. Kenya is still abroad, but if na Europe , this question should not be asked. naija na hellish country.

1 Like

Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:51pm On Jul 10, 2020
menacity:
Please how can I become a full stack developer what are the requirements

You need to learn the following: HTML, CSS, JAVASCRIPT and at least (REACT, ANGULAR OR VUE), GIT. This is for the front end side. For the Back end you need to learn either nodejs, python, PHP or Java. Their frameworks and one database. If you are serious you can be one in a year with intensive study. You can get courses on udemy and supplement with YouTube.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by Goodvibes007: 5:55pm On Jul 10, 2020
authority2006:

Why would he make this kind of mistake? He should have stuck with the job for years even if he was hell bent on travelling abroad!
I can't fault his decision and would not call it a mistake. If I were in his shoes, I may have done the same. Maybe he could have planned better.

Abroad fever, when it's grips people, it's not a small thing o. Some people have gained thousands of followers on twitter due to the abroad fever that has griped Nigerians during this Buhari era. Just starts twitting about how to migrate abroad and show/talk about a few success story here and there, and watch followers grow in the thousands grin

1 Like

Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by flyingpig: 5:57pm On Jul 10, 2020
Goodvibes007:

Thank God it had an happy ending. grin

Lmao

I swear

If I may ask, what field are you guys in, and raking this sum?
Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by Goodvibes007: 5:59pm On Jul 10, 2020
Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by flyingpig: 6:00pm On Jul 10, 2020
Goodvibes007:

I am in automation and control while my madam is in IT/Business Analysis.

God bless your family fam

5 Likes

Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by firestar(f): 6:02pm On Jul 10, 2020
gimakon:
A quick question I want to ask and know hearts of peeps.

I have a badass programmer pal. Full stack engineer. Recently did a job for someone, and made some real good cash. Like up to $120,000. The money came from building software for 3 microfinance banks in the country.
He earns over 450,000 Naira as salary here in Nigeria as well. We got talking yesterday and he's telling me he cannot stay in Nigeria, that he's resigning immediately after lock down for airports are over.

His argument is 450,000 Nigerian Naira equals
1,162.97 United States Dollar, wheras in the US / Canada for instance, the salary is way higher.

Question is what do you think ?

Whatever might be said here-either for or against, it’s still his decision to make.
Just a word of advice, whatever your decision, always have backup plans and be steps ahead.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by Goodvibes007: 6:07pm On Jul 10, 2020
flyingpig:

God bless your family fam
Thanks bro. God bless yours too!
Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by bluefilm: 6:14pm On Jul 10, 2020
You better advise that guy to stay in Naija.

With a take home pay of 450K plus other side businesses that one can easily set up in Naija, what else are you looking for in jand?

When I was younger, I used to think that leaving Naija was of utmost priority to me.

But now wey be say I don old wella, even Mr. Trump go beg me make I comot from Naija because I no dey go anywhere!!!

So maybe age fit follow dey make your guy to dey reason abroad.

But as for me eh...

Nwanne eh, I no go lie you... East... West... HOME IS THE BEST!!!
Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by executivegej: 6:15pm On Jul 10, 2020
On to the next

1 Like

Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by sevo(m): 6:16pm On Jul 10, 2020
Amotekun777:

Wellu donu, Mr. slow reader! The average salary for such folks in the U.S is ~$80K - $120K depending on the region (living cost / Standard cost).

So wetin be ur stupid point, 'Mr I sabi read slow'? Olofo! angry

Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by NNAMDIII(m): 6:16pm On Jul 10, 2020
seankafor:
Lol, does Nigeria spend dollar?
If he makes let's say 5k$ over there, he won't be any different from someone making 500k here because over there he I'll still spend in $ not naira.. unless he is talking about serene environment which also comes with its own downside like racism and stuffs.

