Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,978 members, 7,806,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

Fresh Legal Moves To Sack Hope Uzodinma Commences In Abuja - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fresh Legal Moves To Sack Hope Uzodinma Commences In Abuja (49924 Views)

WAEC Denies Gregory Ibe’s Certificate As He Faces Fresh Legal Hurdles / Demolition Of Billboards Commences In Uyo Metropolis (Photos) / Bitumen Exploitation Commences In Ondo State As Equipment Land In Irele (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fresh Legal Moves To Sack Hope Uzodinma Commences In Abuja by fergie001: 9:34pm On Jul 07, 2020
Dansuqi:

We shouldn't be commenting on this kind of thread.
Many don't know....you enlighten them.
By this time last year, what do I know is a pre-election case sef!?

It is the lawyer who is taking the case up, I pity the most.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Legal Moves To Sack Hope Uzodinma Commences In Abuja by kahal29: 9:37pm On Jul 07, 2020
fergie001:

Yes, it will be looked at ...only for future references.
The case is time-barred...Section 285 of the 1999 Constitution is unambiguous wrt to time limit of election cases.
Nothing can be done at this time. The case has expired.

You have said it all

4 Likes

Re: Fresh Legal Moves To Sack Hope Uzodinma Commences In Abuja by hammer3: 9:38pm On Jul 07, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
The supreme court governor must Go!

U dont get it, APC or Buhari are trying to blackmail him by making him feel insecure, so he does wat they want.

This is the type of political game played in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fresh Legal Moves To Sack Hope Uzodinma Commences In Abuja by Dansuqi: 9:40pm On Jul 07, 2020
fergie001:

Many don't know....you enlighten them.
By this time last year, what do I know is a pre-election case sef!?

It is the lawyer who is taking the case uo I pity the most.

The NBA and njc must stop this nonsense.it is a highly vexatious case..no matter how you enlighten them,they will still forget when similar issues arise and make ignorant comments

1 Like

Re: Fresh Legal Moves To Sack Hope Uzodinma Commences In Abuja by fergie001: 9:41pm On Jul 07, 2020
Dansuqi:

The NBA and njc must stop this nonsense.it is a highly vexatious case..no matter how you enlighten them,they will still forget when similar issues arise and make ignorant comments
Which NBA?
Usoro's NBA.......mtchew
Re: Fresh Legal Moves To Sack Hope Uzodinma Commences In Abuja by fergie001: 9:44pm On Jul 07, 2020
kahal29:

You have said it all
I hope you are voting in the NBA elections later this month.
I know whom you are voting already. Make sure its the right one.
Re: Fresh Legal Moves To Sack Hope Uzodinma Commences In Abuja by kahal29: 9:47pm On Jul 07, 2020
fergie001:

I hope you are voting in the NBA elections later this month.
I know whom you are voting already. Make sure its the right one.

Hahahahaha
Re: Fresh Legal Moves To Sack Hope Uzodinma Commences In Abuja by fergie001: 9:51pm On Jul 07, 2020
kahal29:

Hahahahaha
Yes nah...I must not call the name. cool
Re: Fresh Legal Moves To Sack Hope Uzodinma Commences In Abuja by AntonVince: 9:52pm On Jul 07, 2020
AllTheWayUp:
This is the cabal moving against Hope Uzodimma who seems to be pro Tinubu n Pro Oshiomole

It's unlikely they'd go that length.
I don't see how the potential outcome could benefit them.
Re: Fresh Legal Moves To Sack Hope Uzodinma Commences In Abuja by AntonVince: 9:55pm On Jul 07, 2020
Racoon:

The supreme court abracadabra masked all these observations you have raised just to created this unprecedented judicial robbery of installing the supreme court governor.The illegality of that judgement will continue to reverberate.

The actors went too far.
Re: Fresh Legal Moves To Sack Hope Uzodinma Commences In Abuja by Yebosola(m): 10:00pm On Jul 07, 2020
[quote author=Dansuqi post=91485834]

Stop this outlandish and ridiculous reasoning.hatred for APC should not blind you from honesty.no judge will entertain such a useless case and any that tries it will be heavily sanctioned[/quote

Not when the window for that has expired, efforts in futility.

