Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Weird Tales : A Collection Of Short Scary Stories. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Weird Tales : A Collection Of Short Scary Stories. (818 Views)

Dominic Onyekachi Creates Digital Collection Of African Stories For Kids - CNN / Ropes And Séances; A Collection Of Short Stories / A Kaleidoscope Of Short Stories. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Weird Tales : A Collection Of Short Scary Stories. by purples25(f): 1:42am On Jul 07, 2020
©2020

These are a set of stories culled from people's genuine and real life experiences. Each story is different and unique, but the names of the people will be changed and that is the only true fiction here. Each story comes with a different title and vibe. Enjoy, and don't get too scared. wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Weird Tales : A Collection Of Short Scary Stories. by purples25(f): 1:42am On Jul 07, 2020
Story 1 loading.....
Re: Weird Tales : A Collection Of Short Scary Stories. by purples25(f): 2:07am On Jul 07, 2020
THE SMILING STRANGER.

As a young girl in Anambra, Amaka lived a simple but interesting life. Her childhood was free and full of fun. At the time, she could even walk to school by herself and come home herself too, even though she was only a child.

She enjoyed being able to go by herself, but there was one problem. A graveyard lay along her path to school. Many times, she would quickly pass by, early in the morning. However, sometimes, people took the graveyard path because it was a shortcut. People did say they saw strange things and heard strange sounds too. This was why she hardly passed that path.

One day, she found herself in a difficult situation. She was late for school and needed to get there quickly. A hasty decision was made, and she gathered the courage to go through the graveyard path, that early morning. That way, she might not be too late, as it was a well known short cut.

As she cautiously crossed the path, a man passed her, going in the opposite direction. She instinctively felt there was something strange about him. For one thing, this man had crossed to her side at an unnaturally quick speed. She held in her terror and continued to pass with forced determination.

She never knew what made her look back, even these days when she thinks about it. She just felt the urge to look back. When she did, she saw the man grinning back at her. He was just standing there. The grin was very wide and very unnatural. His teeth were too many to be human. The teeth were pointed like a sharks, and very long. Extremely pointed and numerous. To top it all, his facial expression was otherworldly, mischevious and wicked. Amaka looked away.

By the time she turned back, he was gone.

How she didn't lose her mind and scream all the way to school is still a mystery to me. Retelling the story now gives me goosebumps even as I type.

A comical consolation however, might be her mother's reaction when her daughter told her of her experience later that day. Mama Amaka had hastily shrugged it off and prayed for her daughter. She claimed that the spirit had seen her little girl and just wanted to have fun by frightening her, as she was alone on the path.

"Useless thing" she called it. "E no see anybody to disturb, just because it saw you alone on the path. It could not do anything to you, it was just trying to scare you. Mischevious thing. You are protected in Jesus name."

THE END.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Weird Tales : A Collection Of Short Scary Stories. by purples25(f): 2:11am On Jul 07, 2020
Story 2 loading.
Re: Weird Tales : A Collection Of Short Scary Stories. by purples25(f): 2:27am On Jul 07, 2020
ALONE IN THE HOSTEL.

Brenda woke up in a cold sweat. Her entire body was wet and clammy, probably due to the heat. As she grew more conscious, terror seized her with an iron grip. Everywhere was silent. Everywhere was dark. All the other beds were empty. All the other students must have gone to their classes to read at prep time. Therefore, she was the only person in the extremely large hostel. She felt her heart hammer away within her chest.

To make matters worse, she heard strange sounds close by. She jumped up from her bed. There were things that made noise at night, in the girls hostel. Or if you might call them 'people' of some sort. She started edging towards the door, with her back. Only to hit the door and realize that it was locked.

In the darkness, she began to make out a form. Slowly, her vision adjusted to see a woman edging slowly out of the darkness too. The woman was grinning at her and approaching slowly.

With no thought for her legs or hands, Brenda began to pound at the door. She pounded and pounded hard at it with all her might until the door started to break , splinters of wood flying everywhere. The woman was still coming closer, slowly.

Till this day, Brenda does not know where she got the strength. She broke that wooden door to pieces. She did not care that she was half naked, she ran all the way to the school gate. The thing was still coming.

The gate leading to the other school buildings was locked. She scaled it that day. Upon getting to the other side, she regained her senses. She realized she was almost naked and hid herself until prep time was over and she could sneak back into the hostel with others.

As you, dear reader, can guess, I am sure she never overslept in the hostel again.

THE END.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Weird Tales : A Collection Of Short Scary Stories. by purples25(f): 2:30am On Jul 07, 2020
Story 3 loading. Another hostel tale told by a real person, from her ear to mine. Her personal experience. The supernatural does exist.

1 Like

Re: Weird Tales : A Collection Of Short Scary Stories. by purples25(f): 2:54am On Jul 07, 2020
YOU CALLED ME

In the lively boarding school environment, girls often chattered with loose tongues. However, the things that Ada said at a certain time, put her in a situation that she never forgot for the rest of her life.

In the school there was a strange tree, outside the girls hostel. The girls could see this tree from their windows. On many nights, they would hear a couple quarreling, the sound of someone busy with household chores, or a baby crying and perhaps getting fed. They were disturbed by these sounds on many nights. Sometimes a woman would appear, going in and out of the tree. It scared the wits out of the girls.

One day, after a long tedious night of no sleep, Ada had complained loudly "Who is this person now? What does she want?" This had been said while the girls chatted. She quickly forgot about what she said and once it was evening again, she fell asleep.

