Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? (51873 Views)

Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help / My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? / Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by yelanst(m): 9:30pm On Jul 06, 2020
Please, contact me whenever you want to sell those properties. I stay at Imo State.
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by mrchineke: 9:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
OkikiOluwa1:

You are technically mad & moro nic.
With this your madness too, you ll end up roaming Nigeria until task force pick you up & dump you in the assylum

Hmmm.....I wish you all the best!
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by earnit1: 9:33pm On Jul 06, 2020
complete it
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 06, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Na you go give am the work visa?

Lol. This guy
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by mrchineke: 9:34pm On Jul 06, 2020
itu404:

Funny, though, one of the priority of those abroad is to build a house . Consider how long it will take you to get a residence permit that will enable you to work then consider the country, too not all country have vacancies this covid era, permanent residence is really not solid so consider how long to get a nationality. i beg finish your house so when you spend years struggling over there you take solace that you have a house already. not to talk of those you think will help you disappointing you and above all pray not to be deported back before you regularise your document

100% on point!
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by mrchineke: 9:37pm On Jul 06, 2020
Oga Op, whatever you do, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ignore the advise of one hungry angry inexperienced OkikiOluwa1
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:41pm On Jul 06, 2020
mrchineke:
Oga Op, whatever you do, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ignore the advise of one hungry angry inexperienced OkikiOluwa1
If my advise is ignored, it doesn't diminish my worth.
However, I m not hungry.
I m well to do. You can check my profile to satisfy your miserable life.
However, I m angry why you v not been dumped in the assylum.
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by TruthSpeaker: 9:42pm On Jul 06, 2020
This COVID-19 period is not the best time to travel abroad (be it for study or for greener pasture). There is crisis everywhere right now and many people have lost their jobs, which means unemployment is a global issue. As a black foreigner, getting a job while you study will be extremely difficult.
There are already many underemployed and unemployed UK Master holders in Nigeria, I don’t think you like joining that group soon.

1 Like

Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:42pm On Jul 06, 2020
mrchineke:

Hmmm.....I wish you all the best!
Just gtfooms
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by kid7soccer(m): 9:46pm On Jul 06, 2020
Oracle55:
Please my fellows i need your advice, i am in between 2 choices. I have this land i just bought and wana build my house i have fenced it and out gate but i am thinking if to use the money i got to develop the land or i use it and travel abroad (uk ) for my masters pls advice me.

For those abroad is it easy there and can i get a good job after my masters or i should remain here in Nigeria and get married?

I will need to sell my car and properties if i am to travel.

Please help move to front page for more views and suggestions thanks

Uncle run o, uncle just run o. But not UK. Germany, Ireland, Canada, Poland is far better than UK. Uk is dead and gone

1 Like

Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by chukel(m): 9:52pm On Jul 06, 2020
Oracle55:
Please my fellows i need your advice, i am in between 2 choices. I have this land i just bought and wana build my house i have fenced it and out gate but i am thinking if to use the money i got to develop the land or i use it and travel abroad (uk ) for my masters pls advice me.

For those abroad is it easy there and can i get a good job after my masters or i should remain here in Nigeria and get married?

go and read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" three times. When you are done, you will know the better decision of the 2 to take.
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 06, 2020
This is not TRUE, that most people with Masters abroad can't afford to buy land. I don't know which people you are referring to. @ 2 years of graduation as an M.Eng, electrical engineer in The US, i already have my own house in Atlanta, and another year down the line, a house in Ibadan. No short cuts, no stolen money. All salaries only. No side business. No hustles. The only downside to these, is if you don't have a valid work permit or a green card. But most European countries have made it easy to get work permits if your course of study is within the Critical Skills, and then a permanent residence.

sonnie10:
Continue what you were doing that gave you that money in Nigeria.
Most people abroad with masters degree can’t afford to buy land and fence it and even have more money left to build.

Trust me you are doing well by all standards. Find a way do your masters in Nigeria in a less stressful way. Maybe weekends.
Continue to grow your investments and don’t get carried away by those glitters you see on social media from the abroad people.

The major problem with traveling is getting a work permit after your study. You don’t ever want to put yourself in that situation.

