Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

I'm Confused Is Accepting Jesus As Lord Same As Doing The Will Of The Father - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Confused Is Accepting Jesus As Lord Same As Doing The Will Of The Father (1302 Views)

Six Reasons You Should Accept Jesus As Lord And Saviour / Lady Indicates Jesus As Her Next Of Kin While Filing A Travel Manifest / Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Confused Is Accepting Jesus As Lord Same As Doing The Will Of The Father by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 07, 2020
haekymbahd:
wow!!!

You can say that again my friend!

All the laws and prophets God sent to Israel was to prepare them for the coming of the greatest counselor ever on planet earth! Isaiah 9:6

Jesus' thoughts, words and actions is all we need to continue meditating upon and trying as much as possible to imitate him, if you succeed in doing just that, everlasting life is sure! John 3:16

The reason why Jesus formed a group was due to the failure of his Jewish people to identify him as the promised saviour, otherwise it's the Jewish religious leaders of his time that would have spearheaded the global campaign to train people from other nations how to imitate Jesus' thoughts, words and actions.

Sadly those greedy religious leaders had became so engulfed in their money making traditions that they have to condemn Jesus, so to all those who believe (trust) his discretion he has given the power to become God's children and everlasting life is sure for them! John 1:11-12
Re: I'm Confused Is Accepting Jesus As Lord Same As Doing The Will Of The Father by Petrall: 10:53pm On Jul 07, 2020
haekymbahd:
sir but can one love Jesus with hypocrisy and still cast demon out, prophecy in his name and perform miracles... Or Jesus meant people collecting power from other source and using it in his name.

No they are jesus people. But they have evil work .
Re: I'm Confused Is Accepting Jesus As Lord Same As Doing The Will Of The Father by haekymbahd(m): 4:08am On Jul 08, 2020
FlourishE30:
Let's continue, now if we love God we will not worship idolatry, what do I mean here, most of have different idols we worship, examples making your work, business, trade,farm, your wife, husband, children and even our bodies, looking good as the most important thing in our lives, when anything is first in our lives then that thing as taking the place of God, and that is idolatry,God is a jealous God and won't share His glory with anything He created,we must do the work of God before our own, what did Jesus said,He said His meat is to do the work of the Father,we must take God's work serious as if our lives depends on it, of course it does because without Him we are nothing,we must preach the gospel,we must live according to God standard in truth and in spirit,not pleasing men or drawing attention to ourselves,but do that which God want of us,we must serve and worship Him all the time,we must live a life of righteousness, love Him more than we love ourselves;stop pretencious lifestyle,we must make sure the kind of life we live in the public is same we live in our privacy,then love our neighbors as ourselves,help when we can and when necessary, pray for our brothers in Christ,admonish each other, correct each other in love, stop living the life of this world,we must be blind to things the world like and deaf to the music, words and saying of this world:we must be separated from things that the children of this world glory in, that is love.God has a standard and we must live according to his standard to be His own, must must not talk, dress,sing,think,act and love what gives the children of this world joy.We must be different and know God by reading and meditating on His word,it must not leaves our mouth, and again we must ask for His spirit of wisdom and knowledge to understand His words because the word of God is spirit and life,we can't understand it with our academical knowledge or understanding.��
Thanks for your input sir I can relate with this, I only asked because I know there might be different views on it.
What could be the consequence of one who accepts Jesus as lord and saviour yet fails to do follow this you listed because it seems one can accept Jesus as lord and still cast out demons, perform miracles, and prophesy in his name without following all you listed? I stand to be corrected.

Can we say accepting Jesus as lord and saviour is enough to enter God's kingdom cos from the verse I see a case of people getting shocked by what they will meet?

So people might be transgressing and still think they are on the right path because they are able to use the name of Jesus and it works.
Re: I'm Confused Is Accepting Jesus As Lord Same As Doing The Will Of The Father by Petrall: 4:24am On Jul 08, 2020
Re: I'm Confused Is Accepting Jesus As Lord Same As Doing The Will Of The Father by Petrall: 4:27am On Jul 08, 2020
quote author=haekymbahd post=91487154] sir but can one love Jesus with hypocrisy and still cast demon out, prophecy in his name and perform miracles..[/quote]

Yes its possible. If God gives a man gift , he doesn't take it back even if he is not living right . Except the individual walks out on the gift

Romans 11:29
For God’s gifts and his call can never be withdrawn

. . Or Jesus meant people collecting power from other source and using it in his name.