That night, she was woken up by someone calling her name or prodding her back. She just woke up. No one else in the hostel was awake. She tried to wake up other girls, but nobody woke up. It was as if they were under a spell.

Suddenly, the woman from the tree appeared next to her. Ada wondered if she would survive that night. She couldn't say a word, transfixed with terror.

"Ehen? Wetin you want?" the woman said, speaking as though she wasn't an apparition that was talking to the girl in the middle of the night. "Why you dey call me, dey ask question? Wetin you wan know?"

Ada was still dumb at that point.

The woman wagged a finger at her face. "No disturb me again o." With that, she walked back , walked through the wall and entered the tree with Ada watching.

I don't think my friend Ada ever dared mention that woman again.

THE END.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Weird Tales : A Collection Of Short Scary Stories. by Annychibest(f): 8:15am On Jul 07, 2020
purples25:
THE SMILING STRANGER.

As a young girl in Anambra, Amaka lived a simple but interesting life. Her childhood was free and full of fun. At the time, she could even walk to school by herself and come home herself too, even though she was only a child.

She enjoyed being able to go by herself, but there was one problem. A graveyard lay along her path to school. Many times, she would quickly pass by, early in the morning. However, sometimes, people took the graveyard path because it was a shortcut. People did say they saw strange things and heard strange sounds too. This was why she hardly passed that path.

One day, she found herself in a difficult situation. She was late for school and needed to get there quickly. A hasty decision was made, and she gathered the courage to go through the graveyard path, that early morning. That way, she might not be too late, as it was a well known short cut.

As she cautiously crossed the path, a man passed her, going in the opposite direction. She instinctively felt there was something strange about him. For one thing, this man had crossed to her side at an unnaturally quick speed. She held in her terror and continued to pass with forced determination.

She never knew what made her look back, even these days when she thinks about it. She just felt the urge to look back. When she did, she saw the man grinning back at her. He was just standing there. The grin was very wide and very unnatural. His teeth were too many to be human. The teeth were pointed like sharks, and very long. Extremely pointed and numerous. To top it all, his facial expression was otherworldly, mischevious, and wicked. Amaka looked away.

By the time she turned back, he was gone.

How she didn't lose her mind and scream all the way to school is still a mystery to me. Retelling the story now gives me goosebumps even as I type.

A comical consolation, however, might be her mother's reaction when her daughter told her of her experience later that day. Mama Amaka had hastily shrugged it off and prayed for her daughter. She claimed that the spirit had seen her little girl and just wanted to have fun by frightening her, as she was alone on the path.

"Useless thing" she called it. "E no see anybody to disturb, just because it saw you alone on the path. It could not do anything to you, it was just trying to scare you. Mischievous thing. You are protected in Jesus' name."

THE END.

Wow.. Girl, you have talent. Put your talent into good use. Monetize your talent. Write a book.

3 Likes

Re: Weird Tales : A Collection Of Short Scary Stories. by purples25(f): 8:21am On Jul 07, 2020
Annychibest:

Wow.. Girl, you have talent. Put your talent into good use. Monetize your talent. Write a book.

Thanks dear. I'm working on two.

2 Likes

Re: Weird Tales : A Collection Of Short Scary Stories. by scott04: 8:15pm On Jul 07, 2020
purples25:

Thanks dear. I'm working on two.
wow 9ce stories u got there. plez continue

1 Like

Re: Weird Tales : A Collection Of Short Scary Stories. by purples25(f): 10:32am On Jul 08, 2020
scott04:

wow 9ce stories u got there. plez continue

I will. More stories coming up soon.
Re: Weird Tales : A Collection Of Short Scary Stories. by tarantino1: 4:26pm On Jul 08, 2020
purples25:
ALONE IN THE HOSTEL.

Brenda woke up in a cold sweat. Her entire body was wet and clammy, probably due to the heat. As she grew more conscious, terror seized her with an iron grip. Everywhere was silent. Everywhere was dark. All the other beds were empty. All the other students must have gone to their classes to read at prep time. Therefore, she was the only person in the extremely large hostel. She felt her heart hammer away within her chest.

To make matters worse, she heard strange sounds close by. She jumped up from her bed. There were things that made noise at night, in the girls hostel. Or if you might call them 'people' of some sort. She started edging towards the door, with her back. Only to hit the door and realize that it was locked.

In the darkness, she began to make out a form. Slowly, her vision adjusted to see a woman edging slowly out of the darkness too. The woman was grinning at her and approaching slowly.

With no thought for her legs or hands, Brenda began to pound at the door. She pounded and pounded hard at it with all her might until the door started to break , splinters of wood flying everywhere. The woman was still coming closer, slowly.

Till this day, Brenda does not know where she got the strength. She broke that wooden door to pieces. She did not care that she was half naked, she ran all the way to the school gate. The thing was still coming.

The gate leading to the other school buildings was locked. She scaled it that day. Upon getting to the other side, she regained her senses. She realized she was almost naked and hid herself until prep time was over and she could sneak back into the hostel with others.

As you, dear reader, can guess, I am sure she never overslept in the hostel again.

THE END.

Lol.

Have you watched 'It Follows'?

Reading this reminded of the movie. If you haven't, try watching it.

2 Likes

Re: Weird Tales : A Collection Of Short Scary Stories. by Nobody: 3:41am On Jul 14, 2020
tarantino1:

Lol.

Have you watched 'It Follows'?

Reading this reminded of the movie. If you haven't, try watching it.

The Chapter 2 was the bomb grin

I couldn't sleep for 2days straight cool

(1) (Reply)

Godfist / $5, 000, 000 Knight News Challenge Awards / Honour To Whom It Is Due

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.