2 Likes

Re: Fresh Legal Moves To Sack Hope Uzodinma Commences In Abuja by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:04pm On Jul 07, 2020
Dansuqi:

Am disappointed. You want to challenge his legitimacy when the 21 days window for election petition has elapsed since?
I guess you have a point. But it still doesn't change the fact that uzodinma was not a valid candidate in that election
Re: Fresh Legal Moves To Sack Hope Uzodinma Commences In Abuja by idahme(m): 1:50am On Jul 08, 2020
seunmsg:

Well, not until the Supreme Court governors of Zamfara and Bayelsa are removed. Till then, Uzodinma is going nowhere.

Anyway, the case is just a mere ploy to distract the governor. I will urge Governor Hope Uzodinma not to be distracted. He should continue the good work that he’s doing especially in the area of exposing the frauds perpetuated by the previous administrations.

Am really surprised this Cass is coming up now, the case is weighty with what Supreme Court pronunced last December, though they may meet bring wall along the way. But the crux of the matter is that Supreme Court brought in lots of controversies when they declared Uzo as not been the candidate of the party in December and the same court made him gov in January, if these issues are clarified to strengthen our judicial precedence it's a welcome development though skeptical if it will come to fruitfulness... Don't just wave it aside, the thing strong.
Re: Fresh Legal Moves To Sack Hope Uzodinma Commences In Abuja by surgical: 4:46am On Jul 08, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:
These people should rest abeg. They are toying too much with the judiciary..This Uzodinma guy have shown several times to be Tinubu's puppet and it seems it's time to shove him aside.
Tinubu is an expert in using the judiciary,he has used it to help several,like aregbesola,oshiomole,mimiko,uzodinma,oyetola etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fresh Legal Moves To Sack Hope Uzodinma Commences In Abuja by fergie001: 5:39am On Jul 08, 2020
kahal29:
Dead on arrival because Ihedioha raised similar issues in his petition and the supreme court ruled on it. Besides this is a pre election matter which is being filled out of time and has been overtaken by events. Thus it is time barred.
There were so much gaffes across all Courts on that Imo election.

A. Ihedioha don't have the locus standi since he wasn't part of the Primaries.
The APP challenged the Court to interprete Section 37 wherein it even had no candidate in the said elections....and this matured to SC/1384/2019. So indeed , he had locus.

B. Pre-election cases expire 14 days after the Primaries (cause of action).The APC ended its primaries in Oct..the AA in November....yet APP filed in January and yet the HC upheld it, and the SC agreed irrespective the fact it was contrary to Section 285 of the 1999 Constitution (as amended).
I mean........

Two things stand out though.....
Uzodinma wasn't a party from HC to SC/1384/2019
The HC is vested with original jurisdiction to handle pre-election cases.

SOUND.
Re: Fresh Legal Moves To Sack Hope Uzodinma Commences In Abuja by kahal29: 5:55am On Jul 08, 2020
fergie001:

There were so much gaffes across all Courts on that Imo election.

A. Ihedioha don't have the locus standi since he wasn't part of the Primaries.
The APP challenged the Court to interprete Section 37 wherein it even had no candidate in the said elections....and this matured to SC/1384/2019. So indeed , he had locus.

B. Pre-election cases expire 14 days after the Primaries (cause of action).The APC ended its primaries in Oct..the AA in November....yet APP filed in January and yet the HC upheld it, and the SC agreed irrespective the fact it was contrary to Section 285 of the 1999 Constitution (as amended).
I mean........

Two things stand out though.....
Uzodinma wasn't a party from HC to SC/1384/2019
The HC is vested with original jurisdiction to handle pre-election cases.

SOUND.

Very apt.
Re: Fresh Legal Moves To Sack Hope Uzodinma Commences In Abuja by seunmsg(m): 6:35am On Jul 08, 2020
idahme:

Am really surprised this Cass is coming up now, the case is weighty with what Supreme Court pronunced last December, though they may meet bring wall along the way. But the crux of the matter is that Supreme Court brought in lots of controversies when they declared Uzo as not been the candidate of the party in December and the same court made him gov in January, if these issues are clarified to strengthen our judicial precedence it's a welcome development though skeptical if it will come to fruitfulness... Don't just wave it aside, the thing strong.

