Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,773 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

Sigh - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sigh (2529 Views)

Sigh / Sigh! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sigh by XXLMANDIGO: 5:27pm On Jul 09, 2020
Still doesn't have clue on how to go about life... undecided
Re: Sigh by jurjes(f): 5:38pm On Jul 09, 2020
Hello xxlmandigo
Re: Sigh by XXLMANDIGO: 5:41pm On Jul 09, 2020
Hello dear...

jurjes:
Hello xxlmandigo
Re: Sigh by Amya(f): 10:02pm On Jul 09, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:
I woke up feeling awful, uneasy, bland and depressed. I am overwhelmed despite having a seemingly good Career, a daughter I love and cherish, I still feel some emptiness. Life appears static and uneventful for me and my bottled up feelings and emotions is at its brim. I am not proud of myself and I feel like I have reached the threshold of pain. I am very depressed.

To say I am sad is only but an understatement. I need to talk to someone mature, someone that has gone through this phase before and survived. I used to think I am strong but guess in my years of being around this terrestrial plain I have never felt this way before.

I was in the hospital for 7 weeks battling my life and ever since then my life has never remained the same again. I am going through trauma. I am alone and fighting off suicidal thoughts. I have paid my dues yet it seems never to be enough
Life is not treating me fairly one bit. So many things I wish I could share but I am pushed to the world,and to make matters worse I am alone and lonely.

I need someone to talk my plight to, before I finally lose it angry
0 814 601 53.47

Hi. How are feeling now?

I've noticed that people that are introspective and overthink tend to fall into depression more easily. Everything has to make sense and any slight clog in the wheel lead them spiralling down.

I was like that as teenager and was in a search fior meaning. Everything looked meaningless and there's nothing more depressing than finding out early-on the meaninglessness of it all. I was able to defeat it by just living. Not thinking too much and not caring. Ingrained in me from that time was the fraility of man. We'll all go. We'll all die. We'll lose those we love and they'll lose us too. That's us what it all comes to eventually

Death doesn't scare me. I've embraced my fraility and the fact that life is a journey that moves so fast.

My advice, don't spend so much time thinking but spend so much time living. For example. If you live your life in a foreign country with no access to the native food you love. The day you eventually come across it, you'll savour and eat it with reckless abandon. You're not worried on whether or not you'll see that meal again. You just throughly enjoy your meal without much thought. That's how you should enjoy life my friend. Do all the fun things you've always wanted to do. Make friends and just live. Having great finances is good but to me, it's only secondary to the most important things.

2 Likes

Re: Sigh by XXLMANDIGO: 10:58pm On Jul 09, 2020
This is deep. Thank you smiley

Amya:

Hi. How are feeling now?

I've noticed that people that are introspective and overthink tend to fall into depression more easily. Everything has to make sense and any slight clog in the wheel lead them spiralling down.

I was like that as teenager and was in a search fior meaning. Everything looked meaningless and there's nothing more depressing than finding out early-on the meaninglessness of it all. I was able to defeat it by just living. Not thinking too much and not caring. Ingrained in me from that time was the fraility of man. We'll all go. We'll all die. We'll lose those we love and they'll lose us too. That's us what it all comes to eventually

Death doesn't scare me. I've embraced my fraility and the fact that life is a journey that moves so fast.

My advice, don't spend so much time thinking but spend so much time living. For example. If you live your life in a foreign country with no access to the native food you love. The day you eventually come across it, you'll savour and eat it with reckless abandon. You're not worried on whether or not you'll see that meal again. You just throughly enjoy your meal without much thought. That's how you should enjoy life my friend. Do all the fun things you've always wanted to do. Make friends and just live. Having great finances is good but to me, it's only secondary to the most important things.
Re: Sigh by Amya(f): 11:04pm On Jul 09, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:

This is deep. Thank you smiley

You're welcome. I tried chatting you up on WhatsApp but it seems the line isn't registered to WhatsApp.
Re: Sigh by XXLMANDIGO: 11:11pm On Jul 09, 2020
This is my WhatsApp # 0706136.5018

Amya:

You're welcome. I tried chatting you up on WhatsApp but it seems the line isn't registered to WhatsApp.
Re: Sigh by Amya(f): 11:13pm On Jul 09, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:
This is my WhatsApp # 0706136.5018
Okay. Will chat you up tmrw.
Re: Sigh by GboyegaD(m): 11:14pm On Jul 09, 2020
Hope you are much better.
Re: Sigh by XXLMANDIGO: 11:51pm On Jul 09, 2020
I am bit more relieved than the last 24 hours

