Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,890 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:02 AM

Some SE towns(nnamdi Azikuwe) Were From Benin Kingdom - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Some SE towns(nnamdi Azikuwe) Were From Benin Kingdom (1570 Views)

How Some SE And SS Senators Almost Cost Akpabio The Senate President Seat / Why Do Some SE Politicians Think In Reverse Order / Ebonyi Vs Some SE States: What Is Fuss About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some SE towns(nnamdi Azikuwe) Were From Benin Kingdom by Christistruth00: 12:47pm On Jul 07, 2020
ERockson:
Ibos will rather hid as truth stare at them. Anoima in Delta, Ikwere from Rivers officially claimed to originated from Benin. Even their greatest father,Azikuwe could not hid this fact...

Western Igboland came mainly from Benin and Northern Igboland migrated mainly from Igala and they intermarried with some aborigines in Igboland.

That 7 th Century War between Oduduwa and Obatala king of the Igbo really turned Southern NIgeria Upside down with some Igbo fleeing all the way from Ile Ife to the other side of the River Niger. They must have gone that far because Oduduwa's Children also took Benin area.
Re: Some SE towns(nnamdi Azikuwe) Were From Benin Kingdom by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 07, 2020
Bobonnukwu:
All these self-consolatory tales by moonlight won't deflect the fact that Igbos now own a part of Lagos state and are spreading their colonial holds on other conquered parts of the SW. Watch the video below again and remember who your new landlords are cheesy grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjgchZExv2E
we are buying out Lagos state this mumu Afonjas are busy opening useless threads grin grin Benin kor italy ni

2 Likes

Re: Some SE towns(nnamdi Azikuwe) Were From Benin Kingdom by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 07, 2020
Christistruth00:

Western Igboland came mainly from Benin and Northern Igboland migrated mainly from Igala and they intermarried with some aborigines in Igboland.

The 7OO AD War between Oduduwa and Obatala king of the Igbo really turned Southern NIgeria Upside down
oduduwa did not fight any war...according to history after oduduwa fell from heaven and landed on his skull.. he was admitted into a psychiatric hospital where he had sex with another psychiatric patient in present day ile ife....so where and how did he fight a war??

5 Likes

Re: Some SE towns(nnamdi Azikuwe) Were From Benin Kingdom by Brooklynsouth(f): 12:58pm On Jul 07, 2020
all these Muslims I hate Islam with passion
Re: Some SE towns(nnamdi Azikuwe) Were From Benin Kingdom by Jesusloveyou: 12:59pm On Jul 07, 2020
PapaBaby:
Stupid thread.
hahahahahaha
Re: Some SE towns(nnamdi Azikuwe) Were From Benin Kingdom by Brooklynsouth(f): 1:02pm On Jul 07, 2020
Constantjohn:

Igbos are sub bini group..
Bini is under yoruba..

Meaning igbos are under yorubas
how can a sub group conquer the larger unit anyway if your people can shamelessly believe that oduduwa fell from the sky what can't you believe
Re: Some SE towns(nnamdi Azikuwe) Were From Benin Kingdom by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 07, 2020
Brooklynsouth:
how can a sub group conquer the larger unit anyway if your people can shamelessly believe that oduduwa fell from the sky what can't you believe

Hey destitute hoelosho

Which one is sub and who captured who
Re: Some SE towns(nnamdi Azikuwe) Were From Benin Kingdom by Christistruth00: 1:09pm On Jul 07, 2020
Brooklynsouth:

Oduduwa came with his brother's who were the ancestors of the Jukun and Kanuri from Arabia .
Re: Some SE towns(nnamdi Azikuwe) Were From Benin Kingdom by Christistruth00: 1:12pm On Jul 07, 2020
Brooklynsouth:

Oduduwa came with his brother's who were the ancestors of the Jukun ,Gobir Hausas and Kanuri from Arabia He entered Ile Ife on a Horse and with full metal Armour like the Arabs used. The Jukun king still has some relics of that migration from Arabia which happened after Mohammeds Muslim Jihads drove them out.
Re: Some SE towns(nnamdi Azikuwe) Were From Benin Kingdom by Nguru55: 1:15pm On Jul 07, 2020
ERockson:
Majority of SE towns and SS towns were from Benin Kingdom. In the past Nnamdi Azikuwe the greatest son of igbo tribe and political father of Igbo had linked his origin to Benin. Onitsha and majority of towns and villages from delta State, Ikwere,River State and others are no doubt originated from Benin Kingdom.
Igbo tribe want to rewrite history by all means by claiming these people are igbo by force without respect to history when igbo themselves should be honest enough to accept that most of them (igbo ) are from Benin but pride and Shame won't permit them to accept this so that, by logic and Truth, they won't have linage with the ILE IFE, where Benin Kingdom can never deny according to History.

http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/75723-meaning-history-onitsha.html
Even the Fulanis are from ile Ife.
Your thoughts....

3 Likes

Re: Some SE towns(nnamdi Azikuwe) Were From Benin Kingdom by Brooklynsouth(f): 1:25pm On Jul 07, 2020
Christistruth00:

Oduduwa came with his brother's who were the ancestors of the Jukun and Kanuri from Arabia .
hope you are not sharing information your uncle kunle tells you at night because Yoruba men are known for lies

1 Like

Re: Some SE towns(nnamdi Azikuwe) Were From Benin Kingdom by Christistruth00: 1:29pm On Jul 07, 2020
Brooklynsouth:
hope you are not sharing information your uncle kunle tells you at night because Yoruba men are known for lies

Re: Some SE towns(nnamdi Azikuwe) Were From Benin Kingdom by Brooklynsouth(f): 1:30pm On Jul 07, 2020
[quote author=Christistruth00 post=91472653][/quote]do you want me to show you another version of oduduwa story
Re: Some SE towns(nnamdi Azikuwe) Were From Benin Kingdom by ERockson: 1:34pm On Jul 07, 2020
Some Ibo were from Benin and some from Igala. Ibo Don suffer
Re: Some SE towns(nnamdi Azikuwe) Were From Benin Kingdom by Christistruth00: 1:43pm On Jul 07, 2020
Brooklynsouth:
do you want me to show you another version of oduduwa story
Can you please give us your History version of Igbo Origins

Re: Some SE towns(nnamdi Azikuwe) Were From Benin Kingdom by Maize247(f): 2:11pm On Jul 07, 2020
Igbo should let southern minorities be
Re: Some SE towns(nnamdi Azikuwe) Were From Benin Kingdom by bigpriik: 2:34pm On Jul 07, 2020
then Benin should be included in the southeast simple!
Re: Some SE towns(nnamdi Azikuwe) Were From Benin Kingdom by Maize247(f): 2:52pm On Jul 07, 2020
bigpriik:
then Benin should be included in the southeast simple!
Igbo should just pay homage to Benin Kingdom so the curse of tribal failure can leave them alone. The river the forget source they say will dry off. Look at Anioma and Ikwere that recognize their source how they are moving forward politically and in other areas. Ijaw had overtaken igbo already while Ikwere and minorities about to do the same
Re: Some SE towns(nnamdi Azikuwe) Were From Benin Kingdom by bigpriik: 3:05pm On Jul 07, 2020
Maize247:
Igbo should just pay homage to Benin Kingdom so the curse of tribal failure can leave them alone. The river the forget source they say will dry off. Look at Anioma and Ikwere that recognize their source how they are moving forward politically and in other areas. Ijaw had overtaken igbo already while Ikweyesre and minorities about to do the same
Yes Ijaw has taken over politically you are right I guess that the reason they are now militants and cultists, no single fish in their rivers, see they way they are killing themselves in water over land,no land to plant because of oil pollution I pity that land when oil looses value ,as for anioma let me tell you it was an anioma man that registered me in ipob They are going with usgrin grin They are full Igbos, it is only ika igbos that deny Igbos because they share boundary with Benin city so they are not homogenous Igbos,I can see how yorubas are tribal success I was born and bred in Yorubaland , Lagos is just developed because it was the former capital of Nigeria,why did you people allow Gowon to take it up North away from your land can an Hausa man allow that to happen?
Now you see the painful it is this is the way we feel when you try to separate us from the ikwrees and Aniomas are blood brothers.
I can see you are pained already.
Re: Some SE towns(nnamdi Azikuwe) Were From Benin Kingdom by revolt(m): 3:26pm On Jul 07, 2020
I'm originally benin. Happy now.
Re: Some SE towns(nnamdi Azikuwe) Were From Benin Kingdom by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 07, 2020
bigpriik:

