Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,704 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? (3582 Views)

My Girlfriend Dumped Me. Now It's Working For My Good / I Am Thinking Of Quitting My Relationship, Please Advise Me On What To Do / All The Girls I Wooed Turned Me Down Despite My Good Looks, Stature & Voice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by eagleeye259: 10:22am On Jul 09, 2020
hesilo:
Wow....one of the very best advice so far. Thank you.

You are very welcome! All the best bro.
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by baralatie(m): 10:23am On Jul 09, 2020
sexylassie2:

Stop deceiving him, just because you are working in IT in Nigeria does not mean you will work in IT abroad.

Continue to deceive him.
leave them on this thread to be deceiving themselves nah.
wish them happy married life!
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by hesilo(m): 10:57am On Jul 09, 2020
Na small pikin still dey worry you man. I finally noticed. Goodbye
sexylassie2:

All these your rant shows that you are weak, you will become a house boy soon.

I have never seen any set of men that nag about everything like Nigeria men.

Politician this and that....bla, bla, bla

You are just irritating... God help all men like you..house boy, does not even believe in himself that he can do what he wants without the help or support of no one.

Why don't you save up to get things done instead of depending on one woman abroad that will destroy your self esteem and use you like a prawn.

Shebi, all your guys shout here is how the laws abroad favours women..but you want to jump that wargon, after she oppresses you, then you carry you security job gun to shoot her dead....nonsense.

Men like you are not long term thinkers....nonsense,hypocrite.

The woman is even giving you command that you must come or else...see how you want to wee on your pants because you heard America.

What sort of men are we creating in this country self.

Spit

1 Like

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by GreatMage: 12:12pm On Jul 09, 2020
DIVFAVOR:

God bless you bro, guy package yourself and join her, as an IT professional, you will get times 4 paying job there if really you know what you are doing.

Her plan is way better and stronger than you.
Forget your 400k job.

Very true...
And to top it all;
He works in a reliable oil company!
Package yourself, apply for a job in her city or closeby! If it's not enough improve yourself with some America online courses and refire back!!

Unless the IT he's talking about is not the same IT I know
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by GreatMage: 12:17pm On Jul 09, 2020
hesilo:

You go just open your mouth waaaaaaaaaaaa

Who tell you say Nigerian men are dying to go to the US. You that is living in Nigeria how head be you?. All your so called politicians have their families resident abroad you think they are stupid. Nigeria suppose good but anyways for people like you. I am comfortable here, but i would like to build a family and never in this country. Money isn't the thing, i am simply in a relationship with a lady who lives abroad and is doing well for herself. it has nothing to do with Nigerian men dying to stay with women abroad. If you no get better thing to talk keep quiet.

Leave that babe...
Jealousy at work grin
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by hesilo(m): 2:33pm On Jul 09, 2020
Lols...baba na thesame o. I just dey fear say once person reach there, e go hard to get job and i no want make i commot from where i be king come go for were i go be servant. I'm a supervisor already here in 9ja with prospects to attain a cordinator position soon which means higher pay, going abroad might get me searching or back to a beginner position. This is just my fear
GreatMage:

Very true...
And to top it all;
He works in a reliable oil company!
Package yourself, apply for a job in her city or closeby! If it's not enough improve yourself with some America online courses and refire back!!

Unless the IT he's talking about is not the same IT I know
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by ModestGal(f): 3:45pm On Jul 09, 2020
I disagree
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by GreatMage: 4:24pm On Jul 09, 2020
hesilo:
Lols...baba na thesame o. I just dey fear say once person reach there, e go hard to get job and i no want make i commot from where i be king come go for were i go be servant. I'm a supervisor already here in 9ja with prospects to attain a cordinator position soon which means higher pay, going abroad might get me searching or back to a beginner position. This is just my fear

You have a point tho...
But just search for a way to get a job there...
I know Canada does something like that;
You present your CV and experiences to a company over there and if you are picked or there's signs that it's possible to be employed...
You japa!
Simple!