GboyegaD:
Hope you are much better.
Re: Sigh by GboyegaD(m): 11:51pm On Jul 09, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:
I am bit more relieved than the last 24 hours

Nice to know. Is this number on what's app?
Re: Sigh by XXLMANDIGO: 11:56pm On Jul 09, 2020
GboyegaD:

Nice to know. Is this number on what's app?
Re: Sigh by frozen70(f): 2:54am On Jul 10, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:
I woke up feeling awful, uneasy, bland and depressed. I am overwhelmed despite having a seemingly good Career, a daughter I love and cherish, I still feel some emptiness. Life appears static and uneventful for me and my bottled up feelings and emotions is at its brim. I am not proud of myself and I feel like I have reached the threshold of pain. I am very depressed.

To say I am sad is only but an understatement. I need to talk to someone mature, someone that has gone through this phase before and survived. I used to think I am strong but guess in my years of being around this terrestrial plain I have never felt this way before.

I was in the hospital for 7 weeks battling my life and ever since then my life has never remained the same again. I am going through trauma. I am alone and fighting off suicidal thoughts. I have paid my dues yet it seems never to be enough
Life is not treating me fairly one bit. So many things I wish I could share but I am pushed to the world,and to make matters worse I am alone and lonely.

I need someone to talk my plight to, before I finally lose it angry
0 814 601 53.47

The truth is that you are the one fighting yourself

Your mind and brain are playing game with your whole body and your emotional being and you allowed it to happen

Take your child to your parents if she is not living with the mum or you, this period to look after for you so that you can be free from that end and concentrate on yourself

Get yourself a girl friend, start a relationship with her and make her a friend not really a sex partner

People are into relationships to have a friend and a companion

This life is full of troubles and loneliness so don't wallow your self into it even married couples are lonely in their world of marriage

If you can't open up and tell us exactly what is wrong with you then follow the above advice
Re: Sigh by Theyoungmatron: 4:52am On Jul 10, 2020
What will get you out of a depressive state is in you sir, just like peak milk.
Exercise to get the blood pumping if your health can allow it.
Maybe you haven't had a good sex in a while or do you think your XXXX stuff can't handle it or it has been reduced to XX or even X size. grin grin grin
You need to increase your endorphin, dopamines and the oxytocins with a nice sex romps, sir. Sex can be therapeutic, you know. If you still needs your babymama then be the bigger person.
Facetime your family members and friends.
Go to social media and create controversial topics that you are familiar with. Arguments you have won over and over again in the past. It will keep you busy until this wave of depressive state passes.
Go online, facebook precisely and search for Dave Chapelle shows, Kevin Harts, Trevor Noahs etc and have a good laugh.
Take a trip if you can afford it.
Visit friends and let them do the talking.
If you are a catholic or moslem or whatever, i'd suggest you go to the chapel or mosque and sleep for an hour. The tranquility, the silence and including the perceived feeling that a supreme being knew you are there is kinda reassuring and uplifting.

If it becomes so overwhelming, you can seek out the helps of professionals. I wish you well.

1 Like

Re: Sigh by XXLMANDIGO: 9:13am On Jul 10, 2020
Theyoungmatron:

What will get you out of a depressive state is in you sir, just like peak milk.
Exercise to get the blood pumping if your health can allow it.
Maybe you haven't had a good sex in a while or do you think your XXXX stuff can't handle it or it has been reduced to XX or even X size. grin grin grin
You need to increase your endorphin, dopamines and the oxytocins with a nice sex romps, sir. Sex can be therapeutic, you know. If you still needs your babymama then be the bigger person.
Facetime your family members and friends.
Go to social media and create controversial topics that you are familiar with. Arguments you have won over and over again in the past. It will keep you busy until this wave of depressive state passes.
Go online, facebook precisely and search for Dave Chapelle shows, Kevin Harts, Trevor Noahs etc and have a good laugh.
Take a trip if you can afford it.
Visit friends and let them do the talking.
If you are a catholic or moslem or whatever, i'd suggest you go to the chapel or mosque and sleep for an hour. The tranquility, the silence and including the perceived feeling that a supreme being knew you are there is kinda reassuring and uplifting.