It may be applicable too . But the major thing is that they were jesus people who backslide . They have stopped loving him. If they go into idolatry it still because of their backsliding . But his rejection of them is not necessarily the idolatry but the backsliding.

Heb 6:4 — Heb 6:6
For it is impossible [to restore and bring again to repentance] those who have been once for all enlightened, who have consciously tasted the heavenly gift and have become sharers of the Holy Spirit,
And have felt how good the Word of God is and the mighty powers of the age and world to come,
If they then deviate from the faith and turn away from their allegiance—[it is impossible] to bring them back to repentance, for (because, while, as long as) they nail upon the cross the Son of God afresh [as far as they are concerned] and are holding [Him] up to contempt and shame and public disgrace
Re: I'm Confused Is Accepting Jesus As Lord Same As Doing The Will Of The Father by haekymbahd(m): 4:36am On Jul 08, 2020
Petrall:
quote author=haekymbahd post=91487154] sir but can one love Jesus with hypocrisy and still cast demon out, prophecy in his name and perform miracles..

Yes its possible. If God gives a man gift , he doesn't take it back even if he is not living right . Except the individual walks out on the gift

Romans 11:29
For God’s gifts and his call can never be withdrawn

. . Or Jesus meant people collecting power from other source and using it in his name.

It may be applicable too . But the major thing is that they were jesus people who backslide in character
they are jesus people. But they have evil work .
Does it necessarily has to be evil work or not following Jesus commandments which I think is the will of God?

Well I am not a christain though but these are some of the things that confuses me about christsinity I am only asking this because I hear people say to me accept Jesus as lord and Savior and you are saved I am thinking could that actually be enough. That's why I want to what is is truly the will of the father Jesus was talking about?

