Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Salami’s Panel Quizzes Magu, May Recommend Sack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Salami’s Panel Quizzes Magu, May Recommend Sack (1357 Views)

Magu Killed High-profile Cases While Chasing After ‘yahoo Boys’; Salami Panel / Alleged Fraud: Magu May Be Recommended For Demotion / Salami Panel Digs Beyond Magu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salami’s Panel Quizzes Magu, May Recommend Sack by JosEast(m): 8:59am On Jul 07, 2020
The Presidential panel which probed the acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu, on Monday, may recommend his sack, sources said.

The panel, chaired by a former President of the Court of Appeal, Justice Ayo Salami, quizzed Magu at the Presidential Villa.

One of the credible sources said the panel was constituted by President Muhammadu Buhari to probe various allegations levelled against Magu following a petition by the Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, and the Department of State Service (DSS).

Malami’s memo allegedly accused Magu of diversion of recovered loot. The memo was said to contain 22 allegations against the embattled EFCC chairman. But Malami through his spokesman, Dr Umar Gwandu, said he had no knowledge of Magu’s arrest.

“You are just informing me now,” Gwandu said when told that Malami had reportedly written a memo in June, 2020, which indicted Magu. “I am also not aware of any memo written to the president on the EFCC chairman,” he said.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/salamis-panel-quizzes-magu-may-recommend-sack.html
Re: Salami’s Panel Quizzes Magu, May Recommend Sack by Johnnyessence(m): 9:06am On Jul 07, 2020
magu has gone for good.
Re: Salami’s Panel Quizzes Magu, May Recommend Sack by donbachi(m): 9:08am On Jul 07, 2020
Sack with freedom or sack with imprisonment?
Re: Salami’s Panel Quizzes Magu, May Recommend Sack by Mysticwebb: 9:11am On Jul 07, 2020
This is one of the thieves I believe Kyari was protecting. Seeing that most of the allegations leveled against him have been there since but nothing happened means if he was still alive nobody would have touched Magu.

2 Likes

Re: Salami’s Panel Quizzes Magu, May Recommend Sack by godkiller(m): 9:13am On Jul 07, 2020
He is done for

We are training youths on solar panel production and installation.

If you want to learn or volunteer to teach please drop your WhatsApp number, location and area of interest.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Salami’s Panel Quizzes Magu, May Recommend Sack by seunmsg(m): 9:15am On Jul 07, 2020
Magu should have prepared for this immediately the AGF wrote a memo to the president indicting him of corrupt diversion of recovered loots. If I were him, I would have secretly investigated the AGF and come up with my own memo indicting him. Sadly, the arrest seems to have caught him unaware and I don’t think he will ever be allowed to resume back as EFCC chairman. He has no advantage to leverage on again.
Re: Salami’s Panel Quizzes Magu, May Recommend Sack by SmartProf(m): 9:15am On Jul 07, 2020
We keep advising them not to steal cos this government hates competition

1 Like

Re: Salami’s Panel Quizzes Magu, May Recommend Sack by XXLMANDIGO: 9:16am On Jul 07, 2020
Anywhere I see Ayo Salami JCA (rtd), I see a Vulture, an undertaker and a dyed in wool Corruption Czar ၏ agent. Remember what he did with Osun Appeal Case and other dirty jobs he did for Tinubu that consequently made him reject the privilege of moving up as Supreme Court Judge from the Court he presided, and his subsequent retirement?

I feel so uneasy whenever I hear his name.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Salami’s Panel Quizzes Magu, May Recommend Sack by Officialgarri: 9:24am On Jul 07, 2020
It seems the war against corruption is really progressing....

Re: Salami’s Panel Quizzes Magu, May Recommend Sack by TANTUMERGO007(m): 9:27am On Jul 07, 2020
seunmsg:
Magu should have prepared for this immediately the AGF wrote a memo to the president indicting him of corrupt diversion of recovered loots. If I were him, I would have secretly investigated the AGF and come up with my own memo indicting him. Sadly, the arrest seems to have caught him unaware and I don’t think he will ever be allowed to resume back as EFCC chairman. He has no advantage to leverage on again.
Sometimes I laugh at your wisdom.

3 Likes

Re: Salami’s Panel Quizzes Magu, May Recommend Sack by beejaay: 9:58am On Jul 07, 2020
seunmsg:

So to you its about the politics of it not the deeds and the effect on the country and us the people....you all claim you want the best for the country but deep inside all you want is your stupid ego massaged and corrupt riches in your pocket..

