Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,006 members, 7,806,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister (68376 Views)

We Will Go After Holders Of Certificates From Degree Mills – Education Minister / I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister / FG Suspends Reopening Of Schools, Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by prodigyevans(m): 7:01pm On Jul 08, 2020
Will edo election still take place or should we wait until it is safe? angry
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Scottay(m): 7:02pm On Jul 08, 2020
Chuksmonika:
my brother, this is not about confused government, we are talking about "safety" here, I think FG took the best decision, na person wey dey alive dey think of exam oo, As a matter of fact, Nigerians should start bracing up as a matter of utmost urgency for another nationwide lockdown, cause that one go happen anytime Next week!

Let the truth be told .., we can't stay like this forever and what if next year comes and things are now worse than this. Will they still shift the exams again?.. It's obvious government is clueless about this matter

8 Likes

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by bikaka17(m): 7:02pm On Jul 08, 2020
And later a Job post will come with age limit...after a year is already gone empty...and even whn school resumes you will hear there's a pending strike still not attended to by ASUU...Nigeria which way forward.�

1 Like

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by bakescos01: 7:03pm On Jul 08, 2020
ikorodureporta:
The right way to go! Kenya did the same thing. All of you crying for school & church resumption shl know that this is like a war situation. Staying alive is what matters most

What is this one saying ? This virus hardly affect those in that age bracket and more also , your politicians are doing primary election and getting ready for election in 2 states but Coronavirus did not affect election with the fact that elderly ones are the ones that vote the most but you feel this wards missing a whole educational year is good for Convid19. Don’t know how people think in our country. School has resumed in Germany, Belgium and most European countries and they have more death casualties than us. What’s our problem ?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 08, 2020
Covid-19 is giving plenty people an excuse for ineptitude.

6 Likes

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by otokx(m): 7:03pm On Jul 08, 2020
Age limit for jobs should be stopped.

8 Likes

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by godstino(m): 7:04pm On Jul 08, 2020
Chuksmonika:
my brother, this is not about confused government, we are talking about "safety" here, I think FG took the best decision, na person wey dey alive dey think of exam oo, As a matter of fact, Nigerians should start bracing up as a matter of utmost urgency for another nationwide lockdown, cause that one go happen anytime Next week!
which safety when they are busy campaigning and preparing for elections? Churches can open but schools can't. That's how obaseki brought one gazette in Edo state prohibiting political gathering yet he was crowded during his defection to PDP. Covid-19 is here to stay and we have to find a way to live with it.

3 Likes

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by onyxo76(m): 7:04pm On Jul 08, 2020
Chuksmonika:
lockdown again? in that case those revenue guys should just forget about me paying land use charge for this year, this month you will allow me to open, next month you lock me up again...i had to lay off two of my workers last month when i could not pay salaries again.

4 Likes

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 08, 2020
demzey:
I guess they saw what happened in SHS girls school in Ghana, where 6 students contracted d virus and parents rushed to school to take their children grin, they don't want such to happen in naija

Rubbish trash..

.. Media lies.. Which 6 students..

Oshi

2 Likes

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by jidamsel43(m): 7:04pm On Jul 08, 2020
ikorodureporta:
The right way to go! Kenya did the same thing. All of you crying for school & church resumption shl know that this is like a war situation. Staying alive is what matters most
War situation indeed. Will the government cancel Edo and Ondo election because of this ' war situation '.

Don't be a lazy youth. Must you accept anything dogmatically like that?

11 Likes

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by godstino(m): 7:05pm On Jul 08, 2020
bakescos01:

What is this one saying ? This virus hardly affect those in that age bracket and more also , your politicians are doing primary election and getting ready for election in 2 states but Coronavirus did not affect election with the fact that elderly ones are the ones that vote the most but you feel this wards missing a whole educational year is good for Convid19. Don’t know how people think in our country. School has resumed in Germany, Belgium and most European countries and they have more death casualties than us. What’s our problem ?
Don't mind them. Our leaders are just something else

1 Like

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by KingEzo: 7:06pm On Jul 08, 2020
This is not true. He said unity secondary school students and perhaps other federal government secondary school. Not applicable to all the students

1 Like

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by ayo2008: 7:06pm On Jul 08, 2020
God bless you jare
Wise decision
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by fabienjoe: 7:06pm On Jul 08, 2020
brainhgeek:
Some schools have finished the session already and are officially on holiday. In fact, their kids wrote some external exams and so e exam bodies found a way to grade the students.
It is not all about money, it is about a working government. Nigeria has none.

