Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,018 members, 7,806,975 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

CHAPTER 1 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CHAPTER 1 (122 Views)

John Chapter 1:1 And The Trinitarian Dogma / "THE BACK TO GOD PROJECT" A Book By JEG: Chapter 1. The Back To God Project / Genesis - Chapter 1 - 50 (read Bible) Old Testament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CHAPTER 1 by Funkamazing(f): 12:42am On Jul 07, 2020
When he had led them out to the vicinity of Bethany,he lifted up his hands and blessed them. While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up into heaven. Luke 24

Luke 24 started with the resurrection, this brought great joy to his disciples, then He appeared to them and even ate.... I'm sure they would be assured that He is back with them and everything will be as it was before His crucifixion.

Then, He took them on a stroll and that was the last they saw of Him.

Then Act 1: 10-11 said "And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven?"

The disciples were so sure that Christ has risen to stay with them that they stood at that point looking at the sky....waiting that He will come back and continue the conversation.

My lesson from this is that sometimes, what we think is a concluding victory is just chapter 1 of the whole saga. We will not be weak or weary on this journey to heaven in Jesus name. We receive grace to follow Him till the end. Amen.

Shalom!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

New Music: Awake My Soul By Hillsong Worship Ft Tasha Cobbs Leonard / I Am The Way, Truth And Life / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens:monday, July 13, 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.