Yes Ijaw has taken over politically you are right I guess that the reason they are now militants and cultists, no single fish in their rivers, see they way they are killing themselves in water over land,no land to plant because of oil pollution I pity that land when oil looses value ,as for anioma let me tell you it was an anioma man that registered me in ipob They are going with usgrin grin They are full Igbos, it is only ika igbos that deny Igbos because they share boundary with Benin city so they are not homogenous Igbos,I can see how yorubas are tribal success I was born and bred in Yorubaland , Lagos is just developed because it was the former capital of Nigeria,why did you people allow Gowon to take it up North away from your land can an Hausa man allow that to happen?
Now you see the painful it is this is the way we feel when you try to separate us from the ikwrees and Aniomas are blood brothers.
I can see you are pained already.

Painful, no Yoruba is experiencing any pain due to someone saying they are not yoruba. Every Yoruba tribe has said they are not Yoruba lol that’s nothing new only Oyo people can’t say they are not Yorubas because they were the first ones tagged with that name, we refer to ourselves as Omoluabi or omo oodua. Unless you are from Oyo the Yoruba tag is fairly recent, nobody is losing sleep or being pained over it.

1 Like

Re: Some SE towns(nnamdi Azikuwe) Were From Benin Kingdom by Goddyj(m): 3:29pm On Jul 07, 2020
So Benin is our land and we didn't know all these years
Op thanks for reminding us! Boys, It's high time we take over our land!!!. Benin here we come!
Re: Some SE towns(nnamdi Azikuwe) Were From Benin Kingdom by bigpriik: 3:33pm On Jul 07, 2020
kingawothefirst:

Painful, no Yoruba is experiencing any pain due to someone saying they are not yoruba. Every Yoruba tribe has said they are not Yoruba lol that’s nothing new only Oyo people can’t say they are not Yorubas because they were the first ones tagged with that name, we refer to ourselves as Omoluabi or omo oodua. Unless you are from Oyo the Yoruba tag is fairly recent, nobody is losing sleep or being pained over it.

ijebu are not yorubas Google it awujale has said it you are not current.
Re: Some SE towns(nnamdi Azikuwe) Were From Benin Kingdom by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 07, 2020
bigpriik:

ijebu are not yorubas Google it awujale has said it you are not current.

Bros, Yoruba is a nation of tribes that includes any Yoruba dialect speaking group in any country

1 Like

Re: Some SE towns(nnamdi Azikuwe) Were From Benin Kingdom by duncun: 3:45pm On Jul 07, 2020
Re: Some SE towns(nnamdi Azikuwe) Were From Benin Kingdom by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 07, 2020
Constantjohn:

Ooni knows how to use igbo head na gringrin

Just like ffk and fayose grin
What of Joe Igbokwe grin
Re: Some SE towns(nnamdi Azikuwe) Were From Benin Kingdom by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 07, 2020
Goddyj:
So Benin is our land and we didn't know all these years

Op thanks for reminding us! Boys, It's high time we take over our land!!!.
Benin here we come!
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Some SE towns(nnamdi Azikuwe) Were From Benin Kingdom by bigpriik: 3:50pm On Jul 07, 2020
kingawothefirst:

Bros, Yoruba is a nation of tribes that includes any Yoruba dialect speaking group in any country

our forefathers didn't document any historical records for us to read and know where we came from the white men who colonised us even made things worse.now we are left with no choice but to use our common sense to know where we came from, if you say itshekiris are yorubas you are right because of their language and culture similarities, I consider itshekiris the Ikwerres of Yoruba land because they don't like the Yoruba tag even though they are similar to yorubas,
our colonial masters balkanized us, why are there yorubas in Benin republic and togo,? why is Yoruba land not a sovereign nation .

You don't wake up one morning and say things you are not sure of.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Space Agency Are Employing Religionists ! Senator Boroffice Cries Out / Map Of Buhari's Coastal Rail / Living In Ikeja, The Capital Of Lagos Without Prepaid Meter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.