Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? (3583 Views)

My Girlfriend Dumped Me. Now It's Working For My Good / I Am Thinking Of Quitting My Relationship, Please Advise Me On What To Do / All The Girls I Wooed Turned Me Down Despite My Good Looks, Stature & Voice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by Ayemileto(m): 1:01pm On Jul 08, 2020
hesilo:

Like is it not possible for me to get a VISA if i'm married to her inclusive of the fact she's also a citizen.

If you're married to her, it's possible.

But from the write up, she wants you to come there before marriage.
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by Ayemileto(m): 1:04pm On Jul 08, 2020
hesilo:

Like is it not possible for me to get a VISA if i'm married to her inclusive of the fact she's also a citizen.

Well, If you're married to her, it's possible.

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by RealEzee(m): 1:12pm On Jul 08, 2020
Go ooooo, you even have skills sef, I got a buddy who didn't and he's way better off now, barely a year and half, dude is married with a kid now, stop listening to the lots that tell you you will become boy boy there, when over here there aren't any security to start with, they're shouting 400k is enough, dude we both know the value doesn't replicate the kind of life you should be really living, go over Ja re.

3 Likes

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by bigpicture001: 1:16pm On Jul 08, 2020
Start applying for jobs in the US from. NIgeria, wen you get it.. Den u can start thinking of relocating. Don't relocate without a job.

Cuz you are very OK financially.
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by MisterMan123456: 1:17pm On Jul 08, 2020
If you have certifications in IT field, go to yankee. You won't regret it.

1 Like

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by SavageBoy: 1:18pm On Jul 08, 2020
austine4real:
Think deep B4 u leave oo

Abroad no be beans .

If u going make sure u have saved enough just incase .....

Bros I need job oo

I don't mind if it's 50k per month

How you take known say abroad no be beans

Have you being theregrin
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by austine4real(m): 1:22pm On Jul 08, 2020
SavageBoy:

How you take known say abroad no be beans

Have you being theregrin

My brother

Don't check the deep of a water with both legs

Things are not always what they seems to be

Maybe the lady in particular is nearing menopause or she's being pressured.

U don't know what is on the other side of abroad oo

1 Like

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by Originalsly: 1:48pm On Jul 08, 2020
Hmmm.... can't stay away from mom?? ...hmmmmmmmmmm. You need to let her know you don't move alone.
If it is your wish to have your kids grow up abroad... is this not a golden opportunity? She is not going to leave nursing abroad to live in Naija... she cannot function as a nurse back home. On marriage... why doesn't she marry in Nigeria?.... then file for you? Don't ever travel because of promise to marry... it may never materialize and you end up trapped. On jobs.... because of COVID-19.... things aren't the same as before... you will have to find out the current situation. Even marriage... these days you just don't walk in to get married. Look well before youbleap.
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by seyenko(m): 1:52pm On Jul 08, 2020
it's likely you get a job in the US since you are an IT professional
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by Fidelismaria: 1:56pm On Jul 08, 2020

That girl is smarter than you

She can't quit but wants you to

No woman Is worth sacrificing anything for

Mr man dey your dey ooo before it ends in premium tears

1 Like

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 08, 2020
Use Ur Brain. Don't Leave Ur 400k Job. 2 Get A Good Paying Job Is Not Easy. Don't Measure D Dept Of A River With Ur 2 Feet At Once. U Don't Know Wat D Outcome Of Ur Marriage Or Job There Would Be Like.
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by oaselemi: 2:11pm On Jul 08, 2020
My brother, this journey u wan embark on go end in premium tears

1 Like

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by Bola146(f): 2:39pm On Jul 08, 2020
hesilo:

She would be coming this November...Her family is abroad tho, but she said she would wanna come to spend sometime in Nigeria and we perhaps use the opportunity to bond too. She's spending the stay in Nigeria with me tho

Just be very watchful and prayerful
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by baralatie(m): 2:47pm On Jul 08, 2020
hesilo:
Is anything wrong with that?....does boundaries hold relationships in today's world? In fact i actually met her while i was surfing the net in my office and we have been cool for the 8months now. So what's the heck?
okay!
happy married life to both of you

and congratulations on finding you love!
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by SavageResponse(m): 2:55pm On Jul 08, 2020
hesilo:
I am an IT proffessional who work in an Oil Servicing Company in Ph where i earn roughly 400k a month. However i have been in a relationship with this Nigerian American lady who's a nurse abroad and she's been asking me to come over to yankie so we could get married. I kinda told her i love the job i do in Nigeria and am comfortable staying back here. Meanwhile i had always wanted to marry an raise my kids abroad. Moreso, i told her that we could actually get married and she stay abroad while i stay in Nigeria, perhaps visit them from time to time. She told me she wouldn't want to stay away from her husband and that she's been alone for long and would want to marry and come back home to her husband everyday. I asked if it will be possible she relocated back to Nigeria and stay with me, she said no, that it's be better i come to the US were she stays and get another job. I am at dilema cos i sincerely love the lady and i think she does love me back.

