Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. (7478 Views)

Ex-governor Lamido's Supporters Scale Airport Fence To Welcome Him (PHOTOS) / Warning To All Nigerians On Insults On PMB - Cramjones / El-rufai Retweets Insults On President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by violent(m): 10:38am On Feb 02, 2011
Nigeria Liberty Forum in London has begun a massive Facebook campaign against "Emperor" Sule Lamido. Led by Kayode Ogundamisi, the UK-based protest movement has asked Nigerians on Facebook to bombard the Facebook page of Sule Lamido in order to force him to drop the charges against Mukhtar with immediate effect.

Mukhtar's father, Mr. Ibrahim Aminu, a former House of Assembly member in Jigawa, recently left the PDP for the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN).

To protest Moukhtar's detention:

Lamido's FB Groups page

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=67151009377

Send An Email to Sule Lamido & tell me what you feel about him:

http://jigawastate.gov.ng/contentpage.php?id=255
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by saintneo(m): 10:44am On Feb 02, 2011
Now let's see him arrest everybody. Bloody tyrants!
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by violent(m): 10:46am On Feb 02, 2011
I am loving my fellow country men for this, quite impressive really!

and here is a quote from the boy's lawyer

“What has happened to this man is indefensible,” said an Abuja-based lawyer, adding, “Curiously, the penal code doesn't know Internet defamation as an offense.” The lawyer accused Governor Lamido and the police commissioner of abuse of power as well as “stretching a law to cover a ground that it does not cover.” Section 393 states: "Any person who, with intent to defraud, conceals the whole or part of any document which is evidence of title to any land or estate in land is guilty of a felony, and is liable to imprisonment for three years."
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by Pennywise(m): 10:51am On Feb 02, 2011
Let us show this mofo Lamido guy how we do it on NL. We need just two volunteers to work on him and his attorney general.

Oh! I see. The NLF is already keeping him busy on fb
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by violent(m): 11:05am On Feb 02, 2011
It will be great to see how many people this bigot is capable of arresting!
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by Nobody: 11:10am On Feb 02, 2011
“What has happened to this man is indefensible,” said an Abuja-based lawyer, adding, “Curiously, the penal code doesn't know Internet defamation as an offense.” The lawyer accused Governor Lamido and the police commissioner of abuse of power as well as “stretching a law to cover a ground that it does not cover.” Section 393 states: "Any person who, with intent to defraud, conceals the whole or part of any document which is evidence of title to any land or estate in land is guilty of a felony, and is liable to imprisonment for three years."

i no talk am cheesy cheesy
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by Beaf: 11:11am On Feb 02, 2011
Does anybody know what Mukhtar's actual words were? Especially as his dad is also a politician? Why rush into action, while uninformed?
I don't subscribe to hasty actions. Tell us what the boy said and let us make up our minds in an intelligent way if he is a criminal or not.
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 02, 2011
i dey go drop my own yabs.
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by violent(m): 11:16am On Feb 02, 2011
oyb:

i no talk am  cheesy cheesy

grin grin grin

I also knew the dude was being charged under the wrong codes, just enough for a judge to remand him in prison.

The lawyer accused Governor Lamido and the police commissioner of abuse of power as well as “stretching a law to cover a ground that it does not cover.” Section 393 states: "Any person who, with intent to defraud, conceals the whole or part of any document which is evidence of title to any land or estate in land is guilty of a felony, and is liable to imprisonment for three years."

This is clearly a "how-dare-you-insult-me,-don't-you-know-who-i-am" syndrome.
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by violent(m): 11:19am On Feb 02, 2011
The Police in Naija can really accuse you of doing something you haven't even thought of before. I have seen someone accused of being an armed robber simply because he had a hot argument with a Police officer.

here is the section of the penal code.

Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by Nobody: 11:25am On Feb 02, 2011
i wish i could comment on his page, if he reads it he will call for my head asap. he is a big Gorilla, i know he is interested in the 2015 presidency thats why he fought atiku and is supporting jonathan blindly but we will meet him at the polls, ALIKA
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by Afam4eva(m): 11:27am On Feb 02, 2011
I just gave the guy a piece of my mind.
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by Nobody: 11:31am On Feb 02, 2011
say no to future censorship and dictatorship

no to goodluck ebele johnathan
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by nwabobo: 11:46am On Feb 02, 2011
Beaf:

Does anybody know what Mukhtar's actual words were? Especially as his dad is also a politician? Why rush into action, while uninformed?
I don't subscribe to hasty actions. Tell us what the boy said and let us make up our minds in an intelligent way if he is a criminal or not.

