Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,133 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

Sunday Abegunde: Akeredolu Didn’t Win The Election In 2016 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sunday Abegunde: Akeredolu Didn’t Win The Election In 2016 (27536 Views)

Akeredolu Didn’t Win 2016 Election, We Rigged Him Into Power – Former SSG / Ondo SSG, Ifedayo Abegunde, Resigns / Ifedayo Abegunde Mobilises APC Members For Akeredolu's Reelection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sunday Abegunde: Akeredolu Didn’t Win The Election In 2016 by Luckydubby7(m): 6:21pm On Jul 06, 2020
Peter Dada, Akure

The former Secretary to the Ondo State Government, Mr. Sunday Abegunde, on Monday said the Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, didn’t win the election in 2016 but that some of them made it possible for him to become governor.

He also said he had to resign from the Akeredolu-led government following the ill-treatment meted out to him by the governor for the three and a half years he was with him.

The former SSG said these in an interview he granted in the Yoruba language on Crest FM, Akure, shortly after he tendered his resignation to the state governor in a letter he personally signed on Monday.

The resignation letter titled ‘Letter of Resignation’ read, “I, Hon. Ifedayo Sunday Abegunde, the Secretary to the State Government of Ondo State hereby tender my letter of resignation.

“I want to thank Mr Governor for giving me the opportunity to serve the Government and people of Ondo State.

“Again, my family and I wish Mr Governor quick recovery.”

He boasted that he was one of the APC chieftains who worked vigorously for Akeredolu to ensure he was made the governor in 2016.

He said, “I suffered in his (Akeredolu) administration because he didn’t release any fund for my office grants. He has been telling lies that he was giving me N5m every month even when he knew he didn’t give me such money.

“Where on Earth did the governor give me such funds? Recently, I reported him to Governor Fayemi of Ekiti State and he promised to invite both of us to Abuja for settlement. I remember that I told Fayemi that I was going to spit on the face of Akeredolu if he repeated the lie that he was giving me N5m monthly if we meet face to face, and I would then return to Akure to resign and as well Inform the public of his looting sprees.

“Akeredolu didn’t win the election in 2016 but we made it possible for him to become governor. We were the pillars behind him and we will not support him again. He will lose this time around.”

Abegunde, a two-term member of the House of Representatives further said that he resigned because he could no longer be part of a government that made its subjects pass through hardship.

“The Akeredolu’s administration is making the entire people of the state suffer and I cannot be part of that any longer. Everyone is suffering. He doesn’t pay salaries at the right time. As a matter of fact, Akeredolu has not performed to the expectations of the masses apart from the roads he is rehabilitating.

“Akeredolu has turned Former Governor Mimiko to a saint with his own abysmal performance. We now see that Mimiko did well as governor because he gave his people enough funds to operate. I had worked with three governor’s, and I can say that in the history of Ondo State, Akeredolu is the worst governor,” Abegunde said.

https://punchng.com/akeredolu-didnt-win-the-election-in-2016-ex-ssg/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sunday Abegunde: Akeredolu Didn’t Win The Election In 2016 by BabaO2: 6:25pm On Jul 06, 2020
These people are criminals and immoral. He didn't win and you accepted to be SSG for almost 4 years. Politics should be disbanded in Nigeria.

313 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Sunday Abegunde: Akeredolu Didn’t Win The Election In 2016 by Enwhen(m): 6:25pm On Jul 06, 2020
Politicians ....and election period

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sunday Abegunde: Akeredolu Didn’t Win The Election In 2016 by SmartProf(m): 7:14pm On Jul 06, 2020
So u guys made it possible using the famous buhari remote control? That remote control must be using a very huge battery to be able to work in all regions in Nigeria apart from the south south

36 Likes

Re: Sunday Abegunde: Akeredolu Didn’t Win The Election In 2016 by Chelsealivepool: 7:22pm On Jul 06, 2020
Everything is politics in diz country, Sport politics no good stadiums, Fraud politics no fighting it,Corruption politics no change only to fight opposition,Finnish election nw they we start fighting for d next election without doing anything! Luk at diz one nw that work with d governor for 4 years now talking rubbish and some youth will be killing themselves for diz politicians that do not care for them....

