Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,230 members, 7,807,764 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

How I viewed Homosexuality back then as an Athiest, and Now - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How I viewed Homosexuality back then as an Athiest, and Now (1292 Views)

Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? / Why You Should Not Take The Pascal's Wager And Become An Athiest / Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I viewed Homosexuality back then as an Athiest, and Now by OpenYourEyes1: 8:04am On Jul 06, 2020
By the way, I wasn't really fully athiest back then. I usually switch between "athiesm" to "believing in a GOD that is more superior to Christian GOD". The hypocrisy among those I thought served the true GOD was unbearable to me. I just needed a kind, tolerant, non-violent, non-human like GOD(the worldly images of so called God really affected my view too). I thought GOD should be Spirit and everywhere & not like human. Presently, I have discovered that HE is more than what I expected back then. HE is more than wonderful, kind, loving, caring and other good things you can think of

My View on Homosexuality
I accepted lots of secular views back then, like legalizing homosexuality, abortion, fornication etc even though I didn't think deep into their advantages and disadvantages. I hated the idea of men touching men though, I just tolerated their freedom to do whatever they want (as long as they don't hurt anyone). I wanted to be considered "civilized" back then and avoid being part of "hateful christains"

There was a former president who made me to be a bit cautious. I wondered why he was so focused on homosexuality and trying to impose it on nations when there are other human rights abuses he should be more focused on too.
Now I think I know why they want lots of people to be homosexual. I was too naive and thoroughly decieved back them.
The Word of GOD is 100% true. Truely repent of your sins and get baptized to understand the gem the world is missing. Always believe while reading.

Related Post:
How GOD Will Handle The Two Homosexuals
https://www.nairaland.com/5717774/how-god-handle-two-homosexuals#87148556

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I viewed Homosexuality back then as an Athiest, and Now by chatinent: 8:10am On Jul 06, 2020
So, what's your take on hell fire?
Re: How I viewed Homosexuality back then as an Athiest, and Now by OpenYourEyes1: 8:17am On Jul 06, 2020
chatinent:
So, what's your take on hell fire?

Hell is real. I just pray and hope all potentially GOD's people are saved from staying there forever.
Re: How I viewed Homosexuality back then as an Athiest, and Now by chatinent: 8:23am On Jul 06, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

Hell is real. I just pray and hope all potentially GOD's people are saved from staying there forever.
I didn't say hell, I said hell fire. They are two different words.
Re: How I viewed Homosexuality back then as an Athiest, and Now by delkuf(m): 8:39am On Jul 06, 2020
chatinent:

I didn't say hell, I said hell fire. They are two different words.
you will be so dumb to think that hell is not hell fire
Re: How I viewed Homosexuality back then as an Athiest, and Now by chatinent: 8:48am On Jul 06, 2020
delkuf:

Look up both words, and when you discover sth new, don't be ashamed for my sake.

3 Likes

Re: How I viewed Homosexuality back then as an Athiest, and Now by omoiyamayor(m): 8:53am On Jul 06, 2020
The bible said you shall know the truth and it shall set you free,think outside the box and feel free,religion is the constitution made for petty minds,have anyone noticed its only Nigeria pastores that preaches rapture, other parts of the world,no ones is expecting rapture,they are busy building their countries for coming generations. And come to think of it,this Coronavirus look so much like the rapture they always talk about but our pastors are still around tho.
Re: How I viewed Homosexuality back then as an Athiest, and Now by BackllGodNaija: 9:37am On Jul 06, 2020
I believe then you were so convinced you're on the right path as some atheists here. Thank God for bringing you out of the fire. I know some other atheists here presently on fire for the devil would soon be delivered also. Nothing pass God.

1 Like

Re: How I viewed Homosexuality back then as an Athiest, and Now by JourneytoEL(f): 2:16pm On Jul 06, 2020
omoiyamayor:
The bible said you shall know the truth and it shall set you free,think outside the box and feel free,religion is the constitution made for petty minds,have anyone noticed its only Nigeria pastores that preaches rapture, other parts of the world,no ones is expecting rapture,they are busy building their countries for coming generations. And come to think of it,this Coronavirus look so much like the rapture they always talk about but our pastors are still around tho.
many foreign pastors preach about rapture. Industries and factories will still be built even after the rapture, the only difference is, before you can work or build one you will have the mark of the beast. Mark my words, coronavirus is just the beginning, many more worse diseases will plague the earth as we draw near to rapture. He who has ears, let him hear.