Below is the what Mukhtar wrote on his fb page;

Moukhtar Ibrahim Aminu
"ALLAH KA WARGAZA SULE LAMODI DA SAURAN TSINANNUN ABOKANSA, ALLAH KA WALAKANTA SULE LAMIDO DA TSINAN NUN ABOKANSA, ALLAH KATONAWA SULE LAMIDO DA ABOKANSA ASIRI, ALLAH KA TSIYATA SULE LAMIDO DA TSINAN NUN ABOKANSA, AMEEN DUK NA ANNABI YACE AMEEN"

Translated into English, it means;

"O Allah destroy Sule Lamido and the rest of his friends, O Allah disgrace Sule Lamido and the rest of his cursed friends, O Allah curse Sule Lamido and the rest of his cursed friends, O Allah expose Sule Lamido and the rest of his cursed friends, O Allah inflict poverty on Sule Lamido and the rest of his cursed friends Amen and all those for prophet Muhammad (SAW) say Amen.”
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by Beaf: 11:52am On Feb 02, 2011
nwabobo:

Below is the what Mukhtar wrote on his fb page;

Moukhtar Ibrahim Aminu
"ALLAH KA WARGAZA SULE LAMODI DA SAURAN TSINANNUN ABOKANSA, ALLAH KA WALAKANTA SULE LAMIDO DA TSINAN NUN ABOKANSA, ALLAH KATONAWA SULE LAMIDO DA ABOKANSA ASIRI, ALLAH KA TSIYATA SULE LAMIDO DA TSINAN NUN ABOKANSA, AMEEN DUK NA ANNABI YACE AMEEN"

Translated into English, it means;

"O Allah destroy Sule Lamido and the rest of his friends, O Allah disgrace Sule Lamido and the rest of his cursed friends, O Allah curse Sule Lamido and the rest of his cursed friends, O Allah expose Sule Lamido and the rest of his cursed friends, O Allah inflict poverty on Sule Lamido and the rest of his cursed friends Amen and all those for prophet Muhammad (SAW) say Amen.”

Thank you.
I am dissapointed in Lamido if this is correct. Do you have a link?
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by proflynks1(m): 11:54am On Feb 02, 2011
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by nwabobo: 12:01pm On Feb 02, 2011
Beaf:

Thank you.
I am dissapointed in Lamido if this is correct. Do you have a link?
Here are the links;

http://www.facebook.com/moukhtar.i.aminu?sk=wall

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/governor-lamido-jigawa-arrests-citizen-facebook-%E2%80%9Cinsult%E2%80%9D

BTW, I think the text was too extreme. It could be Lamido today and tomorrow, this man can graduate to become a suicide bomber.
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by blacksta(m): 12:07pm On Feb 02, 2011
Left a peace of my mind on his page -
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by violent(m): 12:14pm On Feb 02, 2011
^^^

I share your view of those statements being too extreme, what i don't however believe is that the dude ought to be locked up for such.

A rational analysis of those statements points out that

1) The dude was making a direct reference to "Allah", the governor was only mentioned as a subject in those statements.

2) I don't see any insulting or defaming words, more like a prayer for him, could be interpreted as a curse, our constitution does not provide legal basis for curses.

3) I don't see any words that indicates that the dude has intentions of causing grievous bodily harm to the governor, what he has simply done is to have expressed his opinion, although in a morally unjust manner, but the constitution provides allowance for right to thought, and freedom of expression, the dude has simply exercised both at once.

4) I don't see anywhere in the text that supports the penal code the dude has been charged under, and he was remanded in prison on the premise of the penal code.

In all, I don't support what the dude has done, however in this case, a stern warning and an order to tender apology might have been sufficient rather than locking him up. The final judgement on this case will weigh a lot on the extent in which freedom of speech can be exercised.
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by nwabobo: 12:18pm On Feb 02, 2011
violent:

^^^

I share your view of those statements being too extreme, what i don't however believe is that the dude ought to be locked up for such.

A rational analysis of those statements points out that

1) The dude was making a direct reference to "Allah", the governor was only mentioned as a subject in those statements.

