Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,863 members, 7,806,441 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

Surrogate Mom [love Or Life] - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Surrogate Mom [love Or Life] (780 Views)

Mummy's Gateman And I (when Mom Finds Out) / ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction / Mom's New Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Surrogate Mom [love Or Life] by ilovetoeat: 1:39pm On Jul 08, 2020
HELLO DEAR READER,
This is the story of GINA a young lady who has always felt inferior to all,over the years,Jealous especially of her sister who seems to have the perfect life and whom she would do anything to be better than..
The heavens seem to be smiling down at her when a massive opportunity presents itself
WHAT WILL SHE CHOOSE??
THE LOVE FOR FAMILY OR FULFILLING HER LIFE
GOAL??!!!!!!!
Re: Surrogate Mom [love Or Life] by ilovetoeat: 2:53pm On Jul 08, 2020
CHAPTER 1.
The wedding....

I looked ahead like the rest of the congregation as MY elder sister Araminta walked down the aisle with her arm looped around our fathers,ARAMINTA... even the name sounded magical, so feminine unlike mine GINA.
For as long as i can remember my sister had been my life long rival, she had the perfect life, the perfect looks, the perfect body, the perfect boyfriends and now the perfect husband in a perfect wedding. i had spent more than half of my life trying my best to be better than my sister, trying to be recognized but i had never achieved that, it was like Araminta had everything whereas i had nothing, the only thing i had which Araminta did not was my best friend Ade and now she had him too seeing as he was the perfect husband.
I locked eyes with my sister as she walked down the aisle and my eyes teared up, i loved my sister too, and now i didn't know if I was crying because my sis was getting married or because I'll never measure up to her.
"Damn it Ginny" i cursed as i blew my nose roughly, I couldn't wait for the ceremony to be over..
"Gina come on, let loose" my elder sister's best friend wunmi shouted at me over the loud music.
we were at the after party and it was awfully late,
DANCING! another thing I'd always lose to Araminta at... I just could never bring myself to shake wildly or pretend to be a flower in a room full of people. When I was younger I had tried dancing one day a long time ago when i was 9
***FLASHBACK***
GINA smiled as she glued her eyes to the PC in front of her, she was watching a dance video and she was having a hard time following the steps.she tried again and again, finally she got the hang of it and proceeded to her elder sister's room to show it off,
"minty minty care to see my new dance?" she whined
" alright kissy face, show it"minty struggled to sit up with her phone in hand and proceeded to watch her baby sister dance....
"HAHAHAHA..... YOU LOOK LIKE A STARVED DUCK" minty laughed hysterically
" OMG I'll have to upload this" she laughed while typing furiously on her phone
"what! minty you recorded this, but I've just practised once and it's not perfect yet"
" well duhhh, that's even better, it's been a while I uploaded any thing funny in the school forum, now I've got something.... I'm so glad I recorded this secretly hahahaha"
Gina was so angry at her elder sister, she ran away angrily, her sisters laughter accompanying her. The next day at school, all the kids had proceeded to mock her, she was being pointed at all day and her crush back then the most handsome boy in class Lynn Gregor had laughed at her, she had stopped dancing ever since for fear of being laughed at...
PRESENT DAY
I gave a slight smile as i recollected that incident, i shook my head lightly at wunmi
"I'm afraid I've had too much to drink sis wunmi, I'll just sit over here"
" ughhh minty your sister's still acting so sore today off all days* wunmi shouted at minty who was gyrating against her husband. She said something back to wunmi then they both laughed and completely forgot my existence as they blended in with the crown once more.
MINTY even the nickname sounded sweet unlike mine Ginny,like damn am I some gin seller??,i thought as I moved away from the crowd in search of a quiet place to rest my thoughts,I bumped into a waiter on the way getting drinks spilled all over my only green dress
"oh I'm so sorry ma'am" the young girl apologized while looking scared, well no surprise there since i always had a cold look on my face
"it's okay, just grab me some tissues and we'll forget about it"
the young waiter went ahead to get the tissues after nodding consecutively a thousand times
"am I that scary" I muttered quietly while touching my face
the young girl came back in almost 20 seconds with the tissues while apologizing over again,i gave her a smile as I moved ahead.
Getting to the terrace I felt like I was in heaven, the wind blew softly against my face and I was in my own world once again. I couldn't help my thoughts from drifting to the heavy pile of work waiting for me the coming monday.
Being an head nurse at South side hospital had it's benefits, but it had disadvantages too, one being the hectic night shifts. I had pleased with the director to grant me a two week leave to attend the wedding and now I'll have to pay for it by work night shifts for a whole two weeks. I sighed and hunched my shoulders, I was so tired.... I really wish I could have a two days vacation somewhere like Puerto Rico to cool my nerves.
"Hey Michael you bastard, wait for me" I looked back to see who was shouting behind me.
" President Jordans please, I'm so sorry please" I saw a woman shout amidst her tears, she stumbled along the way but quickly stood again running after the man I presumed to be president Jordan, it was quite dark so I couldn't see his face properly but I was able to make out his sideview nd gal!! DELICIOSO� a white man....
THE man who allegedly had called someone a bastard came running over, he was tall, about 6'5 ND super GOOD LOOKING he was white too.....
He glanced at me as he passed me by and he winked, "ughhh Playboy" .. I thought
"prepare for your bankruptcy" a magnetic voice rang out presumably from the man in the dark,the voice was so cold I felt so scared listening to it and I'm quite the strong girl. Beads of sweat broke out on the woman's pretty forehead and that was when I recognized her Andrea Thomas,she was a socialite,hardly was there anyone in C city who didn't know her. Her father owned a chemical factory here in C city ND they were WEALTHY,why would she look so battered in this hotel at night while begging a man,who exactly was this man??
I turned to take a better look at the man and I noticed he had gone,humphh so much for a 5star hotel terrace breeze...now I had witnessed something major.
"a...are you okay?" I asked the woman,
she looked at me with bloodshot eyes,like she was just noticing my existence
"what are you?" she asked unpleasantly
A VAMPIRE HAAAA,HERE TO SUCK YOU BLOOD HAAA,I thought in my head
"I'm a guest of the hotel,my elder sister is having her after party here,are you okay?" I asked once more
she gathered her gown in her hand and moved closer to me,twas then I found out I could literally see her boobies,oh hottie hottie who's a low-key hooker I thought,she grabbed my hand and I squirmed from the pain,her fake nails were digging into my flesh
"what are you d...doing?" I hissed in pain
"you will tell no one of what you have seen" she looked me in the eye and then,with her bloodshot eyes,tattered clothes and ruined makeup she looked quite funny I was tempted to laugh.
she added more force to the arm grabbing ND I had to say good-bye to my laugh
"hey hey it's okay, I've no interest in this,I don't know who that man is anyways"
she looked at me like I was a fool from Pluto
" you don't know who he is?" she released my arm
" nooope...no idea,is he the president I asked with wide eyes" I was clearly messing with her,she scoffed,turned around and walked away.
Well well well,now that makes this an interesting evening I thought as I headed back to the boring party......
Re: Surrogate Mom [love Or Life] by ilovetoeat: 8:32pm On Jul 08, 2020
EMERGENCY AT SOUTH SIDE