3 Likes

Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by jubrilELsudan: 9:55pm On Jul 06, 2020
fredylee:

Heard you. Can you share a bit of your experience in South Africa?

EDUCATION IS CHEAP IN SOUTH AFRICA COMPARED TO UK, USA, CANADA.

TOP UNIVERSITY FOR MASTERS IN JOHANNESBURG IS WITS, IF YOU CAN AFFORD THE INTERNATIONAL FEES IF NOT THEN GO FOR UNIVERSITY OF JOHANNESBURG.

UCT IS FIRST CHOICE IF YOU CAN SECURE YOUR ADMISSION.

LIVING IN SOUTH AFRICA IS CHEAP COMPARED TO OTHER ABROAD COUNTRIES.

WITH A $1000 MONTHLY INCOME, YOU WILL LIVE IN A SAFE WHITE UPMARKET SUBURB COMFORTABLY LIKE A KING IN A MANSION.

FOOD IS RELATIVELY CHEAP. BUT THEY GOT NO NIGERIAN FOODSTUFFS LIKE BROWN BEANS, PLANTAIN, YAM, ETC EXCEPT YOU GO BUY THEM AT THE NIGERIAN SHOPS WHERE THEY SELL THEM SO EXPENSIVE LIKE THE IDIOTS THAT THEY ARE, LIKE THEY DOING US A FAVOR TO SELL THEM. BUT THERE ARE NIGERIAN RESTAURANTS AROUND WHERE YOU CAN BUY 9JA FOODS AT REASONABLE AFFORDABLE PRICES.

SOUTH AFRICAN WHITES ARE EXTREMELY RACISTS AND EXTREMELY UNFRIENDLY AND THEY ARE THE WORST KIND OF WHITE PEOPLE YOU WILL MEET ON THE FACE OF THIS PLANET. THEY ARE ONLY NICE TO YOU WHEN THEY WANT TO COLLECT YOUR MONEY AND THE BLACKS ARE XENOPHOBIC AND ALL SOUTH AFRICANS IRRESPECTIVE OF RACE JUDGE US NIGERIANS AS CRIMINALS CAUSE THATS HOW THEIR SHALLOW MENTALITY IS CALIBRATED THANKS TO OUR IBO BROTHERS WHO SPECIAL IN DRUGS AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING AND PROSTITUTION AND OUR YORUBA BROTHERS WHO SPECIALIZE IN YAHOO AND FRAUD.

IN THE WORK PLACE , SOUTH AFRICANS ARE HORRIBLE TOWARDS US NIGERIANS. THEY ALWAYS FEEL THREATENED BY OUR PRESENCE, BUT NEVER THE LESS THATS WHAT THEY DO TO THEMSELVES TOO.

SOUTH AFRICANS ARE SNAKES. BUT THE BIGGEST SNAKES ARE NIGERIANS. WHAT EVER YOU DO, ALWAYS AVOID NIGERIANS BY ALL MEANS. THE NIGERIANS IN JOHANNESBURG ARE EXTREMELY HORRIBLE. THEY NEVER WANT TO SEE ANY NIGERIAN PROGRESS AND LIKE THE SOUTH AFRICANS AND ZIMBABWEANS, THEY GET EXTREMELY JEALOUS WHEN THEY SEE A NIGERIAN DOING BETTER AND LIVING COMFORTABLY IN SOUTH AFRICA.

PEOPLE IN SOUTH AFRICA IRRESPECTIVE OF NATIONALITY ALWAYS FEEL INTIMIDATED BY US NIGERIANS.

EVERY BLACK MAN IN SOUTH AFRICA IS SEEN AS A SUSPECT THANKS TO THE HIGH CRIME RATE AND THEIR APARTHEID PAST.

THE WHITE PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS LOOK AT YOU SUSPICIOUSLY AND EVEN THE BLACKS TOO.

BUT WITH TIME , YOU WILL GET USED TO ALL THESE AND YOU MAY NOT CONSIDER IT TO BE ANYTHING.

FINDING A WHITE COLLAR JOB IN SOUTH AFRICA IS EXTREMELY DIFFICULT. THERE ARE NO JOBS. AND THE GOVERNMENT POLICIES CONCERNING HIRING A FOREIGNER IS EXTREMELY XENOPHOBIC.

