Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,101 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

The United States Thinking Of Banning Tik Tok - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The United States Thinking Of Banning Tik Tok (331 Views)

"I Am Thinking Of Suicide" - Actress Eniola Badmus / More Photos From Sunmbo Adeoye’s Baby’s Christening In The United States / Olamide Responds To NBC Banning His Song "Wo" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The United States Thinking Of Banning Tik Tok by Extrim(m): 10:47pm On Jul 07, 2020
Social media users are not really going to be pleased on hearing that the United States are looking into banning Tik Tok.
And this doesn't just affect the social music app, it affects all Chinese social applications.
In accordance with reports, the Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said banning the app is considered due to National security and safety concerns.

During an interview, Mike Pompeo said;

"With respect to Chinese apps on people's cell phones, I can assure you the United States will get this one right too.
"I don't want to get out in front of the President, but it's something we're looking at."

The Secretary of State then went on to say that the people who want their "private information in the hands of the Chinese Communist Party" can download the app.

Other countries that have banned Tik Tok in their respective countries are;

India: India banned the Chinese app. due to the India-China skirmish and also banned 58 other applications.
The app was banned under concerns of National security, data security, privacy and public order etc.
Bangladesh
Malaysia
Pakistan: The Pakistani government considers it the greatest evil of modern times, ruining the youths and promoting unethical activities.

Although, in countries like Hong Kong, the Chinese app has decided to stop operations due to their National Security law.

[url]=https://the96illusion.com/2020/07/07/the-united-states-thinking-of-banning-tik-tok/[/url]

Re: The United States Thinking Of Banning Tik Tok by culf: 10:53pm On Jul 07, 2020
This is strong

(1) (Reply)

Man Machetes 4-year-old Son To Death, Buries Corpse In Compound In Anambra / Regina Daniels: My Child Will See The World / Kemi Olunloyo Reveals How Hushpuppi ‘funded’ Linda Ikeji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.