Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,684 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

Umar Resumes As Acting EFCC Chairman - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umar Resumes As Acting EFCC Chairman (57256 Views)

Abdulkarim Chukkol - New Acting EFCC Chairman’s Profile / Gbajabiamila Resumes As Chief Of Staff To President Tinubu (Pictures) / Mohammed Umar Named Acting EFCC Chairman - The Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umar Resumes As Acting EFCC Chairman by jlinkd78(m): 6:02pm On Jul 08, 2020
Following
Re: Umar Resumes As Acting EFCC Chairman by asobo: 6:02pm On Jul 08, 2020
H
Re: Umar Resumes As Acting EFCC Chairman by izubext007: 6:03pm On Jul 08, 2020
fear fullani
Re: Umar Resumes As Acting EFCC Chairman by Dansuqi: 6:03pm On Jul 08, 2020
etokhana:

https://punchng.com/umar-resumes-as-efcc-chairman/

He is am illegal appointee.he should give way to cp bala ciroma
Re: Umar Resumes As Acting EFCC Chairman by Dansuqi: 6:03pm On Jul 08, 2020
izubext007:
fear fullani

Hes not fulani
Re: Umar Resumes As Acting EFCC Chairman by Enwhen(m): 6:05pm On Jul 08, 2020
Nitah1:
I'm still amazed that people really believed that Magu is a thief and corrupt....

This is the work of politician who are directly or indirectly affected by the war against corruption waged by Magu.....we have heard their story,soon we shall hear he's.

Belike them share give u Ko ??

They are all thieves....Magu is being exposed today because he has step on toes ...in Nigeria , all politicians are thieves, they know within themselves , and when there is any issue btw each other , the most powerful, goes out to root your case out in order to.deal with you ...

They are all criminals .

1 Like

Re: Umar Resumes As Acting EFCC Chairman by Oxtertee(m): 6:05pm On Jul 08, 2020
So it's only the abokis that are left in this obodo nijeriya Abi.
Re: Umar Resumes As Acting EFCC Chairman by WebSurfer(m): 6:06pm On Jul 08, 2020
angry
Re: Umar Resumes As Acting EFCC Chairman by awofodu3(m): 6:06pm On Jul 08, 2020
There are 2 categories of citizens: civilians and military.

The secetary is a civilian, yes we agree.

Policemen are also civilians too. Or when did they become the military?
Re: Umar Resumes As Acting EFCC Chairman by Nchenches: 6:07pm On Jul 08, 2020
How could Olukayode be installed as EFCC boss?
Who wants Yoruba gather muscle for 2023 race?

The most political strategist Jagaband...

1 Like

Re: Umar Resumes As Acting EFCC Chairman by Barekyo: 6:07pm On Jul 08, 2020
shocked
Re: Umar Resumes As Acting EFCC Chairman by Teebabs1vic(m): 6:10pm On Jul 08, 2020
I hope he doesn't follow the footstep of his boss
Re: Umar Resumes As Acting EFCC Chairman by erico2k2(m): 6:11pm On Jul 08, 2020
ManOfCompetence:
I hope he carries out his duties diligently.... Recovering looted funds from past administrations and fishing out criminals in this present administration should be carried out....
In Nigeria? that will never happen, the one recovered we hear the end of it?Until ordinary people say no to corruption, we are o n a colussion headings!
Re: Umar Resumes As Acting EFCC Chairman by 234reader: 6:11pm On Jul 08, 2020
InfinixMine:
ZOOMED TO BILLIONS
[a long but worthwhile read]

Eric Yuan, am Chinese American that migrated to the US at the age of 27 in 1997 barely able to speak English.
He was born in 1970 in Tai’an, Shandong Province of China. As at 4th grade, he was collecting construction scraps to recycle copper for cash. He had his first degree in Applied Mathematics and his Masters in Engineering. He spent 4 years working in Japan until Bill Gates went there to speak in 1994.

He decided to move to California with the little English he knew but was denied visa 8 times before the future billionaire was allowed on the 9th application to fulfil his dream in 1997.

He was good at writing codes so she spent the first several years in the US writing codes. He first worked for Webex - a videoconferencing start up until it was acquired by Cisco Systems in 2007 when he became Vice President Engineering.