Don’t be deceived, there is absolutely nothing in the case. It is time barred so the court will throw it out without looking at the merit.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Legal Moves To Sack Hope Uzodinma Commences In Abuja by entrep88: 8:49am On Jul 08, 2020
It will be thrown out.. The case lacks merit.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Legal Moves To Sack Hope Uzodinma Commences In Abuja by LordKO(m): 9:13am On Jul 08, 2020
Barrister Kingdom Okere is after something most of you don't know, he's learning the rope very fast, so it doesn't matter whether or not he wins the electoral case.
Re: Fresh Legal Moves To Sack Hope Uzodinma Commences In Abuja by Ipromote: 1:11pm On Jul 08, 2020
Hope she you get hope?

See my siggy, I boost business sales by advertising on social media platforms
Re: Fresh Legal Moves To Sack Hope Uzodinma Commences In Abuja by NaijaOlosho(f): 1:11pm On Jul 08, 2020
grin
Re: Fresh Legal Moves To Sack Hope Uzodinma Commences In Abuja by sportybet117: 1:12pm On Jul 08, 2020
Good move
Re: Fresh Legal Moves To Sack Hope Uzodinma Commences In Abuja by 4mable: 1:14pm On Jul 08, 2020
[quote author=flyingpig post=91485302]

Exactly what I see.

Clipping the wings of Tinubu and Oshiomole loyalists.

Don't know if seunmsg even codes the idea

Let's see if it pulls through[/ I thought as much they are bound to fail

1 Like

Re: Fresh Legal Moves To Sack Hope Uzodinma Commences In Abuja by stangely: 1:15pm On Jul 08, 2020
seunmsg:

Well, not until the Supreme Court governors of Zamfara and Bayelsa are removed. Till then, Uzodinma is going nowhere.

Anyway, the case is just a mere ploy to distract the governor. I will urge Governor Hope Uzodinma not to be distracted. He should continue the good work that he’s doing especially in the area of exposing the frauds perpetuated by the previous administrations.

Truly you r joking.

2 Likes

Re: Fresh Legal Moves To Sack Hope Uzodinma Commences In Abuja by Zeus119: 1:17pm On Jul 08, 2020
The case is dead on arrival. All questions pertaining to nomination of candidate for election are preelection matters which must be commenced within 14 days of the occurrence of the event complained of.

2 Likes

Re: Fresh Legal Moves To Sack Hope Uzodinma Commences In Abuja by Blackmiserable(m): 1:19pm On Jul 08, 2020
SmartProf:
Lol...this man got a black market judgement from the Supreme Court. He feels to me like a non-eligible player captaining a football team in a world cup tournament.
Lol. Your fine choice of words though.

2 Likes

Re: Fresh Legal Moves To Sack Hope Uzodinma Commences In Abuja by Tupaq: 1:19pm On Jul 08, 2020
But Hope have started some beautiful projects......

Though owning civil servants and pensioners unlike the former governor, Emeka Ihedioha.
Re: Fresh Legal Moves To Sack Hope Uzodinma Commences In Abuja by OPPPS: 1:20pm On Jul 08, 2020
AllTheWayUp:
This is the cabal moving against Hope Uzodimma who seems to be pro Tinubu n Pro Oshiomole
At what stage did the cabal notice he is pro Tinubu/ Oshiomole?
Re: Fresh Legal Moves To Sack Hope Uzodinma Commences In Abuja by Amah70: 1:20pm On Jul 08, 2020
Lol.
APC stated that Hope Uzodinma was its candidate for the last Imo governorship election.

What’s going on now is Mba5 no go ever agree until it ends in their wish.
But Nigeria is not Vatican City.
Re: Fresh Legal Moves To Sack Hope Uzodinma Commences In Abuja by OPPPS: 1:23pm On Jul 08, 2020
flyingpig:

Exactly what I see.

Clipping the wings of Tinubu and Oshiomole loyalists.

Don't know if seunmsg even codes the idea

Let's see if it pulls through
I will not be disappointed if Tinubu is the reason why you have not eaten this afternoon

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ojoko Anthony Campaign Poster With Machete And Bible In His Hands In Bayelsa / Saliu Abdulkadir: Youths Have Driven Me, My Wife, Children Out Of Our Home / Herdmen And Their Cattle In Front Of CBN In Abuja(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.