3 Likes

Re: How I viewed Homosexuality back then as an Athiest, and Now by omoiyamayor(m): 6:39pm On Jul 06, 2020
JourneytoEL:
many foreign pastors preach about rapture. Industries and factories will still be built even after the rapture, the only difference is, before you can work or build one you will have the mark of the beast. Mark my words, coronavirus is just the beginning, many more worse diseases will plague the earth as we draw near to rapture. He who has ears, let him hear.
before Jesus came into the world there have been tribulations and plagues, the Noah story is one,another was the great famine so if many came after Jesus its still understandable not sign of end time,it been decades now after the holocaust and world war,let we Africans stop acting like we are the choosen people, the jews that claim to be the choosen ones are busy killing Palestinians and the other neighbors,mr trump that carry Christianity for head is busy provoking the world with wars. If you want to know the truth,go back to your source, God knows why he created you and i as Africans. Im tired of listening to lies and running away from realities
Re: How I viewed Homosexuality back then as an Athiest, and Now by OpenYourEyes1: 7:58am On Jul 23, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
By the way, I wasn't really fully athiest back then. I usually switch between "athiesm" to "believing in a GOD that is more superior to Christian GOD". The hypocrisy among those I thought served the true GOD was unbearable to me. I just needed a kind, tolerant, non-violent, non-human like GOD(the worldly images of so called God really affected my view too). I thought GOD should be Spirit and everywhere & not like human. Presently, I have discovered that HE is more than what I expected back then. HE is more than wonderful, kind, loving, caring and other good things you can think of

My View on Homosexuality
I accepted lots of secular views back then, like legalizing homosexuality, abortion, fornication etc even though I didn't think deep into their advantages and disadvantages. I hated the idea of men touching men though, I just tolerated their freedom to do whatever they want (as long as they don't hurt anyone). I wanted to be considered "civilized" back then and avoid being part of "hateful christains"

There was a former president who made me to be a bit cautious. I wondered why he was so focused on homosexuality and trying to impose it on nations when there are other human rights abuses he should be more focused on too.
Now I think I know why they want lots of people to be homosexual. I was too naive and thoroughly decieved back them.
The Word of GOD is 100% true. Truely repent of your sins and get baptized to understand the gem the world is missing. Always believe while reading.
Re: How I viewed Homosexuality back then as an Athiest, and Now by Anas09: 8:22am On Jul 23, 2020
delkuf:
Hell is not hellfire. Hell is a holding place for the wicked and those who rejected Christ awaiting judgement. But, hellfire is the final destination where the condemned wicked souls will end after the Judgement

1 Like

Re: How I viewed Homosexuality back then as an Athiest, and Now by Anas09: 8:25am On Jul 23, 2020
omoiyamayor:
Hello Child, pls go to YouTube and type 'I died and went to hell'. You won't see 5 Nigerians there. All you will see will be whites. Those you consider intelligent. Scientists. Atheists, Satanists,New Agers etc. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Check them out if you have the guts.

Note, most of them have never believed in Jesus. Go on
Re: How I viewed Homosexuality back then as an Athiest, and Now by Anas09: 8:29am On Jul 23, 2020
omoiyamayor:
before Jesus came into the world there have been tribulations and plagues, the Noah story is one,another was the great famine so if many came after Jesus its still understandable not sign of end time,it been decades now after the holocaust and world war,let we Africans stop acting like we are the choosen people, the jews that claim to be the choosen ones are busy killing Palestinians and the other neighbors,mr trump that carry Christianity for head is busy provoking the world with wars. If you want to know the truth,go back to your source, God knows why he created you and i as Africans. Im tired of listening to lies and running away from realities
It bits me why you guys keep making these about Africans.

Pls go to YouTube and type in Dreams of Rapture Warning'. You will be shocked what you will find. Young boys and girls, Americans crying and warning people to repent because Jesus appeared to them telling them to warn others.

There were not Christians till then.
Challenge yourself and check
Re: How I viewed Homosexuality back then as an Athiest, and Now by omoiyamayor(m): 8:50am On Jul 23, 2020
Anas09:

Hello Child, pls go to YouTube and type 'I died and went to hell'. You won't see 5 Nigerians there. All you will see will be whites. Those you consider intelligent. Scientists. Atheists, Satanists,New Agers etc. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Check them out if you have the guts.

Note, most of them have never believed in Jesus. Go on
they are all youtuber trying to sell the videos to make money, YouTube is full of lies ,wake up and stop the attention seeking.

1 Like

Re: How I viewed Homosexuality back then as an Athiest, and Now by AbdulSleeky: 8:59am On Jul 23, 2020
Anas09:

It bits me why you guys keep making these about Africans.

Pls go to YouTube and type in Dreams of Rapture Warning'. You will be shocked what you will find. Young boys and girls, Americans crying and warning people to repent because Jesus appeared to them telling them to warn others.