US FOREIGNERS ARE BEING MARGINALIZED BY THE XENOPHOBIC GOVERNMENT POLICIES.

BUT IN THE END WE STILL SURVIVE AND GET THE JOBS.

SOUTH AFRICA IS A VERY BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY.

ITS A COLD COUNTRY. ITS WINTER NOW.

SOUTH AFRICANS LIKE TO PARTY AND DRINK AND HAVE FUN. THATS ALL PEOPLE DO IN THIS COUNTRY. THEY ALWAYS CANT WAIT FOR THE WEEKEND ESPECIALLY PAYDAY WEEKEND OR PUBLIC HOLIDAYS OR LONG WEEKEND.

BOOZE AND BRAAI AND CLUBBING AND PARTYING AND FVCKING. THATS ALL THEY KNOW IN SOUTH AFRICA.

SEX IS FREE HERE.

IT'S EASIER TO HAVE SEX WITH A TOTAL STRANGER IN MINUTES OF MEETING THEM THAN TO GET A GOOD MORNING FROM YOUR NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR.

YOU CAN FVCK A LADY HERE UNDER FEW SECONDS OF MEETING HER WITHOUT EVEN SPENDING A SINGLE CENT ON HER. JUST BUY HER COLD DRINK LOL.

HERE THE WOMEN WILL APPROACH YOU AND TELL YOU POINT BLANK THEY WANNA FVCK YOU NO STRINGS ATTACHED.

SEX MEANS NOTHING HERE IN JOHANNESBURG. ANYTHING GOES. EVERYBODY IS FVCKING EVERYBODY AND NOBODY EVEN CARES.

YOUR MARRIED NEIGHBOURS WILL BE FVCKING YOU AND STILL COME VISIT YOU WITH THEIR HUSBANDS.

HERE YOU WILL FVCK DIFFERENT GIRLS, LADIES,WOMEN OF ALL SHAPES AND SIZES TO THE EXTENT THAT YOU WILL RUN AWAY FROM SEX.

IF YOU ARE NOT WELL DISCIPLINED, YOU MAY NOT EVEN CONCENTRATE ON YOUR STUDIES ANYMORE.

THE LEGAL AGE BY LAW TO HAVE CONSENSUAL SEX HERE IS 16YEARS, SO NO MATTER YOUR AGE AS A MAN, YOU CAN FVCK A 16 YEAR OLD LITTLE GIRL AND NOTHING WILL HAPPEN. SO LONG AS SHE GAVE YOU CONSENT, THE POLICE CAN NEVER ARREST YOU FOR IT EVEN IF THEY FIND YOU FVCKING HER IN YOUR HOUSE OR HOTEL.

ASHAWOS HERE ARE VERY VERY VERY VEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY CHEAP.

YOU WILL FVCK AND YOU GO TIRE.

AIDS HERE IS VERY PREVALENT.

1 IN 3 FEMALES IS HIV POSITIVE. AND YOU CAN NEVER TELL CAUSE THEY ALL VERY HEALTHY LOOKING VERY FRESH WITH BIG NYASH AND HIPS WITH SMALL TINY WAIST AND WARM TIGHT SOFT MOIST SWEET SMELLING KUKUNASE.

THE KUKUNASE OF SOUTHY WOMEN SMELLS SO NICE THAT YOU CAN EVEN BATH WITH HER KUKUNASE JUICE.

SOUTH AFRICA IS A VERY BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY TO GO STUDY BUT OPPORTUNITIES AND GROWTH IS LIMITED FOR THE FACT THAT YOU WILL ALWAYS BE SEEN AND TOLD TO YOUR FACE EVERYWHERE YOU GO AND REMINDED THAT YOU ARE A FOREIGNER.

PEOPLE TO AVOID IN SOUTH AFRICA ESPECIALLY JOHANNESBURG ARE NIGERIANS, ZIMBABWEANS, PAKISTANIS, NIGERIANS, NIGERIANS, NIGERIANS.

