Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

How Far Can I Go With The "Donut" Spare Tyre? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Far Can I Go With The "Donut" Spare Tyre? (868 Views)

How Far Can You Drive Your Vehicle On Empty? / Why It Is Not Safe To Drive With A Donut Spare Tyre That Comes With Most New Car / Don’t Overspeed With A Temporary Spare Tyre (donut). Find Out The Reason Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Far Can I Go With The "Donut" Spare Tyre? by loba18: 8:31pm On Jul 08, 2020
Good evening sirs and mas, I have an impromptu meeting tomorrow morning around Lagos Business School. I live somewhere off college road, Ogba. Just this evening, I noticed one of my tyres is bad so I had to replace it with the "donut" spare tyre. Can I drive that far with that tyre? That's from Ogba to LBS, Ajah. Please advise me.

GAZZUZZ
Kingrein
Nurey
Lexusgs430
Sooperrescue
Etc , please
Re: How Far Can I Go With The "Donut" Spare Tyre? by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:37pm On Jul 08, 2020
loba18:
Good evening sirs and mas, I have an impromptu meeting tomorrow morning around Lagos Business School. I live somewhere off college road, Ogba. Just this evening, I noticed one of my tyres is bad so I had to replace it with the "donut" spare tyre. Can I drive that far with that tyre? That's from Ogba to LBS, Ajah. Please advise me.

GAZZUZZ
Kingrein
Nurey
Lexusgs430
Sooperrescue
Etc , please

in 2003 I drove from Bauchi - Kaduna and back on a "donut" cheesy you will be fine

2 Likes

Re: How Far Can I Go With The "Donut" Spare Tyre? by loba18: 8:38pm On Jul 08, 2020
Okay brother, thanks
Re: How Far Can I Go With The "Donut" Spare Tyre? by nurey(m): 9:23pm On Jul 08, 2020
loba18:
Okay brother, thanks

As far as you like, but the donut tyre always have a recommend lower speed limit like say 80km/h

1 Like

Re: How Far Can I Go With The "Donut" Spare Tyre? by loba18: 9:24pm On Jul 08, 2020
nurey:

As far as you like, but the donut tyre always have a recommend lower speed limit like say 80km/h

Okay brother, thanks
Re: How Far Can I Go With The "Donut" Spare Tyre? by diportivo: 9:24pm On Jul 08, 2020
nurey:

what happens if u go past 80 tho?
Re: How Far Can I Go With The "Donut" Spare Tyre? by kingreign(m): 9:41pm On Jul 08, 2020
loba18:

GAZZUZZ
Kingrein
Nurey
Lexusgs430
Sooperrescue
Etc , please
pls give distance in Kilometres. Not many people know the distance between Ogba to LBS or Ajah (because not everyone stays in Lagos).

That said, 70miles is the furthest range you should safely run on doughnut tyres.

1 Like

Re: How Far Can I Go With The "Donut" Spare Tyre? by nurey(m): 9:48pm On Jul 08, 2020
diportivo:

if you pass the recommended speed you are inadvertently destroying the tyre, it could burst or deform.
Re: How Far Can I Go With The "Donut" Spare Tyre? by sultaan(m): 9:59pm On Jul 08, 2020
Remember to pressurize the tire to the Recommended pressure on the side wall I think it's about 60psi
Re: How Far Can I Go With The "Donut" Spare Tyre? by illicit(m): 10:03pm On Jul 08, 2020
diportivo:

Pls don't try to find out
Re: How Far Can I Go With The "Donut" Spare Tyre? by sooperrescue(m): 10:15pm On Jul 08, 2020
loba18:

GAZZUZZ
Kingrein
Nurey
Lexusgs430
Sooperrescue
Etc , please

You will be ok. But no fast acceleration.

2 Likes

Re: How Far Can I Go With The "Donut" Spare Tyre? by Shellsploit: 11:51pm On Jul 08, 2020
Naijadrivacars sef sad
Re: How Far Can I Go With The "Donut" Spare Tyre? by FEGEITOK: 3:50am On Jul 09, 2020
loba18:

Etc , please
Over 200km bida, Niger State to CBD, Abuja in the dead of the night following an unfortunate puncture in bida

Didn't go above 80km but didn't have to sleep on the road

Use it at the rear please

Good luck

1 Like

Re: How Far Can I Go With The "Donut" Spare Tyre? by loba18: 8:08am On Jul 09, 2020
kingreign:
pls give distance in Kilometres. Not many people know the distance between Ogba to LBS or Ajah (because not everyone stays in Lagos).

That said, 70miles is the furthest range you should safely run on doughnut tyres.

Okay brother...
Re: How Far Can I Go With The "Donut" Spare Tyre? by loba18: 8:09am On Jul 09, 2020
FEGEITOK:

Over 200km bida, Niger State to CBD, Abuja in the dead of the night following an unfortunate puncture in bida

Didn't go above 80km but didn't have to sleep on the road

Use it at the rear please

Good luck

Yes is at the rear, thanks brother
Re: How Far Can I Go With The "Donut" Spare Tyre? by NaijadrivaCars: 8:45am On Jul 09, 2020
Shellsploit:
Naijadrivacars sef sad
wink This donut tire sef.

tell am make he no fire speed o but he go de alright.

[img]https://media./images/800a46ca3a946f908b8a5c7cd2eabe35/tenor.gif[/img]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Far Can I Go With The "Donut" Spare Tyre? by diportivo: 4:51pm On Jul 09, 2020
illicit:

Pls don't try to find out

something wey we don do throwey

family don dey now so body don kamdan grin
Re: How Far Can I Go With The "Donut" Spare Tyre? by illicit(m): 4:54pm On Jul 09, 2020
diportivo:

something wey we don do throwey
family don dey now so body don kamdan grin
grin
I wish you good life
Re: How Far Can I Go With The "Donut" Spare Tyre? by loba18: 5:35pm On Jul 09, 2020
Thank you everybody.

I just came back from the trip.

GAZZUZZ

Nurey

Kingrein

Sooperrescue

FEGEITOK

sultaan

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Make Money With This Machine "Autel Maxisys MS906" / Is 2004 Ford Focus Hatcback Manual A Good Problematic Car? / Reverse Problem In My Auto Gear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.