He was about 17 when the idea that eventually became ZOOM came to him. He was inspired to develop videotelephony software on a 10 hour train journey to see his girlfriend. He could only see her twice in a year and he wanted an easier way to “visit” her.
In 2011 while working with Cisco, he pitched a new smartphone friendly video conferencing system to Cisco Management but he was shot down. Cisco was hoping to compete with the FB social networking and his idea was out of place. They found out they made a huge mistake 3 years later.

Eric Yuan left Cisco to start ZOOM Video Communications in 2011. He laboured and received many rejections as he could not get any funding for the platform as they kept on telling him that ‘the market is too crowded’.
Even his wife initially questioned why he left his comfortable role in Cisco where he was already a top shot but he told her “I KNOW IT IS A LONG JOURNEY AND VERY HARD, BUT IF I DON’T TRY IT, I WILL REGRET IT’.
He changed his screensaver to “It can’t be done” in order to get provoked as he kept working.

Zoom kicked off in a crowded market but it cut a brand and a style for itself. As at 2017, Eric Yuan was everything in ZOOM. He was even in the Customer Service sending emails and receiving phone calls whilst also personally chasing after those who cancelled their subscription.
He is so popular with his own staff as the all gave him 99% approval rating with the outside one percent being his own self rating.

He reached the billion mark in April 2019 and was still remained unknown among the Forbes top richest people. He was not even near the top 500 richest as at December 2019.

Since the pandemic began, he has gatecrashed into the Forbes’ 500 richest humans landing at number 192. He is currently worth $10-11 billion dollars.
These billions were made on the back of lockdown with many organisations and companies signing up lucrative subscriptions. Some of them include Samsung, Uber, Walmart, Capital One and etc.

Many denominations and parishes that never knew of Eric Yuan signed up for his ZOOM platform in order to continue the gospel propagation and meeting the needs of their members. We at Hope Connections are one of them.
I hope you can read in-between the texts to take something home with you.

At age 17, an idea was sown in his heart whilst trying to solve the distance problem between him and his girlfriend. When I was at that age, girlfriend or boyfriend was a sin.
To now have time dedicated to solving distance problem between me and a girlfriend was definitely impossible. Mama Deji will tell you to face your future so you become a medical doctor.

I am not here to blame our parents. I am just here to remind someone that the idea you had to solve a problem years back can still be worked out. Just resurrect it.
Time hushpuppy and his gang spent on scamming the vulnerable one could have been diverted to writing codes.
It is a shame that with all the scamming, stealing and defrauding people, government patronage and etc, none of them is as rich as Eric Yuan with his idea!
Ideas rule the world but unfortunately, the church is not allowing her members to make use of the ideas given to them by God or inspired by the circumstances around them.

I am sorry I mentioned the church. I blame some of us for the state of poverty of the people we attend to when we continue to organise 9am to 12noon programmes for them during weekdays when they should be looking for work or meditating on proffering solutions to the numerous problems around them.

ZOOM has 300 million meetings DAILY. Eric Yuan owns 22%, and as a church, we are subscribed to a professional platform for 500 participants paying £40 a month. That means 22% of our subscription enriches Eric Yuan who may probably not believe in what we believe.

When you look at it from my perspective, you will ask questions that I ask. Why are the best ideas in life coming from people we believe have no part in our God? Why are the wealthiest people the ones outside of faith...they don’t pay tithes, they don’t give any sacrificial offerings in the church, they don’t ‘hear’ from God like we mostly say!
So sir, if you are church person with a medical background, I think it is high time we went back to God. We must be able to pray and heal or develop vaccines to cure some serious ailments.

If you are an engineer and you belong to the church, millions of ideas should be seriously buzzing in your heart now.
Seriously, if we practically follow the biblical principle, as we are discipling the nations, we should be lending to the nations also. Going by the way we ‘disturb’ God with our prayers, we should be the one with answers to the world problems.

Let us be the light!
*Copied. Written by Amos Ajewole, Pastor RCCG Hope Connections Huddersfield*
Thank you for the great message
Re: Umar Resumes As Acting EFCC Chairman by AreaFada2: 6:12pm On Jul 08, 2020
Nitah1:
I'm still amazed that people really believed that Magu is a thief and corrupt....

This is the work of politician who are directly or indirectly affected by the war against corruption waged by Magu.....we have heard their story,soon we shall hear he's.
That is the point of the investigation. Naturally people will talk once news like about his investigation breaks out.