For me 500k# here over 5k$ there anyday anytime
but you'll be more exposed there than here, well with 120k dollars I wouldn't even advise him to still work for someone, it's better he becomes an entrepreneur

1 Like

Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by Genea(f): 6:19pm On Jul 10, 2020
martineverest:
that opay saga was so stupid.lagos governor is killing investors
I am telling you. No CAPEX, no way to reduce unemployment yet they send out a company.
Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by Genea(f): 6:20pm On Jul 10, 2020
Goodvibes007:

Naija must be very terrible now Sha. Na so so evil report from the country.
Over terrible. I am planning my exit

1 Like

Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by Cantshout: 6:25pm On Jul 10, 2020
Well, these days racism is to be greatly considered. Those guys are no more friendly. Even their governments
[
Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 10, 2020
ekerintee:
He can make lots of money in naija without paying tax lol .if I may ask,was tax paid out of the money he made on the online contract he got ,did he pay tax to nigerian government from the job.many are shouting naija is a zoo,the economy abroad is tax based.after tax comes monthly bills ,monthly house rent etc

he can make money in naija without paying taxes yes...that was before. You cannot open a corporate account without a TIN nowadays. Go and ask anyone. When TIN is being applied for, your bank details would also be requested alongside BVN. Its a gradual process. We are already getting there. We pay taxes in my establishment.

You can't do business with any multinational and government establishments in Nigeria today without registering and submitting your valid TCC, NSITF, PENCOM( if your staff strength is above 15 people) , ITF certificates among others. These are some of he areas where the govt generates revenues
Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by martineverest(m): 6:30pm On Jul 10, 2020
Genea:
I am telling you. No CAPEX, no way to reduce unemployment yet they send out a company.
that shows how inept they are

1 Like

Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by loomer: 6:30pm On Jul 10, 2020
gimakon:

Um, its 450,000 naira = $1600
His friend went overseas for virtually the same role, he was doing in Nigeria and presently earns $7000/month for remote jobs.
I have been in thoughts... Hence i decided to ask..

For the $7000, how much be monthly tax and how much be monthly rent. Plus bills then food. Make him no use him brain
Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by uzucuzu1(m): 6:35pm On Jul 10, 2020
If you have such a programmer, can you please link me to him, I need a good programmer to work for me. 08167938324
Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by m140(m): 6:35pm On Jul 10, 2020
gnykelly:
there's no point for him to stay. I'm very sure your friend uses Apple laptop and he might be half way through a job. if policeman called SARS sees that and see codes on his laptop gbam yahoo boy. he will be harassed. and forced to part with money.

in January $1=350
June $1=450.
dec$1=??!

as a young guy in Nigeria you're not expected to be rich if you are and since you work remotely from home. boom your smiling neighbors will snitch and call efcc to arrest you.

you're swimming against the muddy tide.

in foreign countries the sky is your limits.

even if you set up your room with 10 laptop insofar you didn't breach security no problem.

you will be exposed to more opportunities.
Nawa for you ooo, like you think most youth sabi programming abi na scam most dey do
Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by Bossman25(m): 6:36pm On Jul 10, 2020
Bros have u contemplated dying here and being buried here?
Go and check our mortuaries...the government don dey acquire the land, those corpses are moved and laid to rest at another dump site and burned.
Meaning our corpse no dey die well for Naija.
Now think of it, u have a massive skill, that will earn you so much. You start a family over there, you die and your family bury you well over there, your corpse self with befitting burial self....u go dey happy for your coffin.
See that land over there is sane ooo! Well planned. Even the constant electricity 24/7 will marvel you. Your brain go dey flow with ideas. Don jazzy made money dere ...came here and set up his record label. Think am na.....if you are hard working you will enjoy working there. Unlike here where your hard work is not approximately coated and yet still owe you salary. Have you seen the extra benefits a working class dude get while working for a company over there?

bluefilm:
You better advise that guy to stay in Naija.

With a take home pay of 450K plus other side businesses that one can easily set up in Naija, what else are you looking for in jand?

When I was younger, I used to think that leaving Naija was of utmost priority to me.

But now wey be say I don old wella, even Mr. Trump go beg me make I comot from Naija because I no dey go anywhere!!!

So maybe age fit follow dey make your guy to dey reason abroad.

But as for me eh...

Nwanne eh, I no go lie you... East... West... HOME IS THE BEST!!!

