Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,787 members, 7,802,459 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

EPL: Mikel Obi Set For Return To English Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / EPL: Mikel Obi Set For Return To English Football (51245 Views)

Ronaldo Set For Return To Former Club As Man Utd Receives Condition To Sell / Mikel Obi Set To Open A Football Academy In Jos, Visits Governor Lalong (Pics) / Mikel Obi Set To Quit Trabzonspor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

EPL: Mikel Obi Set For Return To English Football by robosky02(m): 2:24pm On Jul 06, 2020
West Ham United are in talks to sign former Super Eagles captain, Mikel Obi, according to Tribal Football.

The Nigerian midfielder became a free agent in March, after terminating his contract with Turkish side, Trabzonspor.

Mikel Obi left the club after refusing to play following the COVID-19 outbreak.

The 33-year-old who has previously played for Chelsea and Middlesbrough in England has also been linked with Championship side, West Brom.

But it is understood the Hammers are already in talks with him.

After quitting Trabzonspor, Mikel Obi had been strongly linked with Brazilian sides, Botafogo and Internacional, with the player himself confirming the interest.

However, it seems he is set to make a return to English football.

https://dailypost.ng/2020/07/06/epl-mikel-obi-set-for-return-to-english-football/

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL: Mikel Obi Set For Return To English Football by Neroiam(m): 2:31pm On Jul 06, 2020
I talk am.. Igbo man. Abegi ..retire jor grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL: Mikel Obi Set For Return To English Football by EdiskyHarry: 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
Good luck to him.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL: Mikel Obi Set For Return To English Football by Sirheny007(m): 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
I cannot understand why these guys find it hard to retire.
Do they find their wives boring?

92 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL: Mikel Obi Set For Return To English Football by Amspecial: 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
grin Mikel I will advise u to pipe low grin no cum fall hand know wen to go to China and make money tongue Ur time don pass ur time don pass. I no gree I no gree day tear pant grin

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL: Mikel Obi Set For Return To English Football by robosky02(m): 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
The beautiful Bride of Nigerian football

Forget the talks of clubs in Brazil and Egypt eying him

He will prefer the English football

West Ham and even West Bromish Albion who are in the championship, about to be promoted to EPL also needs him

Beside it will be home coming for his wife and kids

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL: Mikel Obi Set For Return To English Football by levi2(m): 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
Great
Re: EPL: Mikel Obi Set For Return To English Football by theoneJabulani(m): 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
Good for him

Contact me for US and UK used laptops
Re: EPL: Mikel Obi Set For Return To English Football by fastseo: 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
I thought he has retired? Not a football fan though
Re: EPL: Mikel Obi Set For Return To English Football by momodub: 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
nice one Chekube mikel

6 Likes

Re: EPL: Mikel Obi Set For Return To English Football by corenewsonline: 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
For what again? Please Just retire undecided

1 Like

Re: EPL: Mikel Obi Set For Return To English Football by Jestin: 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
Way forward for his career. This is how we want to be represented internationally and not the hush puppy kind of news .

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL: Mikel Obi Set For Return To English Football by Dangrace01: 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
I sabi play ball oh
Re: EPL: Mikel Obi Set For Return To English Football by slapandfall(m): 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
I wish you the best Mikel.

As humans individually, we want opportunities and all pray for light and good pastures.
So i hope you find more for yourself Mikel...

15 Likes

Re: EPL: Mikel Obi Set For Return To English Football by hisexcellency34: 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
The hustle is real
Re: EPL: Mikel Obi Set For Return To English Football by PrinxArthur1(m): 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
hmm
Re: EPL: Mikel Obi Set For Return To English Football by malikombi(m): 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
Dude should retire jare
Re: EPL: Mikel Obi Set For Return To English Football by Lincoln275(m): 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
No qualms

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL: Mikel Obi Set For Return To English Football by Eagool34(m): 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
Wow
Re: EPL: Mikel Obi Set For Return To English Football by oneTIMEman(m): 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
I love seeing him play despite the club

6 Likes

Re: EPL: Mikel Obi Set For Return To English Football by Slawormir: 2:33pm On Jul 06, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Re: EPL: Mikel Obi Set For Return To English Football by ekestic1976(f): 2:33pm On Jul 06, 2020
Sirheny007:

You no like muchmuch money?

5 Likes

Re: EPL: Mikel Obi Set For Return To English Football by Olayinka8793(m): 2:33pm On Jul 06, 2020
The hustle is real.
Even 41 years old Gianluigi Buffon still dey play, but na elusive champions league trophy him dey hustle for while Mikel own na certainly money as per say he be family man with kids to cater for.

9 Likes

Re: EPL: Mikel Obi Set For Return To English Football by ugochukwufrenzy: 2:34pm On Jul 06, 2020
Messi's mate... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL: Mikel Obi Set For Return To English Football by Skye231(m): 2:34pm On Jul 06, 2020
John Obi Mikel.... gone are the days jare. Baba don finish.
Re: EPL: Mikel Obi Set For Return To English Football by YorubaKinging: 2:35pm On Jul 06, 2020
MIKEL is the correct spelling of the name of the archangel

Erroneously called Michael today

5 Likes

Re: EPL: Mikel Obi Set For Return To English Football by Olayinka8793(m): 2:35pm On Jul 06, 2020
Sirheny007:
How much will they be getting paid by their wives upon retirement?

11 Likes

Re: EPL: Mikel Obi Set For Return To English Football by ERockson: 2:35pm On Jul 06, 2020
Over 40years old Chukube claiming 33 tongue. Old age is setting in, he should retire and go enjoy the money with his beautiful family

2 Likes

Re: EPL: Mikel Obi Set For Return To English Football by Neroiam(m): 2:37pm On Jul 06, 2020
Chucks30:
Do you want to learn how to cartoon your loved one? All you need is your smart phone (Android). Here is my WhatsApp number: 0.9.0_5_9_2,1,1_8_1_0

Why u no cartoon the WhatsApp number? grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa Unveiled As Pop Cola Ambassador (Photos, Video) / Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal / Jefferson Louis, The Only Footballer Who Has Played For 36 Clubs In His Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.