My fear is going there to start all over agin, being at the mercy of a woman especially in a land where my parents ain't around, and perhaps not getting a good enough job to start up with.

What do you think guys?

Should i quit my job or the marriage idea?

Don't go anywhere, it's not like you're hungry here in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by hesilo(m): 3:08pm On Jul 08, 2020
No not really, in fact she's planning to come down to Nigeria this November for the purpose of marriage and being with me. All her fam reside abroad, but she just wants to come down for that sake.
Ayemileto:

If you're married to her, it's possible.

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by hesilo(m): 3:10pm On Jul 08, 2020
I have tho...CCNA, ITIL and ECDL. I feel these are not enough to get me job abroad. What do you think?
MisterMan123456:
If you have certifications in IT field, go to yankee. You won't regret it.

1 Like

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by hesilo(m): 3:12pm On Jul 08, 2020
Nah she isn't....she's barely 30 and i'm 33. Nothing like pressure tho
austine4real:

My brother

Don't check the deep of a water with both legs

Things are not always what they seems to be

Maybe the lady in particular is nearing menopause or she's being pressured.

U don't know what is on the other side of abroad oo
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by hesilo(m): 3:24pm On Jul 08, 2020
Thanks tho....bt she has no problem coming back to Nigeria to do so anyways. Just that she wouldn't wanna stay in Nija. My company is actually planning to send me abroad for a course, covid stalled it, so the thing is if they spend this much on me, leaving them might not be so easy.
Originalsly:
Hmmm.... can't stay away from mom?? ...hmmmmmmmmmm. You need to let her know you don't move alone.
If it is your wish to have your kids grow up abroad... is this not a golden opportunity? She is not going to leave nursing abroad to live in Naija... she cannot function as a nurse back home. On marriage... why doesn't she marry in Nigeria?.... then file for you? Don't ever travel because of promise to marry... it may never materialize and you end up trapped. On jobs.... because of COVID-19.... things aren't the same as before... you will have to find out the current situation. Even marriage... these days you just don't walk in to get married. Look well before youbleap.

1 Like

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by austine4real(m): 5:46pm On Jul 08, 2020
hesilo:
Nah she isn't....she's barely 30 and i'm 33. Nothing like pressure tho

Good luck bro
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by Originalsly: 6:25pm On Jul 08, 2020
hesilo:

Thanks tho....bt she has no problem coming back to Nigeria to do so anyways. Just that she wouldn't wanna stay in Nija. My company is actually planning to send me abroad for a course, covid stalled it, so the thing is if they spend this much on me, leaving them might not be so easy.

Why not wait and go abroad.... for free.... and upgrade your knowledge... for free.... instead of rushing to go out on a limb with Ms Nurse? While out on the course you will make connections and get a wayyy better perspective on your chances of employment and at what level.
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by eagleeye259: 7:04pm On Jul 08, 2020
maxjax:

my 2cent advice....find your way to canada. IT job pays more over there and they are in high demand. after some months invite her over, Nurses are also in high demand in Canada

I don't think IT jobs pay more in Canada than US. I know people who have moved from Canada to US because of higher paying jobs. I have a friend in IT planning to move to US from Canada because there are better paying jobs in the US.

It might be easy for her to practice nursing in Canada because she's a nurse in the US but I don't know much about that. I know nurses that worked in the UK, Nigeria, and some other countries find it hard to practice here. It takes some years for them to start practicing.
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by MisterMan123456: 7:08pm On Jul 08, 2020
hesilo:
I have tho...CCNA, ITIL and ECDL. I feel these are not enough to get me job abroad. What do you think?

My friend those certifications will get you a very decent job.

1 Like

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by eagleeye259: 7:12pm On Jul 08, 2020
hesilo:
I am an IT proffessional who work in an Oil Servicing Company in Ph where i earn roughly 400k a month. However i have been in a relationship with this Nigerian American lady who's a nurse abroad and she's been asking me to come over to yankie so we could get married. I kinda told her i love the job i do in Nigeria and am comfortable staying back here. Meanwhile i had always wanted to marry an raise my kids abroad. Moreso, i told her that we could actually get married and she stay abroad while i stay in Nigeria, perhaps visit them from time to time. She told me she wouldn't want to stay away from her husband and that she's been alone for long and would want to marry and come back home to her husband everyday. I asked if it will be possible she relocated back to Nigeria and stay with me, she said no, that it's be better i come to the US were she stays and get another job. I am at dilema cos i sincerely love the lady and i think she does love me back.