1 Like

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by MrSensor(m): 4:30pm On Jul 09, 2020
hesilo:
I am an IT proffessional who work in an Oil Servicing Company in Ph where i earn roughly 400k a month. However i have been in a relationship with this Nigerian American lady who's a nurse abroad and she's been asking me to come over to yankie so we could get married. I kinda told her i love the job i do in Nigeria and am comfortable staying back here. Meanwhile i had always wanted to marry an raise my kids abroad. Moreso, i told her that we could actually get married and she stay abroad while i stay in Nigeria, perhaps visit them from time to time. She told me she wouldn't want to stay away from her husband and that she's been alone for long and would want to marry and come back home to her husband everyday. I asked if it will be possible she relocated back to Nigeria and stay with me, she said no, that it's be better i come to the US were she stays and get another job. I am at dilema cos i sincerely love the lady and i think she does love me back.

My fear is going there to start all over agin, being at the mercy of a woman especially in a land where my parents ain't around, and perhaps not getting a good enough job to start up with.

What do you think guys?

Should i quit my job or the marriage idea
https://www.nairaland.com/5980765/should-quit-good-paying-job#91545938

Source: https://livelystones.ng/2020/07/08/should-i-quit-my-good-paying-job-for-marriage-abroad/

Nonsense fake story.

1 Like

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by Bennysam: 4:32pm On Jul 09, 2020
hesilo:
I am an IT proffessional who work in an Oil Servicing Company in Ph where i earn roughly 400k a month. However i have been in a relationship with this Nigerian American lady who's a nurse abroad and she's been asking me to come over to yankie so we could get married. I kinda told her i love the job i do in Nigeria and am comfortable staying back here. Meanwhile i had always wanted to marry an raise my kids abroad. Moreso, i told her that we could actually get married and she stay abroad while i stay in Nigeria, perhaps visit them from time to time. She told me she wouldn't want to stay away from her husband and that she's been alone for long and would want to marry and come back home to her husband everyday. I asked if it will be possible she relocated back to Nigeria and stay with me, she said no, that it's be better i come to the US were she stays and get another job. I am at dilema cos i sincerely love the lady and i think she does love me back.

My fear is going there to start all over agin, being at the mercy of a woman especially in a land where my parents ain't around, and perhaps not getting a good enough job to start up with.

What do you think guys?

Should i quit my job or the marriage idea?
Don't try it
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by MrSensor(m): 4:34pm On Jul 09, 2020
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by hesilo(m): 9:02am On Jul 10, 2020
Like seriously?....I made a post and somebody decided to use it to draw traffic to his blog? Nigerians are truly difficult and desperate. The person even had the gut to say my story was fake, can you just imagine?. Whoever that person is he's got no conscience and his effort for life will be stolen and his future will always be bleak. All he worked for would vanish in the thin air like it was never suffered for. I pray
Enugupikin:

hesilo you've been boasted.. Many fake people on nairaland afterall

1 Like

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by Cousin9999: 10:12am On Jul 10, 2020
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by kingjoe(m): 10:41am On Jul 10, 2020
Aimerosa25:
Follow your heart, ND do what's right for u.
His heart is giving him fluctuating signals so he is asking the forum.
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by Tango123: 11:00am On Jul 10, 2020
hesilo:

Like is it not possible for me to get a VISA if i'm married to her inclusive of the fact she's also a citizen.

Bro, interviews are done on Microsoft teams.

Begin applying for jobs in her area

The only problem u will have is that if they want u to start, and ask for ur visa status, u dont have it yet

But that will give u an idea of ur opportunities

In any case, invite her and see if you two can bond

Or go for q holiday over there

Finally, dont quit ur job. Take a study leave. In that way, u have a route back in case
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by Aimerosa25(f): 11:48am On Jul 10, 2020
kingjoe:
His heart is giving him fluctuating signals so he is asking the forum.
you made me laugh hard,he should continue with his paying job here in Nigeria.
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by kingjoe(m): 12:45pm On Jul 10, 2020
Tango123:

Bro, interviews are done on Microsoft teams.