There were not Christians till then.
Challenge yourself and check

Those are lies to sell books and get viewers.

1 Like

Re: How I viewed Homosexuality back then as an Athiest, and Now by petra1(m): 9:52am On Jul 23, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

My View on Homosexuality

This is your most straightforward post ever as far as I'm concerned. I never knew you could communicate clearly like this . I used to think you have issue communicating clearly before
Re: How I viewed Homosexuality back then as an Athiest, and Now by festwiz(m): 11:42am On Jul 23, 2020
Lol.
Re: How I viewed Homosexuality back then as an Athiest, and Now by Anas09: 4:24pm On Jul 28, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

Those are lies to sell books and get viewers.
Hahahahahahahaha. Most of them are muslims who had never known anything about Rapture.
Re: How I viewed Homosexuality back then as an Athiest, and Now by Anas09: 4:25pm On Jul 28, 2020
omoiyamayor:
they are all youtuber trying to sell the videos to make money, YouTube is full of lies ,wake up and stop the attention seeking.
Okay.
Re: How I viewed Homosexuality back then as an Athiest, and Now by AbdulSleeky: 4:25pm On Jul 28, 2020
Anas09:

Hahahahahahahaha. Most of them are muslims who had never known anything about Rapture.

Re: How I viewed Homosexuality back then as an Athiest, and Now by Anas09: 4:27pm On Jul 28, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

Muslims who encountered Jesus will be lying about Rapture right?

Don't doubt until it's too late.
Re: How I viewed Homosexuality back then as an Athiest, and Now by AbdulSleeky: 4:27pm On Jul 28, 2020
Anas09:

Muslims who encountered Jesus will be lying about Rapture right?

Don't doubt until it's too late.

Conversion stories sell very well.

Jesus is a prophet in islam.
Re: How I viewed Homosexuality back then as an Athiest, and Now by Anas09: 4:33pm On Jul 28, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

Conversion stories sell very well.

Jesus is a prophet in islam.
But there's no one single Muslim convert calls the Lord Jesus prophet after they meet Him, Instead, they call Jesus God. They call Muhammad a liar and allah satan.

Why is that?
Re: How I viewed Homosexuality back then as an Athiest, and Now by AbdulSleeky: 5:22pm On Jul 28, 2020
Anas09:

But there's no one single Muslim convert calls the Lord Jesus prophet after they meet Him, Instead, they call Jesus God. They call Muhammad a liar and allah satan.

Why is that?

Where did they meet Jesus? shocked In your house?

Weere leleyi
Re: How I viewed Homosexuality back then as an Athiest, and Now by CodeTemplar: 6:33pm On Jul 28, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

My View on Homosexuality

Better late than never.
Re: How I viewed Homosexuality back then as an Athiest, and Now by OpenYourEyes1: 7:30am On Jul 29, 2020
petra1:

This is your most straightforward post ever as far as I'm concerned. I never knew you could communicate clearly like this . I used to think you have issue communicating clearly before

You do not "hear" *my words*? I alway thought they will sound foolish to many. Interesting!

The word of GOD is true!
Re: How I viewed Homosexuality back then as an Athiest, and Now by Anas09: 5:43pm On Aug 14, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

Where did they meet Jesus? shocked In your house?

Weere leleyi
Lol, funny guy. You doubt that Muslims See the Lord Jesus?
Okay, go to YouTube and type 'Muslims dreams of Jesus'. Go on, I dare you.
Re: How I viewed Homosexuality back then as an Athiest, and Now by MuttleyLaff: 11:23pm On Aug 14, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

My View on Homosexuality

1/ Who intrinsically, in one word and/or encapsulating in one word, is God?
2/ What are the three things that will last forever and what is the greatest out of these things?

Once you correctly give the answers to the two questions above, how really you view homosexuality will clearly be seen.

cc: Danhoys
Re: How I viewed Homosexuality back then as an Athiest, and Now by MuttleyLaff: 11:23pm On Aug 14, 2020
Anas09:
Hell is not hellfire. Hell is a holding place for the wicked and those who rejected Christ awaiting judgement. But, hellfire is the final destination where the condemned wicked souls will end after the Judgement

MuttleyLaff:
Hell or better put, Hades, actually is a Greek concept, the Jews have no concept of Hell or Hades
they have sheol, alright but the concept of Hell or Hades, is a Greek one.

