Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,732 members, 7,806,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

What Is So Special About Yoruba Land ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is So Special About Yoruba Land ? (1646 Views)

What So Special About Benin?? / For Those Asking What's So Special About FCT Abuja / Why Do The Igbos Think They Are So Special? Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is So Special About Yoruba Land ? by Osaze007: 4:31pm On Jul 07, 2020
Let me answer as a minority
Yoruba land is the only ethnic land mass that have access to the sea the largest in Nigeria if not even west Africa ondo, Ogun , Lagos all the way to Cotonou

In terms of lAnd mass it’s almost 100,000km Size of the country Greece

Populations- with approximately over 40m people
It has all the trappings of a prized possession

Then Lagos. !
The envy of all Nigerian tribes
Decendants of those who failed to govern it in the 1960s refer to it as no mans land

It’s the 7th largest economy in Africa and its yoruba land

Peaceful & stable
Lagos, Ogun,Oyo, Ondo, Ekiti, Osun, Kwara & Kogi West

Honourable mention
Edo , delta ishekiri

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is So Special About Yoruba Land ? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 07, 2020
I'm not sure there is any Yoruba land in Edo state. Some part of Ondo state like Ese-Odo LG is an Izon land. I agree with the rest. But is Yoruba in landmass in Nigeria really close to 100,000. I'm not sure about this. The whole south west land mass is not up to 70,000. Can Yoruba land mass in Kwara and kogi be up to 35,000 sha

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Yoruba Land ? by Sammy07: 5:41pm On Jul 07, 2020
BabaOwen:
I'm not sure there is any Yoruba land in Edo state. Some part of Ondo state like Ese-Odo LG is an Izon land. I agree with the rest. But is Yoruba in landmass in Nigeria really close to 100,000. I'm not sure about this. The whole south west land mass is not up to 70,000. Can Yoruba land mass in Kwara and kogi be up to 35,000 sha

Educate yourself, only few communities in Ese Odo are Ijaws

Re: What Is So Special About Yoruba Land ? by Sammy07: 5:50pm On Jul 07, 2020
BabaOwen:
I'm not sure there is any Yoruba land in Edo state.

Well, I think some part of Edo speaks Yoruba cos, Edo State TV, news is read in Benin, Esan, Urhobo, Afemai, Izon, Yoruba, Igbo and other languages.
Re: What Is So Special About Yoruba Land ? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 07, 2020
Sammy07:

I never knew the South west is bigger than Niger state o shocked chai!!
Re: What Is So Special About Yoruba Land ? by Ibadanpikin: 5:53pm On Jul 07, 2020
The only thing special about yoruba land is the large skull and private part industries that is scatter in every nook and cranny.Again we the yorubas have the highest brown roof houses in the whole of Africa.All this things makes us SPECIAL.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is So Special About Yoruba Land ? by LukasPodolski: 5:57pm On Jul 07, 2020
outsiders tends to take advantage of our hospitality.

if only our people can be a little bit hostile.

nonetheless, we still have a long way to go.
Re: What Is So Special About Yoruba Land ? by Ibadanpikin: 6:01pm On Jul 07, 2020
Re: What Is So Special About Yoruba Land ? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 07, 2020
Sammy07:

Have you been to Ondo south before? There is no Yoruba town inside Ese-Odo. I lived in Atijere and Ilaje town, igbokoda an Ijaw town and Okitipupa and Ikale town for 7 month, and I waka the whole ondo south well well. Ese-odo is strictly and ijaw local government area. Is populated by the Arogbos and Apois.
Re: What Is So Special About Yoruba Land ? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 07, 2020
LukasPodolski:
outsiders tends to take advantage of our hospitality.

if only our people can be a little bit hostile.

nonetheless, we still have a long way to go.
There is no need to be hostile towards foreigners. There are Yoruba's also living in other part of Nigeria. Is better we work towards disintegration instead of becoming a little bit hostile towards other Nigerians because of what few people on the internet says. Or you wan tell me you no get Igbos, Hausas, Kanuris, Tivs etc as friends?
Re: What Is So Special About Yoruba Land ? by Sammy07: 6:11pm On Jul 07, 2020
BabaOwen:
Have you been to Ondo south before? There is no Yoruba town inside Ese-Odo. I lived in Atijere and Ilaje town, igbokoda an Ijaw town and Okitipupa and Ikale town for 7 month, and I waka the whole ondo south well well. Ese-odo is strictly and ijaw local government area. Is populated by the Arogbos and Apois.

I lived in igbekebo before, there are over 150 villages in Ese odo, not all are ijaw Towns.
Some villages had Obas, most of the Ijaws has been Yorubanized, but some are still Ijaws to the core
Re: What Is So Special About Yoruba Land ? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 07, 2020
Osaze007:
Yoruba land is the only ethnic land mass that have access to the sea the largest in Nigeria if not even west Africa ondo, Ogun , Lagos all the way to Cotonou

Then Lagos. !
Decendants of those who failed to govern it in the 1960s refer to it as no mans land

Peaceful & stable

Honourable mention
Edo , delta ishekiri

Children of h8 proeast Igbochief001 Igboid dedetwo Ideke9000 adabeiku Wiseandtrue

What can u say about shout yeast gringrin
Re: What Is So Special About Yoruba Land ? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 07, 2020
Osaze007:

Then Lagos. !