Begin applying for jobs in her area

The only problem u will have is that if they want u to start, and ask for ur visa status, u dont have it yet

But that will give u an idea of ur opportunities

In any case, invite her and see if you two can bond

Or go for q holiday over there

Finally, dont quit ur job. Take a study leave. In that way, u have a route back in case
I wanted to suggest something similar.take a leave then visit her .see her reaction towards money and bills.check her lifestyle.and see how it goes before taking a decision.

1 Like

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by iLegendd(m): 1:01pm On Jul 10, 2020
I have the perfect answer to your dilemma, but let me allow others to talk first.
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by 2buffagain(m): 1:59pm On Jul 10, 2020
Most Women are incapable of loving a man she cannot leech from somehow. That kind of love is not in their majority system. Only men can and are expected to love like that.

But I will say that as an IT professional, you can do far better out where she is, if you are willing to update your skills. #400k in Naija will look like swear for you if you make the transition. The US is the best place to be a tech worker when you consider income vs expenses.

The more important question is, what is your estimation of this woman's ability to stay the course when things are not going well? Is she the your that gets frustrated at every opportunity or is she the type that is always calm and in fact encourages others?

I think it would be a good move to transition to her end.
But WHILE YOU WAIT in Naija for processing, do not twiddle your thumbs! I don't know what field you are in IT, but get yourself some Solid cloud certifications like AWS, Azure, Google. These will help in your job search. Everyone in any kind of tech field wil l benefit from those things right now.

Also, 2 more questions can help me give you a more strategic response: Where is she based? And what specific field of IT are you?

1 Like

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by 2buffagain(m): 2:14pm On Jul 10, 2020
hesilo:
I really don't think that's what she wants tho. She's actually is the person who wants me to come over and has more encouraging words that i would get a job quicker since I'm in IT. I still get your point tho my only fear is going there to get a job where i will have to put in more effort to count. I already have gotten to a supervisory position here and would be heading for a higher position in no time, otherwise i would be considering her advice without a second thought

Bro, I suggest you drop high ego and title-seeking initially for now when you get here. There will be room for that later. Your major target is to learn, because you WILL have a lot to learn here.

Here, very few people in IT work for the same company for very long, and that's at the choice of the IT worker e.g better pay elsewhere. It's a good field to be.

For you, before burdening yourself with excessive work responsibility that comes with leadership (aka title), come in as a normal IT guy first and acclimatize yourself to *everything* first. It's a lot to take in moving to a different country and you will need to experience how things are here from different perspectives to properly understand how to lead in this environment.

In very short time, If you truly are a leader, you will rise quick with whatever company you choose to settle in. These companies are always on the lookout for true leaders.

1 Like

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by hesilo(m): 3:12pm On Jul 10, 2020
Thanks again. This certainly is a good advice
2buffagain:

Bro, I suggest you drop high ego and title-seeking initially when you get here. Your major target is to learn, because you WILL have a lot to learn here.

Here, very few people in IT work for the same company for very long, and that's at the choice of the IT worker e.g better pay elsewhere. It's a good field to be.

For you, before burdening yourself with excessive work responsibility that comes with leadership, come in as a normal IT guy first and acclimatize yourself to *everything* first. It's a lot moving to a different country.

In very short time, If you truly are a leader, you will rise quick with whatever company you choose to settle in. These companies are always on the lookout for true leaders.

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by 2buffagain(m): 5:20pm On Jul 10, 2020
hesilo:
Thanks again. This certainly is a good advice

No yawa. Where is she based? And what specific field of IT are you?

Feel free to DM me.
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by Idonije8(m): 5:27pm On Jul 10, 2020
[code][/code]People think life is all just about money, I need to ask you a question with your 400k every month can you go on vacation every 4 months to other countries.. you Have a golden opportunity to leave Nigeria and live the best life You have ever thought of..with time you become a US citizen you can go anywhere you want and you are here listening to advise of people who praying for This same opportunity you have... if this same people telling you not go! Give this same opportunity they won’t even waste time to grab it,I know 400k is lot of money but do you know you can make more that in America,you can pave way for your brothers and sisters to come chop life in America and live a quality life...you should understand something ehn! Opportunity like this are not easy to come by..alway Learn to take advantage of it to the fullest..grab your opportunity leave this fucking country[color=#000000][/color]

1 Like

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by toni4691: 6:22pm On Jul 10, 2020
Please my brother dont go to America to marry a nurse . If you ever try it , you would be making the greatest mistake of your life .