9 Likes

Re: Sunday Abegunde: Akeredolu Didn’t Win The Election In 2016 by Jesusloveyou: 8:17pm On Jul 06, 2020
OK
Re: Sunday Abegunde: Akeredolu Didn’t Win The Election In 2016 by Jakemedg(m): 8:22pm On Jul 06, 2020
"Akeredolu didn't win the election in 2016 but we made it possible for him to become governor "

Okay SSG by this statement you mean you and your cronies actually rigged the 2016 Ondo gubernatorial elections .
Nice confession

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sunday Abegunde: Akeredolu Didn’t Win The Election In 2016 by Sammy07: 8:22pm On Jul 06, 2020
SmartProf:
So u guys made it possible using the famous buhari remote control? That remote control must be using a very huge battery to be able to work in all regions in Nigeria apart from the south south

Keep shut and stop saying trash.
Which Buhari remote?

In South west once a leader did not perform we vote them out.
Even if you perform but made some silly utterances or mistakes you might no get re elected.

Mimiko(PDP) is the best governor of Ondo State currently. He made some silly utterances and owe workers too. Reason why his candidate was not voted in.
He's the only governor that secure 2nd term

Ajimobi (APC) Is one of the best governor of Oyo, the only Oyo governor to secure 2nd term because he performed well, his silly utterances and mouth made Oyo people not to vote in his candidate

Aregbesola(APC) is also one of the best governor of Osun state (I think he's the only one that secure 2nd term too), he also performed very well, but some of his policies and reforms didn't favour the people.
His candidate was not voted for (if not for rigging)

Continue judging using Party not People over there.
The likes of ikepazu cannot even secure 2nd term in Oyo.

Ask Fayemi and fayose how they used 1 tenure each, before they re elect them back.

Why didn't Buhari remote control didn't work in Oyo and Osun?

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sunday Abegunde: Akeredolu Didn’t Win The Election In 2016 by Maxymilliano(m): 8:23pm On Jul 06, 2020
Akeredolu didn’t win the election in 2016 but we made it possible for him to become governor.

For confessing to election malpractices which is a criminal offense, you and your cohorts should be arrested.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sunday Abegunde: Akeredolu Didn’t Win The Election In 2016 by Racoon(m): 8:29pm On Jul 06, 2020
Politics is always dirty as most politicians are just dishonest.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Abegunde: Akeredolu Didn’t Win The Election In 2016 by Jesusloveyou: 8:29pm On Jul 06, 2020
SmartProf:
and they're coming to PDP.
I don't know why criminals always joined PDP anytime APC rejected them

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunday Abegunde: Akeredolu Didn’t Win The Election In 2016 by deboysben(m): 8:31pm On Jul 06, 2020
Jesusloveyou:
I don't know why criminals always joined PDP

5 Likes

Re: Sunday Abegunde: Akeredolu Didn’t Win The Election In 2016 by Racoon(m): 8:31pm On Jul 06, 2020
Maxymilliano:
For confessing to election malpractices which is a criminal offense, you and your cohorts should be arrested.
Simple! These idiots always think they're giving a testimony whenever they say thrash like this.Imagine bubu saying "APC was able to install a governor by remote control in Osun state."

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunday Abegunde: Akeredolu Didn’t Win The Election In 2016 by deboysben(m): 8:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
Betrayers
Politicians eh
I tire

That man should be arrested
Re: Sunday Abegunde: Akeredolu Didn’t Win The Election In 2016 by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 06, 2020
My grandad once told me, grandson, ALWAYS RESIST THE URGE TO SHALAYE.

This nonsense he said can land him in jail

8 Likes

Re: Sunday Abegunde: Akeredolu Didn’t Win The Election In 2016 by Jakemedg(m): 8:38pm On Jul 06, 2020
Jesusloveyou:
I don't know why criminals always joined PDP anytime APC rejected them
Haha criminals like OUK, Ganduje, Rochas should i continue?

4 Likes

Re: Sunday Abegunde: Akeredolu Didn’t Win The Election In 2016 by ChiefS(m): 8:39pm On Jul 06, 2020
Was he drunk all these years he benefited from the so called sham?

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Abegunde: Akeredolu Didn’t Win The Election In 2016 by Kingspin(m): 8:45pm On Jul 06, 2020
Kogi, IMO, OSUN loading

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Abegunde: Akeredolu Didn’t Win The Election In 2016 by Kingspin(m): 8:47pm On Jul 06, 2020
BabaO2:
These people are criminals and immoral. He didn't win and you accepted to be SSG for almost 4 years. Politics should be disbanded in Nigeria.
Even VP, Osibanjo is still serving a dictator despite all the RUGA saga, mass killings, protection of Fulani herdsmen and VIP treatment of Boko Haram.