Well someone has mention some earlier though is there a standard so one might know when he or she has transgressed.
Re: I'm Confused Is Accepting Jesus As Lord Same As Doing The Will Of The Father by Kobojunkie: 5:08am On Jul 08, 2020
haekymbahd:
What could be the consequence of one who accepts Jesus as lord and saviour yet fails to do follow this you listed because it seems one can accept Jesus as lord and still cast out demons, perform miracles, and prophesy in his name without following all you listed? I stand to be corrected.
According to the verse, Jesus Christ knew them not, meaning they were never His own to begin with. They did not accept Jesus Christ, and yes, there are those who have the ability to prophesy, and do magic by powers and sources other than that offered through Jesus Christ. I mean we have the psychics, the traditional healers etc. out there.
haekymbahd:
Can we say accepting Jesus as lord and saviour is enough to enter God's kingdom cos from the verse I see a case of people getting shocked by what they will meet?
Depends on what you mean by "accepting Jesus Christ". I would use the word Born again(Born of His Spirit). Only those who are born again(become followers of Jesus Christ) and do works of righteousness can enter the Kingdom of Heaven, according to Jesus Christ Himself.
haekymbahd:
So people might be transgressing and still think they are on the right path because they are able to use the name of Jesus and it works.
No! Those who belong to Jesus Christ know Him and He knows them. The Spirit of God living on the inside of them bears witness to to their being in fact Children of God. He directs and guides them, and they know where there heart lies at every moment of every day because He instructs them. The Spirit of God speaks so you know when He is stopped speaking completely that something is wrong.
Re: I'm Confused Is Accepting Jesus As Lord Same As Doing The Will Of The Father by Kobojunkie: 5:09am On Jul 08, 2020
undecided
Re: I'm Confused Is Accepting Jesus As Lord Same As Doing The Will Of The Father by Kobojunkie: 5:18am On Jul 08, 2020
haekymbahd:
Does it necessarily has to be evil work or not following Jesus commandments which I think is the will of God?
Well I am not a christain though but these are some of the things that confuses me about christsinity I am only asking this because I hear people say to me accept Jesus as lord and Savior and you are saved I am thinking could that actually be enough?
Oh, it is enough! But "accepting Jesus Christ" is more than just intellectual gymnastics. According to Jesus Christ, it involves the obedience of several commandments in order to accomplish even that.
haekymbahd:
Why do most Christians not talk the about the work cos I feel it is different from accepting Jesus as lord. Maybe its because I am not a Christian that's why I can't understand.
Sadly, most are ignorant of the truth of what Jesus Christ stipulated over 2000 years ago. And this is because many of them listen to Pastors/Preachers/GOs/Prophets who are themselves equally ignorant or simply deceitful.
haekymbahd:
Is Jesus dieing for our sin cancelling all the works or certain ones so we don't need to do anything or some. Note I am not a Christian maybe if I was I would have understood neither am I an atheist I believe in God.
Jesus Christ's death, resurrection, and ascension made complete the promise of the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ. He is a package that includes about 46 commandments that all those who choose the Covenant that is Jesus Christ are expected to obey in order to enjoy the promise of Life both here and beyond, that the New Covenant brings to man.
His death does not cancel the New Covenant, it simply makes it complete, so that we can begin to by obeying His commandments, enjoy the Life He offers.
Re: I'm Confused Is Accepting Jesus As Lord Same As Doing The Will Of The Father by haekymbahd(m): 6:47am On Jul 08, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Well I am not a christain though but these are some of the things that confuses me about christsinity I am only asking this because I hear people say to me accept Jesus as lord and Savior and you are saved I am thinking could that actually be enough?Oh, it is enough! But "accepting Jesus Christ" is more than just intellectual gymnastics. According to Jesus Christ, it involves the obedience of several commandments in order to accomplish even that.
Why do most Christians not talk the about the work cos I feel it is different from accepting Jesus as lord. Maybe its because I am not a Christian that's why I can't understand.Sadly, most are ignorant of the truth of what Jesus Christ stipulated over 2000 years ago. And this is because many of them listen to Pastors/Preachers/GOs/Prophets who are themselves equally ignorant or simply deceitful.
Is Jesus dieing for our sin cancelling all the works or certain ones so we don't need to do anything or some. Note I am not a Christian maybe if I was I would have understood neither am I an atheist I believe in God.Jesus Christ's death, resurrection, and ascension made complete the promise of the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ. He is a package that includes about 46 commandments that all those who choose the Covenant that is Jesus Christ are expected to obey in order to enjoy the promise of Life both here and beyond, that the New Covenant brings to man.
His death does not cancel the New Covenant, it simply makes it complete, so that we can begin to by obeying His commandments, enjoy the Life He offers.

What do Christians mean by 'Grace' and how can we now relate it to what you posted?
Re: I'm Confused Is Accepting Jesus As Lord Same As Doing The Will Of The Father by Kobojunkie: 6:54am On Jul 08, 2020
haekymbahd:
What do Christians mean by 'Grace' and how can we now relate it to what you posted?
Grace simply refers to the sum total of all the resources (time, people, places, breaths, etc.) that have been made available to each man in order to aid him in finding the path back to the maker and accomplishing the makers' plan in the end.
Every living thing has been blessed from the beginning with God's grace, but the grace of God through Jesus Christ is only available to those who are born again.
Re: I'm Confused Is Accepting Jesus As Lord Same As Doing The Will Of The Father by Petrall: 7:09am On Jul 08, 2020
haekymbahd:

Jesus was clear . They had evil work

Well I am not a christain though but these are some of the things that confuses me about christsinity I am only asking this because I hear people say to me accept Jesus as lord and Savior and you are saved I am thinking could that actually be enough. That's why I want to what is is truly the will of the father Jesus was talking about?

Get saved now . Ask questions later . Jesus is the only way of salvation. The man who rejects Jesus remains in darkness and doomed.

John 3:18
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Well someone has mention some earlier though is there a standard so one might know when he or she has transgressed.

As I said above ,leave the questions now.
You can't understand spiritual truth until you receive salvation. Get saved now . That's what counts ask questions later .