I REST MY CASE.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by walkwithgod(m): 9:56pm On Jul 06, 2020
JBArokonkwo1:

U are still ignorant. UK just started two years post study visa from 2020. So that automatically means u have two years extra after studies to get a job and stay permanently. Information is power. Stop spreading ignorance

You for leave am make e dey type nonsense. They just like to discourage people because their sojourn did not turn out well for them.

1 Like

Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by gnykelly(m): 9:57pm On Jul 06, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:
You should rather go to Asia or other parts of Europe than going to the UK. That place is already saturated. I have a friend that came back from the UK after his Masters only to be managing his Father's Poultry

poultry bi bawo?!!!
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by sonnie10: 9:58pm On Jul 06, 2020
femi000:
This is not TRUE, that most people with Masters abroad can't afford to buy land. I don't know which people you are referring to. @ 2 years of graduation as an M.Eng, electrical engineer in The US, i already have my own house in Atlanta, and another year down the line, a house in Ibadan. No short cuts, no stolen money. All salaries only. No side business. No hustles. The only downside to these, is if you don't have a valid work permit or a green card. But most European countries have made it easy to get work permits if your course of study is within the Critical Skills, and then a permanent residence.

you left the details of how you got your work permit. Is mortgage house your house? Keep deceiving yourself. My cosine that sells rice whole has a two storey hostel building which he completed under six months.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Ikjosh04: 10:02pm On Jul 06, 2020
Kai!! SA don show you shegay. Abeg gist us. I like travel gidt grin
jubrilELsudan:

AVOID SOUTH AFRICA BY ALL MEANS.

I REPEAT AVOID SOUTH AFRICA BY ALL MEANS IF NOT YOU WILL LIVE TO REGRET YOUR DECISION IN GOING TO SOUTH AFRICA.

I HAVE LIVED IN SOUTH AFRICA SINCE 2004.

I WENT TO VARSITY IN SOUTH AFRICA.

I HAD MY UNDERGRAD AT UNIVERSITY OF JOHANNESBURG. MASTERS AT WITS AND PHD AT STELLENBOSCH UNIVERSITY.

AVOID SOUTH AFRICA BY ALL MEANS.

I REPEAT AVOID SOUTH AFRICA BY ALL MEANS.

A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by bigiyaro(m): 10:03pm On Jul 06, 2020
omorttee4u:
Travelling at this time of Pandemic. You better use your money to build a house. After Coro is completely clear, you can go there as tourist. Don't just take unnecessary risk .
coro can never be completely clear.
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by justwise(m): 10:03pm On Jul 06, 2020
kid7soccer:

Uncle run o, uncle just run o. But not UK. Germany, Ireland, Canada, Poland is far better than UK. Uk is dead and gone

This is coming from somebody still trying to leave Nigeria for Poland? Do you have an idea the number of Polish people living in the UK doing all sorts of jobs?

2 Likes

Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by justwise(m): 10:05pm On Jul 06, 2020
sonnie10:

you left the details of how you got your work permit. Is mortgage house your house? Keep deceiving yourself. My cosine that sells rice whole has a two storey hostel building which he completed under six months.

Mud house?
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by XXLMANDIGO: 10:06pm On Jul 06, 2020
I tell you. Going to school in the UK no be am at all.

gnykelly:

poultry bi bawo?!!!
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Carmal90(m): 10:08pm On Jul 06, 2020
TWservices:

SA is a very good option for study and good life. Only few people realise this. Forget xenophobia. How many educated legit working-class Nigerians have been victim?

Pls what is the average cost of running a South Africa Master?
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by raphy(m): 10:09pm On Jul 06, 2020
them nefa start traveling oga go build your house. i am in same shoe as yours na money be the koko
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by atobs4real(m): 10:11pm On Jul 06, 2020
Which house? Naija house. Please travel go abroad joor. You will build more than enough.

1 Like

Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Agroblessing: 10:12pm On Jul 06, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:
You should rather go to Asia or other parts of Europe than going to the UK. That place is already saturated. I have a friend that came back from the UK after his Masters only to be managing his Father's Poultry
What if your friend has promised his father to help him manage his poultry until he reaches break-even after his studies in the UK?

1 Like

Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Agroblessing: 10:13pm On Jul 06, 2020
sonnie10:

Afi koya jeh cosine!