Peaceful & stable

Honourable mention
Edo , delta ishekiri

I never knew ogun had access to the sea oo.. I was just using Google map and I saw that ogun too had a large sea ooo. Yoruba land is too blessed
Re: What Is So Special About Yoruba Land ? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 07, 2020
Ibadanpikin:
The only thing special about yoruba land is the large skull and private part industries that is scatter in every nook and cranny.Again we the yorubas have the highest brown roof houses in the whole of Africa.All this things makes us SPECIAL.

Are u aware that awolowo is currently watching as Agbariojukwu is fvcking Azikwe from the ass?

Azikwe is currently in pain now.. Ojukwu big gbola Don damage Azikwe ass grin
Re: What Is So Special About Yoruba Land ? by Tranquillity360: 6:20pm On Jul 07, 2020
Best thing is yorubas to go and form their Oduduwa with their five state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is So Special About Yoruba Land ? by Sammy07: 6:22pm On Jul 07, 2020
Tranquillity360:

Re: What Is So Special About Yoruba Land ? by Captainrambo2: 6:23pm On Jul 07, 2020
Why is Edo in yiur list of honorary mentions? What have you been smoking ?

Re: What Is So Special About Yoruba Land ? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 07, 2020
Yoruba land is London to some people
Re: What Is So Special About Yoruba Land ? by Sammy07: 6:24pm On Jul 07, 2020
Constantjohn:

I never knew ogun had access to the sea oo.. I was just using Google map and I saw that ogun too had a large sea ooo. Yoruba land is too blessed

Ogun has access to sea, there is beach in Ogun / Ondo state, Ondo state has the coastline in West Africa
Re: What Is So Special About Yoruba Land ? by Tranquillity360: 6:25pm On Jul 07, 2020
[quote author=Sammy07 post=91481757][/quote]Go and form Oduduwa with your five state.
Re: What Is So Special About Yoruba Land ? by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:27pm On Jul 07, 2020
you will never understand how special the southwest is except you were born there especially in Lagos........am igbo,and was born in Ajegunle, Lagos state....The entire southwest is the breeding ground of great men n women in the country who are now scattered all over the country.....
May God bless the children of oduduwa!

3 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Yoruba Land ? by Sammy07: 6:27pm On Jul 07, 2020
Tranquillity360:
Go and form Oduduwa with your five state.

Oduduwa Amaka kiss

Re: What Is So Special About Yoruba Land ? by Captainrambo2: 6:28pm On Jul 07, 2020
This is kwara

Baruten Kalama, moro and edu re nupe lands........

Kwara is not a total youruba state...

It's like the binis saying they own edo... which isn't true

Re: What Is So Special About Yoruba Land ? by Tranquillity360: 6:34pm On Jul 07, 2020
Sammy07:

Oduduwa with your five state Amakagrin grin
Re: What Is So Special About Yoruba Land ? by Tranquillity360: 6:38pm On Jul 07, 2020
valentineuwakwe:
you will never understand how special the southwest is except you were born there especially in Lagos........am igbo,and was born in Ajegunle, Lagos state....The entire southwest is the breeding ground of great men n women in the country who are now scattered all over the country.....
May God bless the children of oduduwa!
You don't need to deny your tribe before you praise itgrin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Yoruba Land ? by Sammy07: 6:38pm On Jul 07, 2020
Tranquillity360:
Oduduwa with your five state Amakagrin grin

Biafra with your five padlock states grin

Re: What Is So Special About Yoruba Land ? by Osaze007: 6:44pm On Jul 07, 2020
Captainrambo2:
This is kwara

Baruten Kalama, moro and edu re fulani lands........

75%-80% of kwara land and population is yoruba
Re: What Is So Special About Yoruba Land ? by DEROX: 6:44pm On Jul 07, 2020
Tranquillity360:

you mean the 5 tiny shout yeast that only Oyo is bigger than them combined in terms of land mass
Re: What Is So Special About Yoruba Land ? by Sammy07: 6:50pm On Jul 07, 2020
Captainrambo2:
This is kwara

Baruten Kalama, moro and edu re fulani lands........

Yorubas never claimed total part of kwara
When has Moro become a non Yoruba? grin

Oga only 4 local governments out of 16 in kwara state are not yoruba
Baruten, Kayamo, Edu and Patigi and you're claiming they are fulani speaks of your ignorance

2 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Yoruba Land ? by Ritchiee: 6:52pm On Jul 07, 2020
Ibadanpikin:
Otokoto man spotted.He llikes nothing but sweet,sweet skulls because he is from SE republic.SKULL EATERS republic.
Re: What Is So Special About Yoruba Land ? by Osaze007: 6:56pm On Jul 07, 2020
Ibadanpikin:

Your in severe pain
Yoruba land is the only country that will have navy army and air armed forces in the event of disintegration

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Yoruba Land ? by Sammy07: 6:58pm On Jul 07, 2020
Osaze007:

Your in severe pain
Yoruba land is the only country that will have navy army and air armed forces in the event of disintegration

And the South South

Where in biafra land will the Navy stay? grin
Maybe in IMO river cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Social Media is Burning Nigeria (Graphic pictures) / INEC Continuous Voters Registration - How To Register / When You See This Type Of Picture,know That Election Is Approaching

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.