Sheol is more of a proper and real biblical Israelite concept of where the dead are ''interned.'' Sheol in an oversimplified or elementary manner can be grave or has been referred as grave

Grave/tomb/sepulchre sites are merely places of deposit for a corpse. Sheol is the realm of the dead or departed souls
- Souls do not linger in the air. Souls do not stay in limbo. Souls do not hang about. Souls do not make revisits

Until Jesus in the NT, Sheol in general, without necessarily distinguishing between righteous or unrighteous souls, has been the realm of the dead or abode of the dead

We have verses in OT (e.g. Psalm 9:17 etcetera) suggesting that the wicked go to Sheol but it was Jesus in the NT that brought things into perspective when he shared the hyperbolic illustration of Sheol with the story of the Rich Man being elsewhere and Abraham with the Poor Man being on a different side. Remember just like because you're telling a joke, it doesnt necessarily mean, the joke is devoid of some element of truth and reality, so is the case with the parable of the rich man and poor man.

Sheol (i.e. the original Hebrew concept of afterlife) now has gray lines shared with Gehenna (i.e. the refuse dump in Jerusalem hyperbolically referred to by Jesus in Matthew 5:29 Matthew 18:9 and Mark 9:47) and Hell (i.e. a Greek mythology and Greek concept of afterlife) which arent really understood. The etymology of afterlife from a Jewish concept (i.e. Sheol, with 2 sections) has changed over time and Sheol, since, has being interchangeably replaced with Gehenna and Hell/Hades

Reiterating, hell which has become synonymous with Hades, is neither Hebrew or Greek in origin

Sheol is, what you'll find in the original Hebrew text for any word for Hell. In other places, Hades or Hell was the Greek substitution for the part of Sheol where the Rich man is from the Parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus

As a matter of fact, Hell, actually finds it roots in the classic Greek mythology, Hades, where Hades interestingly and actually, was the ancient Greek god of the underworld. This god's name (i.e. Hades) later turned to mean the place or abode of the dead, which actually is exactly what Sheol is, what is signifies or represents.

Talking about Gehenna, well it is a valley, a valley in Jerusalem, used as a dumping refuse site and so was used by Jesus to depict the Lake of fire (i.e. it is a place of destruction, as in, via incineration, a place for destroying things)

As earlier mentioned, Gehenna was the incinerating refuse dump in Jerusalem. Hades however, historically and originally is the name of a Greek god until it got turned to meaning the place or abode of the dead. It later got interchanged with hell, which is from a German word root. It was bible translators who were substituing the original Hebrew word Sheol (i.e. the part where the dead of the Rich man sort are), with Greek counterparts Hades/Hell that made hell stick with us today

Death is not a physical person but it will cease to exist because it will be destroyed when figuratively thrown into a physical lake of fire

MuttleyLaff:
I thought as much, that likely that's how and where you gathered your understanding and knowledge of and about hell from

Hell or better put, Hades, actually is a Greek concept, the Jews have no concept of Hell or Hades
they have Sheol, alright but as earklier said, the concept of Hell or Hades is a Greek one.

I like your cautious rendition of Hell, which in the real or proper sense, actually is the Lake of Fire, otherwise, called the second death

Interesting.
In Yoruba spirituality, there is the absence of a concept of sin

Doubly interesting.
In Yoruba spirituality, there is the absence eternal damnation or some kind of jidgdment after the end of the world.

By the way, thanks for your earlier question responses, but wow, what, as you've come to know, learn and understand, is sin?
If you explain what it is, maybe, it will make understanding its absence in Yoruba spiritualityand why Yoruba spirituality happens to be hell agnostic

Hmm, so Orisha is a spirit that represents the manifestation of the Supreme Authority

Please share more light on Orisha and the Supreme Authority
1/ Kindly explain in details, how does Orisha, as a spirit, represent the manifestation of the Supreme Authority?
What manifesting/manifested Supreme Authority, is Orisha representing?
2/ What is the Supreme Authority?
Does the Supreme Authority have a name the Supreme Authority is known by?
3/ What is Orisha known as, called or name?
4/ Is there just one or there are more than one Orisha?
5a/ Why does Orisha have to or need to be a deity among the Yoruba or any other people for that matter?
5b/ Is this exclusive to the Yoruba only, as in, a privilege not extended to non Yorubas
"Mafo, ajẹbẹ, ẹni duro"

cc: chatinent, OpenYourEyes1, delkuf, BackllGodNaija,
Re: How I viewed Homosexuality back then as an Athiest, and Now by Danhoys: 10:51am On Aug 15, 2020
You were never an atheist to begin with.

Secondly, your religious view of homosexuality is not valid for as long as it tramples on human right.

Your God endorsed slavery, but slavery is a hideous crime you dare not meddle with today.

Seems human laws or rather, human right always prevail at the end of the day.

Currently, religion is on life support. You guys will be lucky to survive another decade. People are waking up!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muslim Dies, Sees Hell, Meets Jesus As Savior / Biography Of Apostle Femi Lazarus : Ministry, Age, Family And Pictures / What Can We Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.