Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,270 members, 7,807,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Dramatic scenes as Hugo Lloris clashes with Son Heung Min in Everton win - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Dramatic scenes as Hugo Lloris clashes with Son Heung Min in Everton win (725 Views)

23 Goals: Son Heung-min & Salah Share The Castrol Golden Boot For 2021/22 Season / Lampard Breaks His Hand Celebrating Everton Win Against Newcastle / Tottenham Star Son Heung-min In Tears After Man City Won Carabao Cup (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dramatic scenes as Hugo Lloris clashes with Son Heung Min in Everton win by amaifehenry(m): 11:12pm On Jul 06, 2020
In what can best be described as a bizzare moment, the goalkeeper rushed over to confront the forward as the teams went in for half-time, though they did end up taking all three points
Hugo Lloris says his clash with Heung-min Son at half-time of Tottenham’s win over Everton on Monday was because he was annoyed at the forward’s lack of pressing.

Spurs got back on track with a 1-0 win, as Michael Keane’s first-half own goal proved the highlight of a largely dull match.

With half-time approaching, Richarlison was presented with a chance to equalise, much to captain Lloris’ chagrin.

As the teams walked off, he rushed over to confront Son, with the two players having to be held apart by their team-mates.

The pair made up before the second half and Lloris played the incident down as a flare-up in the heat of the moment.

“It belongs in the changing room,” Lloris told Sky Sports.

“Outside, you can say whatever you want. There is a lot of respect between the players in the changing room.

“What happened between me and Sonny is just something that's part of football sometimes. But there's no problem at all.

“You could see at the end of the game we were more than happy to be part of the team and to have the three points.

“To concede a chance a few seconds before half-time because we don't press properly... yeah, it annoyed me, but it's part of football. We move on.”

Despite the confrontation, Jose Mourinho was glad to see tempers flaring between his players.

After their 3-1 defeat to Sheffield United, he bemoaned a ‘disturbing’ lack of desire from his team.

This win took them up to eighth, but they still face a battle to catch the likes of Manchester United and Wolves in the European places.

“As I said before, we are in a situation that we need to fight against,” Lloris added.

“We're not happy to be in this position. But the most important thing today is to stay focused on the team and do everything to finish as high as we can.

“I repeat, we can only do it as a team. When you play a season like this one it's very easy to fall apart as a team, to think about disinterest, but today we showed that we are still together and ready to compete and fight until the end.”

Source:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1280228212199522304

https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/annoyed-spurs-captain-lloris-admits-son-spat-was-over-lack/ukep583ahbt51lijbmagzngza

Cc: Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun
Fynestboi

Re: Dramatic scenes as Hugo Lloris clashes with Son Heung Min in Everton win by Temitopemo6e6(m): 11:22pm On Jul 06, 2020
There is a lot of respect between all of the
players. that just part of football sometimes.
Re: Dramatic scenes as Hugo Lloris clashes with Son Heung Min in Everton win by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 06, 2020
I like how Lloris downplayed the situation. Those are the subtle signs of a great captain.

But he was right though. Son had a very poor work rate throughout the match. Hopefully he can recover by the next one

cheesy
Re: Dramatic scenes as Hugo Lloris clashes with Son Heung Min in Everton win by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jul 06, 2020
Who do you think was right?

Like for Lloris, Share for Son

cheesy
Re: Dramatic scenes as Hugo Lloris clashes with Son Heung Min in Everton win by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jul 06, 2020
Temitopemo6e6:
T

I'm guessing it didn't take you any time to book that space sad
Re: Dramatic scenes as Hugo Lloris clashes with Son Heung Min in Everton win by paulolee(m): 12:13am On Jul 07, 2020
its nice...shows passion they have for the game..
Re: Dramatic scenes as Hugo Lloris clashes with Son Heung Min in Everton win by iamGholdaniel(m): 12:40am On Jul 07, 2020
Re: Dramatic scenes as Hugo Lloris clashes with Son Heung Min in Everton win by Temitopemo6e6(m): 7:57am On Jul 07, 2020
Fastestmanalive:

I'm guessing it didn't take you any time to book that space sad
why
Re: Dramatic scenes as Hugo Lloris clashes with Son Heung Min in Everton win by kenzysmith: 8:20am On Jul 07, 2020
hugo iloris dey do eye service for morinho

Re: Dramatic scenes as Hugo Lloris clashes with Son Heung Min in Everton win by Kallantan: 11:50am On Jul 10, 2020
This situation is quite normal, the usual heat of emotion. I think it's perfect that players care and express their emotions. This is a sign that they do not care about the team and the game. This heat should be in all matches, and then the football will be more spectacular.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Leeds United Set To Sign Ibrahimovic And Cavani / Nigeria To Kickoff World Cup Qualifiers Campaign Against Liberia.. Full Fixtures / Declan Rice Vows To Drink His First-ever Beer If His Country Win Euro 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.