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

When you get saved. The holy spirit himself will teach you truth . Dont be afraid you may sin , dont be afraid you will lose salvation, even if you sin . All you need do is to repent and ask for forgiveness. Jesus can never rejects you m those who will get rejected are those who left the faith and deny his lordship.
Re: I'm Confused Is Accepting Jesus As Lord Same As Doing The Will Of The Father by haekymbahd(m): 8:12am On Jul 08, 2020
Petrall:

Jesus was clear . They had evil work

Get saved now . Ask questions later . Jesus is the only way of salvation. The man who rejects Jesus remains in darkness and doomed.

John 3:18
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

As I said above ,leave the questions now.
You can't understand spiritual truth until you receive salvation. Get saved now . That's what counts ask questions later .

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

When you get saved. The holy spirit himself will teach you truth . Dont be afraid you may sin , dont be afraid you will lose salvation, even if you sin . All you need do is to repent and ask for forgiveness. Jesus can never rejects you m those who will get rejected are those who left the faith and deny his lordship.

U know when it comes to religion matter I don't like being biased. I know a little about the spiritual realm of both religion.

To me at this stage of my experience I am more about clarity of doctrine not the holyspirit. Because if it is about holyspirit then I don't have any reason to leave islam.

Because from my experience I know spirits can deceive and make one see things as right when it is wrong I would not advise anyone to do that because most time the first spirit u get encounter with is the one you believe. So its better to understand doctrine before diving into religion.

I am a Muslim because I believe more in the doctrine of islam some people are Christians because they believe more in doctrine of Christianity while some it is the first spirit they get encounter with that determines their religion so to me it is not about holy spirit but I still try learn more about Christianity to know more about the doctrine and learn more about the believes of Christians.
Re: I'm Confused Is Accepting Jesus As Lord Same As Doing The Will Of The Father by Wakeupchristian: 10:42am On Jul 08, 2020
haekymbahd:
Thanks for your reply bro but is it possible to accept Christ and cast out demons, prophecy, and perform miracles in his name genuinely and still not do God's will I thought that was what Jesus was trying to say in that verse I stand to be corrected.

If you are truly seeking, you will stop mixing issues.
You did not mention anything about casting out demons or miracles in your post, neither did I mention them in my response.
Doing the will of the Almighty has got nothing to do with those things. When you strive towards the Light, demons don't get connected to you so you won't have a need for the "casting out". Light only attracts light. That's what I believe and nothing else.
Re: I'm Confused Is Accepting Jesus As Lord Same As Doing The Will Of The Father by haekymbahd(m): 10:59am On Jul 08, 2020
Wakeupchristian:

If you are truly seeking, you will stop mixing issues.
You did not mention anything about casting out demons or miracles in your post, neither did I mention them in my response.
Doing the will of the Almighty has got nothing to do with those things. When you strive towards the Light, demons don't get connected to you so you won't have a need for the "casting out". Light only attracts light. That's what I believe and nothing else.
well it was part of my post some people have raised their views on it already thanks for your input... U know one needs to clarify its doubt before diving into somethings. I only brought this for discussion cos it was one of the issues confusing me about christainity I didn't want to base on my own view I wanted the view of Christians to avoid misconception.
Re: I'm Confused Is Accepting Jesus As Lord Same As Doing The Will Of The Father by Wakeupchristian: 11:18am On Jul 08, 2020
haekymbahd:
Thanks for your reply bro but is it possible to accept Christ and cast out demons, prophecy, and perform miracles in his name genuinely and still not do God's will I thought that was what Jesus was trying to say in that verse I stand to be corrected.

If you are truly seeking you will stop mixing issues
You did not mention anything about castling out demons or miracles in your original post, neither did I mention them in my response to you. Doing the will of the Almighty has got nothing to do with such things.

