Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

7 Dollar Meal In Naija - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 7 Dollar Meal In Naija (9047 Views)

Afternoon Yam Meal In Atlanta, Ga / 7 Things Not To Do After A Meal / Your First Meal In The New Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by mustafar1: 2:19pm On Feb 03, 2011
flawed!

lets talk about, Amala 150 Eran hmm hmm
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by armyofone(m): 2:23pm On Feb 03, 2011
poster of thread, first mistake: shouldn't have eaten nada out of it before posting. eat half apa and snap half apa/ese to post is not right. some of us are not in naija so u should have posted the whole pix for us to see and judge grin

kfc is expensive here so i undy. their flat iron styled grilled chicken is pricy. that salad looks yummy. is that the eqiv to kfc coleslaw?
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by hbrednic: 2:28pm On Feb 03, 2011
unfortunately food priceses are going up all over the world,nigeria is not an exception.

A place of fresh fish ( point an kill ) will set you back N2,500,price not inclusive of the green bottle to baptise it.
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by Olaisrich(m): 2:38pm On Feb 03, 2011
That may be possible in PH, there are numerous oil workers residing there!
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by Akbar10: 2:52pm On Feb 03, 2011
but na wa for the poster o!
na so the food tire you after you start to chop, abi na person vex you wey bin make u start to regret!
to chop for fast food no be by force, face Mamaput!
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by Olaisrich(m): 2:53pm On Feb 03, 2011
i don't know why people are clammouring that the poster has eaten some of the food, anybody can
figure out the quantity that has been eaten,,it's just a little out of that chicken now!
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by ifyalways(f): 3:04pm On Feb 03, 2011
delegiwa:

Was in Uzuakoli (Abia State) over the weekend and we decided to go to a Palmie bar for some natural palmie and some bush meat. Even in Uzuakoli which can't be called an urban area in some respect, the price of bush meat was so high that we ended up having less than what we intended to have. This myth about things being cheap in the villages has got to stop please.

BTW, anybody from Uzuakoli on this forum? What is with the palmie at the joint called IYO'O that everyone warned us not to take more than one bottle if we must be lucid enough drive ourselves back to PH?
Correct palmmy.
Been there twice.He sells undiluted palmmy,no sugar,saccharin or other conc. mixtures sold as palmmy.
hustla:

10 dollars should b about 1k5 in naira abi?go to mama put n buy ogufe n amala wif 1k5, u go chop sotey dem go need carry u comot dere ni!!!!lmao, u go vomit sef, grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by MaiSuya(m): 3:35pm On Feb 03, 2011
Did I hear $7? Well, I guess it depends on where in niaja you live.

in benue stat, where I reside, you can get a good meal for just N150, and that's about $1.
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by patorini(m): 3:37pm On Feb 03, 2011
delegiwa:

Ah!!! U made that same mistake?  I found out too late and the hardest of ways that you don't leave your tummy to the vagaries of those glorified bukas at the MMIA.  I'd rather buy Agoyin beans from a seller at Oshodi and take it with me to the airport than to try that nonsense ever again.

For those of us in PHC, there is this place down Aggrey Road, and they only do swallow.  You fit die on top the food cos the price is unbelievably low and of good quality too.  Try a delicacy called CENTRE BONE,  and you'll be hooked for life.

Chappy, have you done fresh fish pepper soup at dat local spot on Moscow road, Omo you will empty your pocket!!!!

generally everything in portharcourt in unnecessarily expensive. from transportation to clothes, food, beer, sometimes women,
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by vanitty: 3:46pm On Feb 03, 2011
armyofone:

poster of thread, first mistake: shouldn't have eaten nada out of it before posting. eat half apa and snap half apa/ese to post is not right. some of us are not in naija so u should have posted the whole pix for us to see and judge grin

kfc is expensive here so i undy. their flat iron styled grilled chicken is pricy. that salad looks yummy. is that the eqiv to kfc coleslaw?

LOL
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by manny4life(m): 3:58pm On Feb 03, 2011
You mean they pay $$$ for the meal, or is that equivalent to $$$, which one?

To be honest, the presentation of the food is kinda awe, embarassed embarassed

That doesn't look like salad to me, that more of chicken coleslaw
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by aloyemeka1: 4:07pm On Feb 03, 2011
Kobojunkie:

@Poster, there's got to be cheaper alternatives out there because $7 is too much for the average individual.