1 Like

Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by m140(m): 6:37pm On Jul 10, 2020
Deltayankeeboii:

10k a month is a lot of money. 120k a year.
Unless the person is engulfed in bad debts, 10k is more than enough even for a family.
Which tax go run with person dry with 10k salary.

What is the median salary in US states.
Even in States with the highest cost of living, their average salary is hinged at 75 to 80k so why would you say 10k a month salary is not good enough.
It's even $48k
Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by m140(m): 6:38pm On Jul 10, 2020
sharpman1:

This your statement is full of ignorance.

Earning $10k is a lot of cash.

Most US residents don't even earn close to $10k monthly (reported median wage for 2019 was less than 50k per year).

Except the fellow is a spendthrift, you can easily save 5k from a monthly income of 10k even with taxes, rent/mortgage and student loans.....and saving 5k monthly is saving a lot of money.
You sabi walahi

1 Like

Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 10, 2020
Where do you guys get all these 450K job sef? undecided
Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by planetx: 6:39pm On Jul 10, 2020
Another fake thread to get you people arguing with each other. 95 to 98% of Americans do not have $120,000 in their bank account, they don't even know what it looks like. And somebody made that in Nigeria allegedly and he is here on NL seeking immigration advice.

1 Like

Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by alfredilly: 6:40pm On Jul 10, 2020
Goodvibes007:

Where did you get this info from?

Banking is not even an high paying career in developed countries except you start off at an investment banker. Good luck getting that investment banking job without an MBA from an ivy league university

What you just put here is an in experience opinion. Did I here you say banking job is not a paying career in advance countries. This is a very ridiculous claim. What sort of bank do you think they run there. Most of the banks in US and Europe are global source of finance. Will you compare them to the muchroom bank in Nigeria? Citi Bank, Deutsche Bank, Barclay bank,and some others are huge financial institution. A brother to my friends left Nigeria for Citi Bank in 2015 and started with $120k in security department. My own brother started worker in oil and gas company in US same years and now earning as high as 200k usd
Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by bluefilm: 6:45pm On Jul 10, 2020
Bossman25:
Bros have u contemplated dying here and being buried here?
Go and check our mortuaries...the government don dey acquire the land, those corpses are moved and laid to rest at another dump site and burned.
Meaning our corpse no dey die well for Naija.
Now think of it, u have a massive skill, that will earn you so much. You start a family over there, you die and your family bury you well over there, your corpse self with befitting burial self....u go dey happy for your coffin.
See that land over there is sane ooo! Well planned. Even the constant electricity 24/7 will marvel you. Your brain go dey flow with ideas. Don jazzy made money dere ...came here and set up his record label. Think am na.....if you are hard working you will enjoy working there. Unlike here where your hard work is not approximately coated and yet still owe you salary. Have you seen the extra benefits a working class dude get while working for a company over there?

But why are you so focused on death?

That shows that you have such a terrible negative mindset about life.

Bros don't give up.

Opportunity dey for naija o!

Problem is just that so many people don't want to start small.

And not only that.

So many people are not that skilled.

Take the guy being described in this thread.

It was his skill that gave him to opportunity to start thinking of migrating.

Everybody is just complaining about the stress and difficulties being experienced in naija.

But how many people are willing to tackle those problems?

For instance, since everybody is complaining that there is no steady electricity, what stops our engineers from giving us solar solutions?

I don't want to start sounding like another unrealistic motivational speaker but I believe you have an idea of what I am trying to say.

Think about this.

What if the Americans, the Europeans, the Japanese, the Chinese and the rest of these countries our people like to escape to for a better life didn't build their countries to become what they are today?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by tempel(m): 6:47pm On Jul 10, 2020
This life no balance especially in this country. Legally leave.
Re: $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 10, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
Nigeria is a useless country
grin grin grin grin

If you have the opportunity escape oo

No hope here

You won't understand until you step your foot there
Naija Oxxxx
You are a patriotic Nigerian, as your moniker suggest!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

UK Police Give List Of Nationals Who Are To Register With Them. Nigeria Excluded / The Moment Air Peace Plane Landed At Anambra Int'l Airport (Photos) / Man Who Escaped Fuel Tanker Explosion Kneels Down To Thank God - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.