Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,452 members, 7,781,306 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:10 PM

Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch (77575 Views)

Pitch Invader Runs On Pitch In Granada Vs Manchester United Match (Photos) / Terrence Francis & Dwayne Allen Struck By Lightning During Cup Match / Allan Mbote Killed By Lightning During Goal Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by obembet(f): 2:32pm On Jul 07, 2020
A 16-year-old Russian footballer has been put into a coma and left with a scar around his neck after he was struck by lightning during training

Ivan Zaborsky is fighting for his life after the terrifying incident in Orekhovo-Zuevo, near Moscow.

The teenage goalkeeper, who was training separately from his teammates, was wearing a metal chain around his neck which was struck by the lightning.

It is claimed the sky was clear when the lightning struck at the FC Znamya Truda weekend practice session.

Amazingly, the video appears to show him kick the ball from the edge of the penalty area even after he is struck.

He collapses to the ground and his coaches and teammates rush towards him.

His trainer Anton Basov performed a heart massage and mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.

The unconscious goalie was rushed to a local hospital and then transferred by helicopter to a clinic in Moscow.

His girlfriend Yelena told Podyem media: 'He is in stable condition.
'He regained consciousness but due to a strong painful shock he had to be put back into a coma.'

'His parents are at his bedside. He has a scar around his neck where the lightning hit his chain, and that his lung was damaged. He needs time to stabilise.'

Zaborsky's sister Karina Zaborovskaya said: 'He woke several times, but doctors were scared to take a risk, and he was put back to coma.'

She said: 'Doctors say that he was born under a lucky star. I still can't comprehend it all. I cannot understand how it could happen.
'There were no clouds above the stadium before and during the training session, nothing signalled trouble.'

She praised the coaching staff who 'saved his life' with their prompt action.

Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zgfMWUj7I4

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by VillageBus(m): 6:38am On Jul 08, 2020
na music video e cum 2 do inside field neh?

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by paulolee(m): 7:30am On Jul 08, 2020
juss too bad...dts one of d reasons Y jewelries aint allowed on d pitch during a match... or mayb d gods are angry dt his team is tearing its ticket...get well soon bro

114 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 08, 2020
obembet:
[b]
'There were no clouds above the stadium before and during the training session, nothing signalled trouble.'

The above statement is laughable at best...

I am sure whoever made it hasn't heard of the term "bolt from the blue".

Lightning can strike even when the skies above are clear and those sort of lightning strikes are far deadlier than the ones that often occur during rainfalls or thunderstorms.

If they should care enough to investigate properly, I am pretty sure that they might end up finding out that there was a thunderstorm several miles away despite the clouds being clear above that particular training ground at that point in time.

174 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by money121(m): 11:51am On Jul 08, 2020
Ok

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by Fatbabyfart(m): 11:51am On Jul 08, 2020
Zaborsky

I sight a strange connection between him(zaborsky) and the lion himself. (de Indabosky bahose)

156 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by Dididrumz(m): 11:51am On Jul 08, 2020
Uhhh

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by BlackfireX: 11:51am On Jul 08, 2020
Igbo people I hail o...Yoruba people I throway hand...

Sending amadioha and sango..

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by Hienna(m): 11:52am On Jul 08, 2020
grin
. dem reach there also?

12 Likes

Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by Dzzorro32(f): 11:52am On Jul 08, 2020
Plenty things dey happen

2 Likes

Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by LoySupremo: 11:52am On Jul 08, 2020
Village people dey Russia?

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by richard870(m): 11:52am On Jul 08, 2020
Weird happenings around the world these days embarassed ...wishing him quick recovery

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by Openbusiness3: 11:52am On Jul 08, 2020
shocked
Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by godgizzy(m): 11:53am On Jul 08, 2020
Eyaaaa

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by Curvinus(m): 11:53am On Jul 08, 2020
just lol at your life if you are not already slaying at 16

1 Like

Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by Saude69: 11:53am On Jul 08, 2020
Hhjjk
Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by covic250: 11:53am On Jul 08, 2020
He see him life, killing himself because he was trying to form baddo.
Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by EzzyCarter: 11:54am On Jul 08, 2020
His bling was so lit... literally grin

"Thunder fire you" no be joke o. shocked Ama change it for the next nigger who says that to me angry

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by mozona(m): 11:54am On Jul 08, 2020
alright
Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by Openbusiness3: 11:54am On Jul 08, 2020
It will take a miracle for him and his football career to survive. What a terrible experience

1 Like

Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by Haywhymido(m): 11:54am On Jul 08, 2020
e be things o

1 Like

Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by Euegene100001: 11:54am On Jul 08, 2020
Get well soon
Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 08, 2020
If na Nija.. They won't even touch the body

4 Likes

Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by CyberEBOLA(m): 11:54am On Jul 08, 2020
WOW! EARTH-1 FINALLY HAS A FLASH!

Just like in the movie,
Struck by lightening and was in coma for long.

I don't know if someone activated a particle accelerator nearby, or it is just natural, but one thing seems sure, the guy is now THE FLASH!

When his power finally manifests, he might decide to use it secretly, to protect his identity.
cheesy

25 Likes

Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by Slynation(m): 11:54am On Jul 08, 2020
This one strong oO.... The thunder was a mistaken identity from amadioha... grin

3 Likes

Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by pointstores(m): 11:55am On Jul 08, 2020
Nawa
Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by Hpx43: 11:55am On Jul 08, 2020
paulolee:
juss too bad...dts Y jewelries aint allowed on d pitch during a match... or mayb d gods are angry dt his team is tearing its ticket...r.i.p bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Ordered To Demolish His Hotel In Barcelona (Pictures) / Ronaldinho Celebrates His 40th Birthday In Jail / Mario Balotelli Kicks Ball Into Crowd, Walks Off Pitch After Racist Abuse(photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.