Monday morning arrived too quickly for me, I parked my old volkswagen in the parking spot designated to me, while I fished for my hand bag in the passenger seat, I was about getting off the car when
"Baby baby you know I love you, my dear noodles, I love you biscuits too, ND my sweetheart riceeeee" my ringing tone sounded.... And yes I know it's foolish but I am a food lover and I just needed a ringtone that sounds delicious lol.
The caller I.D showed it was my best friend turned brother_in_law..
"Hey brother_in_law" I said with a smile
"Shut up missy, I can tell that isn't from your heart"
" Hahaha thought you were going to make me call you bro now"
" You'd probably kill me" he laughed
" So how's the honeymoon in D city",D city was the ultimate vacation site for the wealthy, Ade had to take a loan to fulfill minty's dream of having her honeymoon over there, deep in love mehn
"It's really feels good, how's work on a Monday morning freak? "
" Shiccck I didn't check the time, I'm a minute late, I've got to go, love you" I pressed a kiss against my phone screen,he Chuckled love you too
"Okay Missy,bye".
I was about to hang up the call when I heard minty's call in the background asking if it was me,then she said something about him calling me so early in the morning..I HUNG UP
It was almost 3:00pm and I was drop dead tired,it had been a long day and it was nowhere near the end of it.
ONE of the female xixi came in panting..
"Little xi what's the matter" I asked with a frown
"GI... GI..GINA., the new patient in room 112 has refused to take his drugs and his injection"
" Why is that, is there something he doesn't like about the hospital? "
" He... He... One of the nurses tried to.. to get close to him earlier" she stuttered.
One interesting fact about South gate hospital which made it different from the Northgate hospital it's twin, was that South gate was only for the stinkingly wealthy, not the wealthy or the rich but the crazy rich, this was a bonus to the nurses as the pay was larger than that of the nurses at North side, which was a meagre 1000qan[not a real denomination] the nurses at South side earned up to 3500qan and adding to that was the opportunity to always "SERVICE" a patient well and perhaps get into his bed and make your way to a life of riches since all patients including sickly old men admitted at the hospital were wealthy bugs.This was evident in the way the nurses uniform was provocatively styled, very short pink gowns, with a low cut neck, tightly fitted to the body...most of the nurses were also always on their A game makeup.... I always thought it all funny, from the day I had been transferred over to South side I had pleased with the director to allow me continue to wear my blue scrubs, the others had all seen me as a fool who didn't know how to get rich but I had never been one to care for too much riches, I felt it'll always Choke.
"Who tried to get closer to him earlier?"
"An ge"
I sighed, An ge was just a little girl slightly over 21 and she had already been blended into the struggle in South side
"Gina could you please, just try to give him his injection, please we're all counting on you"she said tearfully
" But he's not even my patient"
" Please Gina, the other nurses all pleased with me to come to you"
Well I am GINA AKA THE WITCH NURSE....
" Okay.... I'll do it, but this is the last time, I'm not going to take him up"
" Okay, okay... We'll treat you to a meal, thank you so much"
" Who is he by the way? "
" Haaaa it's ummm.... Confidential, he's a big fish, the biggest in the ocean"she squirmed under my gaze
" Hmm okay, lead the way"
IT WAS GOING TO BE A LONG DAY

