Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,956 members, 7,803,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? - Properties (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? (51852 Views)

Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help / My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? / Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Sarang(f): 4:46pm On Jul 07, 2020
SoccerUSA:

Okay right.
You said your sis is in the UK. Is she suffering or is she back home yet and complaining?

No she isn’t but she is moving to Canada after studies. UK barely give their students residencies
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Sarang(f): 4:48pm On Jul 07, 2020
justwise:

Yes if you are unable to get a graduate job under tier 2 visa, if you do then within 6-7yrs you are a citizen or at least PR holder.

Don't waste your money and time coming to the UK to read courses that are not in demand else you will join moaners club

And how many jobs are those?
UK is a dead country living on past glory
Everyone must not be a doctor and in IT

2 Likes

Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by wayodude(m): 4:55pm On Jul 07, 2020
IMO studying and legitimately settling in the UK is very difficult for foreigners in particular those from African countries.

As for your prospects following graduation, that would be dependent on your course of study, economic situation in the country at the time and most importantly the calibre of person you are. If you have the right qualities your chances of success dramatically improve. For example your soft skills would determine if you are able to integrate in society, form friendships with non Nigerians, effortlessly work alongside people with a different culture in a professional capacity etc

These things may sound like rubbish but are as important as your qualifications. Might I also quickly add that if you are not going to study a course which is considered a skill shortage discipline in one of the top universities (check out the times or guardian university league tables) I recommend you rethink the decision to go to the UK.

Finally as for saving money, that would depend on what you make right? Make loads save a bit. Make just enough and save little to nothing.

I probably won't advise a friend who is doing alright in Nigeria to move to the UK. Because I'm a good friend.

3 Likes

Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by jubrilELsudan: 5:00pm On Jul 07, 2020
obstead200:
the more u talk the more u expose Ur own lies. No PhD holder can be as tactless or incoherent as u are. If at all u have an education, maybe it is just an ND diploma

YOU NIGERIANS ARE REALLY SHOCKING IN YOUR MENTALITY OF THINKING FOR THE FACT THAT YOU ARE BRAINWASHED INTO BELIEVING THERE'S A CERTAIN WAY PHD HOLDERS ACT , TALK AND DO , WHATSOEVER.

INDEED YOU ARE BEYOND STUPID TO HAVE THE MENTALITY TO BELIEVE HAVING A PHD MAKES ONE A GOD OR BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE.

YOU NIGERIANS AND YOUR OBSESSION WITH TITLES AND GLORYING TITTLES ALL IN THE NAME OF BIGMANISM....SMH.

YOU NIGERIANS ARE STUPID TO BELIEVE SPEAKING HEAVY ENGLISH GRAMMAR ELEVATES YOU ABOVE EVERYONE ELSE.

SEE HERE ABROAD YOU SPEAKING HEAVY ENGLISH GRAMMAR LIKE YOU IDIOTS DO IN NIGERIA TO MAKE YOURSELVES FEEL SUPERIOR IN THE EYES OF YOUR FELLOW BRAINLESS NIGERIANS JUST MAKES YOU LOOK PLAIN STUPID IN THE EYES OF EVERYBODY AND EVERYONE WILL ADDRESS AND TREAT YOU LIKE A DOUCHE-BAG THAT YOU ARE.

YOU THINK HERE ABROAD HAVING A PHD IS A LIFE ACHIEVEMENT AND YOU MUST CHANGE YOUR WAY OF SPEAKING AND HOW YOU ACT IN PUBLIC BECAUSE NOW YOU A PHD HOLDER...SMH.

THE PROBLEM WITH YOU IS THAT YOU CANNOT EVEN BEGIN TO IMAGINE SOMEONE LIKE ME WHO YOU BELIEVE IS A RIFF RAFF IS EVEN BASED ABROAD , TALK MORE OF HAVING A PHD WHICH YOU SO WORSHIP.

ITS VERY OBVIOUS YOU DIDN'T EVEN SLEEP LAST NITE CAUSE YOU JUST THINKING HOW A RIFF RAFF LIKE MYSELF CAN EVEN CLAIM TO HAVE AN ALMIGHTY PHD WHICH YOU SO WORSHIP.

IF IT WILL MAKE YOU SLEEP BETTER AT NITE, AM NOT BASED IN NIGERIA. I HAVEN'T BEEN TO NIGERIA IN 20 YEARS AND WILL NEVER GO THERE.

WELL I DON'T BLAME YOU FOR YOUR IGNORANCE. ITS LACK OF EXPOSURE THAT YOU DON'T HAVE THAT MADE YOU HAVE SUCH A FISH BRAIN MENTALITY.

ITS VERY OBVIOUS YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE A PASSPORT TALK MORE OF A VISA.

