Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,503 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

What Can I Do - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Can I Do (274 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can I Do by Escobar98(m): 10:46am On Jul 08, 2020
I think for weeks now I've lost my sense of smell completely. I didn't know when this actually started but shouldn't be more than two weeks ago.

I don't know if I'm covid-19 positive.

I'm asthmatic and periodic difficult breathing isn't new to me, but never comes without a reason (my allergies are cold and dusts). But Monday's is different: it came unexpectedly but I doused it quickly with salbutamol.

I've had headaches too and some mild chest pains over the last week but I was less suspicious of covid-19 due to my asthma [all those things were normal to me]

For the fear of losing my sense of smell permanently I contacted one of Oyo state covid-19 hotlines and I got responded to. I was promised a url that will link me to an online form so I could fill before I head to Jericho hospital.

Up till now I haven't had the url whatsoever and I'm essentially concerned about my loss of sense of smell. Went out with friends who smoked shisha incessantly on Sunday, even puffed smokes to my face but I 100% felt nothing. I can't even smell anything.

I'm overly confused. I've hitherto been trying other hotlines but I don't seem to get anything.

Here's my number : 08025290045 incase you have an option
Re: What Can I Do by gentlestdude(m): 10:58am On Jul 08, 2020
What do you actually perceive when you 'lost' your sense of smell?
Re: What Can I Do by Healthyway15: 12:52pm On Jul 08, 2020
You should isolate yourself completely from people for now, and if there's no one/help coming to you, it's best you go to the isolation centre nearest to you. This should prompt them to attend to you without delay. Don't assume that it isn't the covid 19 virus so as to be at safer side, and prevent complications of your health condition(s).
Re: What Can I Do by hinere(m): 1:14pm On Jul 08, 2020
First question, do u smoke Shisha?

Second question, for someone who is Asthmatic, do u think its really wise to be hanging around people who smoke for any reason?

Uncle, Am pitying u but ur not pitying your health now...

Oya, contact me for Snowphyllforte to wash your lungs. Who knows what might have entered. You and your friends need at a least a pack.

Read more here...
https://www.nairaland.com/5920206/every-smoker-alcoholic-must-read

And I also have something to treat that Asthma and make it stop once and for all.
Re: What Can I Do by DaCharis2016: 9:23pm On Jul 08, 2020
Just go and buy ginger, garlic, tumeric and lime orange mix together and drink.
Re: What Can I Do by Asquare84(m): 9:32pm On Jul 08, 2020
I have lost my taste of smell for the past two weeks, I called ncdc hotline I was told i my case will be escalated since on Sunday till date I did not hear anything from them again
Re: What Can I Do by Kallantan: 6:49pm On Jul 12, 2020
Well, there are only two options - either you have asthma relapse (which happens sometimes) or you have coronavirus. In both cases, you need to contact a doctor for help, and it is desirable not to delay this. The longer you wait with professional help, the worse you will get. So make a reasonable decision)

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti State Governor Dr. Kayode Fayemi Tested Positive To COVID-19 / Are You Healthy Or Do You “look Healthy”? / Diabetes, Stroke, Rheumatism, Infertility Gone In Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.