The government cannot work without the people. I'm not holding brief for the government but in this COVID 19 issue, the bigger problem lies with the people. All over the world, government efforts are only as good as the people make it. Here, it's all about denial of the existence of this disease, Conspiracy theories, outright lies and unbelievable cynicism..It is gut wrenching..I never believed Nigerians can so gamble with their own very lives..It only shows how dehumanised they have become..I'm really concerned at the society we have evolved to, if people can treat their own lives with so much carelessness, how much less value are they going to attach to that of another? Does that explain the unending gory news we wake up to daily in these parts?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Iniobong44(m): 7:06pm On Jul 08, 2020
Nawoo
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Rhesusmonkey(m): 7:06pm On Jul 08, 2020
Chuksmonika:
Super story.
Shouldn't the govt also be talking of safety for those being ravaged by herdsmen, bandits, bokoharam, or is it that those ones dont deserve safety at all
Or maybe there own death is not original I think.

4 Likes

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by megama: 7:07pm On Jul 08, 2020
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by onyxo76(m): 7:08pm On Jul 08, 2020
alexistaiwo:
Brace up for what?

I don't think any self dependent person will be this enthusiastic about another lockdown.

When you grow up, you will understand.
abi o, na those revenue guys go suffer am o, I'm not ready to pay shishi this year, how many weeks i don work this year due to lockdown
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by moderatedguy: 7:09pm On Jul 08, 2020
obyrich:
They will sacrifice 1 year.
Na Nov/Dec GCE go take head carry am.
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by themanderon: 7:10pm On Jul 08, 2020
Safety first. Na person wey dey alive go dey think of exams. The domino effect of a resumption at this stage would be disastrous and one we may not be able to bear as a nation.
Even NMA has warned about it, so it's better late than sorry.

1 Like

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by frubben(m): 7:10pm On Jul 08, 2020
But election will hold. Chai why me , why me

2 Likes

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by ChengHun(m): 7:10pm On Jul 08, 2020
It takes Only one infected student to infect the whole school. There is no way students will not have contact with each other. I can remember how I contracted measles back then in secondary school. The scar is still on my body. The solution to covid-19 is to discover the vaccine and vaccinate everybody.
away from that, learn how to create whiteboard animation videos. chat me on 0-9-0-3-1-1-10-1-2-5-6. The more you learn, the more you earn. knowledge is power
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Mars16(m): 7:11pm On Jul 08, 2020
Decibel:
Mr. Adamu Adamu, should sincerely tell us that the North is not ready for this year WAEC, we will understand instead of using Covid-19 pandemic as a shield to cover his ineptitude. cheesy

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by jaxxy(m): 7:12pm On Jul 08, 2020
Decibel:
Mr. Adamu Adamu, should sincerely tell us that the North is not ready for this year WAEC, we will understand instead of using Covid-19 pandemic as a shield to cover his ineptitude. cheesy

If they write waec with the level of preparations going on all regions will have alot of failures not the North. That’s if u can even coordinate the exams with necessary covid19 measures in place.
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by efemena5050(m): 7:12pm On Jul 08, 2020
Decibel:
remove ur brain from ur pocket.....
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by YoungAncient1: 7:12pm On Jul 08, 2020
What's with all these back and forth? I thought they already gave the go-ahead for schools to resume for those preparing for exams?
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Scottay(m): 7:14pm On Jul 08, 2020
chillychill:
They keep saying "until it is safe" ppl wey no do test for ppl wen dere was total lock down , wey Don open market, wey Don open airport, wey Don open bank.. Re now saying until it is a safe..

So even if it's not safe till next three years dem no go do dere exam...? This virus is here already, n it doesn't have a vaccine yet so it will b here for a long time(I guess) y not get a solution for dis children.. I am seriously not happy with d way dis government is handling dis virus thing cry

That's the result of voting wrong clueless set of individual in government.., thesame government granting and authorizing election in some states neglecting the fact that election procedures involves more individuals than the exam we are talking about . I hope they get sense soon sah. Peace

4 Likes

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by drkrest(m): 7:15pm On Jul 08, 2020
emmatony:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/breaking-nigerian-students-wont-write-2020-waec-fg/amp/
but the same covid-19 upshot won't stop the election in Edo state from happening. The people at the helm of affairs are bunch of hypocrites, they do not give any regard for education.

2 Likes

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Otsam(m): 7:15pm On Jul 08, 2020

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Kemimarch16(f): 7:15pm On Jul 08, 2020
Confused set of leaders I wonder if they have sense at all? I will see if they will postpone Edo and Ondo elections too.

1 Like

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by fabienjoe: 7:16pm On Jul 08, 2020
bakescos01:

Those in the age bracket would get infected and show mild or no symptoms but they would infect their teachers and take it home to their parents and the cycle of sickness and death continues..Interview a Belgian, a German or other Western European on one side and a Nigerian on another on this pandemic and you would understand why you should trust
civilized Europeans in schools in these times than Nigerians. Sad, I'm not proud of it, but that's true...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Drone Shots Of The University Of Ibadan (the First And Best) / Bauchi Secondary School Closed After Students Held Wedding Among Themselves / Adekunle Ajasin University,Akungba 2016/2017 Admission Process Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.