Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,376 members, 7,781,056 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:09 AM

Please Help Me Solve This Problem In C++ - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Help Me Solve This Problem In C++ (2399 Views)

An INEC Voting Console Program Written In C Language / Help Me With The Solution To This Problem In C++ / Who Can Solve This Problem Using Java (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me Solve This Problem In C++ by clockwisereport: 10:43pm On Jul 06, 2020
I receive this error message after running any Program

Re: Please Help Me Solve This Problem In C++ by clockwisereport: 11:05pm On Jul 06, 2020
The picture is not bright but here is the error message

Project/Target: "Hello - Debug":
The compiler's setup (GNU GCC Compiler) is invalid, so Code::Blocks cannot find/run the compiler.
Probably the toolchain path within the compiler options is not setup correctly?!
Do you have a compiler installed?
Goto "Settings->Compiler...->Global compiler settings->GNU GCC Compiler->Toolchain executables" and fix the compiler's setup.

Tried to run compiler executable 'C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW/bin/gcc.exe', but failed!

Skipping...
Nothing to be done (all items are up-to-date).
Re: Please Help Me Solve This Problem In C++ by Dididrumz(m): 11:10pm On Jul 06, 2020
How do you expect to get help when the image isn't clear
Re: Please Help Me Solve This Problem In C++ by clockwisereport: 11:13pm On Jul 06, 2020
Dididrumz:
How do you expect to get help when the image isn't clear

The compiler's setup (GNU GCC Compiler) is invalid, so Code::Blocks cannot find/run the compiler.
Probably the toolchain path within the compiler options is not setup correctly?!
Goto "Settings->Compiler...->Global compiler settings->GNU GCC Compiler->Toolchain executables" and fix the compiler's setup.
Tried to run compiler executable 'C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW/bin/gcc.exe', but failed!
Skipping...
Re: Please Help Me Solve This Problem In C++ by Nobody: 1:56am On Jul 07, 2020
clockwisereport:

Skipping...
Reinstall codeblocks or throw away that nonsense called windows.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Solve This Problem In C++ by Dididrumz(m): 6:29am On Jul 07, 2020
clockwisereport:

Skipping...

Make use of Dev-C++

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Solve This Problem In C++ by clockwisereport: 9:12am On Jul 07, 2020
SegFault:

Reinstall codeblocks

I have done this before
Re: Please Help Me Solve This Problem In C++ by clockwisereport: 9:13am On Jul 07, 2020
Dididrumz:

Make use of Dev-C++

Thanks man

I will give this a trial.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Solve This Problem In C++ by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 07, 2020
clockwisereport:

I have done this before
Go and download Linux. I always advice programmers to use Linux. Or best get Visual Studio 2017 it's not even large (only if you download it straight from the official Microsoft website).

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Solve This Problem In C++ by stanliwise(m): 1:26pm On Jul 07, 2020
SegFault:

Go and download Linux. I always advice programmers to use Linux. Or best get Visual Studio 2017 it's not even large (only if you download it straight from the official Microsoft website).
and what is wrong with windows? Op has not set his files properly. So object files are not connecting properly.
Re: Please Help Me Solve This Problem In C++ by stanliwise(m): 1:27pm On Jul 07, 2020
clockwisereport:

Skipping...
the message is clear you gcc executable is not found
Re: Please Help Me Solve This Problem In C++ by clockwisereport: 1:28pm On Jul 07, 2020
stanliwise:
the message is clear you gcc executable is not found

Please, how do I resolve it?
Re: Please Help Me Solve This Problem In C++ by stanliwise(m): 2:00pm On Jul 07, 2020
clockwisereport:

Please, how do I resolve it?
go to Setting -> Compiler -> Global Compiler Settings -> Toolchain Execuatables (tab). There, click on Program Files and then rename C compiler to gcc.exe and C++ compiler to g++.exe.
Re: Please Help Me Solve This Problem In C++ by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 07, 2020
stanliwise:
and what is wrong with windows? Op has not set his files properly. So object files are not connecting properly.
It's not POSIX compliant (a format that Mac OS and Linux follow religiously), It crashes often, useless updates, too fat and slow, everything is closed source e.t.c I mean what the fvck was Bill Gates thinking, that man self ehn.
Re: Please Help Me Solve This Problem In C++ by clockwisereport: 4:34pm On Jul 07, 2020
stanliwise:
go to Setting -> Compiler -> Global Compiler Settings -> Toolchain Execuatables (tab). There, click on Program Files and then rename C compiler to gcc.exe and C++ compiler to g++.exe.

Everything is normal, still.....
Re: Please Help Me Solve This Problem In C++ by stanliwise(m): 6:51pm On Jul 07, 2020
clockwisereport:

Everything is normal, still.....
Did you do a restart?
Re: Please Help Me Solve This Problem In C++ by clockwisereport: 7:24pm On Jul 07, 2020
stanliwise:
Did you do a restart?

Yes
Re: Please Help Me Solve This Problem In C++ by stanliwise(m): 9:05pm On Jul 07, 2020
clockwisereport:

Yes
your problem may be unique but I am sure codeblock can’t locate those files.
Re: Please Help Me Solve This Problem In C++ by clockwisereport: 9:32pm On Jul 07, 2020
stanliwise:
your problem may be unique but I am sure codeblock can’t locate those files.

Ok. Thanks all the same
Re: Please Help Me Solve This Problem In C++ by airsaylongcome: 12:19pm On Oct 04, 2021
More than a year after so hope this helps someone further down the line.

OP, looks like you installed codeblocks-20.03-setup.exe which gives you CB functionality but does not come with the C++ compiler. It assumes you have the compiler installed and would need to configure it point to your compiler

What you need is codeblocks-20.03mingw-setup.exe which includes the GCC/G++/GFortran compiler and GDB debugger from MinGW-W64 project

(1) (Reply)

Number Generator Challenge : Can You Solve This? / Capturing Image From Webcam Using Java With Jmf.jar / I Want To Automate My Site To Send Data....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.