It is more of political then correct.

3 Likes

Re: Sunday Abegunde: Akeredolu Didn’t Win The Election In 2016 by BREYZ: 8:47pm On Jul 06, 2020
Una see una INEC? THERE ARE BUNCH OF ROGUES THERE.

AKEREDOLU IS A DISGRACE TO THE RANK OF SAN.

9 Likes

Re: Sunday Abegunde: Akeredolu Didn’t Win The Election In 2016 by Jesusloveyou: 8:49pm On Jul 06, 2020
Jakemedg:
Haha criminals like OUK, Ganduje, Rochas should i continue?
tell me any PDP members that are holier than any APC members.

5 Likes

Re: Sunday Abegunde: Akeredolu Didn’t Win The Election In 2016 by Jakemedg(m): 8:54pm On Jul 06, 2020
Jesusloveyou:
tell me any PDP members that are holier than any APC members.
No one they're all the same

6 Likes

Re: Sunday Abegunde: Akeredolu Didn’t Win The Election In 2016 by Jesusloveyou: 9:39pm On Jul 06, 2020
Jakemedg:
No one they're all the same
they're not the same,

thief wike case of 119b naira is still ongoing.
thief fayose case is ongoing.
thief saraki, ffk, pig dino etc.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sunday Abegunde: Akeredolu Didn’t Win The Election In 2016 by DuBLINGreenb(m): 5:41am On Jul 07, 2020
Nonesense why didn't you talk since

1 Like

Re: Sunday Abegunde: Akeredolu Didn’t Win The Election In 2016 by Passionate888: 5:41am On Jul 07, 2020
Confession time

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Abegunde: Akeredolu Didn’t Win The Election In 2016 by kollybay4u: 5:42am On Jul 07, 2020
So why are you telling us now? Kettle calling Pot black!

1 Like

Re: Sunday Abegunde: Akeredolu Didn’t Win The Election In 2016 by benuejosh: 5:42am On Jul 07, 2020
Medicine after death

1 Like

Re: Sunday Abegunde: Akeredolu Didn’t Win The Election In 2016 by Okalamu9(m): 5:43am On Jul 07, 2020
This man criminal, he should be arrested and prosecuted.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Abegunde: Akeredolu Didn’t Win The Election In 2016 by zoedew: 5:43am On Jul 07, 2020
It is all about money. Sharing the common patrimony! Service to the people is not the focus of folks who oppose Gov Akeredolu. From Agbo to this recent revelation of a masquerade!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunday Abegunde: Akeredolu Didn’t Win The Election In 2016 by Haywhysat: 5:44am On Jul 07, 2020
Sammy07:

Keep shut and stop saying trash.
Which Buhari remote?

In South west once a leader did not perform we vote them out.
Even if you perform but made some silly utterances or mistakes you might no get re elected.

Mimiko(PDP) is the best governor of Ondo State currently. He made some silly utterances and owe workers too. Reason why his candidate was not voted in.
He's the only governor that secure 2nd term

Ajimobi (APC) Is one of the best governor of Oyo, the only Oyo governor to secure 2nd term because he performed well, his silly utterances and mouth made Oyo people not to vote in his candidate

Aregbesola(APC) is also one of the best governor of Osun state (I think he's the only one that secure 2nd term too), he also performed very well, but some of his policies and reforms didn't favour the people.
His candidate was not voted for (if not for rigging)

Continue judging using Party not People over there.
The likes of ikepazu cannot even secure 2nd term in Oyo.

Ask Fayemi and fayose how they used 1 tenure each, before they re elect them back.

Why didn't Buhari remote control didn't work in Oyo and Osun?

You are correct, especially about AREGBESOLA, he was my governor then... Even, osun indigenes wouldn't say AREGBESOLA didn't work, we all knw he worked, buh some of his policies, like salary payments and the same uniform and others make people hate him... Yet, we always hail him for the work...

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria's Railway Revolution (Pictures) / Senator Ademola Adeleke's Campaign Starts Today At Iwo Land (Photos) / Peter Obi Presidential Campaign Rally In Zamfara State (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.