Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,507 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:47 PM

Would You Follow Someone Like Prophet Muhammad If He Appears Today? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Would You Follow Someone Like Prophet Muhammad If He Appears Today? (2991 Views)

Islam's Prophet Muhammad's 'Timeless' Pandemic Advice Goes Viral In 2020 / Allahu Akbar Appears On A Tree In Ikorodu Area Of Lagos. Photos / Allah 'Appears' On Ogun Land Bought By Muslim Prayer Group (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Follow Someone Like Prophet Muhammad If He Appears Today? by tintingz(m): 4:17pm On Jul 08, 2020
budaatum:

Am I to understand that you would allow a self certified surgeon perform surgery on you?

Or is it your claim that others would, or should?

Do you really expect that I would bother to take you up the mountain again, tingz?

Sigh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Follow Someone Like Prophet Muhammad If He Appears Today? by tintingz(m): 4:22pm On Jul 08, 2020
budaatum:

No tingz. Islam does not teach messianism. Islam teaches self salvation, so I will not waste my time telling you anything of the sort.

You will go pick up your Quran and read it to understand if you really want to know. You must do the work to get the gains is the lesson being taught with "neverland".

You don't even know anything about Islam, Islam teaches Messianism (the second coming of Jesus).

But my post isn't even about that, I'm simply saying if someone like Muhammad appears today (assuming no Muhammad in the past but future), would you follow him?

2 Likes

Re: Would You Follow Someone Like Prophet Muhammad If He Appears Today? by IMAliyu(m): 6:48pm On Jul 08, 2020
Really depends on a lot of things.
If a man came with the exact same things you mentioned, today then it's easily no.

But if a man like Muhammad were to be born in this day and age with the current global culture where slavery is no longer globally accepted, a better understanding of the world, science and technology exists etc. He would probably not hold thesame opinions or actions which you mentioned.

Based on his personality and skills, (pre prophethood) which he was introverted, smart, constantly meditating and probably trying to figure out the truth. He could had been either a philosopher, theorist, idealist or mystic, or a combination of these.(Makkah era)
And would try to preach/spread his ideals if he was dissatisfied with society and if he was to become successful and did gain a following (based on his later life, Madina era) he could become a revolutionary leader like in he did in his time.
And depending on the size of his following, he might become someone similar to revolutionaries like Vladimir Lenin or Che Guevara someone that believed in his own ideals and was willing to take up arms for them and to add he was surprisingly skilled in military/fighting tactics.

Either way having the specific set of traits and skills that Muhammad had and to accomplish what he did are rare. And when people show up who posses similar traits and careesma, people are always drawn to them. They can either become good leaders that inspire people or genocidal dictators.

Either way it would depend on what this new Muhammad is preaching, whether it's reasonable or not.

1 Like

Re: Would You Follow Someone Like Prophet Muhammad If He Appears Today? by advocatejare(m): 7:14pm On Jul 08, 2020
AntiChristian:

See your error in red! What kind of referencing is this for Bukhari? Ignorant ex-Muslim.
Keep displaying your ignorance for the world to see.
In case you don't know you can either reference Sahih Bukhari as Book 9 Volume 87 Hadiths 111 or simply as 9:87:111. You didn't know the basic things as a Christian and you're displaying the same folly as a Muslim.

No, Like your God that sentenced his son to death by crucifixion.
But your god said in the Quran that he had to replace son of his with another innocent man to die for his son that was born after he breathed his spirit into Maryam's vagina.

What was the crime of the innocent man that died on the cross in place of your god's son?
Re: Would You Follow Someone Like Prophet Muhammad If He Appears Today? by budaatum: 7:53pm On Jul 08, 2020
tintingz:

You don't even know anything about Islam, Islam teaches Messianism (the second coming of Jesus).
Messianism is not just about "the second coming of Jesus", but about the salvation brought about by his second coming, which is not promised in Islam, but since you show no basic understanding of Islam I can't expect you to understand that.
Re: Would You Follow Someone Like Prophet Muhammad If He Appears Today? by tintingz(m): 10:24pm On Jul 08, 2020
budaatum:

Messianism is not just about "the second coming of Jesus", but about the salvation brought about by his second coming, which is not promised in Islam, but since you show no basic understanding of Islam I can't expect you to understand that.

Muslims believe in Messianism not just the Christian version.
Re: Would You Follow Someone Like Prophet Muhammad If He Appears Today? by tintingz(m): 10:29pm On Jul 08, 2020
IMAliyu:
Really depends on a lot of things.
If a man came with the exact same things you mentioned, today then it's easily no.

But if a man like Muhammad were to be born in this day and age with the current global culture where slavery is no longer globally accepted, a better understanding of the world, science and technology exists etc. He would probably not hold thesame opinions or actions which you mentioned.

Based on his personality and skills, (pre prophethood) which he was introverted, smart, constantly meditating and probably trying to figure out the truth. He could had been either a philosopher, theorist, idealist or mystic, or a combination of these.(Makkah era)
And would try to preach/spread his ideals if he was dissatisfied with society and if he was to become successful and did gain a following (based on his later life, Madina era) he could become a revolutionary leader like in he did in his time.
And depending on the size of his following, he might become someone similar to revolutionaries like Vladimir Lenin or Che Guevara someone that believed in his own ideals and was willing to take up arms for them and to add he was surprisingly skilled in military/fighting tactics.