THE BEST EXPERIENCE YOU HAVE HAD OF BEING ABROAD IS GOING TO THE INTERSECTION AT AIRPORT ROAD.

CORONA FALL INSIDE YOU ANUS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by wayodude(m): 5:05pm On Jul 07, 2020
jubrilELsudan:

YOU NIGERIANS ARE REALLY SHOCKING IN YOUR MENTALITY OF THINKING FOR THE FACT THAT YOU ARE BRAINWASHED INTO BELIEVING THERE'S A CERTAIN WAY PHD HOLDERS ACT , TALK AND DO , WHATSOEVER.

INDEED YOU ARE BEYOND STUPID TO HAVE THE MENTALITY TO BELIEVE HAVING A PHD MAKES ONE A GOD OR BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE.

YOU NIGERIANS AND YOUR OBSESSION WITH TITLES AND GLORYING TITTLES ALL IN THE NAME OF BIGMANISM....SMH.

YOU NIGERIANS ARE STUPID TO BELIEVE SPEAKING HEAVY ENGLISH GRAMMAR ELEVATES YOU ABOVE EVERYONE ELSE.

SEE HERE ABROAD YOU SPEAKING HEAVY ENGLISH GRAMMAR LIKE YOU IDIOTS DO IN NIGERIA TO MAKE YOURSELVES FEEL SUPERIOR IN THE EYES OF YOUR FELLOW BRAINLESS NIGERIANS JUST MAKES YOU LOOK PLAIN STUPID IN THE EYES OF EVERYBODY AND EVERYONE WILL ADDRESS AND TREAT YOU LIKE A DOUCHE-BAG THAT YOU ARE.

YOU THINK HERE ABROAD HAVING A PHD IS A LIFE ACHIEVEMENT AND YOU MUST CHANGE YOUR WAY OF SPEAKING AND HOW YOU ACT IN PUBLIC BECAUSE NOW YOU A PHD HOLDER...SMH.

THE PROBLEM WITH YOU IS THAT YOU CANNOT EVEN BEGIN TO IMAGINE SOMEONE LIKE ME WHO YOU BELIEVE IS A RIFF RAFF IS EVEN BASED ABROAD , TALK MORE OF HAVING A PHD WHICH YOU SO WORSHIP.

ITS VERY OBVIOUS YOU DIDN'T EVEN SLEEP LAST NITE CAUSE YOU JUST THINKING HOW A RIFF RAFF LIKE MYSELF CAN EVEN CLAIM TO HAVE AN ALMIGHTY PHD WHICH YOU SO WORSHIP.

IF IT WILL MAKE YOU SLEEP BETTER AT NITE, AM NOT BASED IN NIGERIA. I HAVEN'T BEEN TO NIGERIA IN 20 YEARS AND WILL NEVER GO THERE.

WELL I DON'T BLAME YOU FOR YOUR IGNORANCE. ITS LACK OF EXPOSURE THAT YOU DON'T HAVE THAT MADE YOU HAVE SUCH A FISH BRAIN MENTALITY.

THE BEST EXPERIENCE YOU HAVE HAD OF BEING ABROAD IS GOING TO THE INTERSECTION AT AIRPORT ROAD.

Hit the Caps lock once. That's a start bro.

1 Like

Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by SoccerUSA(m): 5:07pm On Jul 07, 2020
Sarang:

No she isn’t but she is moving to Canada after studies. UK barely give their students residencies

Simple
she has a plan! Op wouldn't want to leave Nigeria for the UK without weighing options.
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by justwise(m): 5:10pm On Jul 07, 2020
Sarang:

And how many jobs are those?
UK is a dead country living on past glory
Everyone must not be a doctor and in IT

Thousands, in fact at least 1.5M are employed by NHS alone in the UK, there are hundreds of fields within IT.

The UK is one of the best countries in the world, if you don't know that then you have not being paying attention

1 Like

Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by wayodude(m): 5:12pm On Jul 07, 2020
justwise:

Thousands, in fact at least 1.5M are employed by NHS alone in the UK, there are hundreds of fields within IT.

The UK is one of the best countries in the world, if you don't know that then you have not being paying attention

I agree. But language aside it is probably not the easiest to settle in.
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by justwise(m): 5:14pm On Jul 07, 2020
wayodude:

I agree. But language aside it is probably not the easiest to settle in.

Give me an example
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by jubrilELsudan: 5:17pm On Jul 07, 2020
wayodude:

Hit the Caps lock once. That's a start bro.

SAME WORDS YOUR WIFE TELLS ME RITE AFTER I SHOOT MY HOT CUM IN HER MOUTH SHE TELLS YOU EVERY TIME YOU STRUGGLE TO INSERT YOUR SMALL CUCK IN HER FUPA KUKUNASE.

Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by wayodude(m): 5:23pm On Jul 07, 2020
justwise:
[/b]

Give me an example

I can't give exact examples but I will try since this is all about educating people to guide their decisions.

I studied engineering and graduated in the UK in the early 2000s. In my class we were 51. The demographic of the class was like this; three quarters of the class was from India and China with a few others from Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia etc 1 white British person,1 Nigerian and myself.

After graduation only a few stayed back in the UK, one of which was the Nigerian and almost 10 years later he was neither working in a professional capacity nor was he a citizen. He was a good, clever enough and we'll packaged guy though and still yet.

When we did an online zoom class reunion recently the only people who were still in the UK were that guy and me.
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by wayodude(m): 5:24pm On Jul 07, 2020
jubrilELsudan:

SAME WORDS YOUR WIFE TELLS ME RITE AFTER I SHOOT MY HOT CUM IN HER MOUTH SHE TELLS YOU EVERY TIME YOU STRUGGLE TO INSERT YOUR SMALL CUCK IN HER FUPA KUKUNASE.

PhD holder indeed.

No offense but you are an embarrassment to your university if you really are.

2 Likes

Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by hush15: 5:36pm On Jul 07, 2020
Oracle55:
Please my fellows i need your advice, i am in between 2 choices. I have this land i just bought and wana build my house i have fenced it and out gate but i am thinking if to use the money i got to develop the land or i use it and travel abroad (uk ) for my masters pls advice me.

For those abroad is it easy there and can i get a good job after my masters or i should remain here in Nigeria and get married?

I will need to sell my car and properties if i am to travel.

Please help move to front page for more views and suggestions thanks

Complete your house, then plan to sell, while looking for buyers, plan your travel documents and begin to process. If the visa click, When buyer comes with a fair amount, sell and japa else don't sell...

That's my own two cents

2 Likes

Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by obstead200(m): 6:14pm On Jul 07, 2020
jubrilELsudan:

Chai!!!! U are so pained!!! I can feel Ur pain from here. U are trying so hard to use a combination of long speeches, abuses and insult to make Ur point.
Stop talking already. U are giving ur fake cover away.

1 Like

Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by jubrilELsudan: 6:32pm On Jul 07, 2020
obstead200:
Chai!!!! U are so pained!!! I can feel Ur pain from here. U are trying so hard to use a combination of long speeches, abuses and insult to make Ur point.
Stop talking already. U are giving ur fake cover away.

YOU ARE VERY STUPID.

WHO I AM IN NAIRALAND AND WHO I AM IN REAL LIFE ARE TWO DIFFERENT PERSONALITIES.

NAIRALAND IS SOCIAL MEDIA. I CHOOSE TO BE WHO EVER I WANNA BE.

IF YOU MEET ME IN REAL LIFE, YOU CAN'T EVEN LOOK ME IN THE EYE TO EVEN TALK TO ME.

YOU WILL BE ADDRESSING ME AS YES MASTER.

CORONA FALL INSIDE YOUR ANUS.

Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Sarang(f): 6:46pm On Jul 07, 2020
justwise:

And how many of those employed are immigrants?
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Sarang(f): 6:48pm On Jul 07, 2020
SoccerUSA:

Simple
she has a plan! Op wouldn't want to leave Nigeria for the UK without weighing options.

That’s is exactly what people are advising him to do weigh options
UK tuition is expensive and you eventually wanna move to Canada? Why not move to Canada straight
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by justwise(m): 6:58pm On Jul 07, 2020
Sarang:

And how many of those employed are immigrants?

See my attachment and notice where Nigeria is positioned

Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by justwise(m): 7:04pm On Jul 07, 2020
wayodude:

I can't give exact examples but I will try since this is all about educating people to guide their decisions.

I studied engineering and graduated in the UK in the early 2000s. In my class we were 51. The demographic of the class was like this; three quarters of the class was from India and China with a few others from Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia etc 1 white British person,1 Nigerian and myself.

After graduation only a few stayed back in the UK, one of which was the Nigerian and almost 10 years later he was neither working in a professional capacity nor was he a citizen. He was a good, clever enough and we'll packaged guy though and still yet.

When we did an online zoom class reunion recently the only people who were still in the UK were that guy and me.

I understand what you meant by settle now...i thought you were referring to the ability to settle down and a foreigner.

It was a lot difficult in early 200s especially if you are doing masters because you have about 4months after graduation to sort yourself out but with the prospect of PSW you have 2yrs to plan.
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by FabulousAutos(m): 7:13pm On Jul 07, 2020
lexy2014:

In ur earlier comment, u said that there's nothing in d US. But with all u wrote here, u couldn't evidently tell us that there's nothing in d US. U are only saying that it is difficult as a foreigner because of lack of work permit. That doesn't mean that there's nothing in d US. That means if u had work permit, u would have taken d job& stayed in d US.

