Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Infinity Qx4 Won't Start - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Infinity Qx4 Won't Start (596 Views)

My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion / Acura MDX 2005 Infinity QX4 And Infiniti FX35, Which Is More Reliable? / Gear Box Issues With An Infinity Qx4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infinity Qx4 Won't Start by Barbara007(f): 8:58pm On Jul 06, 2020
Good evening, please I need opinions.

Infinity QX4 that has been parked for a year without warming it for once within the period of that one year , by the time mech tried to start it it won't start.

What's the possible issue please?

Thanks
Re: Infinity Qx4 Won't Start by chukel(m): 10:39pm On Jul 06, 2020
Barbara007:
Good evening, please I need opinions.

Infinity QX4 that has been parked for a year without warming it for once within the period of that one year , by the time mech tried to start it it won't start.

What's the possible issue please?

Thanks
fuel, air, spark. Then NATS. In between cam and crankshaft sensors.
Re: Infinity Qx4 Won't Start by Barbara007(f): 2:03pm On Jul 07, 2020
chukel:
fuel, air, spark. Then NATS. In between cam and crankshaft sensors.

What's the solution please?
Re: Infinity Qx4 Won't Start by chukel(m): 2:08pm On Jul 07, 2020
Barbara007:

What's the solution please?
I just wrote troubleshooting areas for you. For a car parked that long with battery probably disconnected, I doubt it will register any code. But if you have the service engine or malfunction light on, then scan. Even if they are not on, still scan.This can lead you to a straight forward fix. Where is ur location.
Re: Infinity Qx4 Won't Start by sultaan(m): 8:47pm On Jul 07, 2020
Simple problem.
You have to try to turn the crank by hand to make sure it is not rusted in place, then remove all spark plugs and start with a good battery reinstall plugs and start engine.

4 Likes

Re: Infinity Qx4 Won't Start by Barbara007(f): 10:30am On Jul 08, 2020
chukel:
I just wrote troubleshooting areas for you. For a car parked that long with battery probably disconnected, I doubt it will register any code. But if you have the service engine or malfunction light on, then scan. Even if they are not on, still scan.This can lead you to a straight forward fix. Where is ur location.

Thanks so much. The mech patiently turned the engine and it started.

I am so grateful.
Re: Infinity Qx4 Won't Start by chukel(m): 10:34am On Jul 08, 2020
Barbara007:

I am so grateful.
wow. That's great. New one learnt today. Thanks too.

1 Like

Re: Infinity Qx4 Won't Start by Lexusgs430: 12:45pm On Jul 08, 2020
Barbara007:

I am so grateful.

You should sack that mechanic ..........................
Re: Infinity Qx4 Won't Start by Barbara007(f): 11:25am On Jul 15, 2020
Lexusgs430:

You should sack that mechanic ..........................

Why?

(1) (Reply)

Lexus Es300 For Sale. / . / Universal Inline Thermostat Housing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.