If it becomes so overwhelming, you can seek out the helps of professionals. I wish you well.
Re: Sigh by XXLMANDIGO: 9:13am On Jul 10, 2020
frozen70:

The truth is that you are the one fighting yourself

Your mind and brain are playing game with your whole body and your emotional being and you allowed it to happen

Take your child to your parents if she is not living with the mum or you, this period to look after for you so that you can be free from that end and concentrate on yourself

Get yourself a girl friend, start a relationship with her and make her a friend not really a sex partner

People are into relationships to have a friend and a companion

This life is full of troubles and loneliness so don't wallow your self into it even married couples are lonely in their world of marriage

If you can't open up and tell us exactly what is wrong with you then follow the above advice
Re: Sigh by Peace666: 7:42pm On Jul 10, 2020
There was a time i felt depressed to the point I got used to it.

Though na dry pocket cause am. But then it was as if i was cursed, nothing seem to be working. I kept pushing yet nothing.

Three people dreamt that i committed suicide so when i get to the point of breaking, I'll just remember the dream they had and smile. (I go shame u satan) was my every day confession.

One day God proved to me that i wasn't cursed. Just a period of trial.
Re: Sigh by XXLMANDIGO: 8:38pm On Jul 10, 2020
Much thanks for this. Like you live right in my mind. Your words are so apt and resonate with my inner depth cool

I am a professional going through tough times & most of my efforts has been futile. I don't need too much to get back on my feet again, and to be a doting dad to my beautiful daughter.

I need whatever support I can get before I get fatally depressed sad

Peace666:
There was a time i felt depressed to the point I got used to it.

Though na dry pocket cause am. But then it was as if i was cursed, nothing seem to be working. I kept pushing yet nothing.

Three people dreamt that i committed suicide so when i get to the point of breaking, I'll just remember the dream they had and smile. (I go shame u satan) was my every day confession.

One day God proved to me that i wasn't cursed. Just a period of trial.
Re: Sigh by XXLMANDIGO: 9:12pm On Jul 10, 2020
undecided
Re: Sigh by delugadou(m): 11:47pm On Jul 10, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:
undecided
by this time next year, you go laugh this posts for nairaland. if u hang in there, Oluwa go surprise you when u least expect am. right now my shoes bad pass ur own sef

1 Like

Re: Sigh by XXLMANDIGO: 12:06am On Jul 11, 2020
Amen. Thanks bro smiley

delugadou:

by this time next year, you go laugh this posts for nairaland. if u hang in there, Oluwa go surprise you when u least expect am. right now my shoes bad pass ur own sef
Re: Sigh by SweetCunt97(f): 4:08am On Jul 11, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:
undecided
most cause of depression in 9ja is simply money related. I'm yet to see a wealthy person who's depressed here.

Simply look to the light, be positive. Bad times never last.

1 Like

Re: Sigh by XXLMANDIGO: 6:39am On Jul 11, 2020
sad

SweetCunt97:
most cause of depression in 9ja is simply money related. I'm yet to see a wealthy person who's depressed here.

Simply look to the light, be positive. Bad times never last.
Re: Sigh by SweetCunt97(f): 10:51am On Jul 11, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:

sad

Our Learned colleague but that's the truth.
Re: Sigh by XXLMANDIGO: 2:24pm On Jul 11, 2020
Okay

SweetCunt97:
Our Learned colleague but that's the truth.
Re: Sigh by XXLMANDIGO: 3:02pm On Jul 11, 2020
sad

Help is not forthcoming
. undecided
Re: Sigh by XXLMANDIGO: 6:15pm On Jul 11, 2020
angry
Re: Sigh by Ishilove: 8:47pm On Jul 11, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:
Indeed , I appreciate calls and concerns from this community. I have communicated with godly and matured folks here on Nairaland and they have helped me identify, highlight and downplay the issues that was gradually eating me up and drifting me towards depression, and now I believe those issues are surmountable.

My health issues (Surgery and hospitalization) for several weeks has made me redundant and I couldn't get a single brief or earn a penny this year as a Professional that I am. I am in better shape now but the Covid 19 has affected me so much that I can barely survive, not to talk about renewing my legal license or taking care of my daughter the way i should.

I want kind people with empathy on this forum to help and support me in getting my license renewed, especially for the sake of my daughter. It cost 40k per annum but I am going to appreciate every goodwill and any help or support that comes my way .

First Bank Plc
I guessed as much. I'm depressed when I'm broke
Re: Sigh by XXLMANDIGO: 8:52pm On Jul 11, 2020
That's my current dilemma. I hope you can be magnanimous enough to drop at least a Penny for me...It's important I fix my current situation. My condition is tiring and exhausting angry

Ishilove:

I guessed as much. I'm depressed when I'm broke
Re: Sigh by XXLMANDIGO: 6:11am On Jul 12, 2020
Still hopeful please..... angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work / Men Are Also Goldiggers / g.u.m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.