2) I don't see any insulting or defaming words, more like a prayer for him, could be interpreted as a curse, our constitution does not provide legal basis for curses.

3) I don't see any words that indicates that the dude has intentions of causing grievous bodily harm to the governor, what he has simply done is to have expressed his opinion, although in a morally unjust manner, but the constitution provides allowance for right to thought, and freedom of expression, the dude has simply exercised both at once.

4) I don't see anywhere in the text that supports the penal code the dude has been charged under, and he was remanded in prison on the premise of the penal code.

In all, I don't support what the dude has done, however in this case, a stern warning and an order to tender apology might have been sufficient rather than locking him up. The final judgement on this case will weigh a lot on the extent in which freedom of speech can be exercised.  

Such words coming from a young Islamic follower is suspect. Today, it is Sule lamido. Tomorrow, he might decide to blow up some people. [size=5pt]this could be more like nipping it in the bud[/size]
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by hynex79(m): 12:19pm On Feb 02, 2011
but how come the same guy is part of his admin team,or are they different persons?
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by hynex79(m): 12:22pm On Feb 02, 2011
nwabobo:

Such words coming from a young Islamic follower is suspect. Today, it is Sule lamido. Tomorrow, he might decide to blow up some people. [size=5pt]this could be more like nipping it in the bud[/size]
i see sense in your post.the guy could have terrorist tendencies,just like most moslems are potential terrorists.
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by Nobody: 12:24pm On Feb 02, 2011
God punish you, God punish your family, e no go better for you, wicked man - you can hear these exchanges in a danfo bus or in lagos traffic - along with the waka - God punish your mother every other day .

the mukthar fellow is a typical nigerian - mouthing off empty curses. lamido should have brushed that like dirt off his shoulder.
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by nwabobo: 12:27pm On Feb 02, 2011
hynex79:

but how come the same guy is part of his admin team,or are they different persons?

The page was apparently created before the PDP primaries where Atiku lost to GEJ. Dude is probably voicing out his frustration at the feeling of betrayal by Lamido to the Northern cause.
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by Beaf: 12:29pm On Feb 02, 2011
From everything I've garthered so far, the boys fb post might only be the tip of the iceberg. There is a lot of horrible politics going on in the North right now, with religious messages, death threats etc being liberally deployed.
I will take the back sit again and advice we wait this out, at least wait a couple of days since the gov is now under some pressure to reveal the reasons for his actions (if his words won't prejudice a matter already before court).
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by Nobody: 12:37pm On Feb 02, 2011
What is the governor's offence to warrant all these curses ? If na corruption and bad leadership,let me add my own too.may devil punish the governor

grin grin grin
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by tlops(m): 12:38pm On Feb 02, 2011
why is Lamido trying to disgrace my peaceful state, I had good times at Dutse,
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by nwabobo: 12:40pm On Feb 02, 2011
Beaf:

From everything I've garthered so far, the boys fb post might only be the tip of the iceberg. There is a lot of horrible politics going on in the North right now, with religious messages, death threats etc being liberally deployed.
I will take the back sit again and advice we wait this out, at least wait a couple of days since the gov is now under some pressure to reveal the reasons for his actions (if his words won't prejudice a matter already before court).

Same dude posted this on his page.

‘Allah ya tsinema Cardinal Isa Yuguda, Reverend Murtala Nyako, Bishop Shehu Shema and Pastor Sule Lamido. Most Reverend Sunusi Daggash & Priest Abba Aji. They are the enemies of the North and Islam. ’
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by tlops(m): 12:41pm On Feb 02, 2011
Did anyone notice that the guy (Muhktar Aminu) seems to be one of the administrator of the page.

if so, Then I think he's broken an edge.
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by johnjoel(m): 12:43pm On Feb 02, 2011
big FOOL that what he is,i love you guys that show true nigeria.speak for your right and stand to it
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by Mobinga: 12:47pm On Feb 02, 2011
Modified. Before them con arrest me grin grin
Re: Governor Lamido Faces More Insults On Facebook For A Citizens Arrest. by proflynks1(m): 12:55pm On Feb 02, 2011
;d ;d

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

VP Sambo's Convoy Defies Traffic Rules In Abuja / Oct. 1 Bombing Meant To Cause Confusion In Nigeria’ / Unemployment Is Not A Headache For Us – Aregbesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.