4 Likes

Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Sirmikky1(m): 10:13pm On Jul 06, 2020
Oracle55:

Put your money in a short/medium term investment, say 8-10 months. By the time you'd be getting your capital and returns back, Corona would have "made way", then you can proceed to Canada for your Master's Prog.
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by gnykelly(m): 10:15pm On Jul 06, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:

I tell you. Going to school in the UK no be am at all.

that guy never had a plan in the first instance. spending over #10m should have an escape plan.
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by Ikjosh04: 10:15pm On Jul 06, 2020
My guy, you're mouthed.
Skymoore1004:
Some people will just open their mouth waaaaahhhhhhh to utter rubbish.

Go to U.K. yen yen yen.
There’s 2 years post study visa yen yen.
If you’re going to the U.K. without studying a medical course or via marriage or Tier 2 work visa (3-5 years), then you’re just wasting your time. You really think that you can get a full time job as a business or another nonsense degree graduate during that 2 years post study visa? Who you be abeg? This corona that Brits are losing their job and all, is now you Naija man dey go give work to? I laugh in depression. U.K. NO WANT UNA AGAIN! If you’re not coming to contribute to their NHS, just pack your thing and be going after studies.

U.K. Study Route that you have to apply for TIER 2 Visa and stay on it for 5 years, before you apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain and still stay on it for a while o, before you now apply for Permanent Residency and then Citizenship. By that time Hushpuppi don already commot prison.

If you’re looking at guaranteed PR, you should be looking at Estonia, Canada, Australia & Scandinavia countries not U.K. or Ireland. It’s better you finish your house till a certain level like roofing. Then you can see how things are going in the world and make your decision. Don’t go to U.K. and waste your time, to come back to nothing.

Na you sabi.
U.K. yen yen yen
Two years post study yen yen yen

1 Like

Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by sonnie10: 10:22pm On Jul 06, 2020
Agroblessing:

Afi koya jeh cosine!
Oga no underwriter would approve you for a mortgage with less than two year of job or credit history.
Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by ghettochild(m): 10:24pm On Jul 06, 2020
hakeem4:
Please finish your house. There’s nothing in this abroad you want to run to. After your masters, they’d probably give you 2 years to look for a high paying job and the probability of you finding that is very low. After that, they would kick you out of their country

Please don’t listen to anyone who says you should just go to the U.K.
Na lie ooo

1 Like

Re: Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? by jubrilELsudan: 10:27pm On Jul 06, 2020
obstead200:
enough with the lies bro. A masters degree holder, especially a foreign trained one, will be too smart to talk the way u are talking. Not to mention a PhD holder.

I can bet u don't even have a bachelors degree

INDEED YOU NIGERIANS ARE EXTREMELY STUPID AND IGNORANT.

SO BECAUSE I DON'T SPEAK IN A CERTAIN WAY OR USE HEAVY GRAMMAR THAT YOUR IGNORANT SHALLOW BRAIN HAS BEEN CALIBRATED TO ASSUME PHD HOLDERS DO, IT'S SO EXTREMELY DIFFICULT FOR YOU TO BELIEVE I EVEN WENT TO A FOREIGN VARSITY.

INDEED THE MENTALITY OF REASONING OF YOU NIGERIANS IS BEYOND HUMAN COMPREHENSION.

NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY NIGERIA IS A SHITHOLE CAUSE WITH YOUR LIKES WITH SUCH A SHALLOW BRAIN FILLED WITH JEALOUSY AND HATRED AND BITTERNESS, WITH SUCH A SHALLOW THINKING FACULTY, NIGERIA WILL NEVER BE GREAT.

FYI, HERE IN JOHANNESBURG, PHD HOLDERS WHO ARE NATIVE SOUTH AFRICANS WALK THE STREETS LOOKING FOR JOBS.

CORONA FALL INSIDE YOUR ANUS.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

"Do Not Sex Here Again": Uncompleted Building Owner Warns (Photo) / Landlady Discovers Dirty State Of Toilet After Dirty Tenant Moved Out (Graphic) / Contact Us For Your Building's P.O. P Ceiling, Screeding And Pillar Designs.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.