My fear is going there to start all over agin, being at the mercy of a woman especially in a land where my parents ain't around, and perhaps not getting a good enough job to start up with.

What do you think guys?

Should i quit my job or the marriage idea?

It is not an easy decision to make. I will suggest you spend more time in knowing her before taking the big step. You can also have a backup plan like postgraduate admission in the US.

You should also research the IT industry in the US to find out what skills and certifications employers are looking for. Then, acquire the necessary skills and certifications before you head out there. In spite of your skills and experience, sometimes you may have to start from scratch. I'm starting from scratch myself.

Make an informed decision. It is risky not to take a risk. Anything worthwhile will cost you something.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by hesilo(m): 7:27am On Jul 09, 2020
eagleeye259:

It is not an easy decision to make. I will suggest you spend more time in knowing her before taking the big step. You can also have a backup plan like postgraduate admission in the US.

You should also research the IT industry in the US to find out what skills and certifications employers are looking for. Then, acquire the necessary skills and certifications before you head out there. In spite of your skills and experience, sometimes you may have to start from scratch. I'm starting from scratch myself.

Make an informed decision. It is risky not to take a risk. Anything worthwhile will cost you something.

All the best!
Wow....one of the very best advice so far. Thank you.
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by hesilo(m): 7:28am On Jul 09, 2020
MisterMan123456:

My friend those certifications will get you a very decent job.
Thank you
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by DIVFAVOR(m): 7:48am On Jul 09, 2020
GreatMage:
I can't believe an IT professional is actually saying this angry

In the world of Information Technology...
There are no boundaries!

God bless you bro, guy package yourself and join her, as an IT professional, you will get times 4 paying job there if really you know what you are doing.

Her plan is way better and stronger than you.
Forget your 400k job.

2 Likes

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by Goddys(m): 9:20am On Jul 09, 2020
Personally, if a lady in US or Canada chooses we get married, I would leave this country quickly after marriage.

1 Like

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by sexylassie2(f): 9:32am On Jul 09, 2020
I shame for Nigerian men that depend on women.

Is it not emasculating for you guys.

I bet she is with 4 kids. Anyway, Nigerian men will agree for anything as long as it is USA.

1 Like

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by sexylassie2(f): 9:40am On Jul 09, 2020
DIVFAVOR:

God bless you bro, guy package yourself and join her, as an IT professional, you will get times 4 paying job there if really you know what you are doing.

Her plan is way better and stronger than you.
Forget your 400k job.

Stop deceiving him, just because you are working in IT in Nigeria does not mean you will work in IT abroad.

Continue to deceive him.

1 Like

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by hesilo(m): 9:52am On Jul 09, 2020
sexylassie2:
I shame for Nigerian men that depend on women.

Is it not emasculating for you guys.

I bet she is with 4 kids. Anyway, Nigerian men will agree for anything as long as it is USA.

You go just open your mouth waaaaaaaaaaaa

Who tell you say Nigerian men are dying to go to the US. You that is living in Nigeria how head be you?. All your so called politicians have their families resident abroad you think they are stupid. Nigeria suppose good but anyways for people like you. I am comfortable here, but i would like to build a family and never in this country. Money isn't the thing, i am simply in a relationship with a lady who lives abroad and is doing well for herself. it has nothing to do with Nigerian men dying to stay with women abroad. If you no get better thing to talk keep quiet.
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by sexylassie2(f): 10:02am On Jul 09, 2020
hesilo:

You go just open your mouth waaaaaaaaaaaa

Who tell you say Nigerian men are dying to go to the US. You that is living in Nigeria how head be you?. All your so called politicians have their families resident abroad you think they are stupid. Nigeria suppose good but anyways for people like you. I am comfortable here, but i would like to build a family and never in this country. Money isn't the thing, i am simply in a relationship with a lady who lives abroad and is doing well for herself. it has nothing to do with Nigerian men dying to stay with women abroad. If you no get better thing to talk keep quiet.

All these your rant shows that you are weak, you will become a house boy soon.

I have never seen any set of men that nag about everything like Nigeria men.

Politician this and that....bla, bla, bla

You are just irritating... God help all men like you..house boy, does not even believe in himself that he can do what he wants without the help or support of no one.

Why don't you save up to get things done instead of depending on one woman abroad that will destroy your self esteem and use you like a prawn.

Shebi, all your guys shout here is how the laws abroad favours women..but you want to jump that wargon, after she oppresses you, then you carry you security job gun to shoot her dead....nonsense.

Men like you are not long term thinkers....nonsense,hypocrite.

The woman is even giving you command that you must come or else...see how you want to wee on your pants because you heard America.

What sort of men are we creating in this country self.

Spit

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet The Dibaba Sisters: The Fastest Family On Earth From Ethiopia / Lilith The First Woman / Cool And Nasty Things You Have Done This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.