When you do the will of God you are effectively striving towards the Light. Demons cannot get connected to you because lght attracts light. Consequently you won't have a need to "cast out" anything. You attract what you are. Happy is he who understands this principle and eternal law of Creation.
Re: I'm Confused Is Accepting Jesus As Lord Same As Doing The Will Of The Father by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 08, 2020
Yes the will of God is that you become born again by accepting Jesus as your Lord and saviour, by so doing you will be able to live the life that is pleasing to God.
Re: I'm Confused Is Accepting Jesus As Lord Same As Doing The Will Of The Father by Wakeupchristian: 8:10pm On Jul 08, 2020
haekymbahd:
well it was part of my post some people have raised their views on it already thanks for your input... U know one needs to clarify its doubt before diving into somethings. I only brought this for discussion cos it was one of the issues confusing me about christainity I didn't want to base on my own view I wanted the view of Christians to avoid misconception.
OK.
Re: I'm Confused Is Accepting Jesus As Lord Same As Doing The Will Of The Father by Kobojunkie: 5:02pm On May 13, 2023
haekymbahd:
Can someone explain what Jesus meant here?
And what does he meant by will of God? I'm confused.
Accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord means you submit/trust Him and Obey His every teaching and commandment, God's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: I'm Confused Is Accepting Jesus As Lord Same As Doing The Will Of The Father by Kobojunkiee: 4:58pm On May 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord means you submit/trust Him and Obey His every teaching and commandment, God's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of God. God's Law is God's Will! undecided
Re: I'm Confused Is Accepting Jesus As Lord Same As Doing The Will Of The Father by elated177: 6:38pm On May 15, 2023
Don't be confused, haekymbahd. The answer to your question is in the Scriptures.

What is the will of YHVH Almighty, the God of the Scripture, which you quoted?

Let us see!

John 6: 26 Yahushua answered, “Very truly I tell you, you are looking for me, not because you saw the signs I performed but because you ate the loaves and had your fill. 27 Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For on him YHVH the Father has placed his seal of approval.” 28 Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?” 29 Yahushua answered, “The work of YHVH is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

You might ask where the will was mentioned there. The will of YHVH Almighty is not different from his work. The will of YHVH Almighty is that his creatures should obey his Commandments. To believe in Yahushua the Messiah, the Word of YHVH Almighty, the embodiment of his Ten Commandments, is to do the will of YHVH Almighty.

So, yes, accepting Yahushua the Messiah as your Lord is the same as doing the will of YHVH Almighty. Like I said above, doing the will of YHVH Almighty simply means obeying his Commandments. Like I said above, Yahushua the Messiah is the embodiment of the Ten Commandments of YHVH Almighty. Yahushua the Messiah is your Master/Lord when you obey the Commandments of YHVH Almighty.

It means, therefore, that everything bordering of the will of YHVH Almighty points directly to obedience to his Commandments, which, of course, Yahushua the Messiah embodies.

Anymore questions? Hope your confusion has been cleared?
Re: I'm Confused Is Accepting Jesus As Lord Same As Doing The Will Of The Father by Kobojunkie: 8:26pm On May 26, 2023
FlourishE30:
■ What Jesus meant is this; that we should do His will if we claimed to love Him, because you can't love someone and not do what will make the person happy,if you truly love someone you will do everything possible not to offend the person, same thing apply here,we don't love God but we claim we do while His simple commandments we can't keep, Jesus said if you love me keep my commandments, and what are these commandments? that we should love God with all our hearts,mind,soul and with all our strength,and the second is like it too, love your neighbor as your self,on these two hangs/lies or the prophets or the rest commandments.I will be back let me wash my hair.
I am afraid this is wrong! But the commandments you mentioned happened to be part of the Old Law and not the New Law of God aka God's Will. Accepting Jesus Christ rather means accepting God's New Covenant and Law in the Kingdom of God. And God's New Covenant in the Kingdom of God is God's Will. undecided undecided
Re: I'm Confused Is Accepting Jesus As Lord Same As Doing The Will Of The Father by Kobojunkie: 4:55am On May 28, 2023
■ Its talking about hypocrisy. Those who dont love him from the heart . They claim part of christ but their works and character is evil.

Titus 1:16
They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate

According to Jesus Christ, those who love Him are those who live their lives in continuous submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments which is God's Will for all who are of Jesus Christ. So to accept Him ought to translate to obeying God's Will, however, not all who become born-again continue in obedience. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sonmvayina, Do Not Speak So Arrogantly And Foolishly. / Breaking News- First Female Priest Ordained. See Pictures Inside /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.