Either way having the specific set of traits and skills that Muhammad had and to accomplish what he did are rare. And when people show up who posses similar traits and careesma, people are always drawn to them. They can either become good leaders that inspire people or genocidal dictators.

Either way it would depend on what this new Muhammad is preaching, whether it's reasonable or not.

Good point.

So in nutshell someone like Muhammad today would be updated version?

Someone that would be scientific if he appears today is someone like Plato, Aristotle, I don't think someone like Muhammad will be scientific or very intelligent, maybe a smart person yes.
Re: Would You Follow Someone Like Prophet Muhammad If He Appears Today? by Xmuslim: 1:41am On Jul 09, 2020
budaatum:

No tingz. Islam does not teach messianism. Islam teaches self salvation, so I will not waste my time telling you anything of the sort.

You will go pick up your Quran and read it to understand if you really want to know. You must do the work to get the gains is the lesson being taught with "neverland".

If you want to know Muhammad, read hadith and Islamic history. You can't know Muhammad from the Qur'an.

No Muslim (except quraniyun) will debunk any of the characteristics listed by the OP. Muhammad was a warlord. Read hadith and come back to correct your assumptions about Muhammad. Infact, what he listed are tips of the iceberg. If I should open up the sea regarding Muhammad atrocities, you will immediately stop calling him a prophet.

Even some western Muslims are ashamed of Muhammad and they're trying to discard many authentic hadeeths.

1 Like

Re: Would You Follow Someone Like Prophet Muhammad If He Appears Today? by budaatum: 10:13am On Jul 09, 2020
Xmuslim:

If you want to know Muhammad, read hadith and Islamic history. You can't know Muhammad from the Qur'an.

No Muslim (except quraniyun) will debunk any of the characteristics listed by the OP. Muhammad was a warlord. Read hadith and come back to correct your assumptions about Muhammad. Infact, what he listed are tips of the iceberg. If I should open up the sea regarding Muhammad atrocities, you will immediately stop calling him a prophet.

Even some western Muslims are ashamed of Muhammad and they're trying to discard many authentic hadeeths.

I have read hadiths. He may have been a warlord, but there is a lot more to him than that, and only those who focus on tiny bits won't see that.

Do post some hadiths to prove your point though. You know we love evidence instead of assertions.
Re: Would You Follow Someone Like Prophet Muhammad If He Appears Today? by Xmuslim: 10:46am On Jul 09, 2020
budaatum:

I have read hadiths. He may have been a warlord, but there is a lot more to him than that, and only those who focus on tiny bits won't see that.

Do post some hadiths to prove your point though. You know we love evidence instead of assertions.

Of course I never deny the good side of Muhammad. But it's good to note that he goodness is more towards Muslim (quran even state this fact).

The point I'm stressing is that he's not a Saint. He has good side and bad side.

Too many evidence, do check some of my threads. If I have time, I will post more
Re: Would You Follow Someone Like Prophet Muhammad If He Appears Today? by budaatum: 5:45pm On Jul 09, 2020
Xmuslim:

Of course I never deny the good side of Muhammad. But it's good to note that he goodness is more towards Muslim (quran even state this fact).

The point I'm stressing is that he's not a Saint. He has good side and bad side.

Too many evidence, do check some of my threads. If I have time, I will post more
No one is saying he was a saint, but that's no reason to misrepresent him as op has rather ignorantly done.
Re: Would You Follow Someone Like Prophet Muhammad If He Appears Today? by tintingz(m): 8:00pm On Jul 09, 2020
budaatum:

No one is saying he was a saint, but that's no reason to misrepresent him as op has rather ignorantly done.

You still haven't mentioned where the Op misinterpreted him.
Re: Would You Follow Someone Like Prophet Muhammad If He Appears Today? by budaatum: 8:20pm On Jul 09, 2020
tintingz:

You still haven't mentioned where the Op misinterpreted him.
The op should go do some homework opself.
Re: Would You Follow Someone Like Prophet Muhammad If He Appears Today? by tintingz(m): 8:24pm On Jul 09, 2020
budaatum:

The op should go do some homework opself.

Why not educate me, where did the OP misinterpreted him?
Re: Would You Follow Someone Like Prophet Muhammad If He Appears Today? by budaatum: 8:36pm On Jul 09, 2020
tintingz:

Why not educate me, where did the OP misinterpreted him?
I have educated you in the past tingz and it is clear you have no desire nor the ability to learn.

budaatum:

Do you really expect that I would bother to take you up the mountain again, tingz?
Re: Would You Follow Someone Like Prophet Muhammad If He Appears Today? by tintingz(m): 9:12pm On Jul 09, 2020
budaatum:

I have educated you in the past tingz and it is clear you have no desire nor the ability to learn.