Same thing in the US, one course meal in any fast food restaurant costs between $6-$7 and many Americans can hardly afford that.
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by tpia5: 4:31pm On Feb 03, 2011
Olaisrich:

i don't know why people are clammouring that the poster has eaten some of the food, anybody can
figure out the quantity that has been eaten,,it's just a little out of that chicken now!

i dont know about you, but i see crumbs all over that plate.
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 03, 2011
Olaisrich:

Are you sure? 3 quarters of the plate don disappear
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by tpia5: 4:35pm On Feb 03, 2011
@ topic

a KFC two piece chicken meal costs about $5 or $6, i think.
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 03, 2011
tpia@:

you're wrong. It's about $12, what do you usually get? grin
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by armyofone(m): 5:14pm On Feb 03, 2011
lie lie  grin 12dollar for kfc meal na lie unless you ordered the bucket meal with all the sides eww, you must be weighing 300lbs by now  grin cry grin

Ileke-IdI:

you're wrong. It's about $12, what do you usually get? grin
how are you sisi grin
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by tennyalad(m): 5:45pm On Feb 03, 2011
It depends on your lifestyle but you can definitely eat 3 good and healthy meals a day with $7
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by Kobojunkie: 5:46pm On Feb 03, 2011
delegiwa (m)
Bundu Waterside, Port Harcourt

Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija
« #48 on: Today at 11:36:06 AM »
Was in Uzuakoli (Abia State) over the weekend and we decided to go to a Palmie bar for some natural palmie and some bush meat. Even in Uzuakoli which can't be called an urban area in some respect, the price of bush meat was so high that we ended up having less than what we intended to have. This myth about things being cheap in the villages has got to stop please.

BTW, anybody from Uzuakoli on this forum? What is with the palmie at the joint called IYO'O that everyone warned us not to take more than one bottle if we must be lucid enough drive ourselves back to PH?

Uzuakoli is definitely one of those villages where food is not necessarily cheaper than what is obtained in the townships around.
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by keshiAvutu: 5:47pm On Feb 03, 2011
Bobo don chop the thing finish and starts to cry embarassed!
Next time go to madam "aka shimmy" and ask for some rice and beans w/ ukwu anu;
smiles will cover your face after. tongue
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by Kobojunkie: 5:49pm On Feb 03, 2011
tpia@:

@ topic

Two piece chicken meal is still less than $5 bucks in many places.
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by ifyalways(f): 7:21pm On Feb 03, 2011
keshiAvutu:

Bobo don chop the thing finish and starts to cry embarassed!
Next time go to madam "[b]aka shimmy" [/b]and ask for some rice and beans w/ ukwu anu;
smiles will cover your face after. tongue
Do u know/patronise aka shimmy? cheesy
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by Fhemmmy: 7:42pm On Feb 03, 2011
This was by choice.
There are some restuarant or Buka, where i am sure you could eat well with just 2$$ . . . . . .
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by dayokanu(m): 7:43pm On Feb 03, 2011
ifyalways:

Do u know/patronise aka shimmy?  cheesy

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Na all the bend down enter joint you sabi.

Na you go know where dem dey sell one bite of ponmo, half wrap of akpu and where 3 people can share a plate of Ukwobi

Which kain inlaw you be sef wey dey shame me everywhere?  embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by Fhemmmy: 7:52pm On Feb 03, 2011
dayokanu:

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Na all the bend down enter joint you sabi.

N[b]a you go know where dem dey sell one bite of ponmo, half wrap of akpu and where 3 people can share a plate of Ukwobi[/b]

Which kain inlaw you be sef wey dey shame me everywhere?  embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Lol
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by eherbal(m): 7:53pm On Feb 03, 2011
you're kidding right?
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by Nobody: 8:30pm On Feb 03, 2011
Dude shoulda gonna to mama put!!!
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by MAURI: 9:57pm On Feb 03, 2011
@Dayokanu
I love your description 

You are talking about per plate meals, I am talking about Pay as you go meals

Per plate meal = Everything you get served is put into a plate/bowl and you are charged for the plate.

Pay as you go meal = Mama put, where they keep scratching the spoon against the pot as if the food is almost finish,
                                   and when you think you have enough you can affoord on the plate, you say: "e don do"

LMAO.
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by Nobody: 10:02pm On Feb 03, 2011
^ Ajebo pretender grin grin grin!!! For Iya Basira joint, this is how it goes: Eba 50 bucks with ewedu soup and two ponmo pieces. I no sabi which mama put u need to tell say e don do
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by MAURI: 10:23pm On Feb 03, 2011
@Naijababe,
You no serious o. lol. Me pretender? Say weytin happen? Well, just going by what I remember from way back,  Each time I visit Naija, I don't miss that executive  buka in surulere : "Olaya"
Just can't stand it when the personnel are being rude to the customers.
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by Nobody: 10:46pm On Feb 03, 2011
^ OMG!!! That's ma joint too but I kinda prefer Shitta sha and of course no las gidi trip is complete without Bankolemo rice. Hmmmm salivating
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by KennyG6(m): 10:48pm On Feb 03, 2011
^^^hmmm amala shita, yummy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Brand New Refrigerator Not Cooling / Whats The Name Of This Fruit ? / UN Congratulates Nigeria On Meeting Hunger Eradication Target

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.