Please re-read my comment again and show me where I stated that there's nothing in d US.
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by SEGEurope: 7:38pm On Jul 07, 2020
Forget the U.K. bro. Brexit has finished them. As someone here mentioned earlier - Ireland is a better alternative.

If you want to know why Ireland is a better alternative. Read here:

https://peelout.net/ireland/ireland-best-alternative-to-uk/

Also, you'll be on track to Ireland (+EU) passport.

Settle anywhere in the EU after if you wish.
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by broswilli: 8:48pm On Jul 07, 2020
No one can advice you on what to do. Life is a gamble but most time we wish to choose the most likely odd. From what you have said. If you build your house the odd that it remains your house in the next 20 years is 100 percent. The odd that you will get a job abroad after masters is quite low even in Scandinavian countries. The best odd for getting a job is being a professional with experience which will take you another 5 to 10 years to build.

Getting a job in Nigeria is not easy. So many persons with heavy degrees everywhere. So if you have the money to build a house now build it. Just make sure the land is not in dispute. If the land is in dispute then travel abroad to do your masters. Weigh your odds carefully.
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by olaboy1: 10:46pm On Jul 07, 2020
Just to be clear, are you planning on paying two yrs tuition fee and living cost in the UK for your masters degree?
If you are going the education route, then apply to study in Germany, and you stand a better chance to get a job after study and worst case scenario it’s far easier to move to Canada (FSW express entry) even just working in Germany for 6 months after study.
Engineering degrees and work experience from Germany are highly respected.

Forget about UK if you are not a radiologist or some nurse practitioner to contribute to their NHS.
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Sarang(f): 1:00am On Jul 08, 2020
justwise:

See my attachment and notice where Nigeria is positioned

Check the stats of Canada, Aussie and US
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by lexy2014: 9:37am On Jul 08, 2020
FabulousAutos:

Please re-read my comment again and show me where I stated that there's nothing in d US.

In your first sentence of your previous comment, u said this:

"My answer is capital YES".

What question were u asked that made u give that response?
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by wayodude(m): 12:34pm On Jul 08, 2020
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Daejoyoung: 12:59pm On Jul 08, 2020
justwise:

Done that and got the certificate, nairaland is volunteering .

If you worked as a system engineer and was earning 2K euros per month in Germany then you degree doesn't worth the paper its written on.
Lol, I know it's not possible to work as a system engineer in Germany earning only 2k, even for entry level positions. That guy dey burst my head, lol.

1 Like

Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Shhhh01(f): 1:29pm On Jul 08, 2020
Oracle55:
Please my fellows i need your advice, i am in between 2 choices. I have this land i just bought and wana build my house i have fenced it and out gate but i am thinking if to use the money i got to develop the land or i use it and travel abroad (uk ) for my masters pls advice me.

For those abroad is it easy there and can i get a good job after my masters or i should remain here in Nigeria and get married?

I will need to sell my car and properties if i am to travel.

Please help move to front page for more views and suggestions thanks
IF you ask meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. na who i go ask?
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Ekg911(m): 3:12pm On Jul 08, 2020
Emmyjean:
OP what are you still waiting for, in Nigeria?
I will advise you to find your way out of Nigeria sharp sharp, if you have the genuine means of leaving.
I made the worst mistake in my life, in 2011. In 2011, I was making an average of #200k per month then in Naija, I thought I ve arrived. Anything abroad was cancelled in my dictionary. Within a space of 5years, I couldn't make up to #40k per month due to bad Government. Things became soo bad for me for many yrs, until I took the bold step to leave naija to one of the Arab country(GC).
OP within one year in this foreign country, what I couldn't achieve for the past 7yrs in naija, I have achievied them now by God grace.(though you have to work 12hrs/day).

Bro I'm interested in that your Arab country how do I go about it..how much do I spend? Help09033338330
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by hefeeluv: 3:29pm On Jul 08, 2020
golddust6000:
lol, I never even stay illegal in any country before, I came to Germany 2009, graduated from university, work as a system engineer.
I am 1000percent sure you don’t no anything about Europe. Keep on lying to yourself.

so bro are you saying a system engineer earns 2k euro in uk .
cause am in my finals in computer engineering trying to move my way to europe
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Daejoyoung: 4:23pm On Jul 08, 2020
hefeeluv:

so bro are you saying a system engineer earns 2k euro in uk .
cause am in my finals in computer engineering trying to move my way to europe
A system engineer earning 2k in Europe is not true. Not even for entry level positions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

"Do Not Sex Here Again": Uncompleted Building Owner Warns (Photo) / Contact Us For Your Building's P.O. P Ceiling, Screeding And Pillar Designs. / Landlady Discovers Dirty State Of Toilet After Dirty Tenant Moved Out (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.