2 Likes

Re: Surrogate Mom [love Or Life] by damis28crown(f): 8:26am On Jul 10, 2020
following kudos Op
Re: Surrogate Mom [love Or Life] by ilovetoeat: 5:23pm On Jul 16, 2020
damis28crown:
following kudos Op
thank you so so much
Re: Surrogate Mom [love Or Life] by ilovetoeat: 5:26pm On Jul 16, 2020
I nodded at the bodyguards outside the VIP hospital room and made my way inside, quite curious about who was in the room.
A cup came flying towards me as I opened the door, and thanks to my reflex skilly I quickly dodged to the side,
"Get out, I don't want to see anybody" a figure on the bed spat out angrily.
I ignored him and continued to move forward,on hearing my light footsteps, the figure turned around to look at me,
"I. SAID. GET. BACK." he spoke through his teeth, I ignored him and continued to move forward, on getting to him, I attempted to take a hold of his arm which he quickly retracted.
"ARE YOU A FOOL?" He gritted out
"I'm here to give your injection"
"I said I don't want to see anybody"
I MOVED closer to him, bending my body in the process,
"Okay, that's not a problem" I said"you tore your ACL while racing, although that is not a life threatening injury, if you don't take your medication and allow the nurses administer your injection, you're probably going to spend half of your lifespan in this hospital, now forgetting the fact that this VIP room Costs over half a million per night, you'd spend such a long time here your family will be bankrupt by the time you'll get out, you'll stay here so long you'll grow some grey in your hair by the time you'd be out, and when you eventually get back, that is if your injury doesn't worsen, the chemical smell of the hospital would have penetrated so deep into your bones, no amount of perfumes will be ableTo purify you, you'd stink so bad you won't get anyone to marry you, then when on your deathbed, your old nanny beside you, you'll die an unhappy unmarried smelling old man, you'd love that right? ".
I said my piece smirked and proceeded to walk out, I was almost at the door when a tight, strong voice called behind me,
"Come administer"
I smiled slightly then turned back with a cold face. He looked at me with a rigid face, while I proceeded to administer his injection, I pulled his arm cleaned the spot with a wet cotton wool and gave him his injection.
"Was that on purpose" he asked with a bit of fury in his tone, I didn't pretend not to understand what he meant like some people do.
"If I wanted to hurt you, I wouldn't have found your vein in my first try, I would have poked your skin about ten times before finding your vein" I flung at him before walking out of the room.
Re: Surrogate Mom [love Or Life] by ilovetoeat: 5:37pm On Jul 16, 2020
THE man on the bed looked dazedly at the retreating figure of the woman, no woman had ever talked to him like that way, he was so high above them that they always tried to curry favour with him.
Was this a ploy of hers to get his attention??, humphh it won't work on him, he had to get her fired. Did she not know who he was?.
"Head nurse.. you're... back" xixi spoke like she didn't expect me to come back alive
"hmm, yes, the patient has been given his injection so make sure his medication for tonight isn't delayed"I said sternly and was about to walk away, when one of the other nurses with her spoke
"head nurse, do you really not know who he is??",
okay, now I was a bit curious I must admit....
" No, who is he? "
"HE... HE... HE IS JIN ZE" she spoke with wide eyes and I froze

1 Like

Re: Surrogate Mom [love Or Life] by Arebeyy: 6:07pm On Jul 16, 2020
Interesting
Re: Surrogate Mom [love Or Life] by damis28crown(f): 9:11am On Jul 18, 2020
hmmm i can smell something thanks for the update

(1) (Reply)

Rivers Government To Demolish Bayelsa Government's Buildings In Port Harcourt / Any Comments? / You Can't Afford To Miss This:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.