He now has the chance to clear himself.
In 9ja we blame political enemies and witch-hunt for everything. If no evidence against you, then no case.
Re: Umar Resumes As Acting EFCC Chairman by Nchenches: 6:12pm On Jul 08, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
Another Fulani man. Yelobams hw market ?? grin grin

Fowler, BAT’s houseboy, has got enough loot from NIRS, Nigeria’s 2nd money spinner after petroleum depts, for Yaribawa.

Nigeria money is every group loot as you can.
Re: Umar Resumes As Acting EFCC Chairman by Tareq1105: 6:15pm On Jul 08, 2020
GboyegaD:
I wish he does better than his leaders in fighting corruption.

He can't fight any corruption.

Malami is bringing him to do dirty jobs of setting free of political associates.
Re: Umar Resumes As Acting EFCC Chairman by Arizonaguy(m): 6:16pm On Jul 08, 2020
Nitah1:

seconded
Right from day one, they didn't want him there
i'm appalled people would see it that way
Re: Umar Resumes As Acting EFCC Chairman by alexsoftwork(m): 6:16pm On Jul 08, 2020
ManOfCompetence:
I hope he carries out his duties diligently.... Recovering looted funds from past administrations and fishing out criminals in this present administration should be carried out....

Why are u speaking English? Stop talking like u don't know this country political trends and biases, they are all same. Yes Sir to the cabals/ power brokers.
Re: Umar Resumes As Acting EFCC Chairman by DEROX: 6:18pm On Jul 08, 2020
wetmenow:
where is it located?
Re: Umar Resumes As Acting EFCC Chairman by Patrioticman007(m): 6:19pm On Jul 08, 2020
puyol005:
Govt of the north and for the north

Google the definition of Democracy, if you don't have data, I will help you with a summary.
Its a system government that the majority of the population will have their way and the minority their say.
Keep wailing, sorry I meant keep " saying ".

Re: Umar Resumes As Acting EFCC Chairman by pacificom: 6:20pm On Jul 08, 2020
GboyegaD:
I wish he does better than his leaders in fighting corruption.
If he cares about his name.
Re: Umar Resumes As Acting EFCC Chairman by OgogoroFreak(m): 6:22pm On Jul 08, 2020
Brand new Hushpuppi
Re: Umar Resumes As Acting EFCC Chairman by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 08, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
Another Fulani man. Yelobams hw market ?? grin grin

Lol... Is it not funny that some persons are taught to believe that every political issue in Nigeria is to undermine or disgrace the Yorubas. Is that the only way you guys are taught to analyze politics Only hate can turn human reasoning upside down like this. grin

Imagine if Magu was a Yoruba man I'm sure the only noise you all will be shouting is: "Yorubas have been used and dumped again" "Yorubas will never learn", "Tinubu's ambition is dead and buried, Fulanis are masters of political game" etc... Igbos political reasoning is pathetic.

cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umar Resumes As Acting EFCC Chairman by Meritocracy: 6:22pm On Jul 08, 2020
The problem is from beginning, how can someone put policeman in a position to fight corruption, police that majority of them join police because of bribery and corruption. It's like using palmoil to wash white garment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umar Resumes As Acting EFCC Chairman by ehissi(m): 6:23pm On Jul 08, 2020
No!! That is wrong!!

Magu was never the Chairman of EFCC! Magu was the Acting Chairman, and as such Umar can not be chairman nor Acting Chairman.

Umar is the Acting Acting Chairman!!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Umar Resumes As Acting EFCC Chairman by badoh(m): 6:23pm On Jul 08, 2020
Nitah1:

Guy, there's no smoke without fire. The secret dealings of Magu might have been exposed. Never trust anyone completely. We are all human.
Re: Umar Resumes As Acting EFCC Chairman by puyol005(m): 6:24pm On Jul 08, 2020
Patrioticman007:

Google the definition of Democracy, if you don't have data, I will help you with a summary.
Its a system government that the majority of the population will have their way and the minority their say.
Keep wailing, sorry I meant keep " saying ".
And what have I said different... Fool!

1 Like

Re: Umar Resumes As Acting EFCC Chairman by electman(m): 6:26pm On Jul 08, 2020
Nitah1:

My thought exactly, time will tell.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS / Emmanuel Nwobosi And Nnamdi Kanu Meet In Israel, Speaks On 1966 Military Coup / LP, PDP Used Russian Hackers To Hack INEC Servers - APC Official (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.