Sigh.
Re: Would You Follow Someone Like Prophet Muhammad If He Appears Today? by AgentNairaland(f): 6:12pm On Jul 11, 2020
advocatejare:

Like Muhammad who wanted to commit suicide by trying to throw himself down a mountain

"Prophet (peace be upon him) became so sad as we have heard(come to know) that he intended several times to throw himself from the tops of high mountains and every time he went up the top of a mountain in order to throw himself down..."
Sahih Bukhari 9:87:111

AntiChristian see your prophet ohh my God grin

1 Like

Re: Would You Follow Someone Like Prophet Muhammad If He Appears Today? by AntiChristian: 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2020
AgentNairaland:

A half written Hadith...and you are mocking!

But you believe your God came to murder himself on the cross... grin

Put on your thinking cap please!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would You Follow Someone Like Prophet Muhammad If He Appears Today? by advocatejare(m): 7:47pm On Jul 11, 2020
AgentNairaland:

His suicidal false Prophet
Re: Would You Follow Someone Like Prophet Muhammad If He Appears Today? by AgentNairaland(f): 9:31pm On Jul 11, 2020
advocatejare:

AntiChristian, it is finish for you grin
Re: Would You Follow Someone Like Prophet Muhammad If He Appears Today? by AgentNairaland(f): 9:33pm On Jul 11, 2020
AntiChristian:

A half written Hadith...and you are mocking!

But you believe your God came to murder himself on the cross... grin

Put on your thinking cap please!

Your suicidal false Prophet grin

I love that hadith
Re: Would You Follow Someone Like Prophet Muhammad If He Appears Today? by AntiChristian: 12:45am On Jul 12, 2020
AgentNairaland:

Your suicidal false Prophet grin

I love that hadith

But your God came to commit suicide too na? I hate that.
Re: Would You Follow Someone Like Prophet Muhammad If He Appears Today? by AntiChristian: 12:47am On Jul 12, 2020
AgentNairaland:

AntiChristian, it is finish for you grin

Your God said it is finished when death killed him.
Re: Would You Follow Someone Like Prophet Muhammad If He Appears Today? by AntiChristian: 12:48am On Jul 12, 2020
advocatejare:

Whose God committed suicide?
Re: Would You Follow Someone Like Prophet Muhammad If He Appears Today? by AgentNairaland(f): 3:30am On Jul 12, 2020
AntiChristian:

But your God came to commit suicide too na? I hate that.

A whole messenger of allah grin
Re: Would You Follow Someone Like Prophet Muhammad If He Appears Today? by AntiChristian: 6:13am On Jul 12, 2020
AgentNairaland:

A whole messenger of allah grin

A whole Yahweh Jehovah was killed by death through humans!
Re: Would You Follow Someone Like Prophet Muhammad If He Appears Today? by AgentNairaland(f): 6:55am On Jul 12, 2020
AntiChristian:

A whole Yahweh Jehovah was killed by death through humans!

Killed and resurrected thank God you have it in quran or you don't like reading that portion in your war manual book, quran? What can you say about your suicidal messenger grin
Re: Would You Follow Someone Like Prophet Muhammad If He Appears Today? by AntiChristian: 6:58am On Jul 12, 2020
AgentNairaland:

Killed and resurrected thank God you have it in quran or you don't like reading that portion in your war manual book, quran? What can you say about your suicidal messenger grin

He's not like Samson who committed suicide with his enemies. And my God no dey die at all.
Re: Would You Follow Someone Like Prophet Muhammad If He Appears Today? by AgentNairaland(f): 7:31am On Jul 12, 2020
AntiChristian:

He's not like Samson who committed suicide with his enemies. And my God no dey die at all.

The one that was poisoned, ate poisonous pork meat is your enemy em? grin
Re: Would You Follow Someone Like Prophet Muhammad If He Appears Today? by AntiChristian: 8:17am On Jul 12, 2020
AgentNairaland:

The one that was poisoned, ate poisonous pork meat is your enemy em? grin

Being poisoned was part of his destiny.

Pork meat? See the lying Christian again! Holy spirit have left you if you had one before sef.

How can I worship a God that can die?
Re: Would You Follow Someone Like Prophet Muhammad If He Appears Today? by AgentNairaland(f): 10:01am On Jul 12, 2020
AntiChristian:

Being poisoned was part of his destiny.

Pork meat? See the lying Christian again! Holy spirit have left you if you had one before sef.

How can I worship a God that can die?

Tell us the type of meat Late messenger of allah ate grin

His god couldn't stopped him from eating food that has been poisoned right
Re: Would You Follow Someone Like Prophet Muhammad If He Appears Today? by AntiChristian: 10:08am On Jul 12, 2020
AgentNairaland:

Tell us the type of meat Late messenger of allah ate grin

His god couldn't stopped him from eating food that has been poisoned right

He died about four years after eating the meat. But why lie it was pork before if you don't know? Did your Bible teach you to tell lies to non-christians to entice them to Christianity?

He surely died at the time Allaah destined for him.

Can you tell us why your God had to murder himself on the cross?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Virtue Of Fasting Six Days Of Shawwaal After Ramadan / Letter Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery / Rules Guiding The Use Of Sutrah During Salat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.