Six months after you married her , she will start disrespecting you and crisis will start .

Note , stay in your job . Many opportunities are here in Nigeria .

All the best
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by 2buffagain(m): 8:47pm On Jul 10, 2020
toni4691:
Please my brother dont go to America to marry a nurse . If you ever try it , you would be making the greatest mistake of your life .

Six months after you married her , she will start disrespecting you and crisis will start .

Note , stay in your job . Many opportunities are here in Nigeria .

All the best

This is pessimistic.
If you are in a highly sought field like Tech, there will be no problem.

It's if you are in some "general manager" or "generalist" type thing and you think levels is the same when you come here....that is when you will meet problem.

If you have a specific, targeted, specialized professional occupation that operates the same no matter where in the world you are, like tech/IT, you should not have a problem. And that is why I cautioned OP about ego. In a specialized field you can still have some ego tho, but on some generalist or "manager" thing, just zero your mind say you dey start from lower than you came in. But it's alright, play cards right and you will rise much higher than you came in in no time.

As to the other concern about "Nurse stories"....
The most import thing to watch out for is bringing "Naija man" misbehavior to Yankee.

If your wife is working and still handling house matters, your own is not to sit down and be looking at her. Make your presence felt. There is no thing like "only woman does that". That behavior os the primary thing I would say you watch out for, before you watch out for "nurse".

Unless the woman was sent by hell itself, of which the chances of that are low, if you treat her the way you would also like to be treated you will be fine.

1 Like

Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by hesilo(m): 4:07pm On Jul 11, 2020
2buffagain:

No yawa. Where is she based? And what specific field of IT are you?

Feel free to DM me.
Whatsapp 070six123two38one

I can have urs if u don't mind
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by hesilo(m): 4:09pm On Jul 11, 2020
Idonije8:
[code][/code]People think life is all just about money, I need to ask you a question with your 400k every month can you go on vacation every 4 months to other countries.. you Have a golden opportunity to leave Nigeria and live the best life You have ever thought of..with time you become a US citizen you can go anywhere you want and you are here listening to advise of people who praying for This same opportunity you have... if this same people telling you not go! Give this same opportunity they won’t even waste time to grab it,I know 400k is lot of money but do you know you can make more that in America,you can pave way for your brothers and sisters to come chop life in America and live a quality life...you should understand something ehn! Opportunity like this are not easy to come by..alway Learn to take advantage of it to the fullest..grab your opportunity leave this fucking country[color=#000000][/color]
thanks bro....i love this energy
Re: Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? by hesilo(m): 4:12pm On Jul 11, 2020
2buffagain:

This is pessimistic.
If you are in a highly sought field like Tech, there will be no problem.

It's if you are in some "general manager" or "generalist" type thing and you think levels is the same when you come here....that is when you will meet problem.

If you have a specific, targeted, specialized professional occupation that operates the same no matter where in the world you are, like tech/IT, you should not have a problem. And that is why I cautioned OP about ego. In a specialized field you can still have some ego tho, but on some generalist or "manager" thing, just zero your mind say you dey start from lower than you came in. But it's alright, play cards right and you will rise much higher than you came in in no time.

As to the other concern about "Nurse stories"....
The most import thing to watch out for is bringing "Naija man" misbehavior to Yankee.

If your wife is working and still handling house matters, your own is not to sit down and be looking at her. Make your presence felt. There is no thing like "only woman does that". That behavior os the primary thing I would say you watch out for, before you watch out for "nurse".

Unless the woman was sent by hell itself, of which the chances of that are low, if you treat her the way you would also like to be treated you will be fine.
beautiful bro. I like your thought pattern. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Need Someone To Accommodate Me For At Least Three Months... I Will Pay. / Know This Before Going Into A Relationship With A Woman / Irritating Thing A Lady Has Ever Done In Your Presence.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.