4 Likes

Re: Salami’s Panel Quizzes Magu, May Recommend Sack by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 07, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:
Anywhere I see Ayo Salami JCA (rtd), I see a Vulture, an undertaker and a dyed in wool Corruption Czar ၏ agent. Remember what he did with Osun Appeal Case and other dirty jobs he did for Tinubu that consequently made him reject the privilege of moving up as Supreme Court Judge from the Court he presided, and his subsequent retirement?

Op president Buhari will never remove Magu, Ayo Salami is just wasting his time , I don't like magu an inch but is saint compared to people looking for his head.
Re: Salami’s Panel Quizzes Magu, May Recommend Sack by pquaver(m): 10:11am On Jul 07, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:

BUT HOW DO YOU FEEL WHEN YOU HEAR JUSTICE ODILI? Just asking ooo
Re: Salami’s Panel Quizzes Magu, May Recommend Sack by SpatialKing(m): 10:17am On Jul 07, 2020
When Saraki senate refused to confirm Magu they called him all sorts of names
Re: Salami’s Panel Quizzes Magu, May Recommend Sack by XXLMANDIGO: 10:27am On Jul 07, 2020
Justice Odili doesn't have as much power as the Appeal Court President Man...

pquaver:

BUT HOW DO YOU FEEL WHEN YOU HEAR JUSTICE ODILI? Just asking ooo
Re: Salami’s Panel Quizzes Magu, May Recommend Sack by pquaver(m): 1:07pm On Jul 07, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:

Justice Odili doesn't have as much power as the Appeal Court President Man...

Really? Is that do? A retired appeal court president and a current Supreme Court judge?
Re: Salami’s Panel Quizzes Magu, May Recommend Sack by XXLMANDIGO: 1:10pm On Jul 07, 2020
Contextually Yes because of the power attached to the position. The President of the Court of Appeal is the final arbiter of election petition . Hr wields a lot of power ,and position wise he is the equivalent of a Supreme Court Judge.

Go find out please.

pquaver:

Really? Is that do? A retired appeal court president and a current Supreme Court judge?
Re: Salami’s Panel Quizzes Magu, May Recommend Sack by pquaver(m): 1:28pm On Jul 07, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:

Contextually Yes because of the power attached to the position. The President of the Court of Appeal is the final arbiter of election petition . Hr wields a lot of power ,and position wise he is the equivalent of a Supreme Court Judge.

Go find out please.

But case still go up to supreme Court na? How can he be the final and still the case will go to Supreme Court.. If it reaches there what will now happen?
Re: Salami’s Panel Quizzes Magu, May Recommend Sack by XXLMANDIGO: 1:36pm On Jul 07, 2020
Preelection matters such as qualification, primary elections, disqualification and more are what the supreme court usually entertain. Also interpretation and position of the law ; not facts.

pquaver:

But case still go up to supreme Court na? How can he be the final and still the case will go to Supreme Court.. If it reaches there what will now happen?
Re: Salami’s Panel Quizzes Magu, May Recommend Sack by joeyfire(m): 1:52pm On Jul 07, 2020
seunmsg:

Na wa o. So it's not even about right or wrong again? Leverage?
Re: Salami’s Panel Quizzes Magu, May Recommend Sack by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:54pm On Jul 07, 2020
Mysticwebb:
This is one of the thieves I believe Kyari was protecting. Seeing that most of the allegations leveled against him have been there since but nothing happened means if he was still alive nobody would have touched Magu.

Yeah Abba kyari and VP Osinbajo.
Re: Salami’s Panel Quizzes Magu, May Recommend Sack by Agboriotejoye(m): 2:01pm On Jul 07, 2020
joeyfire:

Na wa o. So it's not even about right or wrong again? Leverage?
Have you not noticed how APC goons on dis forum have become more brazen in their defence of evil and truncating every sense of morality and legality at the feet of who wins? If they could actively support oshiomole, Tinubu's bullion van incident, Lawal's grasscuttin, what exactly can you put beyond them again?

1 Like

Re: Salami’s Panel Quizzes Magu, May Recommend Sack by joeyfire(m): 4:56pm On Jul 07, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Have you not noticed how APC goons on dis forum have become more brazen in their defence of evil and truncating every sense of morality and legality at the feet of who wins? If they could actively support oshiomole, Tinubu's bullion van incident, Lawal's grasscuttin, what exactly can you put beyond them again?

APC goons are very scary people jokes apart. No morality in their dictionary. They can do anything just to get power

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Take On Buhari's Speech This Night? / Police Deployed To Lekki Toll Gate And Other Areas In Eti-osa / Yoruba Muslims Attack Gov. Makinde For Protesting Against Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.